Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are the next five MMOs coming up?

DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

I´m kinda bored at the moment, not interested in the two new themeparks, ESO and WS dominating the discussions here lately.

So what is the schedule of the next upcoming MMO releases after these two?

Comments

• crasset15crasset15 Member UncommonPosts: 194

landmark

life is feudal

the repopulation

albion online

archeage

all of which should be playable in one form or another before the end of this year.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Likely none of those will actually "launch"this year.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• crasset15crasset15 Member UncommonPosts: 194

That is possible. But landmark and the repopulation basically allow you to buy access into alpha, so technically they are already both playable for the really dedicated followers, just the progress will be wiped.

Life is feudal will probably 'launch' as an alpha, considering it's an indie game and many indies have gone down that route recently.

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
  • MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

ArcheAge also has mounted combat if you level your pet high enough

And don't leave out Destiny, trust me its an mmo not that persistent world shooter title that Bungiewants to call it. The game is an mmo, there is even a magic class.

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181
    Go to the home page of this very site and look on the right-hand side. There you'll find the next 10 upcoming MMOs.
  • LeGrosGamerLeGrosGamer Member UncommonPosts: 223
    You'll have to wait until 2015 for the big titles to be released such as Elite Dangerous, Star Citizen, Novus Aeterno.  
  • mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    Star Citizen is next big thing
  • Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 642
    Originally posted by mindw0rk

This is the only one I'm waiting on.

Life is Feudal is planning to be released into the Steam early access program this summer.

It also has mounted combat planned  and also a robust economic simulator similar to the eve economy model. 

Originally posted by ikcin
    Originally posted by Saxx0n

Life is Feudal is planning to be released into the Steam early access program this summer.

It also has mounted combat planned  and also a robust economic simulator similar to the eve economy model. 

There are three reasons I don't like this game. First is outdated graphics. Second - no mounted combat, and medieval combat with no mounts is not medieval /same with Gloria Victis/. And third, dev is promising too much, but till now he complete almost nothing. What is early access program? They will let players to play without beta? How they will fix bugs and polish the game? Or there will be beta, called early access program, but betas have little common to the real game. And the dev is in Russia. No any clue of franchise. So how dev will make game available to players? Not in EA or EU, but even in Russia. Dev is talking now about closed alpha. Open alpha/beta tests are currently planned for the 2nd quarter of 2014, so the game, if we accept there will be a game, may be available in Q3 or Q4 2015 in Russia. And if we accept there will be a franchise, LiF will come to EU, NA in 2016, maybe.

I will reply to the things that make sense. I will ignore the jibberish.

1. Graphics are excellent, as a matter of fact here is the most popular image on this site this week http://www.mmorpg.com/galleries. This is alpha and most people know the graphics are the last thing to be turned on when developing a game.

2. There will be mounted combat designed around a full physics system and if going fast enough you can actually run over your enemy with a horse and kill them with blunt/trampling damage not to mention weapon strikes.

3. The game is planning global release on Steam early access and schedules for Q2 2014. Educate yourself on how games are published and delivered  to the global marketplace thru steam here http://store.steampowered.com/

• WhackoWhacko Member UncommonPosts: 137

Seriously Looking down the road....

The Repopulation looks very interesting and of course Star Citizen.

Life is Feudal does have a case to be in the discussion as well.

• Bakkoda24Bakkoda24 Member UncommonPosts: 257
    Skyforge was just officially announced at GDC on the 21st. There's not a whole lot of information on it yet but it's worth tracking.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

Trove

Archeage

Landmark

I think it's impossible to make good guesses beyond that point. I think those three have at least some chance of being released this year.

• Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234

World of Warcraft - Warlords of Dreanor

Star Citizen

The Repopulation

Archeage

Though not technically mmo's 

The Division and Destiny look promising as well

Of my list - Warlords and Destiny have release dates for this year - the others are merely speculated but probably won't release this year. Archeage - possibly 

I've never been on the ESO bandwagon and I'm falling off the Wildstar one as well.

• ShaikeShaike Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by Maquiame

And don't leave out Destiny, trust me its an mmo not that persistent world shooter title that Bungiewants to call it. The game is an mmo, there is even a magic class.

I am sorry to tell you - but for me if it's not on PC it cannot be MMORPG... sorry image

Just my 2 cents...

• MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Originally posted by Shaike

ArcheAge also has mounted combat if you level your pet high enough   And don't leave out Destiny, trust me its an mmo not that persistent world shooter title that Bungiewants to call it. The game is an mmo, there is even a magic class.

I am sorry to tell you - but for me if it's not on PC it cannot be MMORPG... sorry image

Wrong, ffxiv ffxi dcuo and soon to be teso are on consoles. System means nothing. If you are biased it just means you will miss out on some great mmos. The Division and the Crew both are mmos and they are dropping on consoles first. Even mmorpg.com called Destiny an mmo in an artcle once.

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Shaike

well .. that is for you. There are other people here, you know. And there are plenty of MMOs on the console from the old EQ Adventure to DCU.

Originally posted by ikcin
    Originally posted by Saxx0n

I will reply to the things that make sense. I will ignore the jibberish.

1. Graphics are excellent, as a matter of fact here is the most popular image on this site this week http://www.mmorpg.com/galleries. This is alpha and most people know the graphics are the last thing to be turned on when developing a game.

2. There will be mounted combat designed around a full physics system and if going fast enough you can actually run over your enemy with a horse and kill them with blunt/trampling damage not to mention weapon strikes.

3. The game is planning global release on Steam early access and schedules for Q2 2014. Educate yourself on how games are published and delivered  to the global marketplace thru steam here http://store.steampowered.com/

Man you really have no idea what you are talking about. Graphics are outdated, and they are first thing in every game, we are not talking about optimization, skins or etc, but about engine. And do you know what, I see no game. Even more, I see 3D graphics of two different engines. One for landscape, which looks spectacular, and another one for buildings and characters, that looks very old. I don't know which engine dev will use, but it shall choose one :) 

Second - mounted combat is linked with physics and the engine. Have you ever ask yourself why most games have no mounted combat? Because you need specific engine for this, and it is expensive. So I really doubt mounted combat in LiF.

And about franchise - you are talking about e-shop, but I'm asking who will pay for servers and localization. Steampower is world franchise of Valve for selling games. Valve is the world franchise of Mail.ru, and Mail ru has not announced anything about LiF. Read the schedule in the site of the game, dev announced open alpha/beta in 2015 - http://lifeisfeudal.com/FAQ. So give us links to your information sources.

You do realize you sound absolutely crazy right?

You do your own homework Einstein and get back to us and let us know how it turned out.

edit - If you knew anything at all about the game or it's website you would probably know where I get my information.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

I think there are going to be some great radical games coming out in the MMO space as well as the single player space however the bulk of these most likely will not start coming out until about 2015..

..and I think by 2016 Virtual Reality will be mainstream. (not required for gaming..but very popular)

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968

Pathfinder Online has potential.  Pretty much it a fantasy based EVE style sandbox.  Early enrollment is tentative in Aug but you need to spend $100 for the supporter package to get access then and they are charging monthly sub during this early enrollment if I'm not mistaken which is a beta at best product.

There are a lot of intriguing concepts and ideals but right now they are in early alpha so who knows how successful they will be.  Personally until they show more of their product I'm not throwing $100 on an ideal atm.

EQN would be the next real big thing I suppose in the foreseeable future. 

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

cmon ,OP ask for MMO not SP+co-op+MP game

personal, I am only interested for ;  Life Is Feudal and Warhammer 40k; Eternal Crusade

• Yodi2007Yodi2007 Member Posts: 167

1. Shit!

2. Turd

3. Trash

4. Garbage

5. Junk

All in that Order each and everyone is a mindless Gear Grind with no adventure in between!

Below is where we can disscuss and come up with new ideas for Sandparks!

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5164689#5164689

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977
    Originally posted by Blazer6992

It's the only game that matters.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Originally posted by Agricola1
    Originally posted by Blazer6992

It's the only game that matters.

True, I also think it is the next big thing, but I don´t expect it before q1/2015

Also it seems the D-Titles are getting popular, kind of looking forward to The Division and Destiny, I realized I thought these are the same titles :D and don´t forget Divergence

Life is Feudal looks super interesting, also Repopulation

and I´d like to hear something new about CCP´s World of Darkness