Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All nice and dandy, enjoying the game, except...

NebellNebell Member UncommonPosts: 34

Except that completely retarded, amateurish (in 2014!) move to ONLY have first character receive bonuses from preorder/imperial edition.

No warning whatsoever at the release (the message you get now doesn't count, at least for me).

They better fcking set up a retreival one day in the VERY NEAR future, because I'm having that stuff back.

Edit:

Didn't realize so many didn't know this, but only your FIRST character receives bonus stuff (my case, pet and some other things I didn't pay much attention to). You MUST put that stuff in the bank before you delete that character, or it is lost, since the new characters don't receive those rewards. Hopefully just a temporary thing, but as of now, it's lost forever. 

Comments

• AbardomasAbardomas Member Posts: 159

I think they said it was just first character

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Wow seriously? Sorry, but that sounds like a serious scam. I mean, it costs 30 Euro or so more! Oof. Doesn't really raise my esteem of Zenimax.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    That's kind of......well,.....lame and underhanded.   I hope you really like your first toon OP.  Maybe it's an oversight on their part and something they will change???  I hope so for you guys that paid for that stuff.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• GodOfForbiddenFruitsGodOfForbiddenFruits Member Posts: 52
    Oh crap. Thanks for heads up man, my early access starts on Tuesday. I had a few builds I wanted to try, and I really thought all characters would get the bonuses. Will have to think carefully now D: Sucks, but at least I have a choice now. Thanks.
  • darkheart84darkheart84 Member UncommonPosts: 84
    It's happening.
  • Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530
    Originally posted by rodingo
    That's kind of......well,.....lame and underhanded.   I hope you really like your first toon OP.  Maybe it's an oversight on their part and something they will change???  I hope so for you guys that paid for that stuff.

Wow, that sucks... Your main character will really be your main. What if you delete that toon, are the rewards restored to the next one down the line? I'm thinking it's gotta change; it really would be messed up for ZM to do this.

• XepherdXepherd Member UncommonPosts: 105

Same here...

Didn't even know you had these items only one time, and in fact - didn't even have the time to check the inventory since I re-did my first character on sight to perfect his appearance. Damn, I'm so pissed right now...hating on Zenimax for such bullsh*t. Even TERA / GW2 had this "global" system, where each new reroll got the starting items from your collector purchase.

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

I thought you can put it in the bank and all other characters can use the items aswell.

First I did create a lot of characters with different names and deleted some of them, renamed them.

I still go 2 mails with items i.e. monkey for beta, ring of mara, horse option. What I could not find are treasure maps, the mud crap pet and scuttler vanity pet.

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

Yeah, as much i couldn't care less about the whole "zomg, paywall!" kerfuffle, the news that it's just 1 character that gets bonus seems like a totally dick move, especially given similar promos in other games.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

I think it is gone if you delete that character because in the 'fix' for camera creation zoom in to see the character bug they said not to claim on the throwaway toon.

Chamber of Chains
  • ShaikeShaike Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by Elfahiar

Same here...

Didn't even know you had these items only one time, and in fact - didn't even have the time to check the inventory since I re-did my first character on sight to perfect his appearance. Damn, I'm so pissed right now...hating on Zenimax for such bullsh*t. Even TERA / GW2 had this "global" system, where each new reroll got the starting items from your collector purchase.

WELL

I would open a ticket with their support and explain what happened (in case you actually deleted that toon with everything on it)

AND if they will not return the items - you know where you stand, and you can stop buying from them, demand for a refund and join everyone in WildStar image

Just my 2 cents...

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

Hi everyone! We understand that some of you are having issues zooming into your character's face during character creation. The team is aware, and are working on a fix. As a temporary workaround, you can create a throwaway character, then create a second character where you should be able to zoom into his/her face. Just remember not to redeem any of your Imperial Edition or Explorer's Pack items with your throwaway character!

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/61026/known-issue-unable-to-zoom-into-character-s-face-during-creation/p1

Chamber of Chains
  • DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994
    Treasure maps are one use only
  • TbauTbau Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 401
    Originally posted by Nebell

Except that completely retarded, amateurish (in 2014!) move to ONLY have first character receive bonuses from preorder/imperial edition.

Is serious?!?

• TolmosTolmos Member UncommonPosts: 141

Oh man, so glad I haven't claimed these items yet! I'll leave them in my mail for now...

Thanks for the heads up!

• SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    How do I get the explorers pack? I dont have the pet or treasure map. Some stoopid monkey from beta and the mara crap is all I have. I did make a character but didnt claim anything on him before I deleted him. Nothing explore pack wise was in my in game mail.

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

• ShingetsuShingetsu Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Wow, I'd be extremely pissed if I paid for the imperial edition. I pre-ordered the standard edition. I expected it to be like Tera where you get it for all characters. It's barely worth it if it's for only your first character.
  • alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Originally posted by GodOfForbiddenFruits
    Oh crap. Thanks for heads up man, my early access starts on Tuesday. I had a few builds I wanted to try, and I really thought all characters would get the bonuses. Will have to think carefully now D: Sucks, but at least I have a choice now. Thanks.

Don't know how IE items but maps and pets from standard edition are not bound to character. If you decide to delete your first character just move items to another one and problem solved.

• Mr.WizardMr.Wizard Member UncommonPosts: 243
    Originally posted by Sephros
    How do I get the explorers pack? I dont have the pet or treasure map. Some stoopid monkey from beta and the mara crap is all I have. I did make a character but didnt claim anything on him before I deleted him. Nothing explore pack wise was in my in game mail.

You should get that pack when the game officially launches. Which is on friday.

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Must be a troll... It's year 2014, you can claim all the stuff on all of your characters through some ingame command or menu. It has to be a troll... Frack, then again, I got completely ninja smacked into disbelief by the news that EU servers are located in US. What next? :/ The bullshit keeps piling up, they cant afford this when the game it self is nothing amazing.
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Lol, too funny. Sorry for the people going through this, but I m so glad I hated this game more now.
  • Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

What a dumb thing to do to your players. Really? No account rewards across all created characters for said account? Just what are they hinting at here? Only games that expect you to buy more stuff do this kind of thing. I've seen it before in most games that have cash shops. I really hope they hotfix this "oversight".

On second thought now that I think about them selling a horse, it makes perfect sense that they would want you to buy one for each character you create, more money that way. Carry on.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910

Really low to do this. They charged so much and it is for one character. Kind of happy I waited to buy now.

• ProtuniaProtunia Member Posts: 111

Just reading through the launch posts and checking things out sounds like a typical launch.

But I have to say they had better step up on this and get it fixed right away.

Players getting shafted of their exclusive items is not a good way to start.

• ArkainArkain Member UncommonPosts: 491
    They have said that you put the item in the bank and your other characters may use the items.