Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Compare WS and ESO for me?

Comments

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by DEAD.line
    Originally posted by Mikeyfree

You dont read hun.. its about preference.. if you likr kiddie games.. nothing wrong with that.. diablo 3.. is for 16+ imo.. bit scary for kids.. You got cartoon like pokemon.. and cartoon like death note.. Wildstar looks like bugs bunny could pop out any moment.. if you like that nothing wrong with it ^^ but nonidea what yiu are trying to proof all the time.. trying to justify that yiu are playing this game? Or gonna play it.. idm.. play what you like.. but fact is its a 6+ game.. without all the ground target and comedy.. maybr I woild play it also

Nothing more mature than a game where you play as humanoid cat that shoots fireballs from a staff against skeletons that are more funny looking than scary, while being followed around by your little pet crab or monkey.

Oh, and Death Note? Hehe, i'm sorry, but DN is a shonen anime. It's made for teens (aka, sho-nen). I liked the series, really, but the target audience isn't much higher compared to Pokemon. 

Don't bother. Just look at his childish rants.  He pretty much sums up my experience with ESO chat. Such a mature game....

• Nomis278Nomis278 Member UncommonPosts: 126
    The fact that you posted this in the Wildstar forums means that Wildstar will get a lot of support, same as if you'd posted this in the ESO section. They're quite different games, I'd say wait for a trial and make up your own mind - it is all down to personal taste.
  • SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by Cuppett5
    I'm thinking about purchasing WS because I'm not that impressed with ESO after playing Beta. Has anyone played both betas and give me a comparison between the two? Thank you. 

Personality.   Each game has a certain personality to it, but each is of preference too.  

For Wildstar, it's an over-the-top one of both comedy and sociopathy.  Why?  The game has the Elden experimenting on and creating all sorts of devilish creatures as well as finding ways to kill others too; the Dominion are in lines of being crazy in their experiments, hate for the Exiles, and all around mischief.      

For TESO, it's a sort of monotone "in the year bla, bla, bla, the Daedra are trying once again to break into Tamrial".   The game's NPC's have no real personality to them....no emotion (sure the voice acting is good, but put a voice to a mannequin and you just have a talking dummy, which most of the game's NPC's seem to be like).  Also, if you've seen one quest hub in the game's space, you've basically seen them all.  

Countering that last statement, Wildstar has some really unique hubs such as the Lopp wedding location, the weird purplish slug race (forgot the name),  and so on.   There's even a farm location where you have to stop aliens from abducting sheep (Rowsdowers) and kill alien assassins.   It's just, so much differently unique things going on in the game that make you go "oooo, ahhhh", instead of "meh" as TESO does.

But, to each their own.

• MamasGunMamasGun Member Posts: 152

Just a heads up: I was never into WoW or Elder Scrolls.

I prefer Wildstar.  There is just so much to do in it, and so many ways to customize your character... it's literally taken everything I've loved from other MMo's that I've played, shoved them in a blender with Pixar graphics and Caffine, and spun it till the chunks were gone.

I'd love this game even if it was just an ARPG, and not an MMO.  I've been using Xpadder and my 360 controller, and the Explorer missions have felt SO right to me... It's been good fun.  Everyone will have a differing opinion, though, and you honestly can't compare ESO to WS... it's really not fair to either franchise. 

Just watch some videos of Wildstar in action (Combat, PvP, Housing) and compare it to your experience in ESO.  Also, I'm sure there is a Beta Weekend coming up- maybe you can try to get a key for the weekend to give it a shot!  I hope you find what you're lookin' for~ hope to see you on Nexus!

Freebie: "For TESO, it's a sort of monotone "in the year bla, bla, bla, the Daedra are trying once again to break into Tamrial".- yes, this is how I feel about ESO.  It's like the Prince of England's wedding, "Betwixt and between and bore bore bore".

Loves: SMITE, WildStar, Project Zomboid, PSO2, DCUO,

Worst Online Communities: WoW/WoD(the OG MMO Trolls), DayZ/WarZ, SMITE/LoL/DOTA, EVE Online, APB
    "I’m ready for
    All the comparisons
    I think it’s dumb and it’s embarrassing
    I’m switching off
    No longer listening
    I’ve had enough of persecution and conditioning
    Maybe it’s instinct- We’re only animal"
    - Lily Allen, Sheezus

• EnglefieldEnglefield Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Originally posted by evilastro
    Wildstar is for 6-16y Eso is for 18+ But dont look at that, try both and play with you like!

My experience in both games points to the contrary. ESO is full of immature kids.

Here's a thought: It seems that kids are the only ones who think cartoon graphics are for kids. To the adults it's not really an issue.

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

Played both in beta. Both are themepark mmos that have quests on the landscape if you explore. Both rely on quest grinding and both are fairly slow to level if you quest solo. Both have decent graphics for the style.

In ESO, the initial story was okay but it felt kind of leaden and serious. I found it pretty true to the ES style but quite bland and therefore not very entertaining. In contrast, WS is funny and kind of hip, though it tries too hard at times. But it is lively and entertaining.

The biggest comparison I can make is in the combat. WS combat is fluid, animated and you feel OP at level 1. By the time you are level 12 and the difficulty has ramped up enough to stomp you a time or two, you may not feel as OP anymore but the combat animations are still fun. Add housing and other fluff items and WS got my money.

• KwanseiKwansei Member UncommonPosts: 334
    Originally posted by Englefield
    Wildstar is for 6-16y Eso is for 18+ But dont look at that, try both and play with you like!

My experience in both games points to the contrary. ESO is full of immature kids.

Here's a thought: It seems that kids are the only ones who think cartoon graphics are for kids. To the adults it's not really an issue.

Ha! I completely agree.

• nennafirnennafir Member UncommonPosts: 313
    Originally posted by Aroukos

Wildstar is for 6-16? Why, because of its graphics? I m 36 having 2 kids and i prefer WS than TESO by a mile. This means i m a non mature person? I like WS graphics as well as TESO ones, but the game that fits in my tastes is WS. Not for its graphics but for many other reasons.

I like much more in Ws the combat style, the new CC system, the UI, the dungeons & raids, the world without loading screens and phasing, the humor, the group quests, the housing and much more.

I don't say TESO is a bad game or every1 must agree with me, but that's my opinion.

Btw do you think if i also like watching cartoons on TV with my sons will make me a 6-16 years old?

Yeah, I am 40+ (don't ask!) and have 3 kids and prefer Wildstar by a mile.

The 40-man raid emphasis disappoints me because what married person with 3 kids who works can play 40-man raids?  Not many, I think....unless you are neglecting family and/or work in some manner...

Still, I will give it a chance.  At least combat is not boring in Wildstar, and you get to dance around and pretend you are doing something interesting....

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

I'm sure if you put the same thread on the ESO forum, change up what one you prefer and the answers will reflect accordingly.

• WolfsheadWolfshead Member UncommonPosts: 224
    I'm thinking about purchasing WS because I'm not that impressed with ESO after playing Beta. Has anyone played both betas and give me a comparison between the two? Thank you. 

Well WildStar have same cartoon gfx same as WoW have and it will attract the younger playbase and those who love that type of gfx style i personal dont like that gfx style and like more gfx style ESO have for me game gfx have do with a lot how i and i enjoy game and both game have there advantage and disadvantage when come to game and it game play.

What come down to OP is what type style of game you like no one else can say that you should play for at the end of day it is what you like nothing else.

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290
    Originally posted by Wolfshead

Well WildStar have same cartoon gfx same as WoW have and it will attract the younger playbase and those who love that type of gfx style i personal dont like that gfx style and like more gfx style ESO have for me game gfx have do with a lot how i and i enjoy game and both game have there advantage and disadvantage when come to game and it game play.

What come down to OP is what type style of game you like no one else can say that you should play for at the end of day it is what you like nothing else.

Obviously too adult for Wildstar.

Because grammar.

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550
    Originally posted by Jimmydean
    Originally posted by Wolfshead

Obviously too adult for Wildstar.

Because grammar.

You're making fun of a man from Sweden; where English is most likely not their first language.

• AnnekynnAnnekynn Member Posts: 1,437

Originally posted by evilastro Originally posted by Mikeyfree Wildstar is for 6-16y Eso is for 18+ But dont look at that, try both and play with you like!

Hah, that makes a lot of sense now that I think about it. Well put!

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550
    Originally posted by Annekynn

Originally posted by Mikeyfree Wildstar is for 6-16y Eso is for 18+ But dont look at that, try both and play with you like!

Hah, that makes a lot of sense now that I think about it. Well put!

Reason being is the adults of today have been brought up with "cartoony" 8-bit and 16-bit. Whilst the kids of today were brought up with "realistic graphics."

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    Wild star you wont have random people logging into your character, selling gold and getting you banned, while taking all your stuff. 
  • Moar61Moar61 Member UncommonPosts: 260

WS is an mmo for people who love typical mmo's.

ESO finds middle ground incorporating the lore and world of Elder Scrolls and its RPG elements, open skills lines, etc. while having its core functionality an mmo. 

Originally posted by Moar61

WS is an mmo for people who love typical mmo's.

ESO finds middle ground incorporating the lore and world of Elder Scrolls and its RPG elements, open skills lines, etc. while having its core functionality an mmo. 

Well ethier you didnt look at WS or you havent played ESO. Eso  is a typical mmorpg. There is 0 new about it. Its tab target system, where you dont use tab, but its the same system. you just point at it to target. The quest system is the same as all mmorpgs, its worse then SWTOR in that aspect, where it tried to take it from.

The skill system is far from open as you call it, but it isnt anything new. The secret world is more open, and does a better job at it then ESo. The crafting system is the same as all mmorpgs, minus like mortal online, and a couple more. It is gather from nods that spawn in the same spot, click a recipe and instant create. Which a side game of tempering. I am not saying I do not like the game, but it is far from anything new, or differnt. From what i have seen of WS, there is alot new in it. 

and at the very least, people wont get access to your character, and get you banned. Or take your stuff. 

heres a quote for you.

CUTTING-EDGE DYNAMIC COMBAT

Mobile-freeform combat so intense it’ll melt your face!

Skill-based aiming + zillions of ability combos = A nonstop smorgasbord of carnage!

Elder scrolls is not skill based aiming, it is standard wow targeting. Minus instead of the tab or clicking the target, you point to your target with the cross hairs. There is no skill, you cant miss, it is a que system if the attack starts, and the guy had you targeted, even if you jump 1000 feet away, its still going to hit you. Just the same with block you dont block when the attack connects with you, you block before the attack starts or you wont block it. because to the the game engine the attack already happened. 

• AroukosAroukos Member Posts: 571

I cant stand TESO mostly for its crappy Combat & Combat Animations and the lack of Group PvE Content. Others may like them, i don't. I don't say its a bad game, i say i don't like it.

Now as it concerns Wildstar, i like it for many reasons.

Superb Combat & Combat Animations

Very nice Talent & Skill System.

Seamless world. No loading screens (just like WoW) and no phasing.

Full of quality Group PvE Content. Dungeons/Raids/Public Quests/Adventures/Shiphands/World Bosses etc

WoW like PvP (i m not much of a PvP player so i m fine with it). Open World PvP / Arenas / BG's / Warplots (40 vs 40)

Excellent Housing.

Very good Professions. Not the best in the genre, but deeper than most mmo's in the market.

Well made Dye System.

Very Nice UI (UI 2.0 is coming in April).

Much Humor and Fun.

Can pay subscription with in game currency (like EVE Plex).

I cant stand TESO mostly for its crappy Combat & Combat Animations and the lack of Group PvE Content. Others may like them, i don't. I don't say its a bad game, i say i don't like it.

Now as it concerns Wildstar, i like it for many reasons.

Superb Combat & Combat Animations

Very nice Talent & Skill System.

Seamless world. No loading screens (just like WoW) and no phasing.

Full of quality Group PvE Content. Dungeons/Raids/Public Quests/Adventures/Shiphands/World Bosses etc

WoW like PvP (i m not much of a PvP player so i m fine with it). Open World PvP / Arenas / BG's / Warplots (40 vs 40)

Excellent Housing.

Very good Professions. Not the best in the genre, but deeper than most mmo's in the market.

Well made Dye System.

Very Nice UI (UI 2.0 is coming in April).

Much Humor and Fun.

Can pay subscription with in game currency (like EVE Plex).

You forget WS wont let random people log into your character;)

• IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138
    Originally posted by Annekynn

Two VERY different games, essentially on the opposite end of the mmorpg spectrum which is why you shouldnt compare them. You could play both and get very different experiences

I wouldnt say opposite of mmo spectrums. Since eso is not a true sand box, and can still be considered a themepark mmo.

There are differences which are very big though, such as combat and crafting in ESO vs WS. Also WS will have instanced pvp and other instanced adventures while ESO is more about the open world experience and exploration... but not a sand box at the same time.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    They are both of the themepark fruit family, similarities stop there. Wildstar is a bushel of oranges, grapes, grapefruit, ..... All perfectly pluck ripe from their tree/vine. ESO on the other hand is an apple, it looks irresistible, but then you bite in, your teeth cut through the EA worms and there's never any solid substance because inside the apple is rotten and full of EA worms.
  • OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    The first video i linked above, after 5:20 shows the Dungeon Boss fight :)

I played the beta and while I know that opinions vary (Roadhouse(TM) ... but I really don't see what the big excitement is over the boss fights. I mean, yeah, they look pretty.. as I happen to like Wildstars art style to a degree, but it's the basic, don't stand on red shit fights. Nothing ground breaking. It is done pretty well, but people are loosing their shit over it. 

I personally am liking TESO much better. I love the combat, skills, etc. But then again, opinions vary (Roadhouse(TM)

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Originally posted by Righteous_Rock
    They are both of the themepark fruit family, similarities stop there. Wildstar is a bushel of oranges, grapes, grapefruit, ..... All perfectly pluck ripe from their tree/vine. ESO on the other hand is an apple, it looks irresistible, but then you bite in, your teeth cut through the EA worms and there's never any solid substance because inside the apple is rotten and full of EA worms.

Wow really? Little dramatic no? I forgot that you're not allowed to like a game made by EA...lol. I spose I'm the loser as it's the cool thing to do to shit on EA. 

To the OP< I would not listen to jaded fans. Just watch a ton of videos and try out the one that suits you best!

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,360
    Played both, and I prefered ESO. To me WS is just WoW in space. Cartoony as well. I did the animation mmo style for 5 years in WoW. I felt like it was time for some good graphics my computer can actually push out. Plus I personally had more fun in ESO, it's like a flashback to DAOC.... a lesser DAOC, but a DAOC none-the-less...