Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1day =max lvl?

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by BeansnBread
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by ugurano
    later we hearing, crying like with a baby we have no content

We'll be hearing that in a month from everyone anyway.

I predict a little longer than a month, as even with TOR the real exodus didn't happen that soon. There's a lot more unique content to experience here.

I'm not talking about an exodus. I'm talking about the complaining before the exodus. I personally left SWTOR after a month though. And there was actually a lot more unique content in SWTOR than there is here.

How so? I certainly hope you don't mean class stories which make up a small percentage of the play sessions content. You only have two unique lines of questing in SWTOR the Imperial, or the republic, that's two play sessions of unique content. ESO has more than that.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Its not exploiting, he didn't do some bugged quest for infinite XP, he just did grinding.

If anything, Zenimax should just cut its losses and un-nerf the XP from dungeons and group content.  Funnelling everyone into quests will just lead to people finding ways around it like this guy did.  

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

I'm not talking about an exodus. I'm talking about the complaining before the exodus. I personally left SWTOR after a month though. And there was actually a lot more unique content in SWTOR than there is here.

How so? I certainly hope you don't mean class stories which make up a small percentage of the play sessions content. You only have two unique lines of questing in SWTOR the Imperial, or the republic, that's two play sessions of unique content. ESO has more than that.

You have 2 unique quest lines with a huge amount of side quests and 8 unique stories. The stories made up about 10-20% of the leveling process each. Besides that there were raids, way more dungeons, BGs, space battles, and far more voiceover work and cinematics. They haven't actually added a lot of the end game content to ESO yet and who actually knows when they will.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

I predict a little longer than a month, as even with TOR the real exodus didn't happen that soon. There's a lot more unique content to experience here.

No SWTOR had some of the worst questing ever conceived, and the most dull, lifeless, hallway-esque zones even implemented in gaming history. SWTOR didn't suck because it had "a lot more unique content" it sucked because it was bad in nearly every way a game could be.

You have 2 unique quest lines with a huge amount of side quests and 8 unique stories. The stories made up about 10-20% of the leveling process each. Besides that there were raids, way more dungeons, BGs, space battles, and far more voiceover work and cinematics. They haven't actually added a lot of the end game content to ESO yet and who actually knows when they will.

I'd still argue even considering TOR's dungeons and few raids at launch there is more here. IN terms of unique don't have to repeat anything per playthrough content.

• ReticulataReticulata Member UncommonPosts: 98
    • Here is the question no one is asking:
    Some of these people who hit level 50 almost immediately have been dedicated streamers through beta and are still streaming today I see.

Did they stream on day 1 as they leveled from launch, or did they conveniently turn off their streams at their lower levels?

A lot of answers will be found in that question. Personally, I have no idea, as I have not been paying attention to any streams last few days.

SOE changes name to Daybreak games, cause dey break games.
  • kwaikwai Member UncommonPosts: 825
    Originally posted by TangentPoint
    Originally posted by Bossalinie
    Originally posted by KaitarBesh

I can't believe that a) people are already level 50. Not unless they're exploiting something, in which case they should be banned.

and b) that people are griping about exp being too slow so they can't rush to end game and then whine about being bored like in EVERY other MMO that has released in the past 8 years.

Also, if you kiddies think this game is "slow leveling", you obviously never played some of the old MMOs that could take days or weeks for one level. Deal with it, or go play some carnival like WoW where you can be at end game in 3 days. So tired of locusts ruining games by demanding they be sped up to give them everything NOW NOW NOW.

I just love old geezers who spout out their soap box speeches at random, even though not a single person in the thread has complained...

Well, people have been saying that getting to level cap in barely 24 hours of the game launching shouldn't be possible. So there's that.

And anyway, what Kaitar says is absolutely true, and has been for the past several years - getting worse with each new release.

There are many players who race through the game to get to level cap, burn through everything, and then go on gaming forums complaining that the game sucks, doesn't have enough content, they're bored, it isn't worth a sub and should go F2P. Meanwhile, they skipped at least 80% of what the game actually offers because "end game is all that matters" to them... Until they get there.

Those who aren't deliberately racing through will still get there in short order. As a recent example, people in FFXIV: ARR were playing more casually, but still finishing the storyline and reaching end-game content within the first 3 weeks of the game's (re)launch. 

That should not be possible. Not in a MMO. Why? Simple:

Because MMOs are not single player games. They are not, and never were intended to be "finished" in a month, nevermind a week, or a day. One major aspect of MMOs, is that they are long-term experiences that continue to provide entertainment and content for months.. even years. The concept of "getting to end-game" is something many.. perhaps even most never even focused on in those earlier games, because the focus was on what you were doing "right now".. and there was plenty to do. "Level Cap" and "End Game" was some far off concept... You'd get there "eventually". In the meantime, there was plenty else to focus on.

There's nothing "old geezer" about Kaitar's statements. I'm 40 and I agree with them completely. Older MMOs were not designed around reaching level cap within days/hours of the game's launch. They were designed as long-term hobbies, with a much more moderate pace, more long-term goals, and content that people actually participated in outside of "leveling as fast as possible". And, funny enough, you hardly ever heard people bitching about "being bored at level cap", because there was always a lot more content... and people actually did it. 

It's unfortunate that people who've come to the MMO genre in the last 8 years never got to experience what a true MMO experience was, and could likely never appreciate it as those "old geezers" did. They're too busy with their "now now now! I want my reward just for showing up, and I'm entitled to it! Give it to me now!" mentalities to ever appreciate it. They can't appreciate how awesome a true MMO community is, because there is no "we" in MMOs anymore. It's all about "me" now. Except for one's guild... and even those are nothing compared to what they used to be. It's still a collection of people who only care about "me", using others to get what they want.

Again, I'm sure people will poke fun at that and attempt to twist it around, call me names, or whatever. That's fine. Have at it. Knock yourself out. Doesn't change a thing I said.

I agree with you whole hearted, i am 33 my self and i remember the older MMO's like Lineage II , took ages to get to cap level , were talking months if not close to a year depending on how much time you had to play, even World of Warcraft when it first released back in 2005 it took most people about 2-3 weeks just to reach 60 , i remember i spent something like 19 days reaching 60 with a good amount of time put in.

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461
    Originally posted by intiorized

Because now they are heroes they got interviewed by the media, here is their statement:

"this game is boring, there´s nothing to do. It took me 3 days to max lvl and i saw everything. There´s no story in it, it´s just like every other MMO. The game is not worth a sub maybe i look at it again when it´s f2p. As i am the reference to every serious MMO player please sign my petition for an article in the constitutions of every state which says that MMOs have to be F2P. Also the UNO has to declare that!"

I lol'd.. pretty much..

Originally posted by Reticulata
    Some of these people who hit level 50 almost immediately have been dedicated streamers through beta and are still streaming today I see.

Did they stream on day 1 as they leveled from launch, or did they conveniently turn off their streams at their lower levels?

A lot of answers will be found in that question. Personally, I have no idea, as I have not been paying attention to any streams last few days.

Yes, some of them streamed from level 1.

• ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594
    Leveling in group, going after XP, not shinies, beta knowledge, and most of all, account sharing.

Who? If they streamed from level one, then there should be no question here as to how they insta leveled to 50 in less than 1 day.

I just checked on the person mentioned in this thread, and they did in fact turn their stream off during their leveling, and did not begin streaming again till almost level 50, and has been streaming ever since.

• kwaikwai Member UncommonPosts: 825
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Oh now where have I seen this scenario play out before? This has been the bane of every new major MMORPG launch for the past how many years? It happend in the early access to GW2, someone hit 80 that weekend, I remember being low level seeing players in FF14 running around in their Magitech mounts. So why did anyone think it wouldn't happen here?

Who was it, in this thread, who said it shouldn't be possible in an MMORPG? He's right, but here we are. 

Everyy single MMO released since WOW...players have been hitting max level in couple of days.

It was naive to think that XP nerf is going to stop these people.

It happened before WOW, people could max out a toon in SWG in days back in 03-04. A real Xp nerf could stop these people, yet no sane dev is gong to do that, if they made XP truly meaningless ( as many seemed to say just a week ago about ESO), there would be no one hitting cap in days without some form of exploit. They're not going to do that though, I certainly had a hard time believing it a week ago in ESO's case. 

You must be delusional or something , SWG was a Sandbox game, there was no cap level, you could be whatever you wanted to be whenever you wanted, i maxed out alot of professions just for the sake of it and to have the badges etc.

You can in no way compare any of those games to SWG

Who? If they streamed from level one, then there should be no question here as to how they insta leveled to 50 in less than 1 day.

I just checked on the person mentioned in this thread, and they did in fact turn their stream off during their leveling, and did not begin streaming again till almost level 50, and has been streaming ever since.

This guy for one:

http://en.twitch.tv/prydatv

Also, it has been said multiple times how they did it. They grinded mobs in a group for 17 hours.

Edit: I just noticed he's already VR4/10.

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

I know for a fact that Pry didn't use any exploits.

Originally posted by kwai

Oh now where have I seen this scenario play out before? This has been the bane of every new major MMORPG launch for the past how many years? It happend in the early access to GW2, someone hit 80 that weekend, I remember being low level seeing players in FF14 running around in their Magitech mounts. So why did anyone think it wouldn't happen here?

Who was it, in this thread, who said it shouldn't be possible in an MMORPG? He's right, but here we are. 

Everyy single MMO released since WOW...players have been hitting max level in couple of days.

It happened before WOW, people could max out a toon in SWG in days back in 03-04. A real Xp nerf could stop these people, yet no sane dev is gong to do that, if they made XP truly meaningless ( as many seemed to say just a week ago about ESO), there would be no one hitting cap in days without some form of exploit. They're not going to do that though, I certainly had a hard time believing it a week ago in ESO's case. 

You must be delusional or something , SWG was a Sandbox game, there was no cap level, you could be whatever you wanted to be whenever you wanted, i maxed out alot of professions just for the sake of it and to have the badges etc.

You only had 250 skill points once you spent them you were capped. Still think I'm delusional?

This guy for one:

http://en.twitch.tv/prydatv

Also, it has been said multiple times how they did it. They grinded mobs in a group for 17 hours.

Edit: I just noticed he's already VR4/10.

That should answer everyone's question then if he does indeed have a stream avail from level 1. I don't see any stream of him leveling from level 1, maybe someone else who is interested can find it and the issue can be put to rest.

Originally posted by Precusor

I know for a fact that Pry didn't use any exploits.

Not that I believe he did, but how are you sure of that "fact"?

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    To put it into context, the record for 1-60 in Vanilla WoW was 5 days, and that was long after launch.
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

How about this:

Skyrim in under 50 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKg5zFKyre4

Originally posted by evilastro
    To put it into context, the record for 1-60 in Vanilla WoW was 5 days, and that was long after launch.

Not sure what that context really means, one game took longer to level in? What's the fastest in Lineage 2? would that mean much here either? Aside from the fact that some older games were more grindy? Some games were all about dinging a level, the content was designed in a manner to take as long as they could get away with. The masses decried that long long ago.

How about this context there are guides for leveling 1-90 in WOW in 2 days. I just read a post about some guy leveling 1-45 in 3 hours. Not sure how true it is, but it still shows this type of thing is normal even in games that have had years to flesh themselves out. That's the real context here.

• KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
    it took almost a year to the first player reach cap in Lineage 2. In Lineage 1 there is nobody in level cap in Korea, even players that started 15 years ago still are in lvl 80s when lvl cap is 99.
  • AzzrasAzzras Member UncommonPosts: 407

Everyone talks about how good BW is with story.  I thought they were meh at best.  I played most of the classes in SWTOR.  I've played KOTOR, DA-O, DA-2, MA-1,2,3 and I don't see it.  Insert generic storyline <here> was always my feelings towards their games.

On topic, everyone can play how they wish.  I'll play until it's not fun anymore, then move on.  Nothing new.  I play games for entertainment, it's not a job to me.  I have one of those.

• M0rbidM0rbid Member Posts: 60
    Originally posted by kwai

You only had 250 skill points once you spent them you were capped. Still think I'm delusional?

QFT...

You were skill capped at 250 in Pre CU as there were no "visible" character levels. Well there were but....blah I'm getting side tracked :)

Point being you were skill capped @ 250 in Pre CU and level capped at 80 in the CU, later increased to 90 in the NGE.

• PoliticaldadPoliticaldad Member UncommonPosts: 132

BFD .... so they ground mobs ... woohoo, yippie skippy.... horay for them .... throw a party...

However their comments to any press should read ....

"We skipped 99% of the content so that we could focus on Grinding Mobs for no other reason then to whine when we hit 50th"

After irritating the wife with 17 hrs of playing (will make it up to her later), I have to show for my efforts:

- lvl 7 crafter toon with 15 Prov/4 Cloth/5 Smith/6 Wood/4 Alch/3 Enc still on the starter Isle with 8 traits know and 3 more getting researched

-lvl 4 Sorc  at end of Wailing prison

-lvl 6 Nightblade that's 1/2 done with starter isle quests

And a WHOLE lot more appreciation and fun in the game then they do.

• The fact that people measure this in TIME rather than SKILL just shows how incredibly vapid this entire genre is .  Everyone assumes anyone can do anything its just a matter of how long it should take, i.e. retarded chimps on meth can play MMOs.