Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you think ESO is "The one MMO You Will Need"? If so, say so.

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Many of us been searching for that one new MMO that will be our new main MMO for ages to come.

I dont want to seem like I am trying to glorify Elder Scrolls Online.

But who here thinks Elder Scrolls Online may finally be that one true MMO that can be your top MMO for the ages to come?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146
    I can't think of any other themepark I'd rather play, so yes, other than all those sandboxes coming this is the mmo i need.
  • FoobarxFoobarx Member Posts: 451

ESO will last for 30 days, exactly the amount of free time you get with the game... maybe one additional month, to span the gap until Wildstar releases...

• Yodi2007Yodi2007 Member Posts: 167
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

Many of us been searching for that one new MMO that will be our new main MMO for ages to come.

But who here thinks Elder Scrolls Online may finally be that one true MMO that can be your top MMO for the ages to come?

I think I'm either burnt out or highly dissappointed in every MMO since FFXI/WoW vanilla!

Below is where we can disscuss and come up with new ideas for Sandparks!

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5164689#5164689

• SoraksisSoraksis Member UncommonPosts: 294
    No, but this is the MMO that will get me by till the one I am waiting for releases.
  • WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    I am having a blast playing the game but nope its nothing special and will keep me busy for couple of month atleast.
  • NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392

I'm having fun at the moment. To me that's all that counts. I have no idea if I will keep having fun as it depends on changes, nerfs, content updates etc. etc......

I'm just gonna enjoy the game and not dtress if this is "THE ONE"

• Brisky29Brisky29 Member Posts: 65
    Its the first time in probably 10 years that I have played an mmo that has had the immersion factor this one is having on me. Could be a case of it hitting me at the right time, idk, but I'm loving every moment.
  • KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103

Its,  supercalifragilisticexpialidocious  Indubitably!
    <--- This is how I feel about this game!

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Garbage game, so no.
  • superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871

One of the best mmos of late to come out, that's for sure.

As for "the only mmo", I doubt that. There's so many exciting projects on the horizon- EQNext, Star Citizen, etc.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    only if ESO is first mmo what have to play
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    Originally posted by Yodi2007
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

I think I'm either burnt out or highly dissappointed in every MMO since FFXI/WoW vanilla!

Or your like me and just tired of playing the same game over and over with a new skin.   some people say that is being burnt out, i call it lack of options and creativity in the market.

• AbardomasAbardomas Member Posts: 159

Yup it will be the first one I play to top level and keep playing long after that

• ApollosWillApollosWill Member UncommonPosts: 82
    "SO"
  • v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Well this thread turned into a back-slap  lol

Witty & Wicked >:)

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600
    I wouldn't play this POS if you paid me (Okay well I would if it was at least $20/hr, but I would still hate my job) so no would be my answer to the original question.

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

• NodboNNodboN Member UncommonPosts: 50

still on the wall. tho many a time i almost gave in. but really f2p has been keeping me mmo stringed out well enough not to buy anything coming out this year.

my personal plan is to save money as much as possible till 2015 or early 2014 then buy the oculus rift, upgrade pc to high end specs, and wait for the awesome VR mmos to come out or an Rpg. even whatever the content of the first AAA game built around the device gives me i wont care just as long as it looks great and feels great to play. only then will  the end all be all mmo show up for me. (well till we have bci's and such to give real control of characters)

• TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839

If it outdoes the sandboxes that are coming out on the horizon, then yes, absolutely. ESO has a lot to offer even at release, and with its lore has the capability to comfortably expand for years and years. The only thing holding it back is the fact that it is a themepark. However, it's a themepark done very, very well.

If these upcoming sandboxes have sub-par combat, visuals, and character depth, then that's enough for to ESO come out on top for me.

Isaiah 41:10
  • WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386

Will def be playing this game for years to come! I'm just PO'd because I pre-ordered the game from lousy Wal-Mart and only getting 3 days early access. Just built pretty much a new computer for this game an I can't Freakin wait to dive in. Been downloading teso for like 3 days now. Well that and been downloading The Secret World just to see if this system can run that at max settings. Guess what The Secret World runs great with all settings maxed so Again I can't wait to see how it runs TESO!

I can't Freakin wait till Tuesday morning, oh wait I get off work @ 2 AM  wtf? AAaarrgh! This is gonna kill me!

• AvulAvul Member Posts: 196
    For me: Yes! It will be the MMO I'm playing for years to come. Hadn't have so much fun for a long time.. :)

Elite: Dangerous - Space Exploration & Trading.

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

In all honesty, and nothing against TESO, but its getting such awesome reviews, but being a themepark, with no very little endgame other then PVP most ppl will quit this much sooner then they think.

Same goes  for Wildstar, all these games have very little substance.  We will see a lot of MMO game hoping until someone finally puts effort in making a real game with some depth and a reason to play. 

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by Talemire

If it outdoes the sandboxes that are coming out on the horizon, then yes, absolutely. ESO has a lot to offer even at release, and with its lore has the capability to comfortably expand for years and years. The only thing holding it back is the fact that it is a themepark. However, it's a themepark done very, very well.

If these upcoming sandboxes have sub-par combat, visuals, and character depth, then that's enough for to ESO come out on top for me.

I think the only way for a modern themepark to out last a sandbox would be to add sandboxy content, which is not in the works for TESO (that I'm aware of).  It does have a lot roleplay emotes, but no chat bubbles /grumble

Themepark content gets consumed with limited replayability, unfortunately.  The saving grace will be how often new content gets pushed out, which is then contingent on how many customers stay beyond the first 1-3 months, how many dev's get laid off post-launch, and funding diverted into other projects, for example.

ZOS should really have no excuse for not pushing out rapid content, especially since they aren't paying IP royalties.  Problem is the been-there, done-that already feelings :  "Today I single handedly saved the kingdom .. YAY!!" .. same quest, different game .. hrmmpf :/

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

It's a themepark so I doubt, at least for me, it will be "the one true mmo".

Havign said that, I've enjoyed playing it far more than most mmo's I've played.

It's the first mmo where I've actually delved into crafting.

I love the lore and the world.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • GillleanGilllean Member Posts: 169
    One of best mmo released last 7 years
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.