Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Smooth start so far....

LisaFlexy22LisaFlexy22 Member UncommonPosts: 450
Let's see how long this lasts.....  So far no real log-in problems or anything.

Comments

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Lots of players and it seems to be running very well for me. I get a rare frame tick now and again, but it has been a very smooth launch. Now, I hope the quests work! :) 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• EquintinEquintin Member UncommonPosts: 137
    Its only early access lots of people like myself are only getting in on tuesday.

• ArimosArimos Member UncommonPosts: 10

Anybody else heaving issue with loading times.

I created new character and now am waiting to log in for more that 30 min just wondering is it normal or do we still have those logging bugs where you get stuck and you have to relunch your client

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Arimos

I created new character and now am waiting to log in for more that 30 min just wondering is it normal or do we still have those logging bugs where you get stuck and you have to relunch your client

You must be locked up somehow. I was able to create a character and went in! Hurry, we need your help!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• kilatrekilatre Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by Arimos

I have had issues getting in and getting past load screens. I created 2 toons and got in no problem, on the 3rd it sat for over 10 minutes waiting for "Character Load". I had to kill the client and reload for it to log in my 3rd toon.

Then I finished the intro on one of them and got stuck on the load screen leaving that. I had to stop and start the client several times to finally get it to load in.

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817
    Well only game that has run as smooth on launch, and that was Guild Wars 2, no other game has been this slick on release (early access or not). Will have to see how the RvR is once i get a toon to 10.... DAMN YOU ALTITIS !!

Lolipops !

• CarnicideCarnicide Member UncommonPosts: 222
    Only bug I've encounter is the auto dismount from the horse.
    For the 2 hours I played before I had to get to work I was able to get lvl 6
  • ArimosArimos Member UncommonPosts: 10

Yea it would seem character got bugged for some reason, I tried to log like 4 times and it got stuck every time.

After deleting that character and making brand new I was able to hop in game right away. image

Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by Voiidiin
    Well only game that has run as smooth on launch, and that was Guild Wars 2, no other game has been this slick on release (early access or not). Will have to see how the RvR is once i get a toon to 10.... DAMN YOU ALTITIS !!

Rift ... forgetting about that one my friend.

Sadly i did not play Rift on release :( I started that game about 6 months after release, but its a great game !

Lolipops !

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by MorningStarGG
    First off character creation only works half-ass. Most sliders have no affect, you cannot for some reason zoom in on your character(options are there they don't work). Oddly, they worked in "beta".

I think it's interesting when there is a problem and various people approach that problem differently.

For example, I saw that, tried to zoom. realized it would be hard to make a character doing that and logged out and back in and it fixed it. Just calmly sought a solution.

I wonder if there are other solutions out there to your problems. Maybe send them the bugs through customer service or wait until CS gives you a better option. Maybe the forums will have bug sections.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • unclemounclemo Member UncommonPosts: 462
    Game client is running quite well so far even in starter areas packed with toons. Great launch so far.
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411

Running great for me.  Only minor lag issues, but much better than some other games I played when they started.  No bugs for me.  I feel like I got my money's worth so long as they keep improving.  The one above that expects perfection off the bat from an MMO is living in a fantasy world.  Hope he has fun there while the rest of us play.

As soon as someone throws out the greed or the profit crap it is like using Nazi in a thread.  They are pretty much useless to listen too.

• GaxusnGaxusn Member UncommonPosts: 77
    Why settle for "just fine" why not expect better with your money and time? Why let them get away with rushing a game out for profit instead of letting it sit in the oven and finish baking first?

You must be from another world my friend. 

"Why let them get away with rushing a game".... And what exactly are you going to do about it? If people enjoy the game, in its current state, what on earth has it got to do with you. Get off your high horse, find a game you enjoy and let the ESO players enjoy their game.

Sounds to me your butthurt because you bought the game, hyped up and it isn't what you expected. 

Go for a walk and stop being such a drama queen mate, laughable.

Playing: Nothing
    Played: EQ1, EQ2, VG:SoH, WoW, AoC, LoTRO, Aion, L2, DF, WAR.
    Favourites: EQ1, VG:SoH, Original WoW.
    Waiting: Pantheon: ROTF

• MorningStarGGMorningStarGG Member UncommonPosts: 394
    Originally posted by Gaxusn
    Why settle for "just fine" why not expect better with your money and time? Why let them get away with rushing a game out for profit instead of letting it sit in the oven and finish baking first?

"Why let them get away with rushing a game".... And what exactly are you going to do about it? If people enjoy the game, in its current state, what on earth has it got to do with you. Get off your high horse, find a game you enjoy and let the ESO players enjoy their game.

Sounds to me your butthurt because you bought the game, hyped up and it isn't what you expected. 

I am grounded in reality, I expect to get what I paid for, sue me. I am an ESO player, a very disappointed one that expected better, and more. Sadly, it is what I expected, however I bought the pre-order so I wouldn't get locked out later in terms of character choice. It's odd how you tell someone to get over themselves and it is you acting like the end all be all.

Owner/Admin of GodlessGamer.com - Gaming news and reviews for the godless.

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    for the hour and a half or so I played before work all went smoothly.  Only problem I had were two random lockups for about 5 seconds but I believe that was the server.  Very slow paced game which is nice.  Im only lvl 4

I am grounded in reality, I expect to get what I paid for, sue me. I am an ESO player, a very disappointed one that expected better, and more. Sadly, it is what I expected, however I bought the pre-order so I wouldn't get locked out later in terms of character choice. It's odd how you tell someone to get over themselves and it is you acting like the end all be all.

I can't believe you're disappointed the only 2 bugs I've come across was the zoom in on the character face and the auto dismount from the horse. I've only played one other MMO this smooth at launch...Rift. I am very pleased and I believe they did a great job listening to their fans.

• GaxusnGaxusn Member UncommonPosts: 77

You still fail to see what people are trying to tell you.

Simply put: Nobody cares.

I don't like the game, was in beta and thought it was a load of rubbish, but each to their own, you have to understand that. I'm not going to preach to people how they should expect better and all that rubbish, seriously mate, pull yourself together.

Playing: Nothing
    Played: EQ1, EQ2, VG:SoH, WoW, AoC, LoTRO, Aion, L2, DF, WAR.
    Favourites: EQ1, VG:SoH, Original WoW.
    Waiting: Pantheon: ROTF

• TolmosTolmos Member UncommonPosts: 141

At this point you've pretty much said your peace on the matter. You are now faced with a few choices:

A) Continue to complain on various forums about the game, thus wasting your Sunday and not only subjecting yourself to an "unfinished" game, but also losing valuable free time because of it.

B) Play and move on, realizing there's really not a lot anyone could do about it and the things are saying have been said by someone about every MMO ever released.

C) Do something else, and feel strength in your conviction that you didn't stick with the game that didn't give you your money's worth, and didn't waste your time posting on a forum Zenimax doesn't even read with complaints that everyone has read 100000000x before.

Good luck to you! :)

• WhackoWhacko Member UncommonPosts: 137

Simple answer,  The players.

The great Hype machine created by Players starts the process of a product being rushed to launch.

If a Title is heavily hyped and shown strong interest from a craving playerbase, the publishers know damn well people will buy it. Regardless of what anyone says it's all about MONEY. Why release a completely finished game when you can tease players with a golden carrot?

Lets say for example a game  has a pre-order,  potential players have options of what packages to purchase. If you keep up the hype in the mainstream, players will buy it.

Why wait? 

The trend is to Launch a game as close to being STABLE as possible, then just produce patches to correct issues and of course keep that hype machine rolling.

Either way They make money, that's the goal of every business.

It's all an illusion.

Players cause all this.. 

• PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565

Isn't it strange how people complain about issues like logging in if the server is getting hammered but will most likely be fixed quickly. People actually then say "oh that launch was bad" as if it mattered at all.

Originally posted by Whacko Simple answer,  The players.

The great Hype machine created by Players starts the process of a product being rushed to launch.

It's all an illusion.

Players cause all this.. 

I work in the gaming industry and player hype does not mean the game launches sooner than already scheduled. Don't talk crap.

• MorningStarGGMorningStarGG Member UncommonPosts: 394
    Originally posted by Carnicide

I can't believe you're disappointed the only 2 bugs I've come across was the zoom in on the character face and the auto dismount from the horse. I've only played one other MMO this smooth at launch...Rift. I am very pleased and I believe they did a great job listening to their fans.

I'm not even worried about the bugs, that is sort of expected, except the two I mentioned should never happen at any stage of development. I am disappointed by them rushing the game to release when it's not ready and feature incomplete.

Owner/Admin of GodlessGamer.com - Gaming news and reviews for the godless.

I'm not even worried about the bugs, that is sort of expected, except the two I mentioned should never happen at any stage of development. I am disappointed by them rushing the game to release when it's not ready and feature incomplete.

See that's the point.... it doesn't feel rushed. How does it feel rushed, got any examples?

Why hate a game you paid for to get into early access ? 

i find it mind boggling that you are so super critical of a game thats not even officially released. This is early access, and so far its almost perfect ... for me... seriously dont pre-order a game to get early access if you are gonna go fruit bat crazy on the smallest of bugs.

Jeesh, i mean really man get a grip here. Your ranting over the smallest of details.

I am more angry that my ISP found out it was early access for TESO and decided to go tits up all day off and on ruining my fun... TITS UP !

Lolipops !

• ApollosWillApollosWill Member UncommonPosts: 82
    Originally posted by Brixon
    First off character creation only works half-ass. Most sliders have no affect, you cannot for some reason zoom in on your character(options are there they don't work). Oddly, they worked in "beta".

Secondly, the drop to the main city instead of the starter islands still feels off and like more work should have been done, or they should have just left them intact with an option starting from them to skip them.

Then I found I couldn't even report a bug that shouldn't even exist by the way and only does because of the above, the bug report part of the game kept asking me to "select an impact" or something stupid that for the life of me I couldn't figure out, or get to work.

Obviously the game is not ready for launch and any features added over the next several months(if they keep their word!) should have been in at launch. I feel they are just trying to release now to get money back from development so they can finish their game and called it "meaningful content updates". 

Trion is the only developer that released rapid, meaningful updates to their game(RiFT) sadly the lore and the story are not gripping and feels a bit uninspired. Love the game but wish if would hold my attention better.

With all this said I am working on getting Skyrim ready to play(have yet to get very far as I was awaiting DLC, and mods.) so there ya go. The game could have been great, and still might get better, but only because they finish the game a few months from now.

What irritates me is people who say companies sell betas, I never agreed with that before now. This is clearly a beta being sold as retail. And to get the most options(race, faction, and other goodies) you have to pre order, and get the Imperial Edition(I got it, but I am going to withhold my key so I can keep my free 30 days for later when the game is more complete, and ready). I also only paid standard edition price for the Imperial Edition(60 instead of 80).

So you had this post pre-typed and ready to post to every thread. Interesting how you claim to know about the current state of the game, yet admit your not currently playing it.

Never once did I admit I was not playing it. I said I won't play it further. The game is not ready, anyone who ignores that, brushes it off or otherwise is the very reason this game will have a rough time. The developer need to know these things and need to realize releasing games that are not ready will not be tolerated. The game has been live for over 4 hours now, I had plenty of time to see the current "launch" state. Your attempt to discredit me when I stated FACT, not opinion has failed. 

And before all the defenders and fanboys come out to play I never said the game was bad, I said it was, and remains thus far at "launch" incomplete and rushed.

You are kinda saying you are not playing it now, as you are withholding your key.

Anyhow, I'm really satisfied as well. One of the best and smoothest launches for me. Want to make a long post about how great this is, but I don't have time. Got to get back to Tamriel.