Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All nice and dandy, enjoying the game, except...

Comments

• ilivesilives Member Posts: 418
    Originally posted by Nebell

Except that completely retarded, amateurish (in 2014!) move to ONLY have first character receive bonuses from preorder/imperial edition.

No warning whatsoever at the release (the message you get now doesn't count, at least for me).

They better fcking set up a retreival one day in the VERY NEAR future, because I'm having that stuff back.

That's not true, items can be transferred.

Having the bonus for each new character would be idiotic as you would have an infinite amount of them via rerolls.

Try reading the entire in game "Bonus Mail" next time, it was pretty clear. 

"WARNING:  The attached is a one-time redeemable item. To give to another character...."

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Originally posted by ilives

Except that completely retarded, amateurish (in 2014!) move to ONLY have first character receive bonuses from preorder/imperial edition.

No warning whatsoever at the release (the message you get now doesn't count, at least for me).

They better fcking set up a retreival one day in the VERY NEAR future, because I'm having that stuff back.

Having the bonus for each new character would be idiotic as you would have an infinite amount of them via rerolls.

Every mmorpg I've played where I gained some CE or preorder stuff let me claim them for every new character, there's nothing idiotic about that, it's how it should be.

Why the hell is it idiotic in your opinion anyway? It does not matter even if you reroll thousands characters because these extra items cannot be sold to vendors so there's no possible exploit for ingame gold or whatever you are assuming here.

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

Love the game, but this does piss me off.  I had no idea until now that these claim items are for one character only.  That's something SOE would do, and yes claim items for only 1 character is old school, back when companies were a lot more anal.   This is the first thumbs down, and strike 1 for me with this company.

Anyways, rant over, back to playing the game.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

Originally posted by Kuinn

Every mmorpg I've played where I gained some CE or preorder stuff let me claim them for every new character, there's nothing idiotic about that, it's how it should be.

Why the hell is it idiotic in your opinion anyway? It does not matter even if you reroll thousands characters because these extra items cannot be sold to vendors so there's no possible exploit for ingame gold or whatever you are assuming here.

What does "other games" have to do with ESo?

The treasure maps and increased shared XP would exploited!

• Big.Daddy.SamediBig.Daddy.Samedi Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Well the bank thing doesn't cover everything, it doesn't cover the rings of mara.... :( I was going to remake, but now not so much.

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    The warning popped up on the patcher for me and i was like 'wtf'. But i am glad i read it.
    Originally posted by Whitebeards
    The warning popped up on the patcher for me and i was like 'wtf'. But i am glad i read it.

It's also the first line in the in-game mail.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by Whitebeards

It's also the first line in the in-game mail.

8 Imperial horses aren't enough ? 4 account bound pets?,,,,and warned at least three times about getting the items in the mail for the first character ?

• ArkainArkain Member UncommonPosts: 491
    Originally posted by Arrogant_Wormy
    Well the bank thing doesn't cover everything, it doesn't cover the rings of mara.... :( I was going to remake, but now not so much.

The rings can be gained in game by everyone, its just you will need to do a quest

• EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868

You morons you can bank items and hand them to your other characters.

God people just flip the fuck out over everything don't they?

It has to do with standards. All of a sudden this one game walks into the room, thinks it's something special, and goes rogue while pissing a lot of people off. It would be different if they gave warning up front "btw you can have this stuff only for 1 character unlike every other game" so at least people would know.

Originally posted by Entinerint

Hahah..like you are flipping out right now? take it easy no need for name calling.

The warnings starting appear quite later on till then a lot already deleted their characters.

Originally posted by Ramonski7

What a dumb thing to do to your players. Really? No account rewards across all created characters for said account? Just what are they hinting at here? Only games that expect you to buy more stuff do this kind of thing. I've seen it before in most games that have cash shops. I really hope they hotfix this "oversight".

On second thought now that I think about them selling a horse, it makes perfect sense that they would want you to buy one for each character you create, more money that way. Carry on.

But that's not the case you get as many horses as you need @ 1 gold apiece

It has to do with standards. All of a sudden this one game walks into the room, thinks it's something special, and goes rogue while pissing a lot of people off. It would be different if they gave warning up front "btw you can have this stuff only for 1 character unlike every other game" so at least people would know.

Reading for the win ,,,,I'm quite happy with a 1 gold horse for every character ...actually seems like the best deal I have ever had for a mount

Originally posted by Entinerint

Guess you can never have enough hand holding for the theme park crowd.

There is a warning on the patcher and in the item mail. How many warnings do you need?

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

There is a warning on the patcher and in the item mail. How many warnings do you need?

I don't think it's a matter of warning as much as it's a matter of "WTF only one redeem on things someone paid xtra for?". Warning or not I'd still ask that question. It would be my first thought as I read the message.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• StilerStiler Member Posts: 599

It just simply makes NO SENSE why they did this.

It should be account bound and sent to every single new character you make (It's not like you can trade/sell the items or anything).

The only thing it does by making it one-use only is:

1. More work for zenimax having to deal with everyone that deleted their characters with that on them.

2. Frustrating as hell for peple that accidentally delete it.

3. Punishes alt players who'd like to use pets, etc by forcing themt o constnatly shuffle it around.

Seriously, name me ONE single good reason for making the items only for your first character? There isn't one.

Originally posted by Distopia

I don't think it's a matter of warning as much as it's a matter of "WTF only one redeem on things someone paid xtra for?". Warning or not I'd still ask that question. It would be my first thought as I read the message.

The warning appeared quite later on though. As if Zenimax suddenly woke up and found that players are losing stuff after deleting characters. Sadly damage was done till then.

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785
    You guys should not be worried. I'm pretty sure after some time you'll be able to buy same items for every single character from cash shop.
    Originally posted by Bad.dog

Reading for the win ,,,,I'm quite happy with a 1 gold horse for every character ...actually seems like the best deal I have ever had for a mount

I cant read what's about to be written in the future. Now that we are in the said future I know that I can buy horses for 1g a piece, ty.

I need only one warning, when I'm about to preorder the game for the said bonuses. I did not get any warnings, not one.

• Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234

it's like stealing candy from a baby only in this case the baby knows how to type.

How long until we all get our heads screwed on right and reject this pure disrespect for the relationship we as the consuming gamer and they as the producing developer have for each other???

Gamers they don't care about consequences they just see the light at the end of the tunnel and take off running, nevermind that pit of venomous snakes I've fallen into, whoa? what? a pit of snakes?

• RegomarRegomar Member Posts: 122

I really can't imagine how anyone can defend this kind of behavior.  I mean, Im one of those guys who's been accused of being a fanboy I love Elder Scrolls so much. 

EVERY MMO I've played that had pre-order bonuses has sent them to every new characters.  It's the norm and it's expected.  We were NOT warned about this when we made our purchase.  It's really like a kick in the nuts for supporting this game and Im exceedingly not happy as an Imperial edition customer. 

• PulsarManPulsarMan Member Posts: 289

I'm sure it's been said...but they're working on a fix. 

Or, just make a ticket, and you'll get your items back. https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/ask/