Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

thank god the NDA is lifted

Comments

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Randayn

I was in beta 6-7 months, played about 2 weeks worth....realized this game is on rails like no other game Ive played...sure you can do different things, but they are all hubs where, once again, you are on rails.  If you like linear, this is perfect for you.  If you like annoyingly goofy, this is for you.  If the most exciting part of a game for you is the platform-esque parts....this is the game for you.  It's just bad...

there, Im done...been dying to say this for a VERY long time

Really? this is all what you have to say when being in beta for 6-7 months?

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588
    Originally posted by Sevala

Glad I read this. I knew ESO was going to be not worth trying, never even bothered with the beta. Had hopes for Wildstar, but sounds like it washed out as well. Guess for the moment that only leave "The Repopulation" on my list of upcoming games to keep an eye on.

Thanks for the reviews/updates/information.

I'm pretty sure you're more intelligent than what you are trying to appear, but do yourself a favour, and try the product for yourself so you can decide what's good for you and what is not, rather than what some random anonymous kid wrote in the internet. That goes for about everything in life, not only video-games. It'll save you a lot of sorrow, possibly bring you a lot of good moments, and in the worst case, you'll at least grow a personality of your own.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Originally posted by Daessar
    Originally posted by Greymantle4
    You waited months to tell us the game has quest hubs and its not for you? Thanks I guess....

I aim to please :P

The real question is how does it feel to go 6-7 months being disappointed by this game, 4 in ESO and now you'll be sitting around holding your breath for EQ. Sounds like one continual, ongoing, massive disappointment for you...gotta suck that no developer wants to create a game that you would enjoy, I don't know if I could just sit around waiting for something to happen.

/shrug

AGREE 100%....im dyin here man...sounds like you are too

Originally posted by GeezerGamer

I am in same boat as OP. I have decided not to purchase either game. Sadly disappointing for both games. But there is still a silver lining for Sci-Fi. There are still a couple things in beta I am looking forward to.

The Repopulation - Although I'm not holding my breath for that one.  When it does finally release, great! Until then, it's just something to keep an eye on as a future possibility.

And the other is the Anarchy Update Engine that has been almost a decade in the works. I'd still not believe it was happening if it wasn't for an old Org-mate I stayed in touch with who is actually in the Beta and is playing on it.

Here's hoping!

Geezer, you read my mind!

Originally posted by Prhyme

I was in beta 6-7 months, played about 2 weeks worth....realized this game is on rails like no other game Ive played...sure you can do different things, but they are all hubs where, once again, you are on rails.  If you like linear, this is perfect for you.  If you like annoyingly goofy, this is for you.  If the most exciting part of a game for you is the platform-esque parts....this is the game for you.  It's just bad...

It is 100% your fault if you look at your map and follow the numbers. You're missing out on a TON of stuff the map doesn't show you. 

If your goal is to get to max level as fast as possible, of course the game will feel linear. It's shocking you played the beta for a supposed "6-7 months" and never figured out this simple fact.

LOL....I never used the map...actually tried to explore but you really couldnt.....you were guided the entire time I played

• VoqarVoqar Member UncommonPosts: 510

So basically what many are saying is that they don't like MMORPGs - but they're here.

I'd prefer to see a real MMORPG made, myself - one without so much solo, with almost all grouping, with challenge, a more open world.  But the corporate gaming machine that wants mass appeal and big numbers isn't going to be doing anything like that, even if such games can be profitable and sustain for years (as the classics STILL continue to do).

The only remotely close to classic MMORPG to come up recently couldn't get funded via KS even aiming very low for funding.

Apparently the bulk of players want exactly what they're getting - yet more uninspired solo easy mode.  If you really do want something other than that what exactly DO you want?  There are only so many variations on solo ez-mode pseudo MMORPGs that can be done.

Sadly, for something really different MMORPGs would have to go back to being MMORPGs - and to stop being single player games.  I say sadly, because the reason I started playing and fell in love with MMORPGs back when EQLive came out was BECAUSE of the grouping, and it's sad what has been done to the genre and how many people CLAIM to not like it, yet the same crap keeps getting made.

Anyways - I think WildStar is fun for a mostly solo on rails type of MMORPG.  It's well done.  It's vastly superior to the ESO abomination.  But it does feel like if you want to play a new MMORPG that you have to pick between two different suboptimal choices (or even lesser fringe MMORPG garbage) because NO games being tagged as MMORPGs are actually MMORPGs anymore.

Massively single player online != MMORPG.

Premium MMORPGs do not feature built-in cheating via cash for gold pay 2 win. PLAY to win or don't play.

• modusmodus Member UncommonPosts: 69

Bashing a game that identifies itself as a themepark, for being a themepark is ... I don't even know what to say.

I'm not typically a themepark fan, but I knew that going into a beta-weekend and found the game enjoyable enough to pre-order.   I have been ignoring media related to this game to avoid any of the hype which may have something to do with that.  I didn't have high expectations and they were exceeded LOL.

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    2014... yet another disappointing year in MMO history.
    Originally posted by modus

Bashing a game that identifies itself as a themepark, for being a themepark is ... I don't even know what to say.

I'm not typically a themepark fan, but I knew that going into a beta-weekend and found the game enjoyable enough to pre-order.   I have been ignoring media related to this game to avoid any of the hype which may have something to do with that.  I didn't have high expectations and they were exceeded LOL.

Im not bashing themparks at all....I like themepark MMO's....this one in particular is just extremely linear.  Like someone else said, it's very much as bad as a Korean grinder questing system.   This day in age, there really is no excuse for that...they should've known better....but go ahead and support poorly built games....they'll keep making more...

• slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464

Game looks pretty fun to me.  Not sure if it is for the "No! That avatar is ME! This is real!" type crowd.

I just want to have some fun in a game for a change.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

What i miss about the game is just the epic world feeling i've had in other games.

Like when in WoW i logged in with my lvl1 char, everything about the world was just enchanting. Zones like Ashenvale, the music there, everything. Many other zones to name in that regard and this is not WoW exclusive. Think of zones in Eq2 or The Shire in Lotro. Locations at which you spend evenings exploring, fishing, taking screens, roaming. Places you like to visit again with a twink. Zones that catch you with their theme and music right when you enter them.

Recent games don't have that feeling/zones anymore. It's like the game's world nowadays isn't designed with passion anymore, but put together in regards to best pathing, less lag, best performance and "people will leave it within a day anyway". Like Rift has absolutely NO zone with an epic feeling, SWTOR has not, WAR not, GW2 hasn't and i'm not sure WIldstar has.

Companies fail trying to copy the success of WoW by just emulating mechanics instead of trying to catch its "feeling". But then, even Blizzard cannot catch this feeling anymore.

Originally posted by Volgore

What i miss about the game is just the epic world feeling i've had in other games.

Like when in WoW i logged in with my lvl1 char, everything about the world was just enchanting. Zones like Ashenvale, the music there, everything. Many other zones to name in that regard and this is not WoW exclusive. Think of zones in Eq2 or The Shire in Lotro. Locations at which you spend evenings exploring, fishing, taking screens, roaming. Places you like to visit again with a twink. Zones that catch you with their theme and music right when you enter them.

Recent games don't have that feeling/zones anymore. It's like the game's world nowadays isn't designed with passion anymore, but put together in regards to best pathing, less lag, best performance and "people will leave it within a day anyway". Like Rift has absolutely NO zone with an epic feeling, SWTOR has not, WAR not, GW2 hasn't and i'm not sure WIldstar has.

Companies fail trying to copy the success of WoW by just emulating mechanics instead of trying to catch its "feeling". But then, even Blizzard cannot catch this feeling anymore.

Excellent point, I agree!

• CetraCetra Member UncommonPosts: 359
    Originally posted by Superchieftian

Going to chime in here and say that Wildstar has been a huge let down.

Quests are boring to death.

Paths are a waste of time and bring nothing new to the table (I actually had more fun ignoring paths).

All classes are the same exact thing with the exception of different telegraphs when it comes to DPS (Same with heals, but at least it has some difference)

totally agree. 100% truth here. Preferences or personal taste doesnt apply here. The above points are exactly what it is. We all can agree when a woman is ugly right? Ugly right here.

I want wildstar to be good. I dont mind playing wow 2.0. But the issue is that wildstar hasnt been able to outdone wow in regards to questing and class distinction.

• Fly666monkeyFly666monkey Member UncommonPosts: 161
    Originally posted by Lazzaro

Originally posted by Poisondwarf
    I, like many on this forum, found it to be a sub par WOW clone with a bit of fluff added together with spamfest PVP.

If you get chance to try before you buy then definitely do so. With all the hype me and the majority of my Guild were looking forward to this and having it as our main MMO, but after the BETA 90% decided that it was no longer for them. Even SWTOR had a better reaction and that had to be one of the worst MMO's I ever had the displeasure of playing. WS will go the same way. 

This game will be FTP within a year.

YOu said Spam PvP

http://youtu.be/pK65BUhNwPs

O.O What the hell was that?!

I thought my Shadowknight in EQ2 was God Tier.... this... this is on a whole other level of broken. The team behind wildstar seriously looked at this and thought it was balanced?!  I've seen less broken things watching X-Tier MUGEN fights on Saltybet.

• EnglefieldEnglefield Member UncommonPosts: 22
  • ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931

You know when "kiddie" and the like get tossed in and you try to compare questing with ESO hmm. Got to lvl 32 in wildstar and the map is HUGE. You can go anywhere. Please share how ESO quests are so advanced or different like no other? Got will past lvl 10 in ESO never died once other then jumping out a window.

Quest ESO..go find jane doe..hint shes standing in name place.  Go find so and so..just open map ah theres the mark. Go find such and such search 5 boxes kill one bad guy run to npc that tells you to go see another npc that tells you to go back..early quests quoted here (some) but haha man they never ever got harder. They hold your hand through every quest.

Please quest hub? Sorry is that "city or villages"? Like ESO I skipped one place and didnt even finish all the quests but wow I keep going. Didnt have to follow anything.

Most never got a chance to play WildStar. Its not the same as ESO and were not meant to be. You will in both get your hand held for every quest. You in both can not will not get lost. You will find in both most NPC's that just stand there as if no life in game at all. More in ESO for me is what I felt..FOR ME I said.

I could care less what people say about a NEW mmo. I so far already read "OMG its the best so far" "going to have over 5 million by years end" and on and on. Ever hear this before? Shall I do I have to put up the list of all the MMO's YOU NEW were going to be AWESOME yet are all now free to play.

I will play ESO till wildstar comes out. I like both but I ME ,not from any review but had more fun playing Wildstar. For ME it felt like there was more life in game. It bothers me allot to stand and look out over ESO (pick the spot) and only see 1-3 things moving. Wild life moving only 7 total steps and repeat. Some just hover in one spot and this happen more as I leveled up.

So don't feel you have to trash some other mmo you never played or watched some video and now are an expert.

Not sure? Then wait till launch try to watch all the in game play videos, read the reviews and not the ones that just trash talk one but give both real justice. If the review hates one thats what he will say most likely we all do this. I can offered to buy both so I have. The one I have a blast in is the one I will play.

Please the DEVS did a AWESOME job on these. The art work alone is so beautiful and really well done. Wildstar as I got higher you could tell it was not all finished. The start does not will not make you feel like you are playing wow. It was really fun as ESO was for ME..ME

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

I was originally psyched for this game. Then I saw a video showcasing one of it's mini-games. A locked chest that was unlocked by playing a game of ........................................................ummmm............................................Simon? A locked chest.....Simon? Really? What  great idea, I'm going to go build a lock box and hook up a game of Simon to an electronic lock.......that'll keep everyone out for sure. 

pfft ridiculous.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

I was originally psyched for this game. Then I saw a video showcasing one of it's mini-games. A locked chest that was unlocked by playing a game of ........................................................ummmm............................................Simon? A locked chest.....Simon? Really? What  great idea, I'm going to go build a lock box and hook up a game of Simon to an electronic lock.......that'll keep everyone out for sure. 

pfft ridiculous.

ESO has the same stuff just with a different mechanic. Simon was at least a fun game.

Pretty much, I've enjoyed playing wildstar.  I can't really get it up for all the comments.. "I played wow for 10 years and now themepark games are boooring"   I don't feel that way.. and while WildStar is a themepark,  I've found the combat fun, and I've found the classes interesting, and I don't even mind the skill trees.  I feel like it has more ways to play a class then GW2, and I like the combat marginally better than GW2 also.

I feel like they've added a lot of challenges and mini games to break up the monotony if you want to do them.. the housing can only get better,  and while I don't think the paths are really as great as I had hoped (explorer was a let down - and it would be great if settler was a little more fleshed out in what and where you could build - but soldier has some fun kill challenges, and I I think theres some good room for improvement on scientist)  I think paths can be a great evolutionary step into creating an expansion later that makes the paths more worthwhile.

I think the PvP can use some balance here and there.. but I've never really seen PvP be completely balanced anyways in any game... you'll always find the FOTM crew.

• AroukosAroukos Member Posts: 571
    Originally posted by Zeblade

You know when "kiddie" and the like get tossed in and you try to compare questing with ESO hmm. Got to lvl 32 in wildstar and the map is HUGE. You can go anywhere. Please share how ESO quests are so advanced or different like no other? Got will past lvl 10 in ESO never died once other then jumping out a window.

Quest ESO..go find jane doe..hint shes standing in name place.  Go find so and so..just open map ah theres the mark. Go find such and such search 5 boxes kill one bad guy run to npc that tells you to go see another npc that tells you to go back..early quests quoted here (some) but haha man they never ever got harder. They hold your hand through every quest.

Please quest hub? Sorry is that "city or villages"? Like ESO I skipped one place and didnt even finish all the quests but wow I keep going. Didnt have to follow anything.

Most never got a chance to play WildStar. Its not the same as ESO and were not meant to be. You will in both get your hand held for every quest. You in both can not will not get lost. You will find in both most NPC's that just stand there as if no life in game at all. More in ESO for me is what I felt..FOR ME I said.

I could care less what people say about a NEW mmo. I so far already read "OMG its the best so far" "going to have over 5 million by years end" and on and on. Ever hear this before? Shall I do I have to put up the list of all the MMO's YOU NEW were going to be AWESOME yet are all now free to play.

I will play ESO till wildstar comes out. I like both but I ME ,not from any review but had more fun playing Wildstar. For ME it felt like there was more life in game. It bothers me allot to stand and look out over ESO (pick the spot) and only see 1-3 things moving. Wild life moving only 7 total steps and repeat. Some just hover in one spot and this happen more as I leveled up.

So don't feel you have to trash some other mmo you never played or watched some video and now are an expert.

Not sure? Then wait till launch try to watch all the in game play videos, read the reviews and not the ones that just trash talk one but give both real justice. If the review hates one thats what he will say most likely we all do this. I can offered to buy both so I have. The one I have a blast in is the one I will play.

Please the DEVS did a AWESOME job on these. The art work alone is so beautiful and really well done. Wildstar as I got higher you could tell it was not all finished. The start does not will not make you feel like you are playing wow. It was really fun as ESO was for ME..ME

Well said ^^

• AvulAvul Member Posts: 196
    Originally posted by maskedweasel

I don't know if you played WildStar much at all, but it definitely isn't a game created for kids.  In fact it has a lot of innuendo and while its MOSTLY bleeped out.. there is plenty of "cursing".. .suggestive in nature.. plus any (stylized) blood and so on... I mean I'm not saying that it was made for ADULTS ONLY ....    but I'm saying that, it has things in it that were meant to appeal to "our age group".  

I would say the humour is created for adults and the story and art style is created for younger folks. It's a mix of both. I really enjoyed the funny part of WildStar but on the other hand disliked the whole main plot (up to lvl 50) and its different characters (not just NPCs.. also the general design of Aurins for example). I'm a little bit disappointed. For a new IP which doesn't have to stick to a certain "well known story" it's pretty bland and definitely targets more kids than adults.

Elite: Dangerous - Space Exploration & Trading.

• LisaFlexy22LisaFlexy22 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    Originally posted by slickbizzle

Game looks pretty fun to me.  Not sure if it is for the "No! That avatar is ME! This is real!" type crowd.

I just want to have some fun in a game for a change.

That's the thing - I thought the game looked pretty fun too.  Then I actually played the game and the fun / humor in the videos didn't carry into the game at all in my opinion.  But... some people really do enjoy it - perhaps you will be one of them.

• rogue187rogue187 Member Posts: 151

this...have fun themeparkers....or you could play wow :)

• rogue187rogue187 Member Posts: 151
    depends...is it better than wow? ( been i beta for about a yr) yes and no...better combat indeed..if you like action combat...better aesthitcs? thats subjective...better story? no. better raids? only did the lvl 20 dungeon  last yr and hell ya...was hard, even with telegraphs..but alas i'm not a themeparker so to you who want this game i wish you and game well..carbine put their heart into it :)
  • Tgiordano92Tgiordano92 Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Thought wildstar was pretty bland as well....was extremely excited at first....now I cant wait for 7 more hours...
  • ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    I too hated beta. I played the first weekend and have since given my other keys away. I believe I will now give up on mmo's and will go to consoles exclusively. It's sad too, because I started gaming with an mmo.