Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW Trolls Take On.... Wildstar!

MamasGunMamasGun Member Posts: 152

I must say, I've seen WoW fans in a tizzy before.  I recall when the WoW fans were up in arms over the Mists of Pandaria debacle.  I, however, have never seen the legion of WoW trolls ban together against one, single game in all my life.  That day has come.  The game?  Wildstar.

[mod edit]

I've been following these forums for quite some time now, and I've been in WoW's, looking at the topics going on.  Nothing but Wildstar Mudsliggin'.  "The cartoon graphics suck". "Wow is stylized realism, not cartoon!" "Game looks for children". "But WoW has an expansion about Pandas..." "MoP is not about pandas... it's about war". (written as is- didn't correct a thing).

I have seen comment sections in WoW news flooded with how much of a better game WoW is than Wildstar, how Wildstar is a WoW rip-off, pretty much all the comments pertaining to defaming Wildstar and not talking about their own game. This carries over into their own forums.  Honestly, I'm surprised Blizzard hasn't added a "Wildstar Haters Ball" forum thread. 

I have to say- it impresses me.  When most of the bad reviews for Wildstar are "Just play WoW" or "I can't put my hand on it, but something about Wildstar...", then I have to think, Carbine must be doing something right.

If Wildstar didn't have the potential, the legion of WoW trolls wouldn't even bat an eyelash at it.  But the groupthink in that community is so toxic, that it's leaked into this one, and into Wildstars own.

On the Wildstar forums, there is an isht ton of haterade fueled posts.  They all resort back to "THE GREAT DIVINE WoW" being the one and only, blah blah blah. 

It's like watching an ex-girlfriend/boyfriend spread rumors around in High School.  These people are literally taking time to get access to the Beta simply to fill the chat with WoW posts, and to get on here and make one of the many hate posts we see on here. 

We've heard every reason why Wildstar sucks.  Cartoon graphics, out-dated combat (huh?), WoW was first, someones life was too stressful to play Wildstar... it cracks me up.  Everytime I read a troll post, I think to myself- "Why are you even here, then?"

Not all WoW fans are like this.  Trust me, I know.  But the ones that are like this are the ones showing their teeth in these forums, and all I have to say is,

"Tttthhhaaaaannnnnkkkk you!" 

Free promotion, baby!  Spend your time in your game talking about another game you have "absolutely no interest in playing". 

We'll see you on Nexus soon enough, I'm sure.

Loves: SMITE, WildStar, Project Zomboid, PSO2, DCUO,

Worst Online Communities: WoW/WoD(the OG MMO Trolls), DayZ/WarZ, SMITE/LoL/DOTA, EVE Online, APB
"I’m ready for
All the comparisons
I think it’s dumb and it’s embarrassing
I’m switching off
No longer listening
I’ve had enough of persecution and conditioning
Maybe it’s instinct- We’re only animal"
- Lily Allen, Sheezus

Comments

• DaessarDaessar Member Posts: 204

You see this in competitive sports and in the high end raiding and Pvp, nobody notices you until you start to creep up the ladder and approach the top spots, then those people begin to trash talk in the media and on forums and inside the game.

They see you rollin......they hatin, you're coming to take something away from them.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    ?

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    It will be F2P in 6 months
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

Well I haven't sub'ed to WoW in several years, and I still have my reservations with WildStar.

Granted, it's cute, it's quirky, and it's very unusual for any game, let alone a SCI-Fantasy style game.

The game looks good, but 2 things steered me away.

1)  Instanced housing.  The original housing trailer was through the roof! ... but then it was announced that housing would be instanced, instead of address's in the sky.  The same bombshell came that PVP would be instanced as well, and any house vs house would equally be instanced .. BIG FROWN :(

2)  Telegraphing.  Some love it, some hate it.  I dislike it.  It's too removing from the world I'm trying to live in.  If a dragon is about to breath fire, let me watch where it stands, with the head position graphically shown, and the anticipated direction of fire. Let me decide where not to stand.   But that applies to a graphic animated game .. in Wildstar the devs don't worry about graphics, they just program where not to stand on the ground.  It doesn't come off the right way, because while I surely want visual cues, I want also tangible stuff, not markers on the ground (sorry WildStar, combat stinks.)

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Originally posted by delete5230

Didn't you create a thread just an hour ago, about having too demanding and exhusting job to play Wildstar?

Why don' t you get some rest man?

• c4semtexc4semtex Member CommonPosts: 11
    Played WoW for 4 years and loved every minute. But WoW has become dated, it will always be a great game but any WoW fanboy saying that wildstar isnt better is lying to themselves. Wildstar is everything Warcraft is but better. Throw in better graphics, better combat, better pvp and HOUSING and u have wildstar. Aslong as the wildstar devs keep bringing new content then wildstar will overcome WoW.
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Originally posted by FoxBoogs

Like date rape

Stopped reading here. 

• seafirexseafirex Member UncommonPosts: 419

You right OP this is WS haters form WoW and form ESO. same thing happend when GW2 came out and all the other mmorpg recently.

They have the right to there opinions but instead of just make 1 post about it they flood the forums with the same thing over and over and over. Just like the Enerziser battery. They can't stop. My 15 year old boy is more mature. He constantly tells me who is those people? Are they for real.

It is like ESO is good for certain people and WS also and WoW well it is good for some also and yes it is old very old and at one point it will go down not now probably not next year but in the long run it will. They will not get that many subscriber that will stay long also when the new expac comes out they will stay for 4 to 6 months and bam get to another game like they did with cata and mop. Actually mop was worst then cata.

Just let them be they don't know how the world works, they think they do but in reality they are regular people wiht regular life nothing to worry about.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

Oh wow (no pun intended), dunno if you think this forum is any indication of the gen mmorpg pop but I'm afraid Wildstar ain't even a blimp on the radar of any of the non-mmorpg.com gamers I know. I hear more people talking about ESO. Hell went to 3 Gamestops over 50 miles apart between them with no luck finding another collector's edition to reserve (before the offline store announcement that will be selling in-game items that is) But if you limit the scope of your point here, you maybe right (I don't visit WoW forums here too much anymore).

Look, no need to fabricate this monstrous fictional feud between WoW fans and potential WS fans, like it's the biggest threat WoW is facing in 2014 (believe me, it's not). WoW will keep truckin along and WS will settle in for a minute piece of the pie. Cause if you try to set this up like TW did with Rift, they will be singing a different tune 2 to 3 years from now when WoW still has 5 million + and WS is going F2P.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    I have news for you... that happens with every new MMO. Just like in Wildstar beta you see tons of people bashing WoW all day long. You laugh at the legions of WoW fans bashing Wildstar, how is that any different?

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135

Agreed. I find WOW terribad and same I find Wildstar terribad as well. There is no real difference between those two games. I just spent 6 hours playing Wildstar (thats 5 longer than playing WOW) and there is zero appeal for me to stay.

Both WOW and WS should be f2p.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Originally posted by Spiider

Agreed. I find WOW terribad and same I find Wildstar terribad as well. There is no real difference between those two games. I just spent 6 hours playing Wildstar (thats 5 longer than playing WOW) and there is zero appeal for me to stay.

Agreed ... that you both have a very , very bad,childish, "i am better" attitude (based on your history posts)

So, you are saying Wildstar is bad, and it will be F2P in 6 months, yet you say that WoW=Wilstar or vice-versa? Last time I check, WoW was, is and it will be (for few more years at least) the most played P2P game in history. So if Wildstar will be THAT "bad' of a game, I am happy !

Other then that, I already said, mmorpg.com is the worst qq-ing site i've ever seen.  Just played several hours today, Wildstar, and about 4 only PvP which is a fcking blast. 

What did you both did today? In terms of gaming? Or what did you both did in the last few years in terms of gaming? Care to share your , awesome games (MMO's) you've been playing? And which you think is better then Wildstar?

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• trisoxtrisox Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    I have news for you... that happens with every new MMO. Just like in Wildstar beta you see tons of people bashing WoW all day long. You laugh at the legions of WoW fans bashing Wildstar, how is that any different?

actually u havent been on the wildstar ingame chat this weekend, have you? a lot of people on there bashing wildstar in a matter of "oh ma gawd this is bland, wow is so much better omegeh" and "cancel preorders everyone!!!"

However: im just sitting here, enjoying the fight with a huge bucket of popcorn. i liked wow for 8 solid years, now i like wildstar, and neither is someone on the forums breaking my will to play it, nor will i ever take them serious. Veteran Dungeons and endgame is a lot of fun actually and thats the thing they were advertising all along(besides the humor which is, in my opinion, hilarious)

however - im going to get back to reading - maybe i'll switch over to some ESO hate threads soon, havent read them in a while.

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Originally posted by Karteli

Well I haven't sub'ed to WoW in several years, and I still have my reservations with WildStar.

Granted, it's cute, it's quirky, and it's very unusual for any game, let alone a SCI-Fantasy style game.

The game looks good, but 2 things steered me away.

1)  Instanced housing.  The original housing trailer was through the roof! ... but then it was announced that housing would be instanced, instead of address's in the sky.  The same bombshell came that PVP would be instanced as well, and any house vs house would equally be instanced .. BIG FROWN :(

2)  Telegraphing.  Some love it, some hate it.  I dislike it.  It's too removing from the world I'm trying to live in.  If a dragon is about to breath fire, let me watch where it stands, with the head position graphically shown, and the anticipated direction of fire. Let me decide where not to stand.   But that applies to a graphic animated game .. in Wildstar the devs don't worry about graphics, they just program where not to stand on the ground.  It doesn't come off the right way, because while I surely want visual cues, I want also tangible stuff, not markers on the ground (sorry WildStar, combat stinks.)

1. Show me a game that has non-instanced housing. And i'm not talking about a game that -says- it will have non instanced housing.

2. Did you know you can turn telegraphs off?

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• MaltisseMaltisse Member UncommonPosts: 34
    @OP, I agree 100%. The chat window in beta is full of wildstar haters lol it's funny cause they hate it but can't stop playing it lol. Personally WoW was over for me after Sunwell, sure I stuck around for WoTLK but only due to friends and family. Wildstar, for me, has captured me in ways I haven't felt since running through Kara and stance dancing my forsaken warrior. This game is super fun, with a good attitude. I cannot wait to fully dive in. Sure there is some issues but every mmo has issues, it is still beta after all. The main issue I was hoping would not present itself was combat lag and personally I have experienced none, this means server and client code is very well optimized indicating a truly excellent engineering team. I started a thread earlier about being pleasantly surprised because I truly thought Wildstar was going to disappoint but it has excelled in what it has set out to do and may become my perfect cup of tea.
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    Well at least it makes more sense than comparing eso and Wildstar. Personally at this point it, I am mmorpg burned out and barring any great technological breakthroughs, I am taking a long break from them. The money grab direction is of no value to me, I am not interested in participating, pc culture gets all googly eyed every time a new game comes and it doesn't matter if the games a flop or not, they are ready to drop $100 for alpha, $75 for ce with perks, and can't wait to browse through the cash shops. It's unbelievable what pc gamers will buy and how much they will spend on virtually nothing. Mmorpgs are a cool idea, but not for an arm and a leg, good luck with that.
  • MaltisseMaltisse Member UncommonPosts: 34

You do realize you are talking about mmo's right? You spent 5 hours in WoW and 6 in Wildstar and feel you are properly able to enact judgement? That is amazing, all I can say is both games are better off without you in them, go back to COD or whatever instant gratification game you came from, why are you even looking at these forums in the first place?

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Originally posted by Maltisse

You do realize you are talking about mmo's right? You spent 5 hours in WoW and 6 in Wildstar and feel you are properly able to enact judgement? That is amazing, all I can say is both games are better off without you in them, go back to COD or whatever instant gratification game you came from, why are you even looking at these forums in the first place?

He spent 6 in Wildstar, but only 1 in WoW actually.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• black_ifritblack_ifrit Member Posts: 45
    You lost all credit when you said it was like rape way to fail.
  • Yaric84Yaric84 Member Posts: 3

> "I can't put my hand on it, but something about Wildstar..."

This is exactly my problem with Wildstar. Never played WoW played a lot of sandbox MMO and a few more Themeparkish MMOs and there is something about Wildstar I do not like. I love it on paper but in practice I cannot play it. I get bored very fast, have no attachment to the game world or its storyline. I have tried every class and most races. People keep saying play it for the endgame but they seem to forget that in order to get to endgame you have to level up and if that is not fun then why should I buy the game. If you asked me Thursday if I was going to buy this game I would have told you I was 90% sure i was going to get a collectors edition...today I gave up with 20 hours into a game I did not even like. I will try next beta weekend but I am not optimistic that I will like it any more. 

I loved the scifi references and especially firefly.  The combat didn't bother me nor the leveling (having played AoC and lineage 2 in the early days). There is just something about the game that makes me not want to play it and I cannot put my finger on it. The only theory I have is the very casual storyline. 

• GormogonGormogon Member UncommonPosts: 224

This reads like another set up for "This game should have been a huge hit, but the WoW fanboys killed it."

Whatever level of success WildStar achieves, it will be on its own merits.  The fact that one feels the need to look to fans of other games for validation that one made the right choice in a game, and then spend half an hour of one's life responding to the absence of validation, is messed up IMO.  It's the gamer version of "She's only making fun of you because she's jealous you're so much prettier than her."  LIke, that's like, so seventh grade. 

If you like the game, play it.  That should be enough.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Seen a lot of wildstar peeps flooding eso forums trolling.
  • Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

Seriously? I think WoW has reached the point where it is a joke and I can't imagine anyone playing it for any other reason that nostalgia or having a bunch of friends in game but it is still like 10 times the game Wildstar is. Wildstar is a doomed to fail completely, worst new release since WAR.

• v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Originally posted by Ender4

Seriously? I think WoW has reached the point where it is a joke and I can't imagine anyone playing it for any other reason that nostalgia or having a bunch of friends in game but it is still like 10 times the game Wildstar is. Wildstar is a doomed to fail completely, worst new release since WAR.

um no, thats most def eso with its no end-game and 1 type of pvp bg, and money grabing self, gl with that titanic lol

Witty & Wicked >:)

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by Vobrias
    Originally posted by Ender4

um no, thats most def eso with its no end-game and 1 type of pvp bg, and money grabing self, gl with that titanic lol

Most uninformed and inaccurate post of the day, but have fun continuing to troll a game in the wrong forum. Guess when a game your looking forward to isn't anything worthwhile and one gets bored its the cool thing to do.

There Is Always Hope!

This discussion has been closed.