Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mabinogi, The Game everyone has been waiting for has actual been released for years

CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

I have been playing mmos for over a decade, and have been on mmorpg.com for a long time. There is one reoccurring theme I have seen over my time. This new games does X, just like what I dreamed an mmo would do. That game comes and all it does is X well; then is easily forgotten. A lot of players list what they want in an mmo but fail to realize there is an mmo that does all of the above that has been released for years and has been right under their nose. That mmo is Mabinogi.

Its an mmo that reacts to the players actions, it has meaningful and robust crafting system, a life system where players can add custom music to the game, and it has a strategic combat system.

Comments

• DroxDrox Member Posts: 4
    its an ok mmo but its not that great
  • mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

You forgot to post screenshot how it looks. A picture speaks better then a thousand words

• BeegsBeegs Member Posts: 107
    Sounds like you need to look up the definition of "everyone" in the dictionary.

r.i.p. c!

• IfrianMMOIfrianMMO Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Oh i get it, this is one of those comedy threads.

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
    Originally posted by mindw0rk

You forgot to post screenshot how it looks. A picture speaks better then a thousand words

ROFLMAO

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

While many of the games feature's might be feature's I like to have in a MMORPG. The Visuals of the Mabinogi are less then appealing to me.

• MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    I'd rather just wait for ArcheAge

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

I tried twice to play mabinogi as it is a very interesting mmorpg with it's open feel and not restricted in a map till you are x level BUT and I say again BUT the game has one of the worst servers, the amount of lag and rollbacks I get is ridicolous in that game.... Sometimes when I tried it the skills didn't even work due to the server responsiveness which in result made me die stupidly.

Graphics sure aren't that great and I would love if they did an upgrade of it but mostly in my opinion they need to fix their server lag before I try it again.

• WingeyeWingeye Member Posts: 58

while the game had some of the things i like on the feature and mechanic side it failed to keep my interest

i cant put my finger on it but there is something that just doesnt feel right

i played it for 2 months

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Originally posted by Reklaw
    While many of the games feature's might be feature's I like to have in a MMORPG. The Visuals of the Mabinogi are less then appealing to me.
    The same for me, and I am not a huge stickler for visualization. (I'm spending time in Wizard101 again.) I just can not take Mabinogi seriously, though I like MANY of its features.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• Fenrir767Fenrir767 Member Posts: 595
    Not my cup of tea
  • mitobunnymitobunny Member Posts: 8

I played this game back when it was in beta to release, and it was okay then but the controls were clunky. I tried it out a few years after and the graphics definitely did not age gracefully. It would be cool if they remade it with a better system since the engine/game is very old now and was never really that good to begin with. I remember when there were like road blocks that needed to be broken (with the highest level or skill, I forget) to get to the next area, I wonder if anyone remembers that.

For the most part, it's decent if you can put up with the clunkiness of an old game, but the same goes for a lot of other older games too.