Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dark Age of Camelot: Mythic Considering Adding Mail System

BMunchausenBMunchausen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff Posts: 400

In a new grab bag interview on the Dark Age of Camelot website, developers revealed (among other things) that due to popular demand, they're thinking about adding a mail system to the game.  

To read the entire Q&A, visit the official Dark Age of Camelot website.

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

Amazing, can't imagine a more underwhelming announcement.

That new team is hard at work I see.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485
    mystic needs to upgrade visuals and animations for this game asap..
  • HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Amazing, can't imagine a more underwhelming announcement.

That new team is hard at work I see.

I totally agree.  I couldnt stop chuckling.  To me it was like, "Oh, big news for this game which is basically dead, they're adding something that has barely any impact on anything!"

I would of been more excited to read a news article on what color of shoes some random guy named Steve decided to wear today.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• unclemounclemo Member UncommonPosts: 462
    Considering how these guys treated Marc Jacobs, I will never give them money.
  • Iceman8235Iceman8235 Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Just let it die in peace ffs.
  • gylnnegylnne Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Originally posted by unclemo

Yes, my thoughts exactly.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Forget these guys....at least there IS demand still. Rock on DAoC, rock on...

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    [mod edit]

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• SunwolfNCSunwolfNC Member UncommonPosts: 188
    Originally posted by Iceman8235
    Just let it die in peace ffs.

^ QFT

• WolfClawsWolfClaws Member UncommonPosts: 638

Alas Sonia, I will remember you fondly.

And to you DAOC.  But not you TOA.

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012
    Daoc used to be greatest game ever till they ruined it with ToA
  • kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012
  • VladamyreVladamyre Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Originally posted by kishe

You forgot to mention new frontiers. The combination of ToA and NF ruined the game.

In a world of sharp knives, you would be a spoon.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

WoW! Whats next ?

Chat system ? Whisper ? Guild chat ?

Possibilities are endless !

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

"Q1:   Is there any chance that a mailbox system will be added to the game?

A: It’s (high) on our list of priorities! Mail opens up the possibilities for many many other things so we definitely want it in the game sooner rather than later.
    "

Ok so who was hiding that priority list for 13 years?

• mysticmousemysticmouse Member UncommonPosts: 146
    It would be nice to get some real updates and features added to DaoC. I kinda doubt that much will get done anytime soon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CyborWolfTKCyborWolfTK Member Posts: 77
    P2W Inc.
  • Originally posted by kishe

QFT

• JEFFnSoCalJEFFnSoCal Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Originally posted by gylnne
    Originally posted by unclemo

Yes, my thoughts exactly.

You mean Mark Jacobs.  MarC Jacobs is a fashion designer... not a game designer.  ;)

• GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907
    Originally posted by kairel182

I was excited when I heard the formation of a team that might actually begin revitalizing and modernizing DAoC, but yeah, this is an underwhelming announcement.  It's something that every game currently has and it wouldn't hurt the game in the least while adding minor convenience.

But to everyone else, seriously, if you've ever played and loved DAoC you won't be saying let it go in peace when they announce the game shutting down.  Let's hope they actually make some good changes and get some energy back in the game.  I wouldn't mind it going f2p (yeah, I know...) if they managed to get some sort of anti-cheat going to prevent scumbaggery.

Let's not condemn people for trying to bring back the classics instead of letting them go silently into the night after being demolished by a series of bad decisions that ruined the core game.

I have been awaiting the shut down announcement for years, for I feel... as a Player from Launch... and as a player who's first mmo was DAoC and I still love what it was........ that so many bad decisions have been made that the humane and gentle thing to do, the smart thing to do, is let this beast die in it's sleep. Frankly it's been sleeping now for a good long time. Keeping this MMO alive because it's someone's paycheck is a sad thing. MMOs aren't just businesses.

All this new activity will do is get people excited over nothing. Needless pain.

Let. DAoC. Go.

• TbauTbau Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 401
    Wow, so they are actually adding something to the game that should have been added some 12 years ago by the original developers. How nice.