Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1day =max lvl?

Comments

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Originally posted by Thane
    yea, you got those in all the mmos.   "uuuh i reached max lvl in xxx hours and xxx mins, and now i have nothing to do! what a stupid game!"   as i mention before, you can also rush through skyrim in an hour. but it is just stupid to do so.

But now that the cat is out of the bag, this is exactly what will happen.

Look what happened in FFXIV:ARR. Soon as someone hit 50 by fate grinding and skipping all that content, the entire game across all realms became nothing more than one huge fate grinding power leveler. The masses started hitting 50 in days. Once someone finds an "easier way" to level. That becomes the "standard" to level. Then entire communities will miss much of a game's content for the sake of hitting cap. 

Why?

I don't think it's because players want to bypass content. It's because players are afraid of getting behind other players and will somehow be left out. So this is what happens. It's the developer's fault for allowing it to happen in the 1st place.

Devs fault? Are you kidding?

You cant dictate people playstyles.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by eldaris

Originally posted by Distopia
    I"m starting to be reminded of everyone freaking out over the Skyrim 5hr play-through scare right before it's release.

You didn't play Skyrim in competition with other players so don't compare it to Skyrim. Also from what I know TESO pve gameplay is quite limited,you want to go to enemy lands before 50 ? Bad,bad player - go back and finish all the quests before that.

Well the comparison was more in regard to (ah! there's not enough content! over a play tester breaking some internal record that was publicized) which in Skyrim's case turned out to be a bogus concern. From what I've seen there's a lot more content here, which there should be it's an MMORPG. Still as far as MMORPG's are concerned the world seemed packed full of quests to do at any level. YMMV of course.

Compared to other themeparks though I've seen few if any that had more quests coming at you as there were here. Which surprised me because they're all voiced. I guess that could be the nature of them as well, as they're not the typical kill 75 of these types of tasks. Usually there's only one thing to do per step, kill this, get that, etc.. and a  lot of walking/riding in between.

As for competition, when I hit max I'll worry about that; my endgame is always PVP no matter the title.., until then I'm the guy you see walking around rather than running. AS well as the guy standing in front of the NPC for the duration of the conversation. I might even wave as you walk by :).

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• SilveruneSilverune Member UncommonPosts: 128

Each to his own I guess...The only place those level 50's are going to benefit against other players is in Cyrodiil, heck I'm in the three day headstart squad and have not even got into the game yet.

I do  plan on taking my time through the game, I prob will not even go to Cryodiil until I hit level 50 anyway..so all those level 50's that have rushed will not have any advancement over me by the time I get there anyway.

• eldariseldaris Member UncommonPosts: 353

Originally posted by Vannor

Originally posted by Distopia I"m starting to be reminded of everyone freaking out over the Skyrim 5hr play-through scare right before it's release.    
    You didn't play Skyrim in competition with other players so don't compare it to Skyrim. Also from what I know TESO pve gameplay is quite limited,you want to go to enemy lands before 50 ? Bad,bad player - go back and finish all the quests before that.  
    What competition? PvP is scaled... the rest is teamwork.

.. and the other faction's PvE content is locked to 50, yes. But, and this is a fact, it's the most PVE content ever at an MMO's launch. Plus you can just, you know, make a character on the other faction if you wanna play before getting to 50.

PVP is not scaled enough for a buffed lv 10 to have chances compared to a full lv 50 and it will not be 1 or 2 lv 50,soon power leveling will be a requirement for most pvp guilds(and not only).Even if it was "the most PVE content ever at an MMO's launch" - citation from an independent source needed - it still artificially gates the player, making the world even more limited and far from the usual elder scrolls world.This "huge" amount of pve quests - does it count every quest two times - once for the normal lv quest then when it is forced on the other alliance players to be able to level veteran ranks ?Exploring enemy lands is a totally different thing than being forced in an instance looking like those areas but with no other faction players and having to grind all the quests so the game has no replay value. Older mmorpgs were able to have open worlds and let people go to enemy lands at every level,it seems zenimax developers were more interested in cheap solutions like xp nerfs and greedy marketing tactics than to design a great gameworld.

edit to reply to distopia :

So they just replaced "kill 75 part",which btw is a thing of a past in most mmorpgs, with lot of walking between quest objectives ?Not a big change and arguably one designed only to make levelling longer (p2p game after all),this explains also the amount of money needed to buy a horse.
    Too bad it was also one which punished "normal" players because it didn't stop getting to max level in a day.
    As for voiced quests - before SWTOR I was all for it,after seeing the price swtor payed for it(instanced zones,loading screens etc) and playing TESO beta, I prefer to read the quests,easier and the money spent on voice actors could have been used on better quest writers or a better gameworld design.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Level 12 here. 18 hours or so played. AvA since 10.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by davc123

some ppls are already max lvl

twitch he/she is 50lvl

and here

http://www.warlegend.net/jake-shelton-level-50-the-elder-scrolls-online/

It only took 17 hours and 34 minutes to Jake Shelton, member of our War Legend Guild, to reach the level 50 with his Sorcerer on The Elder Scrolls Online.

They used exploits, content that was reported but wasn't fixed...

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by yaminsux
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer
    Originally posted by Thane

yea, you got those in all the mmos.

"uuuh i reached max lvl in xxx hours and xxx mins, and now i have nothing to do! what a stupid game!"

as i mention before, you can also rush through skyrim in an hour. but it is just stupid to do so.

But now that the cat is out of the bag, this is exactly what will happen.

Look what happened in FFXIV:ARR. Soon as someone hit 50 by fate grinding and skipping all that content, the entire game across all realms became nothing more than one huge fate grinding power leveler. The masses started hitting 50 in days. Once someone finds an "easier way" to level. That becomes the "standard" to level. Then entire communities will miss much of a game's content for the sake of hitting cap. 

Why?

I don't think it's because players want to bypass content. It's because players are afraid of getting behind other players and will somehow be left out. So this is what happens. It's the developer's fault for allowing it to happen in the 1st place.

Devs fault? Are you kidding? You cant dictate people playstyles.

This has nothing to do with play styles. This has everything to do with some players finding loopholes. Based on recent announcements and "nerfs" ZM made to the leveling process,  I cannot imagine this possibility was intentionally developed into the game as an intended play style. Unintentional use is unintentional use. Unless, you think someone should have the option to get to level cap in a day? You don't think these games should be designed for a longer "play through"? You don't see a problem with the possibility of hitting cap this quickly?

• jacktorsjacktors Member UncommonPosts: 180
    If this is true, shame on you Zenimax. It should not be physically possible to have anyone level that fast. If it was remotely possible, I blame the coders. This is why people quit mmoprgs so fast these days. They are able to rush to end game so quickly, thanks to the way the game is coded, and they quit out of boredom. Very stupid way of allowing this, if it is even true. And if these individuals used cheats or work arounds to achieve this, they should be banned.

I praise this game all the time. But I have no patience for this type of stupidity. It is very clear, based upon past mmorpgs, that allowing your subscribers to level to quickly creates end game content problems, and loss of customers.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

Thoughts:

• Nothing to suggest exploits are involved.
    • Gimped character? Llevelling brings its own benefits that will allow "disadvantages" to be easily rectified.
    • 150 hours completed in 17 .. or about 11%. And whilst I can see 50+ and 50++ being a little slower a) it doesn't always follow - the slowest battles can be the low level ones b) if Zenimax made 50+ and 50++ have made these run throughs "super slow" people will just get bored and leave. So I would expect 50++ to be finished long before the end of the week. 
    The question going forward:
    • How fast will the "average" or "median" gamer level. People saying that this can't be possible, they have played all day and are only level 11 or whatever .... suggests max level this week for "lots" and level 50 for "many" within 2 weeks.
    • What surprised the SWTOR devs wasn't that people hit 50 quickly (just under 40 hours from memory) but that "most" players were level 50 well before the end of the free month. Not all - there are slow players in the same way that there are fast players but many. This puts pressure on content schedules and so forth. 
    • Going forward levelling will get easier - for everybody. You learn the system, you learn the mobs and the zones, your first character can be used to "twink" your second etc. 
  • tinoberserktinoberserk Member UncommonPosts: 73
    This is the mmorpg equivalent of yelling first. 
  • RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 711

It's a race really.  One of my buds was the 2nd person to reach 50 in WAR on our server.  He was about 1hr behind a gold farmer and beat out a stay at home dad by about 4hrs.

Personally, I hate rushing.  It makes me burn out on the game much much quicker.  Considering how jaded I am with the MMO genre, that isn't a good thing.

I'm going to take it slow and easy (except on the weekends, when I play until the toothpicks holding my eyes open break and the Mt. Dew IV runs out of juice)

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: Nioh 2, Civ6
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon, Elden Ring

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610

TBH it's totally irrelevant. It's whether you found the game mechanics fun. After all you are doing the same crap over and over again regardless of level in most if not all games.

PvE isn't the reason I keep playing the same game, it's PvP. No quests/story/lore just fun and engaging combat action.

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    I really don't understand why people care that someone charged to max level... play the game, and life, your way not somebody elses.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Originally posted by Vannor

Originally posted by Distopia I"m starting to be reminded of everyone freaking out over the Skyrim 5hr play-through scare right before it's release.    
    What competition? PvP is scaled... the rest is teamwork.

.. and the other faction's PvE content is locked to 50, yes. But, and this is a fact, it's the most PVE content ever at an MMO's launch. Plus you can just, you know, make a character on the other faction if you wanna play before getting to 50.

PVP is not scaled enough for a buffed lv 10 to have chances compared to a full lv 50 and it will not be 1 or 2 lv 50,soon power leveling will be a requirement for most pvp guilds(and not only).Even if it was "the most PVE content ever at an MMO's launch" - citation from an independent source needed - it still artificially gates the player, making the world even more limited and far from the usual elder scrolls world.This "huge" amount of pve quests - does it count every quest two times - once for the normal lv quest then when it is forced on the other alliance players to be able to level veteran ranks ?Exploring enemy lands is a totally different thing than being forced in an instance looking like those areas but with no other faction players and having to grind all the quests so the game has no replay value. Older mmorpgs were able to have open worlds and let people go to enemy lands at every level,it seems zenimax developers were more interested in cheap solutions like xp nerfs and greedy marketing tactics than to design a great gameworld.

edit to reply to distopia :

So they just replaced "kill 75 part",which btw is a thing of a past in most mmorpgs, with lot of walking between quest objectives ?Not a big change and arguably one designed only to make levelling longer (p2p game after all),this explains also the amount of money needed to buy a horse.
    Too bad it was also one which punished "normal" players because it didn't stop getting to max level in a day.
    As for voiced quests - before SWTOR I was all for it,after seeing the price swtor payed for it(instanced zones,loading screens etc) and playing TESO beta, I prefer to read the quests,easier and the money spent on voice actors could have been used on better quest writers or a better gameworld design.

What do you do in any game other than go from objective to objective? The quest writing is on par with other elder scrolls games.. the voice work bring immersion to your objective hopping.. there's a bit of gating, yeh, but it's small price to pay. Everyone likes to compare this to other elder scrolls games.. how about we compare those games to ESO? NO MULTIPLAYER.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

who cares?

"Tell em what they won Jim."

"A brand new nothing"

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    So? After one day i'm level 6...
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by TangentPoint
    Originally posted by Bossalinie
    Originally posted by KaitarBesh

I can't believe that a) people are already level 50. Not unless they're exploiting something, in which case they should be banned.

and b) that people are griping about exp being too slow so they can't rush to end game and then whine about being bored like in EVERY other MMO that has released in the past 8 years.

Also, if you kiddies think this game is "slow leveling", you obviously never played some of the old MMOs that could take days or weeks for one level. Deal with it, or go play some carnival like WoW where you can be at end game in 3 days. So tired of locusts ruining games by demanding they be sped up to give them everything NOW NOW NOW.

I just love old geezers who spout out their soap box speeches at random, even though not a single person in the thread has complained...

Well, people have been saying that getting to level cap in barely 24 hours of the game launching shouldn't be possible. So there's that.

No what people are saying ( as I'm the one who said that) is that something is off between what people were saying about XP nerfs and what has transpired here.

Solo mob grinding did not get nerfed. Group content did. So basically you can either solo quest or solo grind up to 50.  Solo grinding is the fastest.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQxojWRpayY

and again, that is not how you should play an elder scrolls game.

not the single player parts OR the online game.

you sir, are doing it wrong. totaly.

and yes obviously that one above played skyrim before, anyway... i guess you got my point. not all games are meant to be rushed.

you can either enjoy the rides in a funpark, or rush em all through and leave again. guess who has more fun :>

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• LisaFlexy22LisaFlexy22 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    Cool story - I have 16 hours logged so far and am level 7.  Glad those level 50's really took the time to enjoy the game and all it has to offer :P 
  • askdabossaskdaboss Member UncommonPosts: 631

I don't understand why people are complaining about this person, when we should be saluting his performance.

And I very much doubt someone who rush for a world first to max level will complain about the lack of content, etc. It just is part of the achievement to skip a lot of content, so they know what they are doing of course.

If anything, I prefer games that are not just about "levels" as such (GW2 was "clever about it" I suppose), so I find it rather "reassuring" that max level isn't the ultimate goal of the game... Well. That's assuming a player at max level will still be challenged while exploring.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

That surprises me as well. For a day's worth of playing I got to level 11.

Now, having said that, I do explore a bit, have been working on blacksmithing, etc.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by askdaboss

I don't understand why people are complaining about this person, when we should be saluting his performance.

And I very much doubt someone who rush for a world first to max level will complain about the lack of content, etc. It just is part of the achievement to skip a lot of content, so they know what they are doing of course.

Yeah these types of players already saw all the content in beta while they planned out their levelling strategy.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

If this is ture they are following a set path as the above guy said worked out in Beta. Maybe as a group which allows you to take on higher level quests and so on.

But if you want to miss the virtual world, miss the crafting, having a chat with your guildies, spot of roleplaying and so on that up to you. No proof though so just regarding it as a rumour for now.

• seafirexseafirex Member UncommonPosts: 419
    Originally posted by evilastro
    Originally posted by askdaboss

Yeah these types of players already saw all the content in beta while they planned out their levelling strategy.

There is a very good chance also they did not reported the issue because they found it also. We call that exploiters. They will find exploit but not report them so they gain a advantage on other players.

Now if Zenimax is smart they will have logs of what those said players did and they could analyze that and figure it out and patch the exploit and ban them for good. Because trust me even made easy a mmorpg can not be level to max in 1 day without exploit, otherwise it is a multiplayer game. There is no way out of this, and don't try to justify how it can be done no mmorpg was made to level in 1 day even most easy 1 out there can not be done that way.

And finally report the players so that it can be look at by the dev in-game. Otherwise your letting them get away with it. or report them in the game forum if enough complains Zenimax will look at the issue.

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316

Wait... He's not VR10?

Nothing to see here, folks. Move along.