Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Benefits of Owning Keeps?

UzikUzik Member UncommonPosts: 281
Aside from the clan vendors and global bonuses, are there any guild specific benefits to owning keeps?

(Uzik ibnYaraq in game. Always willing to help.)
http://www.youtube.com/user/UzikAlJhamin

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Sir_Crowe
    (mod edit)

Why wont people grab the fact that MMO´s are games build to last ten years, they are huge enterprises and in general start with a firm base to build uppon. things like this will and can be added over time after release..  If they had to add all this stuff to a game at release, they probably would take like 2 or even more years longer in development.

Stuff like this will be added over time after release, don´t you worry.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Nope ESO pvp is a bragging rights system their is no risk involved its casual. 

Originally posted by SavageHorizon
    Nope ESO pvp is a bragging rights system their is no risk involved its casual. 

Well, just look at the PvE... i don´t think truely hardcore PvP would go very well with the casual PvE setting of this game..

But then who does really care about these things on the short run, as long as the PvP game is fun and people get personal rewards, its good enough for release.  

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    (mod edit)

Why wont people grab the fact that MMO´s are games build to last ten years, they are huge enterprises and in general start with a firm base to build uppon. things like this will and can be added over time after release..  If they had to add all this stuff to a game at release, they probably would take like 2 or even more years longer in development.

(mod edit)

My point is there are probably 1000 tiny fixes required .... 1000 tiny fixes is a huge amount of work.... be asured that the stuff you ask for will be added after release, because such is the nature of a good MMO.  

• MsPtibiscuitMsPtibiscuit Member Posts: 164

The only "real" bonus is the AH on keep, and it is alreay ruined by the fast-travel.

ESO hasn't the pretention to make a "real" RvR that is incorporated into the world or the PvE, or that restrict people from doing things in PvE. That's too bad, but that's like that

(mod edit)

(mod edit)

My point is there are probably 1000 tiny fixes required .... 1000 tiny fixes is a huge amount of work.... be asured that the stuff you ask for will be added after release, because such is the nature of a good MMO.  

(mod edit)

There is a huge difference between your vision of ESO not being a good MMO, and my vision of ESO being a great and fun game.....

Both are based on opinion..   and both these opinions dont change anything about the fact that its virtually impossible for the developers to add anything they want to a game before release.... If there is one type of game that has room for expansion and improvement then it is the MMO type of game.

But then if you don´t see any potential at all in this game, why keep posting in this forum? just a question you need to ask yourself, and i am actually quite interested in an honest answer..

• SetzerSetzer Member UncommonPosts: 261
    (mod edit)

Actually, ESO is a pretty damn good MMO!  That's my opinion, just like your opinion is it isn't very good.  That's all they are, nothing more.  So, I respect your opinion but don't go around posting it as if it were fact because you have others that feel the exact same way you do.  Guess what?  I have others that feel the same about ESO as I do.  

Something that amazes me around here is the number of people who say ESO isn't very good or is terrible, garbage, whatever...and yet they still want to hang around and talk about ESO.  Why do you want to continue feeding yourself something you don't like?  I just don't get it.

• DroosteelDroosteel Member Posts: 138
    (mod edit)

(mod edit)

(mod edit)

But then if you don´t see any potential at all in this game, 

Ahhh, potential, so powerful word and yet so meaningless when it comes to MMOs ( kinda developers/publishers own fault, people dont trust in vaporware any more, sorry)

Any MMO has limitless potential because with more/less work they can patch in...welll....anything. So when it comes to potential all MMOs have equal potential so it cnnot be used as any argument as its meaningless in itself.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

I want a time-machine, to go back to the 'golden age' (pre-wow), so i could actually watch and participate in some actual conversation about games on this site, instead of these ever present and abundant "My dad's better than your dad!" threads and posts.

GROW UP!  and stay on topic.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Fusion
    I want a time-machine, to go back to the 'golden age' (pre-wow), so i could actually watch and participate in some actual conversation about games on this site, instead of these ever present and abundant "My dad's better than your dad!" threads and posts.GROW UP!  and stay on topic.

+1

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

Capturing Elder Scrolls in Ava will give you slight stat bonuses.

Offensive Scrolls (orange icon) will give your alliance weapon power +5% for the first one and spell power +5% for the second.

Defensive Scrolls (blue icon) will give your alliance armor +5% for the first one and spell resistance +5% for the second.

If you are missing just one of your own you lose your bonuses for all captured scrolls.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• MpfiveMpfive Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Originally posted by Fusion

I want a time-machine, to go back to the 'golden age' (pre-wow), so i could actually watch and participate in some actual conversation about games on this site, instead of these ever present and abundant "My dad's better than your dad!" threads and posts.

GROW UP!  and stay on topic.

Agreed, this forum is just about scoring points on one another now, can be a real bitter place at time, I thought WoW forums were bad, sheesh!

• MeridiasBeaconMeridiasBeacon Member Posts: 86
    Originally posted by Uzik
    Aside from the clan vendors and global bonuses, are there any guild specific benefits to owning keeps?

Guild specific benefits other than the ones you mentioned: organized guilds will be the first ones to have members become emperors, those players will gain the emperor skill line (which is permanent once it's attained); however, the trick as a guild leader is to have dedicated players healing you and defending you at all times because getting killed in Cyrodiil won't put you on the top of the leader board of course.

• oldboygameroldboygamer Member Posts: 139
    (mod edit)

What makes you think this is a good argument? Why wait ten years for something to be good? It should be good from day one and then get better surely? In ten years time, or even a couple of years, something better will have come along. Yes of course things are added later to improve an mmo, but nothing should be held back on release to tease the players (especially since this is a sub game), it should be the best it can be at that time. To be honest I find it irritating at the very least to be told I should pay a sub for a few years and 'wait' for it to get better. I'm amazed how many people have such low expectations of mmo game developers these days. The genre really is on its knees.

If it takes another two years of development to add everything that should be in the game, then so be it. I'd rather wait for a fully formed game than have a sub-standard one released and then 'wait' for stuff to be added later. I guess I just expect to get more for my hard earned.

Originally posted by Patchez
    Originally posted by oldboygamer
    (mod edit)

What makes you think this is a good argument? Why wait ten years for something to be good? It should be good from day one and then get better surely? In ten years time, or even a couple of years, something better will have come along. Yes of course things are added later to improve an mmo, but nothing should be held back on release to tease the players (especially since this is a sub game), it should be the best it can be at that time. To be honest I find it irritating at the very least to be told I should pay a sub for a few years and 'wait' for it to get better. I'm amazed how many people have such low expectations of mmo game developers these days. The genre really is on its knees.

If it takes another two years of development to add everything that should be in the game, then so be it. I'd rather wait for a fully formed game than have a sub-standard one released and then 'wait' for stuff to be added later. I guess I just expect to get more for my hard earned.

(mod edit)

Just for the record I intend to play ESO. I played three beta weekends and I like it, but I get fed up of the attitude that we should be happy to buy half a game these days and wait for it to be completed later.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    (mod edit)

Line 10:  ++This post

Line 20: GOTO 10

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• niteflynitefly Member Posts: 340

What makes you think this is a good argument? Why wait ten years for something to be good? It should be good from day one and then get better surely? In ten years time, or even a couple of years, something better will have come along. Yes of course things are added later to improve an mmo, but nothing should be held back on release to tease the players (especially since this is a sub game), it should be the best it can be at that time. To be honest I find it irritating at the very least to be told I should pay a sub for a few years and 'wait' for it to get better. I'm amazed how many people have such low expectations of mmo game developers these days. The genre really is on its knees. If it takes another two years of development to add everything that should be in the game, then so be it. I'd rather wait for a fully formed game than have a sub-standard one released and then 'wait' for stuff to be added later. I guess I just expect to get more for my hard earned.
    I think the best response to this kind of worrying is to do what me and my mates have decided to do: Give ESO a year to mature. I will say that once a year has gone by you will have a much clearer picture in what direction the developers will take the game.

In my experience you don't loose out on anything by waiting to join a themepark MMO until later and you might even get a reduced box price or a free trial to help you decide.

I think the most important thing when it comes to a subscription MMO is to never give out a single dollar you don't absolutely believe the game developer has earned.

Originally posted by nitefly

I think the best response to this kind of worrying is to do what me and my mates have decided to do: Give ESO a year to mature. I will say that once a year has gone by you will have a much clearer picture in what direction the developers will take the game.

In my experience you don't loose out on anything by waiting to join a themepark MMO until later and you might even get a reduced box price or a free trial to help you decide.

I think the most important thing when it comes to a subscription MMO is to never give out a single dollar you don't absolutely believe the game developer has earned.

This is good advice and I would agree if it wasn't for my irrational desire to play newly released games and my irrational expectation that when I pay nearly a hundred quid for something it is the best it could be at that time. The mmo industry seems to get away with products that would be unacceptable for sale elsewhere, and that's our fault for buying into it.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500

While I am interested in the PVP in ESO, I'm not that interested right now.

I pretty much only PVP for cause, and just taking keeps for the heck of it is of no interest to me.

In DAOC I only fought when I wanted to help the realm take control of Darkness Falls, so I could get in there to PVE and earn gold.  (also helped on relic runs as well, but they were somewhat rare events)

I eventually moved over to the FFA server because the dynamic was quite different, large guilds took actual possession of specific keeps and defended them against all comers.

If we lost ours, we took it back, and never let up until we got it.  So it become "ours" and even rewarded our guild with extra bonuses for holding it.

Not seeing such a mechanic in ESO yet, so I'm not likely going to be out there very often. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    (mod edit)

that's because the imperial city is under siege.

uh waiit please, we have to start our fireworks now, could you lay of your siege for a sec here? that one over there wants a fire work

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by nitefly

Reason has no use here... the community suffers from NWS (Naggy Wife Syndrome).

They even forgot that ESO already made some changes to the game by listening to the player base.. however, the b!tching continues.

• SurfriderSurfrider Member UncommonPosts: 302
    Apologies for all the mod edits people.