Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Trait Resets, Armor Repair, Account Bound Gear

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

ArenaNet has posted today's blog posts to discuss upcoming changes to Guild Wars 2 features. In the first of today's blogs, the team has announced that armor repair will be disappearing from the game and that big changes are in store for the Mythic Forge. Of particularly interesting note is the fact that Trait Resets will be free from here on out. The team felt that the cost hindered experimentation with different builds.

With the changes we’re making that remove some of the systems that take gold out of the economy, we need to make sure the economy remains balanced in terms of gold input as well. We’ll be reducing the amount of raw gold that comes out of champion loot bags and events in an effort to keep the economy balanced and spread out player activity a bit.

The second is another that should be pleasing to players to find out that WXP, Legendaries and Ascended gear will no longer simply be character bound but will instead become account bound:

In the upcoming April feature build, we will be converting all legendary and ascended equipment to be account-based. This means ascended equipment will always remain account-bound and will not soulbind to a character when equipped. Legendary weapons will continue to be tradeable until equipped, at which point they will become account-bound (rather than soulbound). As part of this change, we will convert all the existing ascended and legendary equipment that is soulbound to be account-bound instead.

The big reason for this change is that we believe acquiring a legendary weapon or piece of ascended gear is an accomplishment that should not be limited to a single character. By all means, share your rockin’, unicorn-shootin’ bow between your thief and your ranger! Pass down your set of Zojja’s gear when you decide to go for a more balanced build. Above all, take pride in the accomplishments of your account and enjoy those accomplishments to the fullest!

Read more about all of these exciting changes on the Guild Wars 2 site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BioFringeBioFringe Member Posts: 75
    I haven't played since November and while this has become my longest break to date it seems to me as if Anet has been making all sorts of changes that have been requested by the players for some time now. If I wasn't so hooked on another game right now I could see myself looking at returning soon enough.

This sentence is false.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Can hardly wait to try out the new changes when they go into effect.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

It almost makes me wonder if they released with sub-par features just to change them later and make everyone go "ooohhh!"  Either that or they listen to people.  As someone who doesn't post on the official forums, I don't know if these were all complaints by posters that got some love or not.

Regardless, I'm particularly fond of the repair cost removal.  It's pretty basic for an MMO to have repair costs, but it's also completely unnecessary and just holds you back.  The trait reset is cool too for people who want to change in the middle of a dungeon or somewhere a trainer isn't available.  This daily release of information is great so far, can't wait to see what's next.

• fhnw1988fhnw1988 Member Posts: 64

i did like GW2 in the first 2 months, after that i dropped and never looked back,

IF anything you do there wanst so absoluetly pointless. Heck i even made a special tool to teleport me to all vistas and treasures in seconds. But it was still boring and i quit.

GOod luck to you - i hope you enjoy this patch- to me it will not change anything.

Even the skill reset- i never felt the urge to reset my skills in the whole playtime. THe reason is, most skills were jsut usless, weak.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by fhnw1988

i did like GW2 in the first 2 months, after that i dropped and never looked back,

IF anything you do there wanst so absoluetly pointless. Heck i even made a special tool to teleport me to all vistas and treasures in seconds. But it was still boring and i quit.

GOod luck to you - i hope you enjoy this patch- to me it will not change anything.

Even the skill reset- i never felt the urge to reset my skills in the whole playtime. THe reason is, most skills were jsut usless, weak.

Oh, so you're a hacker. That's cool. Thanks for leaving, or should I say thanks to Anet for banning your account.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• AI724AI724 Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Originally posted by eyelolled
    Originally posted by fhnw1988

Oh, so you're a hacker. That's cool. Thanks for leaving, or should I say thanks to Anet for banning your account.

I think he probably was one of those hackers I reported the the Dev during the first few months after the game released. Take that hacker and don't even come back to ruin my game!!

• fhnw1988fhnw1988 Member Posts: 64

i can assure you, i still have my account. I left because the game felt bland to me.

Im not one of these guys that enjoys walking around and looking at some scenery. I found those vistas always annyoing. 

Like i said, the game was pointless for me. And i was a huge GW1 fan- my first (MMO) Rpg- im one of those guys that likes complex builds, teamcommunication and challenges (carrots).

Although, i made it only to deer-lvl in pvp, i still played it more then any other mmo after.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    hmm, insta travel port tool, seem slike you want insta gratification, maybe World of Warcraft is something more of a challenging game for you?

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• WikileaksEUWikileaksEU Member UncommonPosts: 108
    Originally posted by Eir_S

It almost makes me wonder if they released with sub-par features just to change them later and make everyone go "ooohhh!"  Either that or they listen to people.  As someone who doesn't post on the official forums, I don't know if these were all complaints by posters that got some love or not.

Regardless, I'm particularly fond of the repair cost removal.  It's pretty basic for an MMO to have repair costs, but it's also completely unnecessary and just holds you back.  The trait reset is cool too for people who want to change in the middle of a dungeon or somewhere a trainer isn't available.  This daily release of information is great so far, can't wait to see what's next.

Not really. ArenaNet said they needed another 1 or 2 years to develop GW2 but NcSoft pushed them and said "You need to release GW2 now".

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I'm sure people don't care what a hacker feels about a game anyway.  Good that he is gone.
  • AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824
    ROFL if you consider that hacking. Fanboys in rage tears because smart players exploited their poorly designed and failing fake MMO XD
  • GahvnoGahvno Member Posts: 15
    It's Pretty Standard For These Posts To Attract Trolls And Quitters Who Sit In Their Jammies And Throw poo. Why Are You Dudes Feeding Them? Again.
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    I have lost that strong grip that had for first half year for Gw2, but main reason I do not play is because there so many other options now, currently playing Wow, then Swtor is waiting until release of Wildstar, ... then Draenor expansion, .... When you sub some game you play to not vaste money. Gw2 is sub free so I'm constantly posponing until will need break from all other games. In this case no-sub has bad side effect. :-)
  • LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    Originally posted by Asamof
    ROFL if you consider that hacking. Fanboys in rage tears because smart players exploited their poorly designed and failing fake MMO XD

He's "smart" for supposedly creating a tool to teleport himself to all vistas and treasures, then complaining there's no point to the game? Alrighty then.