Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The imperial race

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

With less then 127 hours ago till 5 day pre release, i want to adress my concerns for the Imperial race..

Actually i am still very much dissapointed that it was still using the Breton graphics last beta test.... i think they should at least add some different haircuts, tatoos and stuff like that, so we can make our Imperials look like Imperials..

Nothing about this on the official boards? Atleast no information i can find...

Currently it feels like a very very cheap solution, and this is one of the things they really need to adress before pre release, because adressing it any later will get people even more dissapointed.  Now give me some millitairy haircuts for my Imperial battlemage...  as i said Zenimax, you have less then 127 hours to aquire this

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Seems i am the only one dissapointed with the character creation options of the Imperial...

only 122 hours to go till pre release

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Imperials are not a race, that is going to cause them some issues with how they are meant to look. Bretons are a good stand in. To be honest I think the game will have more pressing concerns than this at launch.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Scot
    Imperials are not a race, that is going to cause them some issues with how they are meant to look. Bretons are a good stand in. To be honest I think the game will have more pressing concerns than this at launch.

With just over 120 hours till pre release, i guess everyone has its own concerns, this is one of mine... The race i paid extra for, should atleast have some unique visual options at release...

• AroukosAroukos Member Posts: 571
    So, paying the Box price (~55$) + monthly fee (14.99$) is not enough to unlock all of the races in a subscription game. Nice one...
  • DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Yeah, I'd say it's reasonable to want something actually unique when paying extra for a product.
    Then i guess its ok if they release a more expensive edition than the collector's and put another 2 locked races in it, right? In a subscription game...lol...
  • Justin83xJustin83x Member Posts: 406
    Originally posted by Aroukos
    So, paying the Box price (~55$) + monthly fee (14.99$) is not enough to unlock all of the races in a subscription game. Nice one...

You get all, but one for the normal price. The race you don't get originally wasn't even going to be playable at release. I hate how people act like ESO is doing brand new things when it comes to pricing, and added options for a LE of the game. Every single sub based game has done something like this, /since/ the beginning of sub based games. Why do people get up in arms when ESO does it is beyond me. Maybe gamers have just reached new lows in how whiny they are. Not I'm not saying the person I quoted is whiny. They just made me remember all those whiners, and these are my just my thoughts.

• Charlie.CheswickCharlie.Cheswick Member UncommonPosts: 469
    Then i guess its ok if they release a more expensive edition than the collector's and put another 2 locked races in it, right? In a subscription game...lol...

Yes.

On the other hand, you could always run for congress with a platform based on making this activity illegal. At that point, it would not be ok.

-Chuckles
  • MpfiveMpfive Member UncommonPosts: 308

Could be worse, could have a payed level 90 boost in a sub game ;)

Guess that gets a free pass with you though

Originally posted by Justin83x

You get all, but one for the normal price. The race you don't get originally wasn't even going to be playable at release. I hate how people act like ESO is doing brand new things when it comes to pricing, and added options for a LE of the game. Every single sub based game has done something like this, /since/ the beginning of sub based games. Why do people get up in arms when ESO does it is beyond me. Maybe gamers have just reached new lows in how whiny they are. Not I'm not saying the person I quoted is whiny. They just made me remember all those whiners, and these are my just my thoughts.

Can you pls tell me another sub based game which had locked races in release for standard editions? Is it whining to expect having all races when you buy the standard edition of the game and pay a sub too?

• WarThorWarThor Member UncommonPosts: 41

Can you pls tell me another sub based game which had locked races in release for standard editions? Is it whining to expect having all races when you buy the standard edition of the game and pay a sub too?

Either pay to play your way or save and don't play its your money you need it now.  Lol give me my Obama phone blah blah blah.  Take it as is or leave it.  If you cant afford this then maybe work on leveling up in real life.

• MsPtibiscuitMsPtibiscuit Member Posts: 164

Apparently, it has become a standard now to have a cash shop and "DLC" in subscription-based MMO. Damn, you'd have proposed that 3 years ago, and people would have fucking shitstormed like hell. Now, people are even defending this because "this is for rewarding the fans".

I guess marketers done their job right, slowly but surely

Originally posted by WarThor

Either pay to play your way or save and don't play its your money you need it now.  Lol give me my Obama phone blah blah blah.  Take it as is or leave it.  If you cant afford this then maybe work on leveling up in real life.

Yes, i always liked smart and polite answers like this.

So thats the answer. Despite its a sub based game, they still can lock and sell everything they want (even Races), any way the want. OK got it.

Originally posted by MsPtibiscuit

Apparently, it has become a standard now to have a cash shop and "DLC" in subscription-based MMO. Damn, you'd have proposed that 3 years ago, and people would have fucking shitstormed like hell. Now, people are even defending this because "this is for rewarding the fans".

I guess marketers done their job right, slowly but surely

That's what i m trying to point, but unfortunately there is a brainwash to ppl by companies.

• NagilumSadowNagilumSadow Member UncommonPosts: 318
    I can sympathize with your point on Imperial; it's not exactly standard to withhold an entire race given this is sub based -- though, myself, I have no problem with it. The unlock will probably be sold on the shop later.

Is there at least an edition that has the EU servers placed to EU?

It will be a smart move for them to put the EU servers in a separate edition or in a cash shop.

Standard-Collector editions = EU servers to US

Server Edition = EU servers to EU

I guess they have the right to do it also.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

So thats the answer. Despite its a sub based game, they still can lock and sell everything they want (even Races), any way the want. OK got it.

Yes, that's the answer and always has been.

They can do whatever they want to, as long as it's legal (or as long as their lawyers can make it so). It's their product and they can decide how to monetize it as much or as little as they like.

It's up to their custiomers to decide what they will pay for though.

• PatchezPatchez Member Posts: 58
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Originally posted by Scot

With just over 120 hours till pre release, i guess everyone has its own concerns, this is one of mine... The race i paid extra for, should atleast have some unique visual options at release...

If the "race" is being delivered as advertised at the time you purchased it, then I can't see how you are entitled to additional customization options for it? Surely, you would expect to get what you paid for, as advertised when you paid for it. No more, no less?

If you now want extra options on top of your extra "race", you should pay something extra for it on top of the price of the special edition?

EDIT:

I think Zeni will probably add some extra hair cuts and tattoos etc for the Imperial "race" to the cash shop for like £5 a throw...problem solved :)

• Justin83xJustin83x Member Posts: 406

If you bothered reading carefully, you would see I said that they have done something like that. That does not mean the exact same thing. It means something like it. In other words they offer more content in the CE, or LE versions of the games. Sometimes it's a meaningless armor set. Sometimes it's weapons. Sometimes it's races. The item doesn't matter as long as it's nearly meaningless. Which being an imperial (which wasn't even going to be playable) is basically meaningless. It doesn't offer any advantages at all. So why does it matter when there are 9 other races?

• LisaFlexy22LisaFlexy22 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    Personally I've found the character customization disappointing.  While robust with lots of options, they did a very poor job differentiating the races.  Every race has the same beard options (hardly any), hair styles for the most part, etc.
  • kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    What's so great about imperials besides they can be on any faction?
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

No p2p mmo at launch had a locked race ever and those that keep on saying but wow has payed level 90 and no one complains, actually people complained or you didn't bother looking at the wow forums?

And besides wow did NOT have a locked race at launch so using that game to defend this is bull.

They should have had some unique armour/weapon from the single player version as skin to add on existing armour and some gear that boosts exp till x levels like most mmorpgs give not a mount and a race as premium for the collector edition.

• NagilumSadowNagilumSadow Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Originally posted by kabitoshin
    What's so great about imperials besides they can be on any faction?

Better noses. XD

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

I think it was like this , making it for me perfectly natural that they all look a  bit alike in hair styles. 

(human species) 

Imperials are nordic,

Nords are Imperials.

Redguard are tan imperials/nords

nords are the most pure form of humans, the Imperials are related to them and the Redguards are related to the Nords from the other parts of the world. 

(Halfblood)

Brentons are "half-altmer"  they have slightly more pointy ears (only a little) And its where their love for magic comes from.

(Altmers Species)

Bosmer are a substantial difference evolved Altmers 

Orc's are "cursed"  Altmers. 

the Dunmer are "cursed" Altmers

(beast Species) 

the khajiit and argonian are true diferent evolved "beast" species.

• killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995
    Originally posted by Mpfive

Could be worse, could have a payed level 90 boost in a sub game ;)

Guess that gets a free pass with you though

It's kind of cheesy, sure.

I'll tell you what.  After 10 successful subscription-based years, ESO can offer max level characters for sale and they'll get the same pass.  Though it will still be cheesy.

This discussion has been closed.