Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trade Guild Stores! Outrageous Fees!

KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103

So the guild store, listing price is 15% and the house fee is 10%, that's a total of 25%.   I think that helps kill trade.  Out of almost 500 people only 841 items on auction....   Not many people want to sell stuff in Guildstore when they have to pay these prices!

Is there even a way to reduce either of those fees listed?   If not, why are they so high, I don't think they should be that high, what do you guys think?

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

ZoS is trying those waters. When they see it doesnt work as well they will tweak it. WIth those prices i'll hapilly stick to my personal bank and npc vendors.

EDIT: 5% should be enough because not everyone plays games to grind money to waste on guild stores taxes or whatever.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

I thought right away guild stores are a horrible idea, for many reasons. I think fee should be zero; since ZOS topedoed a decend AH, good guilds should contribute it as community service.

I really hope we get a normal AH and get away with this travesty.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• AroukosAroukos Member Posts: 571
    Originally posted by Elikal

I thought right away guild stores are a horrible idea, for many reasons. I think fee should be zero; since ZOS topedoed a decend AH, good guilds should contribute it as community service.

I really hope we get a normal AH and get away with this travesty.

There will be no AH as they have stated a long ago.

• CurragraigueCurragraigue Member UncommonPosts: 84
    Originally posted by Knotwood

So the guild store, listing price is 15% and the house fee is 10%, that's a total of 25%.   I think that helps kill trade.  Out of almost 500 people only 841 items on auction....   Not many people want to sell stuff in Guildstore when they have to pay these prices!

Is there even a way to reduce either of those fees listed?   If not, why are they so high, I don't think they should be that high, what do you guys think?

You can private mail and direct swap with people to trade to avoid having to use a guild store. I do not have a problem with a 10% tax on transactions in a guild if it means that the money goes to the guild. 

However I thought I heard that currently no money goes to the guild from this transaction, in which case 25% is too high if the money just disappears from the economy.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

They did say that the fees were a money sink to remove money from the 'world'. I am not interested in the guild stores but  I hope they add a 'Trade' channel.

It might (to them) undermine the guild store concept so I'm not sure how it would be received though.

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

I love the idea of guild stores.

Interface may be a bit rough around the edges atm but I'm sure they will make it more user friendly over time.

As to the taxes 15% would seem about right for the NPC tax to suck some money out of system and help lessen the inflation.

It also makes sense that you pay some money for the convinience of selling stuff automaticaly once you set it up in store. pretty much all games do this don't see the problem.

However if the guild leaders have the option to set their own tax that is another story and that will actually dictate the use of the store. I'm not too worried tho, if this is the case there will 100% be trading guilds with 0% player tax.

At 25% (15+10 as suggested) the cut is high enaugh that anything not even necessarily very expensive becomes worthy enaugh to spend time selling manually. At 25% I would only use guild store to sell crap that I would have otherwise sell to npc instead.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by Knotwood

Give it some time, the game has been out for a few days for pre-launch players, way too early to make conclusions.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103
    Now that we have server maintence what do you guys think about the fees?