Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Congratulations to Zenimax

Comments

• DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 8,523Member Uncommon

I ran into some issues - detailed them here:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/6265170/Few-bumps-I-ran-into-so-far.html#6265170

But much better than your typical launch. 

Not too bad.

• AmjocoAmjoco Layton, UTPosts: 4,778Member Uncommon
    OP exactly!  I don't want to go to bed. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• ThornrageThornrage Eastern North CarolinaPosts: 592Member Uncommon

Great first day!

"I don't give a sh*t what other people say. I play what I like and I'll pay to do it too!" - SerialMMOist

• DoushiDoushi TamperePosts: 96Member
    Originally posted by PsychoticHamster
    The only problem is that ESO hasn't technically launched yet. The only people playing are those who pre-ordered directly from Zenimax, everyone else is waiting for Tuesday. I'd wait until then to see how well everything works out.

this is not correct, I preordered from Greenman gaming, and I got 5 day headstart.

mmorpg.com, the 4chan of mmo forums.

• EntinerintEntinerint brooklyn, NYPosts: 843Member Uncommon
    My mind was blown by how smooth this went.  Not a single hiccup or problem for me.
  • BrixonBrixon Myrtle Beach, SCPosts: 259Member

Gratz Zenimax, I sense epic times ahead.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Belleville, ONPosts: 1,108Member
    Originally posted by Brixon

Gratz Zenimax, I sense epic times ahead.

+1 same here

• TalemireTalemire Clearwater, FLPosts: 756Member
    Cheers to a job well done! :-) Thoroughly enjoying the game so far.

------------------------------
    MMORPGs are great to look forward to after a hard day of work, but heaven is the ultimate reward for those who live Christ-like.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Algo Star SystemPosts: 651Member Uncommon

Not to be the negative nancy, there ARE a few bugs present (spawning bugs) that were in beta that are STILL present. There are still the intermittent lag spikes/freezes. As well as the melee bug where hits don't register.  Outside of that everything has been kosher, but it's disappointing that beta bugs (which are attached to main quest lines) are still present.

Just a counterpoint to the oozing praise.  Take it with a grain of salt. Hopefully everything will get fixed by actual launch day.

• GravargGravarg Harker Heights, TXPosts: 3,332Member Uncommon
    I was really expecting a day full of disconnects and quick fix patches, but this has been really good.  I haven't had any lag, bugs or anything at all :D
  • DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 8,523Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by FlyByKnight

Not to be the negative nancy, there ARE a few bugs present (spawning bugs) that were in beta that are STILL present. There are still the intermittent lag spikes/freezes. As well as the melee bug where hits don't register.  Outside of that everything has been kosher, but it's disappointing that beta bugs (which are attached to main quest lines) are still present.

Just a counterpoint to the oozing praise.  Take it with a grain of salt. Hopefully everything will get fixed by actual launch day.

Let me guess - you must be playing EP - as that's where I found 4 bugged quests in Stonefalls alone :/

• TedgerTedger HelsinkiPosts: 20Member

Heh.. weird day for me... was kinda expecting difficulties in logging in or lag.

Start launcher... no problem, I had game pre-updated.

Launch game... surely now there would be some problems... titles.. no problems

Charater creation.. working well.. hmm.. cant zoom my face.. oh..  no worries, minor thing, could see it well enough (ended having yellow lips for my elf male.. well.. adds character :D ) very small problem (and was with 1st character only)

Create... loading wailing wells(or what ever the tutorial is called) no problems.. at first common zone with other players... loooots ppl, kinda funny seeing all these ppl escaping, bit giggle, but tech worked, no lag or anything.  

Entering Tamriel.. cool.. no problems other than all those not-english ppl spamming zone chat for guilds.. as finnish, I find that annoying.

So.. during my first 11 hours I didnt encounter single problem other that zoom thing in creating my first char.

Smoothest launch for me ever. 

Cant wait to get back from work and back into Tamriel :)

• spidiispidii Bozeman, MTPosts: 68Member
    Fantastic launch! I'm Ebonheart and haven't run into a single issue and am now level 20 having completed every possible quest and gotten every single skyshard I possibly could up to where I am now. I was really hesistant and expecting a rough couple of days but man, it is smooth and I am having so much fun. Great work and a great game thus far.
  • MothanosMothanos ArnhemPosts: 1,860Member Uncommon

Hands down best launch ever...10/10 for Zenimax on that one.

• baphametbaphamet omaha, NEPosts: 2,838Member Uncommon

ive ran into a couple bugs but for an MMO launch it's to be expected.

it's in a lot better shape than beta was , that's for damn sure.

but the stability of the servers? yeah, top notch for an mmo launch IMO

• QuagliaQuaglia PadovaPosts: 60Member

I'm playing AD, European megaserver. 

I've actually met a couple of minor bugs, but a quick relog fixed them all. A very great first day and I can't wait to play again tonight.

Very well done Zenimax, very well done!

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Richmond, VAPosts: 527Member
    DAMN smooth launch so far!!!
  • dcopeukdcopeuk darlingtonPosts: 24Member

Played from 11am till 1am one EP to 6 and one AD to 9 all smooth par one lag out and one crash but nothing more than that and got right back in without trouble, i got the first char face but but worked round it, all in all a great days gamming and didnt want to go , will be logging in as soon as i get home from work.

Great job.

edit time was wrong lol

• SignexSignex BeertaPosts: 80Member Common
    Does the 3 day early acces start after midnight tonight?

• IfrianMMOIfrianMMO BarcelonaPosts: 212Member

I do not plan to play but i am glad that you guys are having a smooth experience.

Have fun!

• HusvikHusvik Somewhere, ONPosts: 440Member

Feels like it's been running for months it was so smooth.

Turns out it's a pretty amazing game/mmo, i can honestly say i'm hooked, i'm freaking hooked on it.

I was kinda going to hold out for Free to Play, but... i can't express how glad my kids talked me into playing. Now i'm not so sure it'll go free to play and i really don't care as long as the game servers are on i'll be playing this baby, and will continue to sub. I think it might be that the lonely Elder Scrolls world is now populated, don't know not going to analyze it, having to much fun to care, all i know it clicks for me.

Well you know i'm spending time with the kids, but the kids stopped playing hours ago, OH so they did. lol

• ReticulataReticulata Greenville, SCPosts: 93Member

I agree. Best launch I have seen. I logged right into main server at 6 am, not even 1 disconnect all day. Playing on high and ultra setting and I don't even remember lagging 1 single time so far.

The only thing I ran into was some remaining quest bugs that required many relogs, but nothing like beta.

I give the launch an A- compared to all other launches I have seen.

SOE changes name to Daybreak games, cause dey break games.
  • killion81killion81 A City, MIPosts: 985Member Uncommon
    I wonder how the servers will hold up when the majority of the load hits them at the 3 day head start and actual release date.
  • sgelsgel HeraklionPosts: 1,081Member Uncommon

So have we all agree a 5-day headstart is a launch now?

Is the 3-day headstart also a launch?

What about the actual launch?

I think we should call the Guiness Book of Records and register ESO as the only game that's ever had 3 successful launches in one week.

:D

..Cake..

• ArndushArndush Dallas, TXPosts: 303Member
    As others have stated, I've had a few bugged quests. But, logging out/in has taken care of that. Mostly, I think it was from a few hundred thousand people trying to do the same quest at roughly the same time. Made it to level 10 yesterday so, I'll be joining my guild in my first foray into Cyrodill tonight. I'm really looking forward to that.