Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why Can't I Get Forums In English?

TalruneTalrune Member Posts: 339

I mean I am not slow but seems I cannot get their forums on the eso site to show in english even though im signed in with EN top right chosen for english.   

Its mostly in German with some English titles any ideas?

Comments

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    It's international forums. There is an english, german, and french I believe all on the same forum. Just choose the english titled forums.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Yeah I was wondering the same thing. I even got an email to welcome me to the community in German! I guess it assumed since I am from the UK that I speak German -_- The logic!

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    It says to create an account to choose your language. Sadly I have yet to receive an invitation code to the forums or even figure out how to pay for a sub plan.

You stay sassy!

• StilerStiler Member Posts: 599
    Originally posted by Tamanous
    It says to create an account to choose your language. Sadly I have yet to receive an invitation code to the forums or even figure out how to pay for a sub plan.

A lot of peoples usernames (if you were in Beta) were different on those forums, if you were in beta or what not you already have an account there, simply go to "forgot password" and change it, instead of username use email address when you login.

That's what I had to do at least to get it to work.

Originally posted by Tamanous

When I created an account it automatically suggested English.

About the sub plan, I got the retail box and it says that no retail game keys can be activated prior launch (doesn't accept game key, only takes early access code) and you can't set a sub plan. Basically locked out till launch day.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720
    Originally posted by fivoroth
    Yeah I was wondering the same thing. I even got an email to welcome me to the community in German! I guess it assumed since I am from the UK that I speak German -_- The logic!

Blasphemous! We fought a war so that we DONT have to speak Ze German. How dare they!

On a more serious note, I think it may have something to do with the maintenance currently going on. 

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    I noticed this myself, apart from welcome messages, nothing in News is in English.
  • DatawarlockDatawarlock Member Posts: 338
    Originally posted by stragen001

Blasphemous! We fought a war so that we DONT have to speak Ze German. How dare they!

On a more serious note, I think it may have something to do with the maintenance currently going on. 

Vor uns liegt Deutschland, in uns marschiert Deutschland, und hinter uns kommt Deutschland!

Welcome to our forums rebel scum.

• rainorxxrainorxx Member Posts: 85
    Eu não entendo nada de alemão.
    Originally posted by loopback1199
    Originally posted by stragen001

Vor uns liegt Deutschland, in uns marschiert Deutschland, und hinter uns kommt Deutschland!

Welcome to our forums rebel scum.

Google translate? :D

Nicht lustig.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

Forums are showing a strange mix of German, French, and English.  It's actually really weird how they've effectively removed nearly all forms of official communication.  There used to be TESO forums on the Bethesda site, but they are gone.  Twitter is basically ignored other than a few blanket announcements.  The official forums don't even work.

There's supposedly a Facebook page, but either it's not set to public or doesn't exist.

Game is fun, but communication is piss-poor.

You make me like charity