Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1day =max lvl?

Comments

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Baikal
    Originally posted by baphamet
    yep, they are level 50 with a gimped character. congrats?

Yes and no. Because of the way the bolster mechanic works in RvR, a 1-49 will be bolstered to about the same level, a 50 on the other hand has full stats. From a PvP point of view, that's a pretty powerful advantage. Sure the character may not have a full allotment of skill points, but I suspect that can be pretty quickly remedied. Remember it's the people who want to be Emperor that are making the rush because 50 IS a pretty significant advantage when most people are not.

you are missing the point. what happens when the rest of us get to 50 and actually have all the skill points?

how are they going to do VR content gimped like that?

at some point they will have to go back and get the skyshards, or just re-roll a new character that they can level up correctly.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by adam_nox
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

They probably abused some bugs they found in beta...  Is that a ban able offence?

less then 24 hours seems virtually impossible to reach 50...

Yes lets ban the poor guy because he proved fans wrong who were screaming on top of lungs that it is impossible in ESO.

jeeez!!

using exploits has nothing to do with proving/disproving anything.

Got a proof? because the first guy who hit 50 did it with help of guild by grinding mobs. i suggest get a proof or stop with pathetic attempts of slander.

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858

They probably abused some bugs they found in beta...  Is that a ban able offence?

Yes lets ban the poor guy because he proved fans wrong who were screaming on top of lungs that it is impossible in ESO.

jeeez!!

Got a proof? because the first guy who hit 50 did it with help of guild by grinding mobs. i suggest get a proof or stop with pathetic attempts of slander.

Forget the fact that he streamed the whole thing, he MUST have exploited!! lol

• M0rbidM0rbid Member Posts: 60
    Originally posted by doodphace

jeeez!!

Forget the fact that he streamed the whole thing, he MUST have exploited!! lol

This ^^

Wow, so level 50 eh?

I don't think even, how does it go again, TOTtanic had players reaching max level THAT quick :)

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

Yes and no. Because of the way the bolster mechanic works in RvR, a 1-49 will be bolstered to about the same level, a 50 on the other hand has full stats. From a PvP point of view, that's a pretty powerful advantage. Sure the character may not have a full allotment of skill points, but I suspect that can be pretty quickly remedied. Remember it's the people who want to be Emperor that are making the rush because 50 IS a pretty significant advantage when most people are not.

you are missing the point. what happens when the rest of us get to 50 and actually have all the skill points?

at some point they will have to go back and get the skyshards, or just re-roll a new character that they can level up correctly.

By the time "the rest" get to 50 I would expect power levellers to be 50++ with all skills and the best gear (dropped or crafted). Serious PvP players  will have every edge they can.

• cyriciancyrician Member UncommonPosts: 189

Laughs

look they can ruin the game by rushing it!!!!

personally I am taking my time man I love the side quests. 

Current games;
    Star treck online
    Rift
    Eve online
    Firefall

• jesadjesad Member UncommonPosts: 882

It's cool that he pulled it off but not practical at all based on the way the game is played.  I'll bet he puts that guy away and never plays it again its so weak.

And no way would I go and try to grind all the skill points that he had to have skipped to get their that fast, in reverse.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer
    Originally posted by Distopia

Oh now where have I seen this scenario play out before? This has been the bane of every new major MMORPG launch for the past how many years? It happend in the early access to GW2, someone hit 80 that weekend, I remember being low level seeing players in FF14 running around in their Magitech mounts. So why did anyone think it wouldn't happen here?

Who was it, in this thread, who said it shouldn't be possible in an MMORPG? He's right, but here we are. 

Why shouldn't it be "possible"? It hurts no one but the player in the end... They should allow it they just shouldn't support it, there's a difference. By support I mean have a development focus around it.

What do you mean by that? Of course it hurts everyone, that this is possible.  All these games that have had this possibility have suffered from large player drop offs in the 1st few months. 

Its indidiative to the genre since this means there is nothing radical different about ESO compared to any other MMORPG released in the last 10 years. Hate to say it, but I told you all this would happen. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

Or they properly planned their build and didn't waste any points at all while leveling. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944
    a good reason why MMOs dont need levels anymore ...

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096

Well, I have played around 16 hours, over the 2 days, and I have only made it to level 7 lol. Although i have switched characters 5+ times ect. With the beta, I am sure people have already seen it all, so they just wanted to get lvl 50. Me personally if I was in all the betas, and seen all the quests ect.. I would of just quit, because they gave me the game for free lol. I really never am one for end game content, people take it to serious for my tastes. 

As soon as i get into a raid group, or pvp group, and the person leading acts like its important, i cant help but laugh at them and leave. Each to their own though. As for me winter is almost over here, not much time for mmorpg any ways..

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by xpiher

Or they properly planned their build and didn't waste any points at all while leveling. 

I agree with you on they didnt waste the points. From the skill planner I see, you really dont need any where near max skill points to have a pvp build. I mean you can only use 6 abilitys at once, and another if you switch weapons. It def doesnt take 100s of skill points to do that.

• AzzrasAzzras Member UncommonPosts: 407
    Originally posted by makasouleater69

I agree with you on they didnt waste the points. From the skill planner I see, you really dont need any where near max skill points to have a pvp build. I mean you can only use 6 abilitys at once, and another if you switch weapons. It def doesnt take 100s of skill points to do that.

While you wouldn't need all the skill points, there are passives you will need to supply points to.

P.S.  if you don't count the weapon swap you're doing it wrong.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by Azzras

While you wouldn't need all the skill points, there are passives you will need to supply points to.

P.S.  if you don't count the weapon swap you're doing it wrong.

Yep. Dont think theyre account for the racial passives, armor class passsives, and class based passives. amongst other thing s theyw ill want as well. Basically.... congrats on getting "max level" now enjoy going back through low level content to finish actually maxing out your character so it doesnt get shit on constantly in Cyrodiil

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by xpiher Originally posted by baphamet   Originally posted by Baikal Originally posted by baphamet yep, they are level 50 with a gimped character. congrats?
      you are missing the point. what happens when the rest of us get to 50 and actually have all the skill points? how are they going to do VR content gimped like that? at some point they will have to go back and get the skyshards, or just re-roll a new character that they can level up correctly.

one word for both of you.....passives. try making a build with only 49 points. you will be missing out on a lot.

you may still be able to kill but you will be gimped, absolutely no question about it.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

These people are not "content locusts", since they haven't consumed the content - they've bypassed the content in order to achieve level cap.

If that's how they want to play, let them and ignore them.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Rusque

These people are not "content locusts", since they haven't consumed the content - they've bypassed the content in order to achieve level cap.

The problem with this is that once it's done, it will become the norm.

I saw this with FF14. A few people started fate grinding to cap bypassing all the game's content. No one thought it was fun. Everyone complained that it was boring. But it's what everyone was doing. Since everyone else was doing it that way,  you'd better get going on that too....Or else you'll get left behind.

That's is the rush mentality that dominates the game. It's not that players want to level this way, it's that it's a brand new MMO and those who get to cap 1st have and advantage over those who don't (That's the perception of it anyway) and no one wants that. so everyone now follows suit and the rush is on.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

I saw this with FF14. A few people started fate grinding to cap bypassing all the game's content. No one thought it was fun. Everyone complained that it was boring. But it's what everyone was doing. Since everyone else was doing it that way,  you'd better get going on that too....Or else you'll get left behind.

That's is the rush mentality that dominates the game. It's not that players want to level this way, it's that it's a brand new MMO and those who get to cap 1st have and advantage over those who don't (That's the perception of it anyway) and no one wants that. so everyone now follows suit and the rush is on.

Well, whoever wants to do that is free to do so, and then they can come cry on the forums about how there's nothing to do. Rest of us will take our time and enjoy the masterful world that has been brought before us.

Also of note, this is one thing that ESO does a little differently than other MMO's in that the game is actually the game and "endgame" doesn't exist in the same way as other games. Meaning, even if you rush to cap, the only thing you've done is hit cap and now you can progress by . . . continuing to go through the zones that you just skipped, because that's the game.

It's not like the PvP is going to disappear either, campaigns will begin and end. You got to 50 really quickly? Grats. I'll just join a fresh campaign when I'm ready for pvp.

I think it's a great design that provides a low stress "play at the rate you want" atmosphere. In other games you feel the rush because the leveling content is just filler to the "good stuff" whereas ESO's leveling content IS the good stuff - which is as it should be for an elder scrolls game.

FF14 had this problem because the quests were abysmal and boring (go kill 10 plant looking things with your 1.5 second cooldown abilities). Of course no one wanted to go through that. ESO on the other hand is for people who enjoy the RPG part of MMORPG and want to hear the stories and explore every nook and cranny. If someone wants to skip all that, fine, I'm not sure where they're going though as they're just going to end up doing questing content from another faction.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

FX 14 was a different beast though, it's a raid "gear grinder" those types of players typically are the power grinders. THey don't care about content they care about loot and strategic boss battles. ESO has none of that really. Not yet anyway, aside from those wanting 50 for the PVP bonus, what exactly would motivate people to feel they need to grind toward what they'd be bypassing? Why would they want to bypass most of the experience?

It doesn't add up, it makes no logical sense in this type of game. It's more like TOR at the beginning there was a mad rush on PVP servers, yet not on the PVE or RP servers. After Ilium was removed, that PVP rush died off a bit. Most people knew the games redeeming quality was it's class stories (questing in general). Other than that there wasn't much to play for especially if you don't like raids. The only thing in ESO to grind toward is more of the same, with the 50+ alternate alliance zones.

You're not really giving any compelling reason why this would happen here. Especially when there's so many reasons why it wouldn't.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• uguranougurano Member Posts: 5
    later we hearing, crying like with a baby we have no content
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by ugurano

We'll be hearing that in a month from everyone anyway.

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430

There's a certain amount of hours of gameplay in a SP game like TESO, and even if you play very casually you'll finish it sooner or later.

Lets say there's 30 hours of gameplay (which is a lot in todays standards) and a casual gamer playes 1 hour a day. There's a full month of entertainment for him / her for only a box price. From now on, he / she has access to awesome PvP game (that's what i've heard) and (s)he can keep paying sub fee to play that awesome PvP.

However, there are also lots of people, who consider gaming as their hobby. They usually spend lots of more time playing games than the casuals, who only play 1 hour a day. For them, there's content only for, lets say, 1 week before they've finished the game. And they keep paying (supposedly) sub fee for the PvP.

Seriously, what's the point of having this SP game before you can get to the PvP end game, that begins in less than a month?

You could pretty much sell a game bundle of KOTOR + Call of Duty for 50€, but that's only if you complete KOTOR before you can play CoD.

Did i mention lots of the PvP folk don't like PvE and leveling game? And have you heard someone to say they love leveling but dislike PvP with passion?

I'm seriously losing faith on this genre..

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by BeansnBread

I predict a little longer than a month, as even with TOR the real exodus didn't happen that soon. There's a lot more unique content to experience here.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by BeansnBread

I predict a little longer than a month, as even with TOR the real exodus didn't happen that soon. There's a lot more unique content to experience here.

I'm not talking about an exodus. I'm talking about the complaining before the exodus. I personally left SWTOR after a month though. And there was actually a lot more unique content in SWTOR than there is here.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

FX 14 was a different beast though, it's a raid "gear grinder" those types of players typically are the power grinders. THey don't care about content they care about loot and strategic boss battles. ESO has none of that really. Not yet anyway, aside from those wanting 50 for the PVP bonus, what exactly would motivate people to feel they need to grind toward what they'd be bypassing? Why would they want to bypass most of the experience?

It doesn't add up, it makes no logical sense in this type of game. It's more like TOR at the beginning there was a mad rush on PVP servers, yet not on the PVE or RP servers. After Ilium was removed, that PVP rush died off a bit. Most people knew the games redeeming quality was it's class stories (questing in general). Other than that there wasn't much to play for especially if you don't like raids. The only thing in ESO to grind toward is more of the same, with the 50+ alternate alliance zones.

You're not really giving any compelling reason why this would happen here. Especially when there's so many reasons why it wouldn't.

A valid reason? It's never been about a valid reason? We are talking about the masses here.

Remember the line in MIB when Tommy Lee Jones said "A person is smart. People are stupid"? You as a person want a good reason to bypass the content. But the masses will do it anyway.  I get that TESO is different in the areas you said, but will it change the typical outcomes? We'll see. I say it will probably happen for no other reason than that......Again, it's all about perception. The majority of those Fate grinders weren't racing to get into the endgame raids....Well, if you asked them that's what they'd say sure, but how many of them actually raid? And most of them knew it too. They did it because everyone else was doing it.