Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Post surprise Beta

TalketzantoTalketzanto Member UncommonPosts: 205
I stopped last beta at all my bugged quest....logged on for this SURPRISE beta and all those quest were fixed.....just my experience :)

Comments

• NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815
    Servers are down now...
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Talketzanto
    I stopped last beta at all my bugged quest....logged on for this SURPRISE beta and all those quest were fixed.....just my experience :)

Of course they were...server restarts always fix those phasing problems..

The true test will be staying fixed when they get pounded by several hundred people in 10 minutes WITHOUT a server restart.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• alexhpy98721alexhpy98721 Member UncommonPosts: 264

It could be because you were alone now, the reason they bugged was because they no longer work with more people there....

It would not be past their marketing department to open the beta for just a little so a few get in, do the quests before more log in and bug them out then close the beta hoping the few ones share how everything worked. 

Then again maybe everything was fixed.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062
    Originally posted by Iselin

The true test will be staying fixed when they get pounded by several hundred people in 10 minutes WITHOUT a server restart.

There was a little more at work than a restart. There was quite a large update.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by DeaconX

There was a little more at work than a restart. There was quite a large update.

But Iselin is essentially right...

It was not bugged quests causing the bugs... it was a server side problem bugging all the quests..

Lets just hope that under heavy load at release the servers will fare better..

Personally i dont feel bad for missing out this small beta, there is one thing i am wayting for and thats pre release..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    "But it's just the beta" in 3......2.....1....

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• TazmahnTazmahn Member Posts: 17

According to the AMA Reddit the other day, there were 3 underlying issues that were bugging all those quests, and they allegedly fixed all 3.  Every bugged quest worked for me as well, last night... and that's on their "overflow servers"...  but I guess we will find out soon if they really fixed them "under load" or not.  ;)

• PyatraPyatra Member Posts: 644
    Originally posted by Tazmahn

According to the AMA Reddit the other day, there were 3 underlying issues that were bugging all those quests, and they allegedly fixed all 3.  Every bugged quest worked for me as well, last night... and that's on their "overflow servers"...  but I guess we will find out soon if they really fixed them "under load" or not.  ;)

This is correct, I was able to do all my bugged quests  on the overflow too.  Honestly the servers handled the betas better than expected given the fact that both EU and NA beta testers were on only the NA data center for several betas.  Which means with the overflow in place the migration of people to the EU data center should go pretty smoothly.  I understand they want everyone on 1 data center at launch so they don't have to try to split their labor resources, which is a good idea.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    I like how you have a choice to go straight to overflow or join the queue to get into the main server. I didn't see, is there an option to join the queue while in overflow?
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • TazmahnTazmahn Member Posts: 17
    Originally posted by FlyByKnight
    I like how you have a choice to go straight to overflow or join the queue to get into the main server. I didn't see, is there an option to join the queue while in overflow?

You are supposed to automatically be in the queue, and the overflow is supposed to ask you if you want to transfer to the main server, when a position is open.

If I'm soloing... I'd probably stay on the overflow server.  If my friends are on.. then I'd choose to transfer.  We have more than in-game ways of contacting each other (texting, teamspeak, etc.)