Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Must . . . not . . . fanboy . . . rrragh

RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

Okay I liked this game in beta, but I'm absolutely infatuated right now, I haven't had this feeling with an MMO since the first couple years of Vanilla WoW. The addiction is back and it feels so good.

Only reason I'm even posting is because I had to come to work, otherwise I'd be glued to my pc right now, I didn't move for the last two days. I'm 32 but feel like I'm 8 years old and it's christmas morning.

That being said I'm doing my best to not fall into fanboyism, but it's so hard.  Anyway, I'll see you (those of you who are playing) in game, cheers!

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    One does not simply have fun on MMORPG.com...incoming...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• PoisondwarfPoisondwarf Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Originally posted by Rusque

Okay I liked this game in beta, but I'm absolutely infatuated right now, I haven't had this feeling with an MMO since the first couple years of Vanilla WoW. The addiction is back and it feels so good.

Only reason I'm even posting is because I had to come to work, otherwise I'd be glued to my pc right now, I didn't move for the last two days. I'm 32 but feel like I'm 8 years old and it's christmas morning.

That being said I'm doing my best to not fall into fanboyism, but it's so hard.  Anyway, I'll see you (those of you who are playing) in game, cheers!

Amen

• AbardomasAbardomas Member Posts: 159

At first your post seems to be going toward you not being happy with the game. The day will be over before you know it and you'll be back in the zone! :)

• RocklynnRocklynn Member UncommonPosts: 104

I agree with OP 100%

Beta was OK but the full game is simply awesome! Soooooo addictive......*must go play*.....

www.rocklynn.se

• intiorizedintiorized Member UncommonPosts: 143
    Originally posted by Rusque

same here. Think it have been around 8 or nine years since i got this feelings. But i do have to learn for my exam next Thursday, pretty hard not to play so i´m posting on the forums from time to time :)

See you then

http://www.northlanders.rocks

1st German Crowfall Guild

• QuagliaQuaglia Member Posts: 60

I feel the same. It was years I did not enjoy a MMORPG so much. 

Actually ESO was the last one I decided to try before just giving up on the whole genre. I was sure I was just tired of this kind of games, after so many I've palyed (I'm an old gamer.. sigh...).

I'm having so much fun. I like to explore, run around, chat and quest and PVP and craft :-D It's so relaxing to log in and play.

The game is not perfect, there are bugs. And there are so many features they could improve and more they should introduce. But the game IS fun to play.

Yesterday I was speaking with my hubby he told me it was so weird and so good to just get lost in the wild and find quest and players to join to complete them. I agree 100%.

• DEATHRAMENTDEATHRAMENT Member UncommonPosts: 701
    I feel the same way, i'm having more fun then ive had in a mmorpg since years.  I do wish there was a proper group finder though.
  • BladorthinBladorthin Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Tons of fun. Some annoying bugs, but nothing game breaking. Playing with three friends, and each of us feel the same.
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Originally posted by Rocklynn

Beta was OK but the full game is simply awesome! 

What's different in the full game that wasn't in the beta?

..Cake..

• CeldrynCeldryn Member Posts: 84

I'll hop on this ESO fap thread haha. I'm sold +1 at this point. Job well done by Zeni so far. They will iron things out even more and it will get that much better.

Originally posted by sgel

The way people approach the game would be my guess, it's not a cram session to see as much as you can before your 3 days run out.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by Distopia

The way people approach the game would be my guess, it's not a cram session to see as much as you can before your 3 days run out.

So then the game would not be different at all.

• Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    Different strokes for different folks - one man's trash is another man's treasure. All I can say as someone who understands what your frustration was, I'm happy for you. That doesn't mean I condone misleading people but those that are happy genuinely I'm happy for them.
    Originally posted by BeansnBread

Huh?

• st3v3b0st3v3b0 Member UncommonPosts: 155
    I wish I could get the original vanilla WoW feeling back.  ESO did not get me even 1/100th of the way there during the 3 beta weekends I tried it.
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    I know I'm pretty hooked on it...
  • PyatraPyatra Member Posts: 644

You're thread title made me think of this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hARDXYz2io

YOU HAVE NO ONE TO BLAME BUT YOURSELF FOR THIS!

Huh?

I can't believe I have to spell this out. He asked, "What's different in the full game that wasn't in the beta?" Your answer did not say anything about the game being different in any way. Hence, the game is not different at all.

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610

No.

However most people I know when participating in beta's play it like a limited trial, to see if they like the game. They'll skim over the surface of all aspects instead of taking it in.

All I did in beta was check out the PvP, nothing else. So I'll approach the game differently on release.

Originally posted by immodium

No.

However most people I know when participating in beta's play it like a limited trial, to see if they like the game. They'll skim over the surface of all aspects instead of taking it in.

All I did in beta was check out the PvP, nothing else. So I'll approach the game differently on release.

Yeah, totally. People can experience the game more slowly and just take it all in without feeling like they have to be overly focused to soak in whatever information they were looking for. It's also really relieving to get to keep your progress. 

• BasicgearBasicgear Member UncommonPosts: 43

I can't believe I have to spell this out. He asked, "What's different in the full game that wasn't in the beta?" Your answer did not say anything about the game being different in any way. Hence, the game is not different at all.

The way people play and interacte with one another is different, and that is part of an mmo. So yea, different game.

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    Zenimax has done a great job for their first MMo.

Huh?

I wasn't sure if you were trying to make a dig at ESO in terms of it only has three days worth of content or not. I wouldn't be surprised if you were considering where I am.

However the way people approach a game can have a huge impact on how the game feels.

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    I haven't felt the desire to play all the time since runescape came out..
  • aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Huh?

I wasn't sure if you were trying to make a dig at ESO in terms of it only has three days worth of content or not. I wouldn't be surprised if you were considering where I am.

However the way people approach a game can have a huge impact on how the game feels.

This is something I've been trying to tell people for a while now (and not just in regards to ESO).

Mindset matters. How you approach a game matters. Preconceptions & assumptions make a huge difference in how you perceive a game.

ESO still has it's fair share of bugs it needs to fix, which is indeed frustrating. However, it also has some very good content, and some of the best group-based PvP I've played in a long time.

Aside from the obvious differences between beta & launch (there's a LOT more content available now), people are also actually starting to pay attention to the game. Instead of just rushing through everything (though that is also happening as well). I always found it baffling when I saw people bashing this game for stuff like 'voice acting', when they have some award winning actors doing the characters for this game.

There are some somewhat generic quests, but there are also some really good ones. Ones where choices matter. There's also a lot of customization, and the crafting is complex enough to be engaging. There's a lot there for those that pay attention. It's all in how people approach the game.