Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

1 day left yet still cant decide on race!

ZenislavZenislav RijekaPosts: 33Member

Hey all

So as mentioned above it is less than 24 hours until servers go live and we start creating characters but I still cant decide on what race to play.

While my mind is set on Daggerfall Covenant I just cant decide what race to play. Racials are not even an issue here! I am not roleplayer in game but yet i break my head on "backstory" and lore of my character when creating one in any RPG or MMO!

Breton, Redguard, Orc, Argonian or Dunmer! I thought 1 month ago that i will have enough time to decide. Every single one of them has interesting lore to me and good looking armor pieces! 

Am I only one crazy here and with this problem or there are more who cant decide? In 2 hours going out for a night w friends yet I cant stop thinking about fricking computer game.

P.S. I usually create character to look as close to me as he can so I may be leaning towards breton a bit but all of mentioned above are so interesting! And played ES since daggerfall...

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Den HelderPosts: 9,064Member Uncommon

I narrowed it down to imperial and wood elf..

wood elf for looks, Imperial for lore..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards TokyoPosts: 778Member

I think you answered your own question. If Breton is more close to your real life self than go with it. 

• KnotwoodKnotwood Missoula, MTPosts: 1,103Member
    Try something new, be an Imperial!
  • ZenislavZenislav RijekaPosts: 33Member

Oh and Khajiit, would be awsome like one who was done being "slave" to dam high elfs and joined Daggefall. Khajiit  was my first choice in Morrowind so they have special place in my mind.

Problem is I cant play multiple characters because of work and other things but also i get bored of things quite easely and like to change them. 

Maybe few more beers to kill my brain and roll 6 sided dice. Each number is one race and what comes I will play :) 

• ThreetownsThreetowns Louisville, KYPosts: 326Member

Write down the races on paper and toss them in to the bowl and pull one out? 

10 races and this is one huge problem for me, I know the feeling and still have not picked one yet. :(

Sunday 17 hours taking too long!

Have fun!

• KyleranKyleran Tampa, FLPosts: 19,980Member Uncommon

I've still got no idea what race or even class I intend to play.

DK and Templar seem to be most likely, but still not sure nor exactly what role I'd pay with each.  Not much interested in tanking and healing, yet it seems to be sort of expected of both in some fashion

Just having a hard time dealing with these multi-purpose roles this game permits.

Too many years of no flexibility I guess.

In my day MMORPG's were so hard we fought our way through dungeons in the snow, uphill both ways.
    "I don't have one life, I have many lives" - Grunty
    Still currently "subscribed" to EVE, and only EVE!!!
    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ariestearieste toronto, ONPosts: 3,308Member Common
    Originally posted by Zenislav

I usually create character to look as close to me as he can

In that case, I would think that Argonian is the only way to go.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2
    Currently Playing: EQ2, Firefall

Originally posted by Knotwood
    Try something new, be an Imperial!

I bought standard edition because for some reason imperials in this timeline of ES dont interest me slightest. guess I will roll that 6 sided dice and see what comes.

Oh and more facial features would be nice to have in future. I like to change facial hair a lot!

• superconductingsuperconducting Rochester, NYPosts: 843Member Uncommon
    Race? I can't even decide on class. Guess that shows how unprepared I am.

Originally posted by arieste
    Originally posted by Zenislav

I usually create character to look as close to me as he can

In that case, I would think that Argonian is the only way to go.

Hmm, maybe Khajiit would more appropriate in my case. image

In my day MMORPG's were so hard we fought our way through dungeons in the snow, uphill both ways.
    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 8,506Member Uncommon

Dunmer is the only choice as they make the best fire DKs, which is currently the only finished class in game (my opinion).

Playing other options is the equivalent of picking less optimum choices.

Obviously if you are not into min/maxing it doesn't matter, any race any class works.

• discord235discord235 Woodland, CAPosts: 143Member Uncommon
    I am in the same boat...I keep changing my mind, but not because of the lore - because of the racial bonuses. I am not a fan of racial bonuses, because it forces you to pick a race based on your class/weapon, not on your personal preference. And yes, the racial bonuses are minimal and I am in no way a purist, I am just saying that personally I don't like racial bonuses, although from a lore/immersion/realistic standpoint, they do make more sense.

• AbardomasAbardomas New York, NYPosts: 159Member

Get detailed racial information, history and skills: ESO Races

I somehow managed to ignore racials (to some degree) from  my mind as i dont have time to play hardcore for years now so I will just go for fun and looks.

Arieste you have beer from me for making me smile.

Kyleran I cant be happier with skill system that Zenimax gave us. Usually when we create characters in MMOs we are limited to certain role and even in that one role we can perform only to some degree. Here we have so much flexibility that it is really refreshing! Love it.

• VonatarVonatar PraguePosts: 672Member Uncommon
    Khajiit. Hearing my character's occasional voiced comments in that Elsweyr accent makes me smile every time.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko RotterdamPosts: 3,845Member Uncommon
    I also found choosing a bit difficult, 10 races but only 8 char slots, which 2 to leave out ? image
  • GravargGravarg Harker Heights, TXPosts: 3,332Member Uncommon
    A lot of people didn't like that Imperial was locked, but I actually like it.  Before it was announced I wasn't sure what race I would be.  I knew I wanted to be a Healing Tank hybrid, maybe a Breton for the Magikiness,  maybe a Redguard for the Tankiness,  maybe a Khajiit because they're cats.  Once the Imperial Race was announced with the Imperial Edition, I knew right then and there I would be Imperial.  First, of all the races, I like the Imperials the most.  I'm a big fan of Roman History and the Mythos that the Imperials have.  Second, since I was paying extra for it, I might as well use it lol.
  • moondragomoondrago saint john, NBPosts: 47Member
    The Ebonheart Pact -dark elf -

Sorcerer... oh cant  wait

its a GoOd dAy to diE !!

• DarkShadow74DarkShadow74 Tulsa, OKPosts: 108Member Common
    My problem isnt race, it faction. I want to have fun and find a good guild. I am going to play a mage, but been thinking about a battle mage with a 2 hand sword with lighting, like the monks on Doctor Who, Demons Run. Not sure yet, but know it will be a mage.

I have a feeling whatever race/class I make the first time will prove to be pretty borked, and will likely finding myself rerolling to take better advantage once I really start to understand what I'm doing.

Might as well just start out with something fun and see what happens.

• viddsterviddster DerbyshirePosts: 213Member Uncommon
    If you had a class and build in mind that could be useful in deciding, as some of the racial passives are very strong. Like Bretons for magicka, or Orsimer for stamina and health.

• spizzspizz BlackForrestPosts: 2,587Member

Iam still a bit confused about the racial bonuses and maybe someone has a clue here:

For example:

* increases maximum health/stamina/magicka in % i.e. 3%, 9% or 10%

The game has a soft cap and a hard cap.

If Iam right, the soft cap is the point where attribute points no longer contribute as it normal would.  Beyond this point each stat point would add less stamina/HP/magicka.

The racial bonus says "increases maximum health/stamina/magicka".

Does this mean the HARD CAP will change to a higher value or the SOFT CAP  ?

• BahzBahz PapendrechtPosts: 181Member
    Originally posted by spizz

Iam still a bit confused about the racial bonuses and maybe someone has a clue here:

For example:

* increases maximum health/stamina/magicka in % i.e. 3%, 9% or 10%

The game has a soft cap and a hard cap.

If Iam right, the soft cap is the point where attribute points no longer contribute as it normal would.  Beyond this point each stat point would add less stamina/HP/magicka.

The racial bonus says "increases maximum health/stamina/magicka".

Does this mean the HARD CAP will change to a higher value or the SOFT CAP  ?

wondering the same. But still, if it doesnt increase it you can focus gear on the other stats...so all your stats will be maxed.

• jacktorsjacktors Port St Lucie, FLPosts: 158Member Uncommon
    I'm stuck with either Khajiit or Wood Elf, because I don't want to pass up the Stealthy passive.  I plan on playing a stealth based character. Unfortunately, the other classes do not offer anything that comes close to this passive. If I had a choice, I would choose a Dark Elf Stealthy Nightblade, dual Wield/NB spell user. 
  • fascismfascism marquette, MIPosts: 358Member Uncommon
    Just do what I do: always pick the black dudes.