Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Let's Be Honest

MongooseMongoose Member UncommonPosts: 86
Well...

Comments

• carpalcarpal Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Of course, we are gamers, which means click EVERY button to see what it does.
  • RazankaRazanka Member UncommonPosts: 67
    I've been clicking the play button since the end of the last beta event.
  • ArndushArndush Member Posts: 303
    Originally posted by carpal

^ This. But, when buying experimental weapons we always make sure to ask the dealer about the little red button before pushing it.

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
  • ColdrenColdren Member UncommonPosts: 495

Gotta try every now and again, if for no other reason, than to check for patches..

Sure, don't have to press PLAY to do that... but it's good practice! Gotta be quick at 7 AM on Sunday..

• dualband42dualband42 Member Posts: 14
    hit play then sat there listening to the intro music :)
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Of course... and then I watched the credits to listen to Malukah's "Beauty of Dawn"

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    No, i did not, and i said to myself, those last 64 hours are the easiest wait..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Originally posted by Arndush

^ This. But, when buying experimental weapons we always make sure to ask the dealer about the little red button before pushing it.

I'll tell you what I do like though: a gamer, a dyed-in-the-wool gamer. Cold blooded, clean, methodical and thorough. Now a real gamer, when he picked up the ZF-1, would've immediately asked about the little red button on the bottom of the gun.

• RhinoNZRhinoNZ Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by Coldren

Gotta try every now and again, if for no other reason, than to check for patches..

Sure, don't have to press PLAY to do that... but it's good practice! Gotta be quick at 7 AM on Sunday..

*cry* that for me is the very early hours of Monday Morning !

I am going to be one very tired worker ant when I stumble in the door late on Monday hahah !

• ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

I checked the Game Option Settings so far, but it kept the Beta-Client-Settings i had deinstalled.

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM

• indefindef Member UncommonPosts: 344

Glad to see this wasn't a typical troll/bashing thread.  Was expecting something like:

Title:  "Let's be honest"

Content: "ESO is a shit game and will be F2P within 17 hours of launch lolololol"

• CaptBananaPantsCaptBananaPants Member UncommonPosts: 3
    HA! Same here. And, yes, of course I clicked anyway.
    Originally posted by rygard49
    Originally posted by Arndush

I'll tell you what I do like though: a gamer, a dyed-in-the-wool gamer. Cold blooded, clean, methodical and thorough. Now a real gamer, when he picked up the ZF-1, would've immediately asked about the little red button on the bottom of the gun.

Bless you for getting that. Bless you. I think I'll have to watch The Fifth Element tonight.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

I happened to try to log in last weekend and found them doing an unannounced test of the overflow servers, so my beta characters got to live a short while longer before being erased from existence.

I haven't tried to update since then, guess I should do so tonight.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Yoda_CloneYoda_Clone Member Posts: 219
    I'll let you know after I finish downloading... but, of course I will.  I mean, come on!  I'm a dyed in the wool gamer!  Of course I'm going to presume "I'm special" and going to sneak into the game early... even if it's the stupidest thing in the world to presume...
  • ArdnutArdnut Member Posts: 188

finished the update, hit the play buton and --

got this great big "WAIT YOUR BLOODY TURN" come up

i look this wrecked because i've got GIST.
    Whats your excuse?
    http://deadmanrambling.com/

Originally posted by Yoda_Clone
    I'll let you know after I finish downloading... but, of course I will.  I mean, come on!  I'm a dyed in the wool gamer!  Of course I'm going to presume "I'm special" and going to sneak into the game early... even if it's the stupidest thing in the world to presume...

It's not so much a presumption. Just the innocent hope that resides within most gamers. It's the hope we had back in the late 80s when we all ran down stairs on Christmas morning hoping to find the NES w/ Mario and Duck Hunt and copy of Legend of Zelda under the tree. Of course, I never got that either.

Nope...I got the SMS. Which was still a good system, but as a 10 year old who had never heard of Sega (pre-internet days) and had been hoping for a Nintendo all year, I was like, "Um, neat...I think, is this supposed to be Nintendo?"  Which was a 10 year old's way of asking, "Did I just get the cheap knock off?"

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Originally posted by indef

Glad to see this wasn't a typical troll/bashing thread.  Was expecting something like:

Title:  "Let's be honest"

Content: "ESO is a shit game and will be F2P within 17 hours of launch lolololol"

same.  and yes i clicked

I self identify as a monkey.

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593
    Yup. I clicked it after it finished downloading. :P
  • TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839
    LOL... Aye.
    Isaiah 41:10
  • TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    No, i did not, and i said to myself, those last 64 hours are the easiest wait..

You, my friend, are unstoppable lol.

Isaiah 41:10
  • Skeeter50Skeeter50 Member UncommonPosts: 147
    I cried all thru the credits. The adventure begins.
  • jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

Yep, some people read manuals, we don't :-)

Originally posted by jazz.be

Yep, some people read manuals, we don't :-)

Man-u-als? What are these manuals you speak of?