Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Why are you still waiting?

2456

Comments

  • Romulan78Romulan78 Tampa, FLPosts: 97Member
    Originally posted by delete5230
    Originally posted by jesad

    HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! That was AWESOME!!  You guys crack me up!!!  No, seriously, I'm crying over here!  Plus I spit my coffee all over the screen! 

    Of COURSE you're answer to why you are still waiting would be that you could play it for free in a few months!  I don't know why I didn't think of that.  I'm soooooo stupid LOL.

    You guys rule.  I'm not kidding.  You slay me.   Whew!.......I gotta get a hold of myself after that.  Snot running all over the place from laughing so hard and whatnot.

    So yeah......

     

    OP, If you had been on these forums as of the past two years, You would find that 70% of the posters here are free loaders.

    And the only reason they play mmorpg's is because it's one of the only ways to get games totally free.  All you have to do is bounce from one to another when it becomes time to pay anything !

     

    I'm holding off because my friends and I decided to wait until some bugs are fixed, however I'm not sure if I could wait like they can.....I may take you up on that.

    Not true. Some of us have zero problem paying for a good MMO game, I actually still prefer the subscription model as I was not pleased with how long GW2 kept me interested.

    My issue with Elder Scrolls Online is that I am a sandbox MMO fan and just cannot get into a theme park game again. I am sure some others feel the same way.

    By no means am I saying its a bad game, in fact from what I hear its a very good game just not my style.

     

    image

    Marksman/Bladedancer/Saboteur
  • tet666tet666 cfgvbfdgPosts: 126Member
    Originally posted by Romulan78
    Originally posted by delete5230
    Originally posted by jesad

    HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! That was AWESOME!!  You guys crack me up!!!  No, seriously, I'm crying over here!  Plus I spit my coffee all over the screen! 

    Of COURSE you're answer to why you are still waiting would be that you could play it for free in a few months!  I don't know why I didn't think of that.  I'm soooooo stupid LOL.

    You guys rule.  I'm not kidding.  You slay me.   Whew!.......I gotta get a hold of myself after that.  Snot running all over the place from laughing so hard and whatnot.

    So yeah......

     

    OP, If you had been on these forums as of the past two years, You would find that 70% of the posters here are free loaders.

    And the only reason they play mmorpg's is because it's one of the only ways to get games totally free.  All you have to do is bounce from one to another when it becomes time to pay anything !

     

    I'm holding off because my friends and I decided to wait until some bugs are fixed, however I'm not sure if I could wait like they can.....I may take you up on that.

    Not true. Some of us have zero problem paying for a good MMO game, I actually still prefer the subscription model as I was not pleased with how long GW2 kept me interested.

    My issue with Elder Scrolls Online is that I am a sandbox MMO fan and just cannot get into a theme park game again. I am sure some others feel the same way.

    By no means am I saying its a bad game, in fact from what I hear its a very good game just not my style.

     

    This i mean this game would have made the ultimate sandbox mmo the sp games allrdy where very sandboxy why they played it safe and made it a themepark is rly beyond me.

  • AvanahAvanah Posts: 945Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Sajman01
    Because I can wait 3 months then play it for free.

    And then you woke up.

    TGIF...Thank God I'm Female

    "My Fantasy is having two men at once...
    One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

  • JinxysJinxys TinkerTownPosts: 393Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by jesad

    Did you know that the digital download of the regular pre-order version came with 5 day access?

    Don't believe me?  Go Look.

    Buy your game directly from Zenimax and play right freaking now.  No codes to wait for, update is instant.  If you are patched you  can pop right over and log right in.

    I'm loving the game ! I got my early access and currently in game enjoying myself <3 Glad i didn't delete the beta client. I just patched up and was in !

  • BigdaddyxBigdaddyx California, WAPosts: 1,985Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

     

     

     

     

    There is not going to be any f2p any time soon....   

    People say that exact same thing with every p2p game that releases..  Good luck :)  I really do hope it stays sub based.

    The game won't go f2p imho. Reason is it has such a huge fanbase and is a great game. Sure, there will be a lot of people who quit after the first month, every game has that, but it will still hold a huge niche base of players. FFXIV:ARR is a good example of this. 

    Anyway, I will definitely pay the sub for this game. Once the curious players leave, and the hardcore ES players are left, it will be worth every penny. 

    FFXIV ARR has in house publishers and investors.

    Is that the same for ESO? by the way even YOSHI is open to F2P and is considering F2P as an option.

    Huge fanbase and a great game..two things which has never stopped a MMO going F2P befoe. You guys need to touch base with reality and never say never.

  • MardukkMardukk Posts: 1,556Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Bulldoze

    People hoping a game will fail financially so they have to convert to F2P are honestly the worst type of person

    Stop being such scruffy little twats and support the industry. How can games get better / survive if you refuse to pay for them?

    Companies pours millions and spend years developing these games and you won't even pay for it. You're spitting in the face of the entire industry and the playerbase that supports devs and games they like.

    Simply put, fuck off

     

    Woah bud.  I'm hesitating buying this game because it is just another no freedom, no risk reward themepark.  The same style of game that has been released over and over for the past 10 years.  Considering the single player game was more of an open world experience, I can see why many would not care to "support" another linear forced questing MMO.

     

  • Pratt2112Pratt2112 Mt marion, NYPosts: 1,534Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

    Originally posted by Sajman01
    Because I can wait 3 months then play it for free.

    Originally posted by delete5230

    Originally posted by jesad

    HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! That was AWESOME!!  You guys crack me up!!!  No, seriously, I'm crying over here!  Plus I spit my coffee all over the screen! 

    Of COURSE you're answer to why you are still waiting would be that you could play it for free in a few months!  I don't know why I didn't think of that.  I'm soooooo stupid LOL.

    You guys rule.  I'm not kidding.  You slay me.   Whew!.......I gotta get a hold of myself after that.  Snot running all over the place from laughing so hard and whatnot.

    So yeah......

     

    OP, If you had been on these forums as of the past two years, You would find that 70% of the posters here are free loaders.

    And the only reason they play mmorpg's is because it's one of the only ways to get games totally free.  All you have to do is bounce from one to another when it becomes time to pay anything !

     

    I'm holding off because my friends and I decided to wait until some bugs are fixed, however I'm not sure if I could wait like they can.....I may take you up on that.

     

    Well, with the upcomming console release, and the fact that is the first true AAA MMO developed for consoles...

     

    those freeloaders might be surprised, the fact of a real MMO on consoles alone and the game being high quallity will make this game the most succesfull MMO since WoW..   If the quallity is right, people willpay for a game..  And so far the enthralling immersiveness of the game seems to work for a whole truckload of people..

     

    There is not going to be any f2p any time soon....   

    FFXI was launched on Playstation 2 in 2002.  It was launched on XBox 360 in 2006. 

    FFXIV is already on PS3, and will be releasd on PS4 very soon (if it's not already).

    ESO is, by far, not the first AAA MMO to be launched on Console.

    You're a little late to the party there :p

  • BigdaddyxBigdaddyx California, WAPosts: 1,985Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by tet666
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

     

     

     

     

    There is not going to be any f2p any time soon....   

    People say that exact same thing with every p2p game that releases..  Good luck :)  I really do hope it stays sub based.

     

    Well they need to justify the money they spend on it somehow for them self,  just remember the drama with the lifetimers in LOTRO and TSW after they anounced the f2p move it was glorious.

    This and and unreasonable hate for F2P so they stick thumbs in their ears and go lalalalal!!

  • amber-ramber-r londonPosts: 323Member

    I won't be playing this game but if anyone thinks this game will go f2p before a year you're being silly.

     

    Even star wars took 11 months to go f2p, the whole point of going f2p from p2p is to have a 2nd launch of the game.  Doing so after 3 months would be extremely silly, launching as p2p is mainly to make money from box sales and the p2p audience before they get bored. 

  • BulldozeBulldoze ManchesterPosts: 115Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Mardukk
    Originally posted by Bulldoze

    People hoping a game will fail financially so they have to convert to F2P are honestly the worst type of person

    Stop being such scruffy little twats and support the industry. How can games get better / survive if you refuse to pay for them?

    Companies pours millions and spend years developing these games and you won't even pay for it. You're spitting in the face of the entire industry and the playerbase that supports devs and games they like.

    Simply put, fuck off

     

    Woah bud.  I'm hesitating buying this game because it is just another no freedom, no risk reward themepark.  The same style of game that has been released over and over for the past 10 years.  Considering the single player game was more of an open world experience, I can see why many would not care to "support" another linear forced questing MMO.

     

    Well then I wasn't directing it at you was I?

    "People hoping a game will fail financially "

    I strictly mean people who are crossing their fingers hoping for a flop, not people who are on-the-fence or reluctant to buy, as I often fit into that category. I'm not reluctant to part ways with money to support something I intend on playing though.

     I've seen people say things like "the game is good but I'll wait for it to go f2p"

    That mentality is so weird to me. Oh yeah wait for half the studio to get laid off and quality content to slow down before you'll play. Imagine if everyone had that mindset, games would cease to exist entirely

    I am the Arch-fiend, the Despoiler of Worlds, and by my hands shall the false Emperor fall.

  • tallfellatallfella birminghamPosts: 9Member
    It will be free to play at some point in the games life cycle, we gamer's know that, the dev's at Zenimax know that ( that's why they included a cash shop right from the start ) and the guys who run sites like this know that. Plus there are so many fantasy games out there already i just don't need another one taking up space on my hard drive. Also i played the beta and the game looked to me a lot like   AOC ( a game that came out in 2008 ) with the same old fetch and kill quests. That's why i wont be spending any of my hard earned on it.
  • NadiaNadia Canonsburg, PAPosts: 11,866Member Common
    Originally posted by Bloodaxes

    And FFXIV: ARR which had a control scheme dedicated completely to using controllers WHICH didn't have the excuse of not being able to use many skills on a hotbar because it WORKS.

    gamers often overlook console mmos - FFXI and FFXIV

     

    Square also allows PC and Console to play on the same servers -- unlike any other mmo company

  • klash2defklash2def Posts: 283Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by amber-r

    I won't be playing this game but if anyone thinks this game will go f2p before a year you're being silly.

     

    Even star wars took 11 months to go f2p, the whole point of going f2p from p2p is to have a 2nd launch of the game.  Doing so after 3 months would be extremely silly.

    i usually laugh when people say things that makes no sense. for instance: "new mmo will go f2p in 3 months" LOL people man i tell you.. smh

    Angry Chicken
  • IfrianMMOIfrianMMO BarcelonaPosts: 212Member

    The first mmo developed for consoles?

    Phantasy Star Online was on the Dreamcast, Gamecube and Xbox around 1999/2000 and up to 2006 and was one of the best online experiences money could afford at that point on any given consoles, and in general.

     

    image
  • amber-ramber-r londonPosts: 323Member
    Originally posted by IfrianMMO

    The first mmo developed for consoles?

    Phantasy Star Online was on the Dreamcast, Gamecube and Xbox around 1999/2000 and up to 2006 and was one of the best online experiences money could afford at that point on any given consoles, and in general.

     

    PSO wasn't really an mmo.

     

     

  • IfrianMMOIfrianMMO BarcelonaPosts: 212Member
    Originally posted by amber-r
    Originally posted by IfrianMMO

    The first mmo developed for consoles?

    Phantasy Star Online was on the Dreamcast, Gamecube and Xbox around 1999/2000 and up to 2006 and was one of the best online experiences money could afford at that point on any given consoles, and in general.

     

    PSO wasn't really an mmo.

     

     

    Yes, yes it was.

    Massive= Check

    Multi player= check

    Online = Check

    Role Playing Game = Check

    And it is considered so by pretty much every gaming site or online encyclopedia.

     

    image
  • zevni78zevni78 grimsbyPosts: 1,133Member Uncommon

    Those thinking it will go f2p in a few months are missing that all those mmos that had to reluctantly convert to f2p within 2 yrs, such as AoC, SWTOR, Rift, etc all had flaws that prevented a stable player base contributing enough subs as EVE does.  I went into in an earlier vid, but apart from Zenimax's incompetent marketing department, the game itself has no major flaw, just lots of little ones, that amount to deal breaking for many of the more dedicated TESO fans, but may not be enough to significantly  lower the broader player numbers come sub renewal time. They have enough content, they have non tedious combat, they have the pvp, and some nice endgame planned. They are not making the same mistakes Bioware made with SWTOR, they are making different ones, and we have no where near enough data to make confident predictions of failure.

     

    Oh, and its the first AAA western fantasy mmoRPG to come out on consoles, so everyone is partly right. (no I don't count EQOA)

  • Moar61Moar61 Miramichi, NBPosts: 259Member

    I won't force the game on anyone else, and it's always good to remain skeptical at some level.

     

    But so far, I have had lots and lots of fun with this game. Totally sucked into the world. Will it go f2p down the road? I dunno. I will simply continue to play until I no longer have any fun. 

  • darker70darker70 stokePosts: 813Member

    OP

    I'm very tempted I was holding out for Archeage but after trying the Russian Beta the combat is so generic compared to ESO,one fact Archeage is the next big thing because most people like that tab combat which bores the crap out of me but ESO will gain that niche crowd who want something different AA is for the mass market sheeple.

    Some of the stuff in AA is so unique but that does not make up for the combat which to me is lacking any of the ESO dodge roll,block counter moves which puts ESO way ahead on combat now if we had ESO combat In AA that would be Mo Heaven and my only hope of a true fantasy Mo after ESO now falls to Black Desert but that is yonks away so I think ESO will keep me happy for quite some time to come if I do buy it that is.

     

    image

  • KaputzyKaputzy ManchesterPosts: 82Member
    Originally posted by jesad

    HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! That was AWESOME!!  You guys crack me up!!!  No, seriously, I'm crying over here!  Plus I spit my coffee all over the screen! 

    Of COURSE you're answer to why you are still waiting would be that you could play it for free in a few months!  I don't know why I didn't think of that.  I'm soooooo stupid LOL.

    You guys rule.  I'm not kidding.  You slay me.   Whew!.......I gotta get a hold of myself after that.  Snot running all over the place from laughing so hard and whatnot.

    So yeah......

     

     

    The question is, why aren't you playing the game instead of posting on this board?

     

    Can't be that good hey?

     

    I'll pass like the rest, but thanks for the info.

  • BigdaddyxBigdaddyx California, WAPosts: 1,985Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by darker70

    OP

    I'm very tempted I was holding out for Archeage but after trying the Russian Beta the combat is so generic compared to ESO,one fact Archeage is the next big thing because most people like that tab combat which bores the crap out of me but ESO will gain that niche crowd who want something different AA is for the mass market sheeple.

    Some of the stuff in AA is so unique but that does not make up for the combat which to me is lacking any of the ESO dodge roll,block counter moves which puts ESO way ahead on combat now if we had ESO combat In AA that would be Mo Heaven and my only hope of a true fantasy Mo after ESO now falls to Black Desert but that is yonks away so I think ESO will keep me happy for quite some time to come if I do buy it that is.

     

    What about Repopulation combat? i am asking because you seem to be backer for kickstarter.

    I honestly don't care for combat. For me features and content is the king. A good combat alone can not carry a MMO for example Tera.

    If you are passing on AA just for combat its your loss then because AA has amazing amount of features. 

  • zevianzevian toledo, OHPosts: 401Member Uncommon
    Ill grab it when its 30 ish bucks, and the bugs have bee ironed out, and the people who want to grief have moved on.
  • LostarLostar Johnstown, PAPosts: 901Member
    You're not counting EQOA?!! BLASPHEMER!!
  • darker70darker70 stokePosts: 813Member
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx
    Originally posted by darker70

    OP

    I'm very tempted I was holding out for Archeage but after trying the Russian Beta the combat is so generic compared to ESO,one fact Archeage is the next big thing because most people like that tab combat which bores the crap out of me but ESO will gain that niche crowd who want something different AA is for the mass market sheeple.

    Some of the stuff in AA is so unique but that does not make up for the combat which to me is lacking any of the ESO dodge roll,block counter moves which puts ESO way ahead on combat now if we had ESO combat In AA that would be Mo Heaven and my only hope of a true fantasy Mo after ESO now falls to Black Desert but that is yonks away so I think ESO will keep me happy for quite some time to come if I do buy it that is.

     

    What about Repopulation combat? i am asking because you seem to be backer for kickstarter.

    I honestly don't care for combat. For me features and content is the king. A good combat alone can not carry a MMO for example Tera.

    If you are passing on AA just for combat its your loss then because AA has amazing amount of features. 

    Regarding Repop that is Sci-Fi,so did not mention it and as I Kickstarted it over 2 years ago have been with AB Tech from near day one if you go to the forums search my name check my handle colour and say no more there you go.

    And yes AA has an amazing extra amount of features but the main focus is leveling a toon and if that is through generic button mashing and combat that to me has not progressed from the basic formula from the dreaded W word,then no thanks I'd rather have less features but a more enjoyable play experience than all the bells and whistles thanks very much.

    image

  • BigdaddyxBigdaddyx California, WAPosts: 1,985Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by darker70
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx
    Originally posted by darker70

    OP

    I'm very tempted I was holding out for Archeage but after trying the Russian Beta the combat is so generic compared to ESO,one fact Archeage is the next big thing because most people like that tab combat which bores the crap out of me but ESO will gain that niche crowd who want something different AA is for the mass market sheeple.

    Some of the stuff in AA is so unique but that does not make up for the combat which to me is lacking any of the ESO dodge roll,block counter moves which puts ESO way ahead on combat now if we had ESO combat In AA that would be Mo Heaven and my only hope of a true fantasy Mo after ESO now falls to Black Desert but that is yonks away so I think ESO will keep me happy for quite some time to come if I do buy it that is.

     

    What about Repopulation combat? i am asking because you seem to be backer for kickstarter.

    I honestly don't care for combat. For me features and content is the king. A good combat alone can not carry a MMO for example Tera.

    If you are passing on AA just for combat its your loss then because AA has amazing amount of features. 

    Regarding Repop that is Sci-Fi,so did not mention it and as I Kickstarted it over 2 years ago have been with AB Tech from near day one if you go to the forums search my name check my handle colour and say no more there you go.

    And yes AA has an amazing extra amount of features but the main focus is leveling a toon and if that is through generic button mashing and combat that to me has not progressed from the basic formula from the dreaded W word,then no thanks I'd rather have less features but a more enjoyable play experience than all the bells and whistles thanks very much.

    I just wanted to know if Repopulation combat is similar to ESO or AA. ;)

Sign In or Register to comment.