Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Congratulations to Zenimax

MorgaurMorgaur Member UncommonPosts: 196

Thank you Zenimax for a great launch and game. I really look forward to play more :) This was probably the best MMO launch in history.

See you again tomorrow

Comments

• Moar61Moar61 Member UncommonPosts: 260
    It was incredibly smooth for me, but I heard a few people here had some problems (still great though). It's only 6pm for me so still got a lot of play time left in the day, just need to get this paper out of the way. 
  • CarnicideCarnicide Member UncommonPosts: 222
    Originally posted by Morgaur

Thank you Zenimax for a great launch and game. I really look forward to play more :) This was probably the best MMO launch in history.

See you again tomorrow

Yes, thank you Zenimax I really enjoy your game. Can't wait to see what the future holds for this title. I know it was really challenging taking on a signal player IP like TES(It really takes guts for this brand), but IMHO you did a very good job turning it into a MMO. 

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

I agree.  Been very impressed with the launch version of the game.  Runs very well, looks great, and I like the direction they took in bringing this IP to an MMO.

Very well done and enjoyable game!

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• RzepRzep Member UncommonPosts: 767
    This is headstart of headstart, not really launch. Most people have the 3 day headstart and will start on Tuesday and of course the release date/weekend surge will be interesting. Heres hoping that it keeps on being smooth.
  • PoisondwarfPoisondwarf Member UncommonPosts: 33

See you again tomorrow

+1.

Smoothest first day I have ever experienced. Normally spend launch days with loads of issues whereas this was very smooth with very few bugs.

• TheAmazingDwarfTheAmazingDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 234
    Yes, it's smooth and it's great! I'm loving it! :)

My FFXIV ARR referral code for new EU accounts: 5JPF7ZQ3
    Step into the amazing world of Eorzea! Use this reference code on a new account and we'll both get goodies for it!

• ShavaKaShavaKa Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Originally posted by Rzep
    This is headstart of headstart, not really launch. Most people have the 3 day headstart and will start on Tuesday and of course the release date/weekend surge will be interesting. Heres hoping that it keeps on being smooth.

They will at least have a heads up to see if anything gets weird, I'll be heading in on the 3 day early access. I think it's a good transition to see how big the load will get and perhaps have a little time to adjust to any potential chaos that might erupt. .

• xXStarstruckXxxXStarstruckXx Member Posts: 23

Amazing game...

had an Amazing first raid in this new game so much funny discussions in teamspeak :D

So thx Zen for making this amazing game but it wont be really that fun in one year running around the map with 40+ clan raid just ''push through drop the bomb''-.-

• Moar61Moar61 Member UncommonPosts: 260
    Originally posted by PsychoticHamster
    The only problem is that ESO hasn't technically launched yet. The only people playing are those who pre-ordered directly from Zenimax, everyone else is waiting for Tuesday. I'd wait until then to see how well everything works out.

Most people actually bought the imperial edition from GMG, all imperial accounts should have gotten 5 days access. Also, a large portion, perhaps larger than the regular edition, purchased the IE (thanks to GMG). I'd expect it to be smooth as it was today.

ZOS were actually pretty smart, opening the game in three different waves. 

The only problem is that ESO hasn't technically launched yet. The only people playing are those who pre-ordered directly from Zenimax, everyone else is waiting for Tuesday. I'd wait until then to see how well everything works out.

Really? The 5 day is only from Zenimax? I thought it was like Bethesda store and some big american stores. In that case...this was a cheap ass tactic...In my country no one sold the game with 5 day headstart and buying it from the official store would mean paying 25% more than from regional stores.

Edit: I read that GMG was also an option. Too bad that a while back it decided that I should pay in British Pounds making GMG the most expensive digital store for me.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549

Thank you Zenimax for a great launch and game. I really look forward to play more :) This was probably the best MMO launch in history.See you again tomorrow

Very good, indeed! Kudos to Zenimax.... and hopefully the true launch will run as smoothly!

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907

See you again tomorrow

I am glad to hear it was a good launch. :)

If the launch is going smooth than maybe us Europeans will actually get a server located in Europe soon.
  • alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Originally posted by Tokken

See you again tomorrow

Very good, indeed! Kudos to Zenimax.... and hopefully the true launch will run as smoothly!

There is a good chance of that. The truth is that when it comes to level 1-10 content I haven't really seen that many ppl around (both cities and out of cities) during the recent stress test events. And it runs really smooth. Very unlike stress tests were I might add.

If the launch is going smooth than maybe us Europeans will actually get a server located in Europe soon.

Actually I can't say about others obviously but so far didn't have any latency problems at all even in crowded areas. Will see tomorrow during some keep siege if that remains the truth there as Cyrodiil obviously may be a different story once more ppl get there.

• TineaTinea Member UncommonPosts: 86

Really? The 5 day is only from Zenimax? I thought it was like Bethesda store and some big american stores. In that case...this was a cheap ass tactic...In my country no one sold the game with 5 day headstart and buying it from the official store would mean paying 25% more than from regional stores.

Edit: I read that GMG was also an option. Too bad that a while back it decided that I should pay in British Pounds making GMG the most expensive digital store for me.

I've seen different pre-order dates from different sites, but I've got to believe the ESO site above others.  The ESO site states that you get 5 days for imperial edition.  It looks like it doesn't matter where you order from or if it is digital or boxed.  It also looks like you get 5 days if you buy the standard digital version directly from Zenimax.  What drops you to 3 is pre-ordering a standard edition outside of Zenimax (digital or boxed).

I didn't purchase direct from Zenimax (standard edition) because I had gift cards to spend, and I'm stuck with the 3 day head start.  Not a big deal... getting the initial purchase for free (at least to me) is more worthwhile than 2 extra days.

It's good to hear that most people are having no issues, though as others have pointed out there are a few threads about people having issues.

<Edit - clarified pre-order statement>

• PoliticaldadPoliticaldad Member UncommonPosts: 134

today was the 5 day open for all those who purchased the I.E. .... no matter where purchased

mine was BestBuy since Amazon was OoS so quickly.

was a Great mini Launch, me and 5 local friends all hopped on at 3:40a.m. pst and started rolling..... wonder if we should have tried to log in at midnight? hehhehe

Phasing was only a mini issue in the Coldharbor Area, we picked one person to sit at the top of the steps and everyone else soft-logged in and out (character select) till we all were at the top of the steps, then we grouped and mowed through the areas.... mauhahahahaha

fun fun !!!!!

no burps or hiccups otherwise sofar.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Two thumbs up from me!  The bugged quests we found in the Beta have been fixed and the game is running smoothly, which is amazing for an early access of the game.  Touch wood there hasn't even been a server crash, which is a quite common feature for some early access games/launches.
  • AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812

This is just what the doctor ordered and I hope I can get out of the new areas before they open the flood gates as this is going to be an EPIC game.

Congratulations on your amazing start, now fix some of them little annoying bugs please and I'll be super happy.

Bandit

Asbo

• KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103
    Definitely the best launch I ever seen to date.
  • LisaFlexy22LisaFlexy22 Member UncommonPosts: 450

Surprised how smooth it has gone.  I've encountered hardly any bugs or problems - except for the rare fish not going in inventory or activating achievement!!  But yeah, they got most of the bugs from that last beta weekend squared away from what I can tell.  Haven't had to /reloadui once, no quest bugs, etc.

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778

Very good launch.

It has now joined the top ranks of LOTRO and RIFT.

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701
    I have the three day headstart... and a newly developed twitch. I'll be ok...
  • keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Very smooth for me except that character screen bug :-), but otherwise Im very happy. I was expecting an overflow server or something but none of that happened :-).

There Is Always Hope!

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    OP exactly!  I don't want to go to bed. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• ThornrageThornrage Member UncommonPosts: 659

Great first day!

"I don't give a sh*t what other people say. I play what I like and I'll pay to do it too!" - SerialMMOist