Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you think ESO is "The one MMO You Will Need"? If so, say so.

2»

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by Gilllean
    One of best mmo released last 7 years

I would agree.

I've been having a blast that last 2 hours.

Tried to find a way around this one area and eventually got eaten by slaughter fish.

Then while "still" trying to find my way, found a sort of daedric ruin with all these bookshelves taht raised many of my skills. I then ran into some crazy people who claimed that the beach was theirs and that I shouldn't listen to the other two who also claimed it was theirs.

THEN, as I was rounding the western coast (all this happened at night, love how long the nights last) a mini portal opened. I found myself fighting skeleton warriors. Then this boss dropped out, flesh atronach or some such thing. I was fightin for my life when I saw an archer player coming to help me. I then realized it wasn't a player but was another skeleton warrior. It took a while but I eventually won.

Now I find myself in some small town taken over by these maormer pirate people.

Best mmo money I've spent in a long while. image

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Any other views?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    GW2 has been the mmo i need since it launched and it still is, but it needs more content (not features, real content like more continents and classes, etc). Meanwhile ill play ESO until Draenor launches and GW2 get more content.

• gelraengelraen Member UncommonPosts: 316

/removed

• WolfsheadWolfshead Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Honest after play so many mmo i have to say the ESO will be the game that i will play for year to come but it is depend on if Zenimax will keep a subscribe fee even if subscribe number go down and honest guys if you dont like ESO for it is theme park maybe it is time for you stop play mmo for not many mmo out there is not a theme park mmo anymore.
  • JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

ESO is definitely the one.

Just like Age of Conan, Rift, Warhammer Online, The Secret World, Aion.... etc.   You get the point.  TESO will be the talk of the gaming industry for roughly 2 months, and then the next "the one" will come out.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Well I didn't buy it, so the answer is obviously no.  I don't NEED any one MMO, but I do need a certain kind of MMO if I'm to retain my sanity. lol.  Right now, GW2 is fitting the bill nicely and when Summer's over and/or I've run out of achievements/collections to obtain, I'll probably give ESO a proper shot.  Still not a fan of subs though, but as with most games that come out sub post-WoW, I probably won't have to worry about it for too long.

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290
    Originally posted by nttajira
    Originally posted by Jimmydean

ESO is definitely the one.

Just like Age of Conan, Rift, Warhammer Online, The Secret World, Aion.... etc.   You get the point.  TESO will be the talk of the gaming industry for roughly 2 months, and then the next "the one" will come out.

care to say why ? all the game you listed are the same old same old,

eso got a real reaction, dodge , parry, battle system and so far, unlike im wrong, that the first one in a very very long time.

i have play for exemple the ''wildstart and was like WHAT THE FUCK ??? HOW CAN PEOPLE PLAY THAT ?

that was realy wow 2.0 same same stuft... yet some people told me they prefer this game over eso...

eso full of features, work, world so big, quest are nice and fun and most of all, the battle system the best one im playing since many many year... so why say that just like all the tab target crap you listed above ???

I'm going to go ahead and assume English is your second language. Might lose some things in translation when trying to read between the lines.

You feel personally that TESO is something new, something never done before, something innovative. While I feel it is an absolute joke to the MMORPG genre and should never have been released in it's current state.

Different strokes for different folks, which brings me back to my original point which was that there will never be a "one mmo" to rule them all. Many people say, some even truly think, that every new MMORPG is going to be the one they stick with for years. It never happens.

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944

themepark with monthly sub ?

no thanks, enough themeparks, my last 2 MMOS were Aion and then GW2, i am not going again for any other themepark, except my company wants and i would join for fun. ESO was not any fun, even its WvW(were instead of Worlds you set Campaigns) its not fun its slow for pvp and there is missing the strategy, its like GW2's "mindless zergs" but slower ! lol

• aprilgogoaprilgogo Member Posts: 5
    I am not going to buy ESO at this time.  Maybe later.   I have just purchased a older game that I am excited about at the moment.
  • MorgaurMorgaur Member UncommonPosts: 196

After searching endlessly through WoW, Aion, Tera, SWTOR, AoC, EQ2, TSW and a bunch of others....

I AM FINALLY HOME

• squalleonahasqualleonaha Member Posts: 211
    Titanfall is still me home. darn
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Nope. One of the worst MMOs I ve played in years. The combat, and animations alone made me want to puke. Then I played the AvA. As a still active sub DAOC player, I found it a terrible wannabe version. I ll say they tried, but damn it got boring fast.
  • DeathFromAboveDeathFromAbove Member UncommonPosts: 112
    l'm having a lot of fun play ESO, and l can see myself playing it for a long time too. No game out right now or coming out has really gotten my attention right now.
  • CeldrynCeldryn Member Posts: 84
    I can safely say that this is the MMO I've been waiting on.  I don't NEED an MMO but this one gives me the same feeling that DAOC and WOW gave me when I both started playing them. I played  both for over 6 years.  I'm hoping for the same with TESO :)
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910

Not so much sorry

• WingeyeWingeye Member Posts: 58

no, its too simple

for a simple game, a simple answer

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

I played enough TESO to know it's an MMO I certainly don't need.

..Cake..

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Too early to tell for me sofar I'm enjoying it the quests are alot better than most games and lots of places to explore. Every new MMO I start I really enjoy it till I hit max level and run into the same damn problem where the only thing to left to do is gear grind or PvP.
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

Yes, I think I've finally found a new home.

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by DrunkWolf
    Originally posted by Yodi2007
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

Many of us been searching for that one new MMO that will be our new main MMO for ages to come.

I dont want to seem like I am trying to glorify Elder Scrolls Online.

But who here thinks Elder Scrolls Online may finally be that one true MMO that can be your top MMO for the ages to come?

I think I'm either burnt out or highly dissappointed in every MMO since FFXI/WoW vanilla!

Or your like me and just tired of playing the same game over and over with a new skin.   some people say that is being burnt out, i call it lack of options and creativity in the market.

Try changing genres. The same thing happened with me and FPS games. I'm really into TBS games right now, when I get bored of that I'll get back into something else.

However ESO will be my main MMO for a while. Only other MMOs excited about are Camelot Unchained and The Repopulation.