Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Obnoxious...It makes my head spin

13»

Comments

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

I'm not a Wildstar hater by any means.  I like the combat, I think there is a lot that can be done if they expand how builds are etc, but MAN, the questing made me dislike the game a whole lot.  I've had a complete turn around after the initial novelty of combat wore off from my first weekend playing. It will probably be great for Structured PvP players, but that ain't me.

Wildstar feels like a racing game for completionists.  You don't care about a single character or plot line, the only reason why you log-in and go on is because of your personal desire to complete everything and make your character stronger and get the gear. Calling Wildstar a themepark is sort of insulting to fun rides.  It feels more like a bullet train to God knows where.

For me personally.  I can't do that anymore, not on a subscription. I'm not naming any other titles but I've made my decision for the long run.

P.S. CHALLENGE STARTED!!!!

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430
    Originally posted by eldaris

Originally posted by deniter
    So basically it's WoW: MoP style of questing that takes longer and is a tad more difficult + dungeons that are not aoe fests?

For someone who quit WoW for good because of Cataclysm 1-60 quest design this may not be a good enough game to play. I think i could enjoy it a bit longer than WoW if the dungeons in WS really are that great.

I hope they will add some kind of trial period after the launch so i could make up my mind before spending my money for WoW clone #n..

Thanks for sharing your experience in WS, it sure has helped a lot.

It's more like classic wow than cataclysm, no big quest chains you need to finish before next step and combat is not as easy - at least until lv 10. You should get a beta key and decide yourself about the game.

I will. I've been waiting on this game way too long to pass it without testing. :)

• v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Originally posted by FlyByKnight

I'm not a Wildstar hater by any means.  I like the combat, I think there is a lot that can be done if they expand how builds are etc, but MAN, the questing made me dislike the game a whole lot.  I've had a complete turn around after the initial novelty of combat wore off from my first weekend playing. It will probably be great for Structured PvP players, but that ain't me.

Wildstar feels like a racing game for completionists.  You don't care about a single character or plot line, the only reason why you log-in and go on is because of your personal desire to complete everything and make your character stronger and get the gear. Calling Wildstar a themepark is sort of insulting to fun rides.  It feels more like a bullet train to God knows where.

For me personally.  I can't do that anymore, not on a subscription. I'm not naming any other titles but I've made my decision for the long run.

P.S. CHALLENGE STARTED!!!!

All good XP i just hope that the title you picked can last for the long run or even has a long run lol.

Witty & Wicked >:)

• JinzouningenJinzouningen Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Originally posted by eldaris

So basically it's WoW: MoP style of questing that takes longer and is a tad more difficult + dungeons that are not aoe fests?

For someone who quit WoW for good because of Cataclysm 1-60 quest design this may not be a good enough game to play. I think i could enjoy it a bit longer than WoW if the dungeons in WS really are that great.

I hope they will add some kind of trial period after the launch so i could make up my mind before spending my money for WoW clone #n..

Thanks for sharing your experience in WS, it sure has helped a lot.

It's more like classic wow than cataclysm, no big quest chains you need to finish before next step and combat is not as easy - at least until lv 10. You should get a beta key and decide yourself about the game.

I will. I've been waiting on this game way too long to pass it without testing. :)

Test it. As soon as you can test it. Look past and report bugs and incomplete items, try a few diff classes and paths and see if you can A. Play this game for a long time, B. Pay a sub for it and C.Keep coming back for more.

I could only handle 1 beta session and i had to make my self keep playing in an attempt to try to be objective. I'm not gonna go on about my experience but i was glad i got to test it because it completely changed my tune.

• WelshyJTWelshyJT Member UncommonPosts: 28

my main peeve is some of the horrendous in-combat audio effects, oh my goodness.

the clanging of sci-fi swords etc, its so so bad, when the production values seem so high for the rest of the game,

its off-putting

• HoiPoloiHoiPoloi Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Originally posted by WelshyJT

my main peeve is some of the horrendous in-combat audio effects, oh my goodness.

the clanging of sci-fi swords etc, its so so bad, when the production values seem so high for the rest of the game,

its off-putting

DOUBLE KILL!  TRIPLE KILL!

C'mon, you have to admit that is pretty cool that you get feedback like that.

One of my guildies got:  SUPER KILL!  UBER KILL!

And boy was I jealous.  (She killed a whole bunch of mobs in a short time frame).

Rithwis, Righteous Golem of Camelot | Skritha, Orc Archer of Tamriel | Bloodwod, Sawbones of Auraxis | Thrumdi, Blue Norn of Tyria | Gwidwod, Spider of the Ettenmoors | Gideon Slack, Hunter of Alsius

• rnor6084rnor6084 Member UncommonPosts: 111

Have to agree with OP. Was over whelmed by it all. Over loaded my senses.

Just not for me. For those that enjoy i hope you have a blast for years to come.

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    The problem with Wildstar is its been in either alfa or beta for so long now that what most people are looking for in an mmo has changed and its to late to change the game. The video's are much better than the actual game is. The only people that i know that liked the beta were here or on the wildstar websites. The RL friends i know that tried it thought it was nothing great amd wouldn't leave what they were already playing for it. I have a feeling that ESO and Wildstar will not live up to all the hype they are getting. And one of the reasons will be the sub.models. Guildwars 2 changed that more than you will believe.
  • LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by DMKano

Wildstar - doesn't have a single feature that appeals to me, 100% skip it and never look back in my case. 

ESO - only feature I enjoyed was AvA, the rest was mediocre to meh.

Overall pretty disappointed in both games, will be playing ESO solely for AvA, without Cyrodiil it would have been another MMO I never play after beta.

Completely agree with this. I regret that I bought ESO. Will play it some til AA is released. Mostly because i bought it and can't return it. That and Perpetuum that has alot going for it atm, and is definetly more relaxing then Wildstar. OP, if you like sandboxes and mechs maybe check Perpetuum out. Wildstar just didn't click for me. It was just to over the top for me aesthetic vise. 

• HorniakHorniak Member Posts: 77

For me Wildstar doesn't feel open world as it is. They bunched together as much as they possible can fit in every area. It makes the game feel the very opposite. The quests also feels strictly lined together, and are just rinse and repeat of the same things over and over (in other words, nothing new here).

It just feels too much of everything... (and too much pokemon)

• ApolloZenApolloZen Member Posts: 5

Am I the only one around here who thinks being overwhelmed with a sense of things to do and see and learn in a new MMO is a good sign?

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Originally posted by ApolloZen

Am I the only one around here who thinks being overwhelmed with a sense of things to do and see and learn in a new MMO is a good sign?

Remember that song by Queen " Another one bits the dust "....Hay, it's a good song.

But just think if it played in your house 24/7 non stop even when your trying to sleep......Thats wildstar.

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Originally posted by delete5230
    Originally posted by ApolloZen

Remember that song by Queen " Another one bits the dust "....Hay, it's a good song.

But just think if it played in your house 24/7 non stop even when your trying to sleep......Thats wildstar.

OP, please tell me how the same game, presented in these these screenshots, overwhelms you.

Pic1, Pic2, Pic3, Pic4.

If you really want to know see what is overwhelming, try entering Orr in GW2.

Just admit you haven't played the game for more than 1 hour and we can all go on with our business.

• Cyberdeck7Cyberdeck7 Member UncommonPosts: 239
    Originally posted by FoxBoogs
    Originally posted by delete5230

Well maybe its me, I'm a stressful person with a stressful job......When I come home I like to sit back and play my mmos in peace, some times solo.  But Wildstar in my opinion is wayyyy over the top.  Everything is a constant rush.  Even the music is constantly hart pounding.

Two Fallacies One Paragraph:

Right from the gate, we've established that the problem isn't Wildstar- it's you. I don't know what you do for a living, but unless you're physically out there stopping crimes, putting out fires, or engaging in war overseas, what you do is not that stressful.  If you happen to be one of the ones I mentioned, than Wildstar really shouldn't be anywhere on your radar.

Another fallacy is "wayyyy over the top. everything is a constant rush.  even the music is constantly heart pounding".  I... I almost felt you were giving the game a good review here.  Thank God it's like that.  I hated WoW's sluggish, no movement rock/paper/scissor combat. 

Now I should know better, NCSoft never hide the fact that its constant action.  For two years I've been watching clips of Obnoxious action, but it seems that it's hitting me in the face harder than it should.

Based on how you said "Obnoxious action", I am going to assume that you thought that from the very minute you ever laid your eyes on a Wildstar trailer.  It's hitting you in the face harder than it should (?) now because (wait for it)... bum bum bummmmm dramatic reverbbbbb- you're playing the game, not watching a trailer. 

This is only my second bata and only got two classes to level 8.  Sure that not very far.  I have the rest of this weekend to evaluate more, but I'm not sure I could take anymore, just to find out if it relaxes down a bit....My guess is no.  As for now I could only play an hour at a time at most !.....How can a game be action packed yet boring at the same time?....Well Wildstar does it.  Here is why :

The easiest thing to do is to stop applying for "bata keys" then.  It's clear- you don't like Wildstar.  That's fine.  Go back to WoW, or ESO, or whatever other MMO holds your interest, and forget about Wildstar.  It will go on without you, and you will go on without it (a lot longer than Wildstar will go on without you, unfortunately).

- Quest are short bullets, everything takes 30 seconds to complete. yet you would run 300 quest by level 8 ( exaggerating ).

"Exaggerating".  Pretty much.

- Quest marker arrows. They take you by the hand with everything, but without them your lost.  Down hallways around corners, above ground and below.  So you cant turn nothing off. Your simply stuck with arrows. This is not 100%, you can click on the map, but the game is designed to use the arrows.

I agree, the Quest Marker Arrows DO take you by hand.  This would be bad if two things- 1. That wasn't what is was meant to do, and B. You couldn't avoid using it.  It was what it was made to do, and you can avoid using it.  If you can't stop yourself from pressing the button- that's not Wildstar's fault.  That's your own (and maybe your mama's for raising you to be that way).

- Around level 6 you leave the starter area.  It doesn't get much better.  Quest hubs are EXTREMELY condensed.  A hell of a lot of POW and ZOOM going on.  Scanners scanning everything around in an obnoxious fashion.

Apparently your obnoxiousness cancels my obnoxious this on this one, as I have nothing to say.

- Everything is important or at least everything appears that way.  Everything is glowing and needing to be investigated. Being a Dominion Warrior Scientist.  I'm constantly scanning things on top of everything else that needs to be done.  I'm often getting side tracked with this yet it seems that I could never accomplish anything 100% for my path.....Yah, this could become easer with more game experience.  But to me its discouraging this early in the game.

How stressful of a job can you have if you can't even apply time management successfully? Again, this is a User problem, not a software issue.  It's only "discouraging" because you are looking for another excuse not to like this game- which makes no sense, you clearly have an artillery at your disposal.

- Warrior or a malee class seems much better at least for me.  My Spellslinger ranged class was a pain in the butt trying to aim my telegraphs on the ground like shining a flashlight.

I agree- the Spellslinger is tough to play.  I didn't start feeling like a badass with mine until Lvl 20.

- I can't believe I'm saying this but Wildstar has too much customization even at level 8.  It seems like they are trying to give verity and dept so advanced players don't get lazy.  I'm always feeling like I'm making wrong decisions, even at level 8. Sure, this is another thing that will come in time but it still feels obnoxious.

This... no.  No no no no no no no no.  There is nothing wrong here.  I guess by "verity" you mean "variety", and after looking at the lack of customization in some games (chiefly WoW)- there is nothing wrong with that here.  If you feel you are making the wrong decision, it's because you aren't confident enough, nor sagacious enough.

- It makes me hate the color red, and extremely colorful things

Turn the telegraphs "Off" in the UI settings.  It adds challenges to the games combat.  But, honestly, if you're hampering now, you won't be able to handle that.  Requires skill.

What did we learn about the OP taken from his own words?

+I'm a stressful person with a stressful job

+This is only my second bata and only got two classes to level 8.  Sure that not very far.

+I'm often getting side tracked with this yet it seems that I could never accomplish anything 100% for my path.....Yah, this could become easer with more game experience.

+I'm always feeling like I'm making wrong decisions

... I don't know what kind of stressful job you have, or life you lead, but honestly, based on what you said about yourself, you probably make that job a lot more harder than it needs to be, if this is how you come across even something so mundane as a video game.

You don't like it, that's fine.  Don't troll.  There have been far better troll posts, and the effort here was lacking- at best.  Although, I'll give you points on the original "My life is too stressful to play Wildstar" angle.  Haven't seen that one yet...

WTF is this? [mod edit]  The dude is just stating his opinion. I happen to agree with it - [mod edit]

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043
    Dunno about the game but the trailers are a blast.