Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fast or Slow? What are you going to do?

bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

How are you going to do it, fast or slow. Are you going to jump in and gogogo to 50, then try to capitalize, or are you going to read every book and take it easy?

I've been planning on 10-50 in Cyrodiil, but the last day or so, I've been contemplating gritting my teeth and questing to 50 as fast as possible. I feel torn image

What are you going to do?

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

Comments

• Skeeter50Skeeter50 Member UncommonPosts: 147
    I will play in a way that my char is "complete" and powerful.
  • CouganCougan Member UncommonPosts: 422
    Slow. I dont feel you have to be max lvl to have fun, and PVP can wait :D
  • apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
       Ultra slow

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Skeeter50

lmao, so you have no plan at all... :p

• hulgarhulgar Member Posts: 93
    Slow..as RPG's should be played. And will take my time reading the "there is not enought endgame stuff" post that will be posted 48 hrs after the game launches.
  • keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Ultra slow here as I tend to socialize a lot and just do mindless things lol. Plus I'll probably be leveling two characters. One with my guildies and one when I'm always playing more solo.

There Is Always Hope!

• VelocinoxVelocinox Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Well, since I will be milking this until the next Elder Scrolls single player game comes out, not fast, not slow, but glacial.

'Sandbox MMO' is a PTSD trigger word for anyone who has the experience to know that anonymous players invariably use a 'sandbox' in the same manner a housecat does.

When your head is stuck in the sand, your ass becomes the only recognizable part of you.

No game is more fun than the one you can't play, and no game is more boring than one which you've become familiar.

How to become a millionaire:
    Start with a billion dollars and make an MMO.

• DeathFromAboveDeathFromAbove Member UncommonPosts: 112
    Slow, l don't feel the need to rush to have fun.
  • NatjurNatjur Member UncommonPosts: 125
    I like to start off slow, and then get faster and faster.... Wait, what are we talking about again?
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Zero fast votes... really? You guys lol
  • TiconzTiconz Member UncommonPosts: 120
    Going to play slow on two characters... one to play with my girl and another to pvp with my guildmates so that I don't out level the PVE quests because I will be playing more hours on a weekly basis than her.  :)

• alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Slow. First MMORPG in like almost 10 years where I don't feel need to rush to the top (perhaps with an exception of EvE).
  • MeridiasBeaconMeridiasBeacon Member Posts: 86
    Originally posted by Velocinox
    Well, since I will be milking this until the next Elder Scrolls single player game comes out, not fast, not slow, but glacial.

lol, I am still working on Skyrim, turtle mode for me

• lttexxanlttexxan Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by Skeeter50

lmao, so you have no plan at all... :p

seems an appropriate response from a "bully"

It's better to lurk in forums and be thought a fool...than to endlessly "Quote" and remove all doubts.

• lttexxanlttexxan Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Originally posted by Natjur
    I like to start off slow, and then get faster and faster.... Wait, what are we talking about again?

ask your sister...she will refresh your memory.....

It's better to lurk in forums and be thought a fool...than to endlessly "Quote" and remove all doubts.

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701
    Originally posted by apocoluster
       Ultra slow

^ this!

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Slow for sure. What's the point of burning through everything as fast as possible? So I can sit around on forums complaining I have no game to play? No thanks.
  • SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560
    This past year I've only taken four or five quests at a time (whatever can fit in my quest log on the screen) for whatever game I'm playing.  I find I play slower and enjoy everything more.  I'm doing this in FFXIV right now.  Slow is the way to go.  If I rush to max level, it ruins the game and I look elsewhere.

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

Slower than in the weekend beta for sure, everyone was rather rushing getting to lvl 10 and playing pvp.

I will take the time to listen and read to the quests and not skipping it.

Maybe I will play a 2nd character, Iam not in a hurry to hit lvl 50 ..maybe I will in some months or not.

• EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Nice and sloooooooow.
  • DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593
    Slow and steady. No need to rush.
  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

people that rush to 50 will be gimped and less powerful than someone that took their time and got all the skyshards and whatnot.

those people will likely have to go back and find the skyshards eventually anyways (or quit because they say they are bored, that will be their excuse anyway).

so rushing to 50 does you no good other than to give you the satisfaction of being 50.

you will still have to go back and fix your character by grabbing all the skill points you left behind because you were in such a hurry to get to 50.

i think that answered the poll question for me. :)

• Pig-EyePig-Eye Member Posts: 115

I will take my time and enjoy the game at my own pace.

For this reason, I have decided to remain un-guilded until I reach cap.

Gone are the days of playing at someone elses pace, or being pressured into "Participating" in boring ass, waste of my time, guild events.

I got your Deliverance!

Where's my banjo?!!

• RorhcRorhc Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Originally posted by lttexxan
    Originally posted by Natjur

ask your sister...she will refresh your memory.....

Zing!

This could end up being very interesting.

• PyatraPyatra Member Posts: 644
    I tend to be a completionist, so glacial will be my mode.  Even though I will probably be doing things quickly, I will read and listen to NPCs and try to hit every single thing in PVE then jump to PVP with an established guild.