Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why are you still waiting?

Comments

• jesadjesad Member UncommonPosts: 882
    Originally posted by Kaputzy
    Originally posted by jesad

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! That was AWESOME!!  You guys crack me up!!!  No, seriously, I'm crying over here!  Plus I spit my coffee all over the screen! 

Of COURSE you're answer to why you are still waiting would be that you could play it for free in a few months!  I don't know why I didn't think of that.  I'm soooooo stupid LOL.

You guys rule.  I'm not kidding.  You slay me.   Whew!.......I gotta get a hold of myself after that.  Snot running all over the place from laughing so hard and whatnot.

So yeah......

The question is, why aren't you playing the game instead of posting on this board?

Can't be that good hey?

I'll pass like the rest, but thanks for the info.

Job FTW!  And the Quarterback is TOAST!!!

(But wait, is he showboating after the sack?)

Consolation prize, I am at work, tired as hell on the second night in a row because I have spent most of my time when I was not working, playing, and I am still happy enough about my experience to want to post about it.

(Yes he is ladies and gentlemen! Does this guy have no mercy!?!)

So it's at least that good.

(We're sorry.  We will return to our regularly scheduled programming soon)  (Screen blank), solid tone)

• jesadjesad Member UncommonPosts: 882
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Odd to read so many "I'm never going to play" posts in a thread asking "why wait until the 4th when you can play right now?" IF your mind is made up you are in fact not waiting, you don't wait to not do something.

IKR?

Mods can close the thread now if they want. The point is moot now anyway.  I just wanted to get a few digs in beforehand though :P

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

Did you know that the digital download of the regular pre-order version came with 5 day access?

Don't believe me?  Go Look.

Buy your game directly from Zenimax and play right freaking now.  No codes to wait for, update is instant.  If you are patched you  can pop right over and log right in.

I'm waiting they enable mouse for movement in game instead of forcing that outdated WASD.

• M0rbidM0rbid Member Posts: 60
    Originally posted by arieste
    Originally posted by centkin

Because:

1) I saved 12 dollars plus the tax on 60 dollars by buying it from GMG instead of zenimax for the cost of just 2 days.

+1. 

Same reason.

As far as the "it'll eventually be free", well, that's true for most things in the world.  If you want long enough, you can get just about anything free.   But with MMOs, i find they're much more fun early when you're among the explorers, all learning about the game, etc.   That experience justifies paying $60.   Unlike something like  Dark Souls 2 - i'm gonna eventually play it, but they'll be the same game in a year when it costs $20.  With an MMO, if you miss the launch, it's never quite the same.   

Thats not a great example being as Dark Souls is a PvE RPG with PvP endgame....

Example. I bought Dark Souls about 6 months ago on Steam, AMAZING game...easily in my top 5 games of all time but due to my purchasing it 2 years after it released....the PvP action on PC is quite slow these days....

Whereas with F2P conversion for ESO, you won't see the negative impact I saw in DS if you pick up ESO in a year or two when it is F2P with a much higher cash shop revenue providing increased content cycles and more to do in game...

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600
    I am waiting for eternity, played the beta and the game is horrid and I wouldn't even play it for free. Of course it is just my opinion that I would rather endure an insurance seminar than play this fecal spattering of a game, but you all enjoy.

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Did you know that the digital download of the regular pre-order version came with 5 day access?

Buy your game directly from Zenimax and play right freaking now.  No codes to wait for, update is instant.  If you are patched you  can pop right over and log right in.

no thanks.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Dauntis
    I am waiting for eternity, played the beta and the game is horrid and I wouldn't even play it for free. Of course it is just my opinion that I would rather endure an insurance seminar than play this fecal spattering of a game, but you all enjoy.

Lets apply this to the real world.

Person A says: Hey, what are you doing?

Person B says: waiting..

Person A says: Waiting for what?

Person B  says: TESO

PErson A: Oh do you plan to play?

Person B: No, I'd never play it.

Person A: Oh well aren't you there already then, you don't seem to be playing?

Person b: No, still waiting...

Person A: Alrighty then...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

I intend to play and sub just waiting for awhile for the box price to drop.

Chamber of Chains
  • darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804

Well I caved in brought the Digital Explorers pack 3 day thingie for about 28 quid and 1 quid of that went  to Paypal,that is a typical KS pledge range on most of my Kickstarters.

So pretty pleased to say the least and it's a gamble I'm willing to take firstly that I won't have done a GW2 and regret it and mainly Zenimax can keep me entertained with new content for some time to come.

Just wished the launch was when I was actually off work,not now as I'm working in 2 hours. image

Brought the key from the link below with 45% off, got it instantly as well just patched my Beta registered key and that was it.

https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/

p>
  • EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

f2p in the next 3 months, I seriously doubt that and would put money down on them players that think it will go that direction in 3 months, however a year from now, its definitely possible, it depends if the game is truly a success especially with its ps4 and xbox one platforms coming out sometime mid year.

Time will tell, but 3 months?! who are you kidding, then again, maybe its bad sarcasm and poor pockets.

Hmm instant gaming site has it at 32 euro.

Chamber of Chains
  • loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944

i hope they pay you well

Originally posted by cheyane

Hmm instant gaming site has it at 32 euro.

Sorry I'm never really precise bit of a lazy arse that way.

But in the UK it's 26.52 British Pound Sterling in relation to the Euro.

So a quid on top with Paypal rounded it to near 28 pounds,so 26 quid with no Paypal even better. image

p>

But that is cheaper than Green Man Gaming is offering at like 55 Euro. This is tempting but can I trust my cc on this site kind of wary and all. I want to buy this game have a pal waiting to play and all and was just not happy with the price of the game. Plus bought a buttload of PS3 games lately my husband is going to go nuclear.

Chamber of Chains
  • UnleadedRevUnleadedRev Member UncommonPosts: 568
    Found out last Sunday morning I could play much to my surprise.
  • xion12121xion12121 Member UncommonPosts: 199
    Originally posted by Sajman01
    Because I can wait 3 months then play it for free.

From what I have seen playing so far for the last 5 days of ESO good luck with that lol! 

I would give you a guest pass to SWOTR, but then I wouldn't be able to find a way to live with myself afterwards....

Originally posted by cheyane

But that is cheaper than Green Man Gaming is offering at like 55 Euro. This is tempting but can I trust my cc on this site kind of wary and all. I want to buy this game have a pal waiting to play and all and was just not happy with the price of the game. Plus bought a buttload of PS3 games lately my husband is going to go nuclear.

Can't see a problem really I checked out the comments section first as I was wary of buying the key but the comments were very positive and when it said instant as in pops up on screen with serial no it was a no brainer,and by using Paypal sure you have some protection anyway,so no regrets here.

p>
  • OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874
    Originally posted by xion12121
    Originally posted by Sajman01
    Because I can wait 3 months then play it for free.

From what I have seen playing so far for the last 5 days of ESO good luck with that lol! 

The last 5 days? From the game that just started it's 3rd day? lol Someone needs a calender. 

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Give people a world to explore and that's what they will do, number one reason this ticks the box in my eyes.
  • v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 311
    As lots of people have stated before,the game is  just sub-par cash grab, nty

Witty & Wicked >:)

• PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423
    Originally posted by Vobrias
    As lots of people have stated before,the game is  just sub-par cash grab, nty

Pretty much this, the game is riding the TESO name, it's not great nor is it bad. I was hoping for more, so to answer your question OP, there is nothing to wait for.

• GrummusGrummus Member UncommonPosts: 151

I'm not paying $60 for another terd that'll go F2P in a six months.

If I REALLY wnated a TES fix I'd go play Skyrim again.

• movindudemovindude Member UncommonPosts: 127
    I think all of you that don't want to play this game shouldn't. It's getting way to crowded and still have 2 days till the main release so please stay with WOW or whatever you are playing. thx again for not crowding MY game   :  )
  • WolfsheadWolfshead Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Originally posted by tet666
    ^ this i dont see the point in paying now and sub when i can play the game for free a few months down the road.

Serious how do know that i ssssooo love doomsayer like you if dont like game it is fine but sit here predict thing that you dont know anything about just show how narrow mind you are. You dont know who well or bad ESO will be in few month so stop think you know thing when you dont

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268
    Well. I am still waiting because of the poor amateur support from zenimax. I have redeemed my headstart key to my account, but when I try to log into the game it says my login or password is wrong.