Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Congratulations to Zenimax

Comments

• DoushiDoushi Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Originally posted by PsychoticHamster
    The only problem is that ESO hasn't technically launched yet. The only people playing are those who pre-ordered directly from Zenimax, everyone else is waiting for Tuesday. I'd wait until then to see how well everything works out.

this is not correct, I preordered from Greenman gaming, and I got 5 day headstart.

mmorpg.com, the 4chan of mmo forums.

• EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868
    My mind was blown by how smooth this went.  Not a single hiccup or problem for me.
  • BrixonBrixon Member UncommonPosts: 259

Gratz Zenimax, I sense epic times ahead.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by Brixon

Gratz Zenimax, I sense epic times ahead.

+1 same here

• TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Cheers to a job well done! :-) Thoroughly enjoying the game so far.
    Isaiah 41:10
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

Not to be the negative nancy, there ARE a few bugs present (spawning bugs) that were in beta that are STILL present. There are still the intermittent lag spikes/freezes. As well as the melee bug where hits don't register.  Outside of that everything has been kosher, but it's disappointing that beta bugs (which are attached to main quest lines) are still present.

Just a counterpoint to the oozing praise.  Take it with a grain of salt. Hopefully everything will get fixed by actual launch day.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    I was really expecting a day full of disconnects and quick fix patches, but this has been really good.  I haven't had any lag, bugs or anything at all :D
  • TedgerTedger Member Posts: 20

Heh.. weird day for me... was kinda expecting difficulties in logging in or lag.

Start launcher... no problem, I had game pre-updated.

Launch game... surely now there would be some problems... titles.. no problems

Charater creation.. working well.. hmm.. cant zoom my face.. oh..  no worries, minor thing, could see it well enough (ended having yellow lips for my elf male.. well.. adds character :D ) very small problem (and was with 1st character only)

Create... loading wailing wells(or what ever the tutorial is called) no problems.. at first common zone with other players... loooots ppl, kinda funny seeing all these ppl escaping, bit giggle, but tech worked, no lag or anything.  

Entering Tamriel.. cool.. no problems other than all those not-english ppl spamming zone chat for guilds.. as finnish, I find that annoying.

So.. during my first 11 hours I didnt encounter single problem other that zoom thing in creating my first char.

Smoothest launch for me ever. 

Cant wait to get back from work and back into Tamriel :)

• spidiispidii Member UncommonPosts: 143
    Fantastic launch! I'm Ebonheart and haven't run into a single issue and am now level 20 having completed every possible quest and gotten every single skyshard I possibly could up to where I am now. I was really hesistant and expecting a rough couple of days but man, it is smooth and I am having so much fun. Great work and a great game thus far.
  • MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Hands down best launch ever...10/10 for Zenimax on that one.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

ive ran into a couple bugs but for an MMO launch it's to be expected.

it's in a lot better shape than beta was , that's for damn sure.

but the stability of the servers? yeah, top notch for an mmo launch IMO

• QuagliaQuaglia Member Posts: 60

I'm playing AD, European megaserver. 

I've actually met a couple of minor bugs, but a quick relog fixed them all. A very great first day and I can't wait to play again tonight.

Very well done Zenimax, very well done!

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    DAMN smooth launch so far!!!
  • dcopeukdcopeuk Member Posts: 24

Played from 11am till 1am one EP to 6 and one AD to 9 all smooth par one lag out and one crash but nothing more than that and got right back in without trouble, i got the first char face but but worked round it, all in all a great days gamming and didnt want to go , will be logging in as soon as i get home from work.

Great job.

edit time was wrong lol

• SignexSignex Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Does the 3 day early acces start after midnight tonight?
    AMD Ryzen 5800X3D - Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 10G Master - 16GB RAM
  • IfrianMMOIfrianMMO Member UncommonPosts: 252

I do not plan to play but i am glad that you guys are having a smooth experience.

Have fun!

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854

Feels like it's been running for months it was so smooth.

Turns out it's a pretty amazing game/mmo, i can honestly say i'm hooked, i'm freaking hooked on it.

I was kinda going to hold out for Free to Play, but... i can't express how glad my kids talked me into playing. Now i'm not so sure it'll go free to play and i really don't care as long as the game servers are on i'll be playing this baby, and will continue to sub. I think it might be that the lonely Elder Scrolls world is now populated, don't know not going to analyze it, having to much fun to care, all i know it clicks for me.

Well you know i'm spending time with the kids, but the kids stopped playing hours ago, OH so they did. lol

My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • ReticulataReticulata Member UncommonPosts: 98

I agree. Best launch I have seen. I logged right into main server at 6 am, not even 1 disconnect all day. Playing on high and ultra setting and I don't even remember lagging 1 single time so far.

The only thing I ran into was some remaining quest bugs that required many relogs, but nothing like beta.

I give the launch an A- compared to all other launches I have seen.

SOE changes name to Daybreak games, cause dey break games.
  • killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995
    I wonder how the servers will hold up when the majority of the load hits them at the 3 day head start and actual release date.
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

So have we all agree a 5-day headstart is a launch now?

Is the 3-day headstart also a launch?

What about the actual launch?

I think we should call the Guiness Book of Records and register ESO as the only game that's ever had 3 successful launches in one week.

:D

..Cake..

• ArndushArndush Member Posts: 303
    As others have stated, I've had a few bugged quests. But, logging out/in has taken care of that. Mostly, I think it was from a few hundred thousand people trying to do the same quest at roughly the same time. Made it to level 10 yesterday so, I'll be joining my guild in my first foray into Cyrodill tonight. I'm really looking forward to that.
  • RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 711

I wouldn't necessarily say it was the best launch.  I've played other games that had similar successful launches.

That being said, they did a good job.  Especially considering that it is their first MMO.

I look forward to playing.  All I had time to do yesterday was log in and make a character.  Hopefully I'll have more time to play today.  I'd hate to waste my headstart.  Heck, I rushed through Dark Souls II just so I'd have time.

PS...Dark Souls II for the win!

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: Nioh 2, Civ6
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon, Elden Ring

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity
  • ReticulataReticulata Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Originally posted by sgel

I think we should call the Guiness Book of Records and register ESO as the only game that's ever had 3 successful launches in one week.

Judging by the mass number of pre orders and huge swarms of Imperial horses in beta, I would classify this as a launch. I would imagine that their pre order early access numbers rival and outnumber many former mmos that were plagued by instability, lag and server outages in former years.

SOE changes name to Daybreak games, cause dey break games.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

Confirmed blue sky bug/infinite falling bug is still in the game. There is also a bug where players are being attacked and killed by invisible enemies not in their phase, not sure if this was present at beta or new. The server lag spikes are definitely still there, they just happen less frequently than they did in beta.

Off topic, anybody who thought that pre-orders/subscriptions would stop trolls and people with obnoxious/obscene screen names was sadly mistaken. My suggestion is the first thing you do as soon as you log-in the game is turn off zone chat.

Everything else has been pretty decent.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995
    Originally posted by Reticulata
    Originally posted by sgel

Judging by the mass number of pre orders and huge swarms of Imperial horses in beta, I would classify this as a launch. I would imagine that their pre order early access numbers rival and outnumber many former mmos that were plagued by instability, lag and server outages in former years.

I'd bet that not even half of the total release day users are in game right now.  Tons of people picked up copies at third-party vendors and there will be plenty of people that will just buy it upon release.  If the servers were showing any sign of strain at all at this point, things would be looking REALLY bad for the actual release.  That being said, things seem to be running smoothly based on posts so far, so I'm curious how it will work out at the 3 day head start and the actual release.