Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fess up

So what's everyone playing, race, class, alliance, and why?

I fancy The Aldmeri Dominion but they look like they might be the least favoured when it comes to pvp. Decisions, decisions...

Comments

• TraugarTraugar Member UncommonPosts: 183
    Imperial Dragonknight with 2 hander.  Daggerfall Covenant.  
  • bmw66bmw66 Member UncommonPosts: 141
    Naked Nightblade AD.  No armor 1-50.  Seriously. 
  • intiorizedintiorized Member UncommonPosts: 143
    Orc, DK, DC, 1 hand and shield

http://www.northlanders.rocks

1st German Crowfall Guild

• PulsarManPulsarMan Member Posts: 289

So far:

Race: Breton

Class: 2h sword Sorc

Alliance: Daggerfall

Why: It just seems interesting to me that I can make a battlemage, and have it be a viable option. I have other classes I wanna dabble with as well! 

As far as the Alliance, I just went with what my friends wanted to do. I actually like the starting area quite a bit. Daggerfall is pretty. 

• ArndushArndush Member Posts: 303
    Character: Breandan O'Beachain (Gaelic for Brendan Behan)
    • Race: Breton
    • Class: Sorc
    • Build:
      • Bar 1: Sword & Board w/ Dark Magic and Storm Magic
      • Bar 2: Bow with a mix of Dark Magic, Storm, and Summoning.
    • Faction: Ebonheart Pact

Why this race? It worked well for what I wanted to play class wise.

Why this Class? I've loved the idea of swordmage with heavy armor and a mage's hood. Turn's out, it's pretty fun to play too.

Why this faction? Because I really liked the guild I joined and they had already decided on the Pact.

• XristoXristo Member UncommonPosts: 41

Redguard Dragonknight with 2 hander.  Daggerfall Covenant.  

Why? Hail to the Dragon!

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130

Nord Dragonknight on Ebonheart Pact. 1H + Shield, cuz that's always my main tank in every single game that I play online. Wow! Boring, huh? 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Dark Elf, Templar Aldmeri Dominion.

I would have played Ebonheart but the guild I am joining decided Aldmeri Dominon. I'm actually having more fun there than I did in Ebonheart Pact so tthat's a plus.

and since I was a dark elf in Oblvioin and Skyrim I'm just approaching the Aldmeri Dominion side of the game the same way.

If I can figure out the story logistics in my head, this will be "the same character that I've played in all the elder scrolls games".

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • funconfuncon Member UncommonPosts: 279
    All this ESO talk is giving me the pre-order itch. Are you all really having that much fun?
  • oldboygameroldboygamer Member Posts: 139

Ok, I went with Nord Templar, EP, mainly because ever since EQ I've played a northern paladin type first, he uses a 2h sword, just wondering whether to spec pure healer or tank.

Name's Valarean.

• SirAoSSirAoS Member Posts: 203
    It sure is a shame that they didn't make the game cross platform like Final Fantasy. At the very least, allow a toon transfer to a different platform. I would probably give it a try if they didn't go that route. Glad you guys are having fun with the game though. /Cheers
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    I started with AD on a THF and then switched over to DC TMPLR.  Right now I hit a main quest that's bugged.. (guardians) soooo I'm debating going and playing the Cov just to see what the deal is.
  • ArndushArndush Member Posts: 303
    Originally posted by funcon
    All this ESO talk is giving me the pre-order itch. Are you all really having that much fun?

I'll speak for myself but, yes, I am.

I thoroughly enjoy the flexibility of the character building systems. I know some people don't like the combat but, I've thoroughly enjoyed it. When you are fighting two mobs, they will move to flank, they will use synergy abilities such as, one guy will thrown down a bottle of oil and yell, "Light it" and the other mob will shoot it with a fire arrow. You can actively dodge and block and be able to counter attack when you do.

I'm getting into the PvP tonight, which I'm really excited for. Who knows if I'll enjoy it in 3, 6, 12 months but, I do right now. I'm enjoying it a lot.

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158

Class: Nightblade

Race: Khajiit

Alliance: Aldmeri Dominion

Primary Weapon: Bow

Secondary Weapon: Dual Swords

I've always enjoyed the Khajiit race and I simply love playing the rogue type characters.

• evilizedevilized Member UncommonPosts: 576
    Khajiit nightblade. Totally unique, only person to roll this combo.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Lizard race because it looked cool and had health regen. 

The bird shaped alliance icon because it looked cool.

Nightblade because stealth. 

So far just clicking on and trying out anything and everything, although I can easily see this character going bow and axe, with a ton of gathering and refining on the side. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

breton templar, EP.

i am a spell caster that is using a resto staff and light armor right now.

i will use a destruction staff as my secondary weapon, might also toy with bows too later on down the road.

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692
    Dual wielding Dark Elf DK and stayed EP because I like the idea of enemies joining forces to fight a common foe.  I haven't decided what my second weapon will be but leaning toward a bow for some ranged abilities.

• StilerStiler Member Posts: 599

I'm playing a Redguard two handed melee sorcerer in the Ebonheart Pact.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

Ebonheart-Orc/Templar

I Stabbed the Covenant in the back for my little Dark Elf Bitch! image

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971
    Khajiit, Nightblade with bow so far.
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Class: Templar

Race: Redguard

Alliance: Daggerfall Covenant

Primary Weapon: 2hander Sword

Secondary Weapon: Sword / Shield

Armor Type:  Mostly Heavy with some Light added in.

Because I am African in real life, and redguard is closes to my real life appearance. Also I like being a traditional fantasy paladin, so I choose Templar with its elite defensive abilities and healing as well as Melee abilities.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design