Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is challenging!!!

tryklontryklon Member UncommonPosts: 1,370

Started playing yesterday, like pretty much everyone else, and after 1 full day of playing im finally level 8 =P

Im a slow leveler, an explorer, and I am badly acostumed to games like WoW, games extremely easy... And thats where the difficulty comes. ANyone else finding this game alot harder than the usual? It really makes me think my battles, makes me die 2 or 3 times before realising what to do.

You guys think its good where it is right now, or should they tune the difficulty of the game? Im divided, some times I loose my mind and patience, but when I finally make it, I feel accomplished.

Comments

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

I wish i shared the same feeling but i don't ESO any more challenging than an average themepark MMO. I just AOE everything and i haven't died even once during quests... lvl 15 here by the way so don't if it will change later on.

I havent done any group content so verdict is out on that too. But so far it has been very easy.

• tryklontryklon Member UncommonPosts: 1,370
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

I wish i shared the same feeling but i don't ESO any more challenging than an average themepark MMO. I just AOE everything and i haven't died even once during quests... lvl 15 here by the way so don't if it will change later on.

I havent done any group content so verdict is out on that too. But so far it has been very easy.

What class are you playing? 

• AroukosAroukos Member Posts: 571
    A game that someone reaches max lvl in 17 hours doesn't need a tune down to difficulty.
  • intiorizedintiorized Member UncommonPosts: 143
    Originally posted by tryklon

Started playing yesterday, like pretty much everyone else, and after 1 full day of playing im finally level 8 =P

Im a slow leveler, an explorer, and I am badly acostumed to games like WoW, games extremely easy... And thats where the difficulty comes. ANyone else finding this game alot harder than the usual? It really makes me think my battles, makes me die 2 or 3 times before realising what to do.

You guys think its good where it is right now, or should they tune the difficulty of the game? Im divided, some times I loose my mind and patience, but when I finally make it, I feel accomplished.

hmm. I found it a bit to easy. But i learned the combat in beta so that´s an advantage i have. I made a public dungeon run alone and it was nice that you can kill the boss with blocking and interrupting. It gives the fight an epic feel. So try to learn it, maybe bind the disrupt on an other button (that helped me a lot) and also use it :) blocking is also very helpful. Also, try to have the gear for your level.

Good luck in Tamriel, stay though!

Cheers

http://www.northlanders.rocks

1st German Crowfall Guild

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

You guys think its good where it is right now, or should they tune the difficulty of the game?

I spent quite sometime in beta and no, the game isn't hard at all.

Just the mention of toning down the difficulty is "dangerous" :)

It's too easy as it is.

..Cake..

Originally posted by intiorized

hmm. I found it a bit to easy. But i learned the combat in beta so that´s an advantage i have. I made a public dungeon run alone and it was nice that you can kill the boss with blocking and interrupting. It gives the fight an epic feel. So try to learn it, maybe bind the disrupt on an other button (that helped me a lot) and also use it :) blocking is also very helpful. Also, try to have the gear for your level.

Good luck in Tamriel, stay though!

Cheers

Sometimes I do feel im playing it the wrong way. I made a sorcerer, and wanted a battlemage, so I use 2 swords and heavy armor and cast electricity spells while I fight, but I dont usually use the block or interrupt functions... im dumb, I know, but Its hard to get used to such a different combat type after playing wow for 8 years...

Any tips to play my class? recommended skills or gameplay?

• Castielle101Castielle101 Member CommonPosts: 81

I died once.  Swimming out to an island...some piranhas got me :(

Cas

Join the fan-powered community wiki for Elder Scrolls Online.
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Elder+Scrolls+Online+Wiki

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689
    This game is easier then most mmo's.  Just use an aoe class and win. Ive literally never died.

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• NinjazahNinjazah Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by Aroukos
    A game that someone reaches max lvl in 17 hours doesn't need a tune down to difficulty.

Using an exploit to 50 doesn't make the game easy. 

• OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874
    Originally posted by Ninjazah

Using an exploit to 50 doesn't make the game easy. 

It wasnt an exploit, it was just a group of people grinding on mobs the whole time instead of questing.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

Speed running has nothing to do with difficulty.

• alexhpy98721alexhpy98721 Member UncommonPosts: 264

In the beta i did not die at all except when i used stuck or the server booted me, but then again when i finally got into beta i pretty much had my builds planned and i`m somewhat decent at theory crafting(have been doing it for a long time).

I can see how if you just experiment/try to spread out in the beginning it might be harder, but as it is with all MMO`s, you will get used to it after a while.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by bingbongbros
    This game is easier then most mmo's.  Just use an aoe class and win. Ive literally never died.

As a long time MMOer, that is just not true. You don't think Zenimax is aware of the need for more balancing? They have already stated they are aware of this, not to mention balancing happens through the life of an MMO.

There Is Always Hope!

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by Fendel84M

Speed running has nothing to do with difficulty.

Umm..if mobs hit harder and are a challenge ofcourse speed running would be difficult.

Have you ever heard anyone speed running solo in FFXI back in the days? or EQ? this is the current trend and it has everything to do with difficulty. Even veteran mobs are a joke.

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

In today's MMO landscape, reaching max level has very little to do with difficulty.

As a matter of fact, it's usually done by avoiding as much of the difficult stuff as possible.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844

Its really hard to suggest anything simpler and easier,maybe Guild Wars 2 ?

People say its really casual friendly.

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    some fights wre easy and some are pretty challenging in beta. Ill see tomorrow if they nerfed difficulty. I hope things are still challenging, or even a bit harder than beta.

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

I like where it's at right now.  People who beta'ed the game and always pre-plan everything pre-launch will of course level fast and min/max as usual.  It's the same 'ol with these players and there's nothing new to talk about.  They find the best way to level and they'll level faster than the rest, what's new?  The devs definitely should not tweak the games based on these types of players.

But for the general public, the core MMO players, the majority, this game is definitely a bit more challenging than others due action combat / reticle targeting alone.  I've found myself having to dodge, block, and move around more than usual.  This is usually expected when you're at endgame levels or fighting boss type of mobs.  But you start with these types of mobs at early levels with ordinary mobs.  I definitely have been caught offguard quite many times and I'm just at sub-10 levels with my various alts.

It's good, refreshing for a change to see a game that does make you pay a bit more attention while playing.  Unfortunately reticle targeting and action based combat will alienate some players as some people simply can't handle playing MMO's this way.  They mostly enjoy MMO's where they press a button, and their magic bolt will home in on their nearest target.  But like I said, it's refreshing to see something different.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    If you like challenging games... play quests 2 or 3 levels above at times that not many people are around... that turns ESo intoo a very challenging game...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Wait until you get to Veteran Rank content.
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

Umm..if mobs hit harder and are a challenge ofcourse speed running would be difficult.

Difficulty is relative. "Hit harder" relative to what? Single player? Group of 2, 4 or 6?

There is no issue if people want to rush to max lvl in 17 hours, it isn't intended gameplay.

• ForeverdreamForeverdream Member UncommonPosts: 141
    Originally posted by nttajira

can you care name a harder mmorpg ? 

Age of Conan.

Eso is laughable easy... if you can handle buildwars and wow then eso is really no different. 

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    This must depend on what you are playing.  Sorcerer is pretty fragile at my low level, and there seems to be no real way to avoid getting into melee for 75% of the fight duration.
  • TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

i am a Sorcerer with healing focused ( using the restoration staff since level 3 and have never changed another weapon )

i die quite often, not because the game is hard, because i just love to jump off cliffs and then got stuck ( where i have to type /stuck ) which literally kills me, also i died 3x trying to swim out of the map, which in turn being eaten by piranhas

also i died trying to see what the Dungeon looks like if i go solo, also i encounter a world boss and tried to solo it and die

but if you follow the game properly, it should be easy, because i have never died as well following the proper quest level, unless if i decided to do the jackass thing with the quest 

So What Now?

Gave up on my sorcerer and rerolled a dual wielding templar, using heavy armor for regen and 10% points in magicka for some heals and the rest in stamina to increase weapon dps, the difference is astonishing.

I never or very rarelly die and my dps is much better. Basically im trying to follow a kind of attacking crusader look and feel