Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wait..wait..wait.. There is No EU-Server on Launch?

HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821

I am just quoting someone claiming that the EU server is added after launch.. “sometime after launch”

Does this mean we are playing a game here in the EU, that is sold and advertised here, but it’s server is located in the US? Can anyone confirm this?

I am literally out of words if this is the case.

Okay there we go: forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1494562-game-launches-with-eu-server-located-in-us/

This was officially the last Bethesda game I have ever and will ever purchase. I am so done with this bullsh*t.

Comments

• AroukosAroukos Member Posts: 571
    True, as it is true that a whole race will be locked for everyone, except those who buy Collector's Edition!
  • GodOfForbiddenFruitsGodOfForbiddenFruits Member Posts: 52
    Originally posted by Hrotha

I am just quoting someone claiming that the EU server is added after launch.. “sometime after launch”

Does this mean we are playing a game here in the EU, that is sold and advertised here, but it’s server is located in the US? Can anyone confirm this?

What's your problem? There ARE two servers - US and EU. At the start of release EU server will be in US, because that way it will be easier for them to access it and fix any major problems if there will be. A bit later on after the release they will seamlessly transition the server to the EU. It's already in place and almost ready. Transition won't cause any trouble for players, it will happen smoothly with no downtime, maybe a couple of minutes.

You won't have lag WHATSOEVER. IF you even want you can always keep playing in US. ALL betas were in US. And people from EU had no lag whatsoever, no game disadvantage to US players.

[mod edit]

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Yes, that's quite correct.

There will be no EU-based server cluster at launch, it will be a separate cluster, but hosted in the US alongside the US server cluster. Once the game is considered "stable", that cluster will be migrated to a physical location in the EU.

I do not expect this to cause any issues for me, as I'm EU-based and had no noticeable performance issues during the beta weekends, even though those sessions were overloaded in an attempt to simulate stress on the servers.

• HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821
    Originally posted by GodOfForbiddenFruits

What's your problem? There ARE two servers - US and EU.

There is NO EU Server! The server is title EU but IS LOCATED in the US. That makes it an US server. If you can count 1+1 together than this means that Bethesda is simply counting the subscriptions from EU to see if it is worth it to establish a server here. There is no EU server for the EU. It is an US server located in the US, with a label "maybe moved to EU" on it.

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249
    Thanks for the info OP. As a european on the fence about this game, maybe i just decide wich side im going to jump...
  • DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697

What's your problem? There ARE two servers - US and EU.

There is NO EU Server! The server is title EU but IS LOCATED in the US. That makes it an US server. If you can count 1+1 together than this means that Bethesda is simply counting the subscriptions from EU to see if it is worth it to establish a server here. There is no EU server for the EU. It is an US server located in the US, with a label "maybe moved to EU" on it.

OP, why are you making such a big deal out of this? ESO has tab-target combat in disguise anyway, so 100-150 ping won't matter much.

Disclaimer: I'm not buying or playing this game, just trying to constructively participate in a discussion.

• PatchezPatchez Member Posts: 58

Okay there we go: forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1494562-game-launches-with-eu-server-located-in-us/

This was officially the last Bethesda game I have ever and will ever purchase. I am so done with this bullsh*t.

You can be sure of three things in life:

1. Death

2. Taxes

3. Hrotha will flip flop over ESO every other day

• ZeddakisZeddakis Member UncommonPosts: 156

"Get a life. No one besides you cares."....Really because I just read another thread with a poll that was against this and there seemed to be a lot of people who cared in that thread.

"Once the game is considered "stable""....So the game will not be considered "stable" at launch? That doesn't sound too good.

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    I posted a thread about this issue too. Glad I managed to save the money from pre-order.
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • GregorMcgregorGregorMcgregor Member UncommonPosts: 263

My favourite part will be when they move the data across, and "opps!" it gets lost and/or damaged. THEN the fun will begin!

"We had a small issue while transferring some data to the EU, please re-roll." /mindbomb

;)

No trials. No tricks. No traps. No EU-RP server. NO THANKS!

...10% Benevolence, 90% Arrogance in my case!
  • LorgarnLorgarn Member UncommonPosts: 417

Zenimax seems to keep making one interesting decision after another. They're on a streak by now. :)

I for one won't recommend ESO to anyone of my friends, not until they get a proper EU server anyhow. 

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

What's your problem? There ARE two servers - US and EU. At the start of release EU server will be in US, because that way it will be easier for them to access it and fix any major problems if there will be. A bit later on after the release they will seamlessly transition the server to the EU. It's already in place and almost ready. Transition won't cause any trouble for players, it will happen smoothly with no downtime, maybe a couple of minutes.

You won't have lag WHATSOEVER. IF you even want you can always keep playing in US. ALL betas were in US. And people from EU had no lag whatsoever, no game disadvantage to US players.

Why are you being so butthurt with your "I am out of words if this is the case"?

People these days will find any reason to get "upset".

Get a life. No one besides you cares.

You've got to be joking? The EU community have every right to complain.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561

''You won't have lag WHATSOEVER''

you ARE joking right?

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    I'm not going install the game until the server cluster is located in EU. If it takes too long for them to open EU server I will return my copy of the game and they might as well consider my money transferred from them to EAware and Carbine.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    EU servers in the USA, seriously... are Zenimax deliberately making it harder for themselves, because no matter how much they try and spin that one, it will have a negative influence on the game, first we hear that Zenimax are seperating console players not just from PC players, but also seperated by console brand, and now their introducing much higher than average latency issues for EU players, which either indicates they don't care too much about EU players and are focusing resources on their American customers, or they just couldn't afford to have actual EU servers, either way it doesn't look good, Zenimax seems to be making a habit of self inflicted injuries lately, can't help but wonder what the next 'exciting' reveal will be image
    Originally posted by Kuinn
    I'm not going install the game until the server cluster is located in EU. If it takes too long for them to open EU server I will return my copy of the game and they might as well consider my money transferred from them to EAware and Carbine.

Start think of doing this now, because its not easy to transfer them to EU. At least in a short time and short after release (if they ever move them)...

• TsumoroTsumoro Member UncommonPosts: 435

Why are you being so butthurt with your "I am out of words if this is the case"?

Don't be a complete tool with your responses, they clearly had some concerns about it which you could of addressed without getting insulting. So let me educate you as to why this might be concerning for some;

1) Lag IS an issue, even if its down to mere micro-seconds it is an issue. Especially for those whom like to do competitive play to which in ESO will be a thing considering it has a strong PvP vibe to it. So yes, if someone from the US is able to act quicker from someone from the EU it becomes a problem. 

2) Server updates! The biggest peeve known to all EU players forced to play on a US server. The time they do their maintenance is based on a US schedule which means the Americans get to have their game down whilst they sleep ready for them as they awake. Us in the EU end up having the server go down right in prime time evening meaning for the most part that we can't play the game 1 day out the seven. 

I could actually go on and on about potential problems that this causes for some people. But, I wont. Can't be that bothered. For myself, none of the issues concern me, I am happy to play as things are. But, I can understand and appreciate that some of these issues might concern others even if you cant. 

• Spaceweed10Spaceweed10 Member Posts: 625

I care.  That makes your post useless.

• HabitualFrogStompHabitualFrogStomp Member UncommonPosts: 370

I'll start caring the moment anyone starts caring about oceanic players lag. So EU players have to put with no dedicated localized server for an undetermined but apparently short period of time. Try forever and then get back to me.

If this is the worst the habitual haters have to rag on today about TESO, Zenimax aint doin half bad.

Honestly, this is such a non (temporary) issue its not even funny.  But please continue to rave like lunatics about it, its pretty awesome.

Originally posted by Tsumoro

Don't be a complete tool with your responses, they clearly had some concerns about it which you could of addressed without getting insulting. So let me educate you as to why this might be concerning for some;

1) Lag IS an issue, even if its down to mere micro-seconds it is an issue. Especially for those whom like to do competitive play to which in ESO will be a thing considering it has a strong PvP vibe to it. So yes, if someone from the US is able to act quicker from someone from the EU it becomes a problem. 

2) Server updates! The biggest peeve known to all EU players forced to play on a US server. The time they do their maintenance is based on a US schedule which means the Americans get to have their game down whilst they sleep ready for them as they awake. Us in the EU end up having the server go down right in prime time evening meaning for the most part that we can't play the game 1 day out the seven. 

I could actually go on and on about potential problems that this causes for some people. But, I wont. Can't be that bothered. For myself, none of the issues concern me, I am happy to play as things are. But, I can understand and appreciate that some of these issues might concern others even if you cant. 

This

• Spaceweed10Spaceweed10 Member Posts: 625

There is already a thread on this subject.

Mods, please close.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

ESO is not Bethesda game. They have nothing to do with it.

The game is made by Zenimax , which is (was) game distributor company. First time developing game. And since they own TES IP they make this MMO.

So dont bash Bethesda ;) they have nothing to do with this game.

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Oceanics say hi. And that it could be worse. Much worse.

We're not talking your so cute 150ms pings you have to put up with.

Oh no. 250ms if you're lucky! Even up to 400ms is not unheard of!

Yet we don't protest the end of the world.

• askdabossaskdaboss Member UncommonPosts: 631

As I understand it, every EU player is going to be in the same bag, so everyone is going to have lag, and everyone is going to be affected by the same delay (so it shouldn't matter in terms of competitive play).

This won't affect my decision to play the game from the first day however it is looking like I won't be subscribing into a second month, as they seem to have many issues to sort out first.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

BTW

Zenimax are playing this so safe. its clear that they themselves believe the game will flop.

• They are going for "megaservers" so that they can hide the fact when they need to close and merge servers
    • They are allready putting item shop in place - so they will be ready for F2P switch as soon as possible
    • They are not making EU server in order to save money from costly overseas operation , and to again mask the fact when they will have to close the server and merge it with US

This discussion has been closed.