Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please STOP saying you cannot see your buffs/debuffs after the API changes

It is all right here - those of you claiming you cannot after the API changes are totally misinformed.  It no longer shows what the other player is casting, etc. but the NEW API still allows a hell of a lot of information to be shown!!

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info27-WarLegendHUD.html

Functionalities:

New Player's HP, Magicka and Stamina Bars (Current and Percent)
New Player's Damage Shield display (amount and percent bar)

New Target's HP, Magicka and Stamina Bars
New Target's Damage Shield display (amount)
Shows Target's Faction

Shows Target's Target
Shows Target's Target HP, Magicka and Stamina Bars

Shows Player's Buffs and Debuffs
Shows Target's Buffs and Debuffs
Shows Buffs and Debuffs Timer and Stack Count

Shows Player's CastBar
Shows Target's CastBar
Shows Target's Target CastBar

New Horse's Stamina Bar
New Siege Weapon's Health Bar

Shows Game's Memory Usage
Choose between English or French Language

Comments

• KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Knotwood

They already have a thread on this subject.  In before the lock!!!!

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/821/view/forums/thread/408545/ZOS_PaulSage-FOLLOWUP-RECENT-CHANGES-TO-API.html

How is linking and showing an addon the same as that other thread?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Distopia

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/821/view/forums/thread/408545/ZOS_PaulSage-FOLLOWUP-RECENT-CHANGES-TO-API.html

It are two very different things...  

In the official post he explains why some things are not possible

this addon shows those exact same things are possible in to some extent

the addons uses information comming from the floating combat text.

and allows to see exactly those things the developers dont want you to see in this way

so while the mod may be still functional right now

i think furter api changes may be comming in to prevent this mob from showing this info..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Originally posted by Distopia

It are two very different things...  

In the official post he explains why some things are not possible

this addon shows those exact same things are possible in to some extent

the addons uses information comming from the floating combat text.

and allows to see exactly those things the developers dont want you to see in this way

so while the mod may be still functional right now

i think furter api changes may be comming in to prevent this mob from showing this info..

Possibly, especially after his wording today.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

That list of functionality doesn't look up to date post-API changes. Check out the changelog:

"Removed Target's Target Frame, can't track info anymore
    Removed Magicka and Stamina Bars for Target since you can't track them anymore"

I don't think this thing is doing stuff the API no longer allows. If it does, I expect them to make sure it can't. :)

• JHenryJHenry Member Posts: 188
    Originally posted by MikeB

That list of functionality doesn't look up to date post-API changes. Check out the changelog:

I don't think this thing is doing stuff the API no longer allows. If it does, I expect them to make sure it can't. :)

His words are still inconsistent though especially on how he promotes his Addons, and the comments he applied on comment section saying that this is post API change.

SOLA - www.solaguild.com
    (christian guild. Being christian is not required for membership though)

• MsPtibiscuitMsPtibiscuit Member Posts: 164
    You can't see the buff/debuff that lasts less than 30 seconds.
  • Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527

It was updated 3/23 so I am just hoping it works because FTC did not work last weekend beta due to API changes but it looks like this one was.  We can hope, lol  IF not I am sure something will be figured out soon or hope so!!  

I am just so glad the minimap addon works as I just need that myself!

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

They are pulling information from the rolling combat text, and they use the actual information from the spell descriptions to complement that info to present information that the developers actually want to prevent from being shown. The information however is less then accurate. 

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821
    Originally posted by Deerhunter71

It is all right here - those of you claiming you cannot after the API changes are totally misinformed.  It no longer shows what the other player is casting, etc. but the NEW API still allows a hell of a lot of information to be shown!!

Functionalities:

Shows Target's Faction

Shows Target's Target

Shows Player's CastBar
    Shows Target's CastBar

New Horse's Stamina Bar

Whats with the term "new"?

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593
    Originally posted by Hrotha

Functionalities:

Shows Target's Faction

Shows Target's Target

Shows Player's CastBar
    Shows Target's CastBar

New Horse's Stamina Bar

Whats with the term "new"?

He is still working on the add-on. New is the new way to get the information.

I believe he gets this New info from the scrolling combat text. Not sure how he does it tho. Im not a programer.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

It was updated 3/23 so I am just hoping it works because FTC did not work last weekend beta due to API changes but it looks like this one was.  We can hope, lol  IF not I am sure something will be figured out soon or hope so!!  

Speak for yourself. :) I actually don't hope it works. However, if it does, I'm confident ZOS will ensure that any disabled functionality that has somehow been enabled with this is quickly rectified.

• ZyxxZyxx Member UncommonPosts: 49
    They should delete those add-ons that doesnt work correctly now!
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

Functionalities:

I am sure you are correct but:

Zenimax have - basically - said they want to remove add-ons. And if this change to the API doesn't achieve what they want then they will change the API again - and again - and again.

Who knows what will remain in the end. As it stands I would assume that all add-ons are under threat - including mini-maps! They may be there on day 1 but beyond that? 

Speak for yourself. :) I actually don't hope it works. However, if it does, I'm confident ZOS will ensure that any disabled functionality that has somehow been enabled with this is quickly rectified.

Lets not talk about the Mini map! Itll get nerfed because it shows you too much info on the surrounding area your in!

Im liking the other mods, not sure how it works really. Seems to take info from the combat logs, then use some kind of timer to count down buffs.

Speaking for myself. I find it modders to be pure genius. No matter how they nerf/gut the API they come up with other ways to show us information that MMOs have been showing us for years.

I guess Im horribad. I cant play the game. I need info to play...the game.

Originally posted by gervaise1

Functionalities:

Zenimax have - basically - said they want to remove add-ons. And if this change to the API doesn't achieve what they want then they will change the API again - and again - and again.

Who knows what will remain in the end. As it stands I would assume that all add-ons are under threat - including mini-maps! They may be there on day 1 but beyond that? 

ZOS did not say they wanted to remove add-ons. wtf. They said they removed parts of the API that game players an advantage.

• venatsvenats Member Posts: 106

Functionalities:

Shows Target's Faction

Shows Target's Target

Shows Player's CastBar
    Shows Target's CastBar

New Horse's Stamina Bar

I hope you realize that this is old... you cannot see cast bars or target's target frames in the new API.

None of what you posted even had anything to do with the buff/debuff issue.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Originally posted by Daxamar

Functionalities:

ZOS did not say they wanted to remove add-ons. wtf. They said they removed parts of the API that game players an advantage.

Which is what I said!

By definition an add-on - at some level - provides an advantage. Mini-maps are one topic that often generates heated debate but I have seen others involving crafting. And if PvE apps help people to gear up faster and therefore have an early edge in PvP .....

So IF Zenimax intend - as they say - to remove those parts of the API that provide an advantage then .....

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

Functionalities:

Which is what I said!

By definition an add-on - at some level - provides an advantage. Mini-maps are one topic that often generates heated debate but I have seen others involving crafting. And if PvE apps help people to gear up faster and therefore have an early edge in PvP .....

So IF Zenimax intend - as they say - to remove those parts of the API that provide an advantage then .....

That is a odd way to look at add-ons.  For me add-ons fall into several categories.  There are quality of life add-ons like the gear manager and UI changes, there are enhanced information add-ons like rolling combat text and modified UI elements, than there are cheat add-ons like the ones that pop up a box telling you to block or even executing the block for you.  Obviously Zenimax wanted to remove all of the third and some of the second that gave to more information about your opponents then they wanted but they left the first category intact.  Hardly what I would call them saying they "want to remove add-ons" as if that was the case why not just pull the API completely?

Originally posted by venats

Functionalities:

Shows Target's Faction

Shows Target's Target

Shows Player's CastBar
    Shows Target's CastBar

New Horse's Stamina Bar

I hope you realize that this is old... you cannot see cast bars or target's target frames in the new API.

None of what you posted even had anything to do with the buff/debuff issue.

Old? It was last updated march 23rd for the 1.8 patch. AFTER they gutted the API. O.o

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527

Yeah no idea what he says is old, lol  And it does show buffs/debuffs which is one of the big issues and I am sure there are others but oh well - cannot make everyone happy....

Functionalities:

Which is what I said!

Seeing my buffs and debuffs gives me an advantage? Helping me choose BIS is an advantage. Something as simple, and needed as a mini map is an advantge?

Im goin to have to re-read the whole ZOS_Sage post on there stand on Add-ons then.

• the420kidthe420kid Member UncommonPosts: 440

I think the API changes are a good thing..

I dont want spell alert to tell me xx incoming hit block..

I dont want a mod like decursive to exists as it did in WOW pre api nerf

I want to change my UI add tools for my own stuff but as far as enemy';s I want to play the game not the UI I want to watch animations and react how I think is right not what a mod tells me to do.

Originally posted by the420kid

I think the API changes are a good thing..

I dont want spell alert to tell me xx incoming hit block..

I dont want a mod like decursive to exists as it did in WOW pre api nerf

I want to change my UI add tools for my own stuff but as far as enemy';s I want to play the game not the UI I want to watch animations and react how I think is right not what a mod tells me to do.

The API changes are good. They allowed way too much info to be given out. They gutted the API. They said they will monitor the situation.

But, if you dont want an add on telling you whats happening. Simple. Do not use add-ons.

I like bacon. You  dont like bacon. We can both coexist. Ill eat the bacon. You dont have to eat bacon. Why should I give up bacon, just cause you dont like it?

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

If it's reading scrolling combat text and using the info provided to estimate effects based off pooled information from tooltips.

Then I don't see a fix unless they remove ALL combat info (application of buffs / debuffs and useage of abilities)

If there is another way to do this please tell me, I've been wracking my brain for the past few minutes to think of a solution.

I mean technically you could even have an overlay that just reads the text and uses a data table to estimate and calculate effects if FFXIV showed us anything.  So even if they remove all API functions they'll have a problem IMO.