Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fast or Slow? What are you going to do?

Comments

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by baphamet

Originally posted by MMOExposed
    you, me, everybody on this forum know damn well, the people that voted "SLOW" are lying through their teeth. come on,,, lets be real here people. you same people said the same thing pre GW2 launch. And we see how that turned out

maybe some are "lying" but i'm not. i don't power through content in any game, i am also a crafter and that slows leveling down for me a lot as well.

but even if i was the type to rush to max level, i still wouldn't do it in this game if it meant skipping most of the shyshards to do it.

in most mmo's you will gimp your character if you do that but in ESO it will be even worse.

JMO

The reason I am calling your bluff is because ESO's crafting system is still based on the root system of Levels. You need mats from higher levels to craft newer items. So even as a crafter you will need some experience.

You like every other MMO gamer before you that made this same claim, will be leveling fast.

You are using a clever use on my wording to claim you wont level fast. "like who defined whats fast or not?"

I know you will not be leveling slow like many people are claiming in this thread. they always say this.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Originally posted by Hokie
    you, me, everybody on this forum know damn well, the people that voted "SLOW" are lying through their teeth. come on,,, lets be real here people. you same people said the same thing pre GW2 launch. And we see how that turned out

No real reason for people to lie.

I imagine there will be times where I want to knock out a few levels quickly to get that new passive or to be able to use that awesome armor/weapon but I think most people will take their time.

Now how much and how quickly people play varies, but for the most part my bets are on people slowing down to enjoy a game that is made to be enjoyed.

Many people have a reason to lie. Because its the politically correct thing to say around here is that you wont rush to max level. But reality wise we know thats not going to be the case.

Originally posted by Scot
    The total amount of work put into end game by the devs is about 10%, TESO may be somewhat more than that for a couple of reasons, so lets say 15%. Am I going to run through 85% of the content just to get to the 15% end game. NO.

Its politically correct to say what you just did.

But we know thats not going to be the case. Like all modern level based MMOs. The level content is useless filler content. and we all know it. Some of us lie to ourselves but our subconscious know it. which is why we naturally speed level and not even realize it.

Endgame is the point when the progression seems meaningful. You can explore the whole world at that point and even more max level endgame zones in the other faction zones.

Also you have full access to gear and skills unlike a low level. More is better when it comes to this.

• HabitualFrogStompHabitualFrogStomp Member UncommonPosts: 370
    The total amount of work put into end game by the devs is about 10%, TESO may be somewhat more than that for a couple of reasons, so lets say 15%. Am I going to run through 85% of the content just to get to the 15% end game. NO.

I think the term you're looking for is "irrefutable fact".

There is realistically no difference between killing a mob with a number 15 above its head than a number 50 above its head. Content is content, and the vast majority of it in this game can be found sub 50. After 50 you're relying on largely other players to be your content, because at that stage the content created by developers has been exhausted, or skipped entirely. 

There is nothing in my subconscious or otherwise telling me that buying a game and rushing past the vast majority of it is a worthwhile venture.

In my opinion, those who rush past the majority of the game are playing checkers, those who want to learn every aspect of the game in its entirety, they're playing chess.

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812
    Im not voting because the poll is dumb. I will play this game however I feel compelled to play it in the time I will have allowed for it.
  • Justin83xJustin83x Member Posts: 406

Originally posted by lttexxan

Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by Skeeter50
    I will play in a way that my char is "complete" and powerful.

lmao, so you have no plan at all... :p

seems an appropriate response from a "bully"

Originally posted by Natjur
    I like to start off slow, and then get faster and faster.... Wait, what are we talking about again?

ask your sister...she will refresh your memory.....

Your first post seemed like you were against bullies. Then the second post made me smdh. Very confusing when people get on to someone for certain behaviors, and then turn around doing the same thing they just called someone out on.

• SmarnyPeteSmarnyPete Member Posts: 69

How are you going to do it, fast or slow. Are you going to jump in and gogogo to 50, then try to capitalize, or are you going to read every book and take it easy?

I've been planning on 10-50 in Cyrodiil, but the last day or so, I've been contemplating gritting my teeth and questing to 50 as fast as possible. I feel torn image

What are you going to do?

I've got a theory about MMOs. I take them slow and don't MMO hop which allows me to stick with a MMO for at least a year, but I can stick with my RvR games for a few years.. SWG - 2-3 years. DAoC - 3 plus years.  Warhammer - With closed Beta, close to 3 years. Darkfall - off and on. GW2 - Got in 1st media beta weekend and with live, over two years.

Theory cont - Those that speed through a game will hop as soon as the next game releases if they haven't quit aleady. There are guids that show you every skyshard, every map, every nook and crany in Cyrodill, every craft, every shit left by a mob. I'll avoid all this stuff and enjoy the ride. I'll be max level soon enough. Probably faster then I hope.

Non RvR games I take it even slower due to end game being the most boring thing I can possible due. End game will become end of game. RvR games I can play for a long long time.

• TazmahnTazmahn Member Posts: 17
    Slow... especially early on as I will grind gather and craft as much as possible to ensure I will always be kept in decent gear.
  • LisaFlexy22LisaFlexy22 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    I'll be going slow as hell exploring everywhere, opening every crate, reading all books, fishing for rare fish, etc.
  • ArdnutArdnut Member Posts: 188

speed kills, or so they say

besides, why rush to get anywhere? you never know what you'll miss out there. and if your paying for the ride might as well take your time and enjoy yourself

i look this wrecked because i've got GIST.
    Whats your excuse?
    http://deadmanrambling.com/

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

But we know thats not going to be the case. Like all modern level based MMOs. The level content is useless filler content. and we all know it. Some of us lie to ourselves but our subconscious know it. which is why we naturally speed level and not even realize it.

Endgame is the point when the progression seems meaningful. You can explore the whole world at that point and even more max level endgame zones in the other faction zones.

Also you have full access to gear and skills unlike a low level. More is better when it comes to this.

Always takes me forever, hell I never hit max level in TOR and played for months. I rushed through in the old days as there wasn't much to miss, today that's different as 90% of the game is in the leveling process. No reason to rush toward something that's not there.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• DigitallyEndowedDigitallyEndowed Member Posts: 125

Like most others in this thread I’ll be levelling very slowly indeed. I will be exploring every nook and cranny, reading every book, searching every crate so on so forth.

I also plan to invest heavily in crafting asap but will also be honing my character for combat so it’s going to take a while to build up those skill points.

I have levelled very slowly in every MMO I have played and  if there’s any MMO to do that in it’s this one so I see no reason to change my approach.

By the time I am max level I will have many more skills points than those who choose to rush, which means many more potential playstyles, not to mention the economic freedom and sheer value my early investment in crafting will bring me.

Going to have a blast!

• DigitallyEndowedDigitallyEndowed Member Posts: 125

Not quite the case with ESO.

All progression while levelling is meaningful. Skills points are essential to character power and versatility and you’ll be getting them a hell of a lot faster if you really take your time and complete as much of the levelling content as you can.

Also if you’re a crafter like myself you are going to want to explore and loot as much as possible to obtain the rare and highly sought after racial crafting styles.

But more importantly than any of that other stuff, some people like myself actually find the levelling experience FUN, and see no reason to rush to end game and unnecessarily skip out on a bunch of that FUN.

Questing feels far less generic for me and the quests themselves can be incredibly immersive imho, not to mention the game world itself is beautiful and exciting to explore.

I see the whole game not just the end game, and I want to play on it all, not just a portion of it.

But that's me! Each to their own.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Ah that explains it...you don't like playing MMOs, you just like what happens after the game is over.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301
    The journey is part of the fun. I'll play slow.

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

I imagine there will be times where I want to knock out a few levels quickly to get that new passive or to be able to use that awesome armor/weapon but I think most people will take their time.

Now how much and how quickly people play varies, but for the most part my bets are on people slowing down to enjoy a game that is made to be enjoyed.

Many people have a reason to lie. Because its the politically correct thing to say around here is that you wont rush to max level. But reality wise we know thats not going to be the case.

Ohh come on. Politically correct? So you think all of us 120ish people somehow got together and decided what we were going to pick before we picked it, and that this isnt really our own opinion, and that somehow someone is directing us?

That was such a weak excuse to support your argument or theory. 

Why is it so hard to accept that 75% of the people dont want to rush to end game?

There is no conspiracy against you, I promise. Our opinions are our own.

Psst hey guys. Should we include him in our MMORPG secret society? I think hes on to us.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Ohh come on. Politically correct? So you think all of us 120ish people somehow got together and decided what we were going to pick before we picked it, and that this isnt really our own opinion, and that somehow someone is directing us?

That was such a weak excuse to support your argument or theory. 

Why is it so hard to accept that 75% of the people dont want to rush to end game?

There is no conspiracy against you, I promise. Our opinions are our own.

Psst hey guys. Should we include him in our MMORPG secret society? I think hes on to us.

There's no reason to hide it anymore we're outed, it's all over he's on to us.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• lttexxanlttexxan Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Originally posted by Justin83x

Originally posted by Skeeter50
    I will play in a way that my char is "complete" and powerful.

lmao, so you have no plan at all... :p

seems an appropriate response from a "bully"

Originally posted by Natjur
    I like to start off slow, and then get faster and faster.... Wait, what are we talking about again?

ask your sister...she will refresh your memory.....

Your first post seemed like you were against bullies. Then the second post made me smdh. Very confusing when people get on to someone for certain behaviors, and then turn around doing the same thing they just called someone out on.

A jest...or a jape if you prefer.

It's better to lurk in forums and be thought a fool...than to endlessly "Quote" and remove all doubts.

Originally posted by Iselin

Ah that explains it...you don't like playing MMOs, you just like what happens after the game is over.

Leveling isnt the game. its the tutorial, NOT THE GAME.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by Iselin

No, it's not, it's the game. Once I get to cap I generally roll an alt or leave the game entirely, if all there is to do is raid or die.

This title does have some extra appeal in that I can go visit the other two realms and look for shards and stuff, (assuming I haven't already done so on my alts) but that is only of interest in terms of how well I can flesh out my PVP build for end game RVR (which is largely pointless at this point from my viewpoint until they provide us with a good cause to fight for.

No, pretty much, no rush for me, I don't see any "endgame" to really get to yet.

Besides, I play EVE, I'm a master of patience.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SIRKRASIRKRA Member UncommonPosts: 66
    definitely SLOW, real life and society are already so fast to not been able to enjoy every single day of, so let's at least enjoy a virtual game!
  • DamediusDamedius Member Posts: 346

This could be one of the more ludicrous statements you've made on the forums. That's saying something.

You're implying that most games are just big tutorials, with no content.  Think about how ridiculous that is.

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794
    Originally posted by keenber
    I voted slow but i guess compared to when i played EQ and it took me 2 years to reach level 15 it will be fast. I usually let my crafting needs dictate my leveling.

Me too :) . I plan on playing and socializing as much as posible,  I love my solo time, but enjoy group time just as much if not more, why else play an online game :). And ignore the content locust , that will burn threw all the content in a week or less and let them move on.

How many times has some one said (after getting to or close to max level) , the low levels were so much fun, or miss them :)

As Kano once said https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8bVVYuy4HU&feature=youtu.be&t=49s

• Moar61Moar61 Member UncommonPosts: 260
    Slooooowwwwwwwww. 
  • AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798
    I'll be playing about as slowly as I do the single-player Elder Scrolls titles. I want to experience all of the content and explore the world and not feel rushed. I'm not going to let any of my friends pressure me to go through the game any faster than I want to. They probably won't stick around for long anyway...