Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When the market gets flooded with games you WANT to play.

jesadjesad Member UncommonPosts: 882

What happens then?

Right now, and I am sure that there will be plenty of people who will disagree with me but I am just stating the facts of my own reality here, there are several games out there that I really would enjoy playing, for a while.

Neverwinter - Good game.

Elder Scrolls Online - Good game.

Infinite Crisis - Not an MMORPG but I am having a lot of fun it and it still takes up my time so......Good game.

League of Legends - I play it with my family, and NOTHING is cooler than playing a game with your entire freaking family so again, even though it is not an MMORPG, it is still a good game.

Perpetuum Online - Ground floor access to an Eve Online like game featuring Mechs instead of space ships.  Good freaking game!!

Xyson - Not so much because I like it or because it is a good game (I do not vouch)  but because my friends like it, and the only thing that comes close to playing a game with your entire family is playing a game with all of your crazy assed friends.

EQ2 - Because I've played it forever.

Landmark - Because it looks like a lot of fun.

NEXT - which is going to slam right into my ESO time.

Diablo III

Borderlands 2

Final Fantasy XIV

Star Wars The Old Republic (which just got housing).

Seriously.  I could sit down to any one of these things and vege right out for an undecided amount of days, but who has the time?

Plus I like to come here and I also actually like to spend time with my wife.

Plus there are a whole slew of games coming around the corner that look pretty good too?

So what happens now?  Do I start complaining because there are too many games on the market that are good?

Comments

• jesadjesad Member UncommonPosts: 882

Plus I still like Age of Wushu, haven't even laid eyes on Star Trek (which I keep meaning to do) and still like to fall up into Champions every once in a while!

It's actually kind of sick.

• Bakkoda24Bakkoda24 Member UncommonPosts: 257
    I'm running into this problem with games I'm waiting on being released. Eternal Crusade, Skyforge, Wildstar, and a couple others that I really want to play but won't have the disposable income or the time to invest in 2-3 games of this size.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by jesad

So what happens now?  Do I start complaining because there are too many games on the market that are good?

nope.

But i feel you, man. TO me personally it is harder when i want to play 2,3,4 mmos and all have subscriptions. I have enough with 1 active sub. My only hope is that they all go Hybrid so i can play them all while sticking to the one i want to sub. Its ridiculous. Need more hybrid conversions this year. EDIT: i solve it pretty easy by alternating the sub month but it still sucks when you add the rest of other games out there.

Originally posted by Bakkoda24
    I'm running into this problem with games I'm waiting on being released. Eternal Crusade, Skyforge, Wildstar, and a couple others that I really want to play but won't have the disposable income or the time to invest in 2-3 games of this size.

I know right?  It's crazy right now.

• HulluckHulluck Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Wish I had this problem. I've played most of the stuff that I want to and just find myself looking at all the shortcuts and being undecided on what to play or if anything.  I just get up and do something else generally. I am looking forward to see how Age of Wonders 3 turns out.  If it's half way decent that will satisfy me for awhile. Really craving for another fallout installment.
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015

it has'nt happened to me yet so no problem there i guess :P

i'm more trying to find something that wont dissapoint wich most of them do in some way or another after awhile

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430

..and at the same time, there's not a single game i'd consider to spend time in. I've been a gamer for more than 25 years, and never before have i been in this situation.

I'm happy you guys have lots of games to choose from, but this just confirms my suspects that all games are made for the same crowd these days. There used to have games for every taste, now there's only one that has to fit for everyone.

Originally posted by rojo6934

nope.

But i feel you, man. TO me personally it is harder when i want to play 2,3,4 mmos and all have subscriptions. I have enough with 1 active sub. My only hope is that they all go Hybrid so i can play them all while sticking to the one i want to sub. Its ridiculous. Need more hybrid conversions this year. EDIT: i solve it pretty easy by alternating the sub month but it still sucks when you add the rest of other games out there.

I'm probably just going to have to miss a couple of things, a few less if I can convince my wife to take a few classes over the summer :P

Originally posted by deniter

..and at the same time, there's not a single game i'd consider to spend time in. I've been a gamer for more than 25 years, and never before have i been in this situation.

I'm happy you guys have lots of games to choose from, but this just confirms my suspects that all games are made for the same crowd these days. There used to have games for every taste, now there's only one that has to fit for everyone.

I don't know man, there's a fair amount of variety in that list I put up there alone, and I didn't even touch some of the things these other folks are mentioning (many of which I am looking up as we speak), there has to be SOMETHING out there that you like?

What are your tastes?

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430

I don't know man, there's a fair amount of variety in that list I put up there alone, and I didn't even touch some of the things these other folks are mentioning (many of which I am looking up as we speak), there has to be SOMETHING out there that you like?

You're right, i might have exaggerated a bit. I'll probably buy Perpetuum when it goes B2P, and Borderlands 2 is lots of fun, only it's not MMO.

You're right, i might have exaggerated a bit. I'll probably buy Perpetuum when it goes B2P, and Borderlands 2 is lots of fun, only it's not MMO.

I think Perpetuum is gonna be a sleeper just like Eve was in the beginning.  Good to get in now while it's still young.  And you're right, Borderlands is not an MMO but if you can get even one person to play it with you it becomes twice as much fun as it is playing it solo, and that fun/headache goes up exponentially with each additional person hehe.

Glad you found some pics though cause I was all about going into suggestion mode for a minute. :)

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Make a schedule. Game one on Mondays. Game two Tuesdays etc etc. If you have more than 7.games break days up

*bows* your welcome.

This was my system from late 2012 through 2013.

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

I have this problem with single-player games. I've still not played through Dark Souls and Black Flag, have played far too little of Civ 5, have a ton of great indie games like Legend of Grimrock half-finished, want to play the newest Splinter Cell, the second DLC of Bioshock Infinite just came out (I bet it sucks as much as the first one did, but eh, got the season pass for 5 euros) and the next month will be horribly awesome.

Why? Because Age of Wonders 3 and Dark Souls 2 come out next month. That's two more games I could sink hundreds of hours into. I can't even consider getting into a new MMO at this point.

I guess the solution is setting up an order and playing them in that order. I'll run out of games eventually. I hope.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    I play them all... truth
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

Originally posted by apocoluster
    Make a schedule. Game one on Mondays. Game two Tuesdays etc etc. If you have more than 7.games break days up *bows* your welcome. This was my system from late 2012 through 2013.

I might actually try that.

• Man_of_LeisureMan_of_Leisure Member Posts: 37
    I would pinch myself and wake up. Well, maybe I'd enjoy it a bit first.
  • JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
    Not my problem because I'm very picky.  For you all I would make a list of things you want from an mmo then check off which of these satisfies the most numbers on your list.  Put it at the top and play it first.

• TbauTbau Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 401

I'm probably just going to have to miss a couple of things, a few less if I can convince my wife to take a few classes over the summer :P

Looking at your list I see plenty of F2P games. Prioritize them. A F2P game means you can jump in and out and not lose money. So, play a sub based game and a F2P game and when you grow tired of the F2P, drop it for another F2P for a while and just jump back and forth between them while playing the sub game until you get tired of that. Then cancel and start up another sub game.

Sometimes playing two MMOs actually helps them last longer as you are not trapped in one style of gameplay for long periods.

• epichokieepichokie Member Posts: 14

I am in the same boat and knew it was coming this year when I was in the ESO beta, the Wildstar beta, and the Titanfall beta all at the end or beginning of this year.  They are all fun games and in their own ways.  I just got a code beta code for Landmark. Then Destiny drops in September which I am looking forward to and then right at the end of the year Evolve comes out which looks really sweet as well. 

Being at the age where I have a family and 3 kids (2 of which are younger) its hard to get in as much gaming as I could when I was single a YDFC.  This should be a great year for gaming just probably not a great one for my health or sleep.

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141

Well lucky for me I don't play pure F2P games because it's not free if you want to have fun and I like to have fun when I play games.  So that removes a good chunk of the recent titles.   I did enjoy FF14 but there is no real PvP to speak of so the motivation to play is not there for me.

I'm looking forward to ESO and maybe Wildstar (still cant figure that one it) , it looks more like a goofy animated cartoon but we will see.  Repopulation looks interesting but their payment model does not.  Again micro transations shouldn't be part of gaming in my opinion, it ruins the game design and immersion.

So I guess I'm mostly waiting for the industry to turn the ship around back to solid game design without the cash tentacles.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    There are hardly any online games I want to play currently and if I did I would have the problem you are no doubt having now. Simply not enough gamers to play them all, resulting in low populations on many games.
  • LyrianLyrian Member UncommonPosts: 412

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!  Should I live to such a blissful age of there being more than one game to play. Then I'll play them all!

The way it trends right now. Games rarely last longer than 1-4 weeks to beat anyway!

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

It happens to me all the time. Right now, games i want to play but can't fit all in my schedule including ....

Diablo 3 RoS

Tomb Raider

Sniper Elite v2

Max Payne 3

Marvel Heroes

STO

... and I have all of these, and more, on my HD. So i have not even talked about the games i do not own.

That is why i post here mostly at work.

And i have not even talked about other entertainment like TV shows i follow, and novels i am reading.

So what do i do? I play/do whatever i fancy at the moment. It is a good problem.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

In the same boat am playing FF XIII now am waiting for my HD FF X and X-2 to be delivered. Playing Tales of Xillia and SWTOR (Subbed). Do not think I can manage TESO and Wildstar since I am also waiting for Ni No Kuni Wrath of the White Witch. With all these games and possibly also playing Tales of Grace and may be Reaper of Souls D 3 I am really at a loss which to drop.

I think ESO and Wildstar will be the casualties.

Incidently can anyone help me I am terrible with controllers but the movement is so exaggerated and the view swings like mad .I even bought an eagle eye but I have to rest my right elbow so am trying to lie back and use a controller but I must be doing something wrong for it to move so fast and crazylike. My son says I press the dualshock controller things too hard.

Chamber of Chains
  • Cephus404Cephus404 Member CommonPosts: 3,675
    If this was ever the case then I'd play as many games as I could.  However, this is not and will likely never be the case for me because it's not really the games that I hate, it's the people playing the games.  So long as humanity is self-centered, egotistical, obnoxious asshats, I don't want to play with them in a game.  Thus, I either play MMOs that I can solo or I don't play MMOs at all.

Played: UO, EQ, WoW, DDO, SWG, AO, CoH, EvE, TR, AoC, GW, GA, Aion, Allods, lots more
    Relatively Recently (Re)Played: HL2 (all), Halo (PC, all), Batman:AA; AC, ME, BS, DA, FO3, DS, Doom (all), LFD1&2, KOTOR, Portal 1&2, Blink, Elder Scrolls (all), lots more
    Now Playing: None
    Hope: None