Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Congratulations to Zenimax

13»

Comments

• funconfuncon Member UncommonPosts: 279
    there any trial keys that I can have? I want to see how it runs on my PC before ordering. last beta test the game ran like crap .
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by funcon
    there any trial keys that I can have? I want to see how it runs on my PC before ordering. last beta test the game ran like crap .

Not sure how that's even possible. Ran at 60fps+ on my 3 year old computer.  Nothing has changed graphically since the last beta weekend so chances are your computer still cant handle it.

• ElElyonElElyon Member UncommonPosts: 219
    Originally posted by FlyByKnight

Confirmed blue sky bug/infinite falling bug is still in the game. There is also a bug where players are being attacked and killed by invisible enemies not in their phase, not sure if this was present at beta or new. The server lag spikes are definitely still there, they just happen less frequently than they did in beta.

Off topic, anybody who thought that pre-orders/subscriptions would stop trolls and people with obnoxious/obscene screen names was sadly mistaken. My suggestion is the first thing you do as soon as you log-in the game is turn off zone chat.

Everything else has been pretty decent.

How do you turn off zone chat?

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

Totally smooth launch

You can always tell by the amount of bitching in general chat (there was virtually nil)  I didn't experience a single problem over 14 hours of game play except the character creation head bug.

Enjoying the game a lot.

Gratz Zen

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,824
    Hardly the best launch in MMO history, but it was a perfectly fine pre launch in fact. I am confident we will have a decent official launch day after how well the pre-launch has gone.
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

In all seriousness... stop comparing older games with newer games.

Older technology with newer technology.

Modern-day extensive beta testing with the older practises of beta testing.

It's kind of expected that one would outperform the other.

The headstart itself works both ways... gives players a chance to play a bit earlier than the official release date and spreads out the stress on the servers a bit... or in other words you get to soften the launch day rush or having thousands upon thousands of people trying to login and play at the same time.

Congrats to Zenimax for getting right and I wish them all the best on launch day.

Personally I didn't like it enough to justify the price so while I'm waiting for an interesting MMORPG release, I'll be sitting back with some popcorn watching the typical  fanboy vs hater forum PvP  o/

..Cake..

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    Originally posted by PsychoticHamster
    The only problem is that ESO hasn't technically launched yet. The only people playing are those who pre-ordered directly from Zenimax, everyone else is waiting for Tuesday. I'd wait until then to see how well everything works out.

I didnt order directly from Zenimax and ive been playing, not sure where you got your info but its incorrect.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720
    Originally posted by Darth-Batman
    Originally posted by PsychoticHamster
    The only problem is that ESO hasn't technically launched yet. The only people playing are those who pre-ordered directly from Zenimax, everyone else is waiting for Tuesday. I'd wait until then to see how well everything works out.

I didnt order directly from Zenimax and ive been playing, not sure where you got your info but its incorrect.

Standard Edition or Imperial Edition from ZOS = 5 days headstart

Imperial Edition from 3rd Party Retailer = 5 days headstart

Standard Edition from 3rd Party Retailer = 3 days headstart

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

Not as smooth, still a few buggy quests at Stonefall, but other than that, i must agree, this could be the best launch in any MMO history ever, i mean, there is just no Lag, no Server down, etc, everything is working, and if it wasnt for the bugged quest, it could have gotten 9/10 for Launch

So What Now?

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    I think its premature and too soon to start a  thread like this. The flood gates are yet to be opened on 1st and then on 4th.
  • Rush84Rush84 Member Posts: 62

looool

Every new mmo that comes out , you get this exact same thread ....

its like a premature ejaculate, try not to get too excited too soon mate

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    I've seen a lot worse early access (FFXIV anyone?).  Whether it's launch or not, there are plenty of people playing right now, I'd consider it launched...Probably 90%+ have 5 days early access.  The last 10% or so aren't going to change anything.  I'm at my capped 60fps on ultra at all times, and no lag at all.  I did finally run into a bug.  If you jump around a bunch while swing your weapon your screen goes into like a sky blue lol, but a quick relog fixes it.  Probably the best launch I've ever seen in modern MMOs.
    Originally posted by Gravarg
    I've seen a lot worse early access (FFXIV anyone?).  Whether it's launch or not, there are plenty of people playing right now, I'd consider it launched...Probably 90%+ have 5 days early access.  The last 10% or so aren't going to change anything.  I'm at my capped 60fps on ultra at all times, and no lag at all.  I did finally run into a bug.  If you jump around a bunch while swing your weapon your screen goes into like a sky blue lol, but a quick relog fixes it.  Probably the best launch I've ever seen in modern MMOs.

Majority of players who have problems don't even post on mmorpg.com. A very small minority of gamers use forums like these. So hard to say how many actually have issues on launch day.

However on official forums. Since launch there are already 20 pages full of topics with various launch issues. If one wants to make a real and educated assesment of the launch day check official forums.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/categories/EN-customer-support/p19

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

Majority of players who have problems don't even post on mmorpg.com. A very small minority of gamers use forums like these. So hard to say how many actually have issues on launch day.

However on official forums. Since launch there are already 20 pages full of topics with various launch issues. If one wants to make a real and educated assesment of the launch day check official forums.

Yeah I was thinking it was some kind of miracle launch but after looking at the official website its plain to see it is business as usual, and this will be just another game people add to a lst of launches that werent great so they can keep excusing bad release after bad release of games.

But I will say that they must have made an ass load of overflow servers since there havent been any major crashes to the main server yet. or there arent the hundreds of thousands of people logging in that everyone thought there would be for early access.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by FlyByKnight

Not to be the negative nancy, there ARE a few bugs present (spawning bugs) that were in beta that are STILL present. There are still the intermittent lag spikes/freezes. As well as the melee bug where hits don't register.  Outside of that everything has been kosher, but it's disappointing that beta bugs (which are attached to main quest lines) are still present.

Just a counterpoint to the oozing praise.  Take it with a grain of salt. Hopefully everything will get fixed by actual launch day.

Let me guess - you must be playing EP - as that's where I found 4 bugged quests in Stonefalls alone :/

There are some bugged quests, or in the case of one quest I found, the text was different from the spoken dialogue.

Having said that, I relogged and that usually fixed certain quests. In one case there were 4 shrines that had to be cleansed (Aldemeri Dominion) and for each one there was a note by a dead alcolyte that gave a clue on how to cleanse them.

For one with fire, the note wasn't there. This is because a player picked it up and it didn't respawn for me. I relogged and the paper was there and I was able to finish the quest.

It's a pain but it's "dealable" so far.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

As we saw with FFXIV though problems expanded 10 fold on its actual release day. It is a little early to be claiming a great launch. Granted you can still buy 5 day access, so those in a hurry to play could right now. Not sure why they'd wait until the 4th. We'll see as the three day peeps roll in and launch actually begins.

Either way I'm waiting until the community settles down as always, what's there now will not be what's there in 3 months.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by rodarin
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

Yeah I was thinking it was some kind of miracle launch but after looking at the official website its plain to see it is business as usual, and this will be just another game people add to a lst of launches that werent great so they can keep excusing bad release after bad release of games.

But I will say that they must have made an ass load of overflow servers since there havent been any major crashes to the main server yet. or there arent the hundreds of thousands of people logging in that everyone thought there would be for early access.

Its crazy though how busy customer support forums are. you post a topic and in seconds its on second or third page.

Numerous crashes and launch errors. That is why i said earlier that its too soon declare 'best launch evahhh'. People who are having problems are there not here.

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,381

Wise words:

No plan survives contact with the enemy.

and,

...I've always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable.

I hope they're getting their list of things to hotfix, while I wait for the next early wave date.  And congrats to all the early folks in the great name grab faction.  

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.