Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Tanks: More About the Destructible Environment

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Wargaming has published the second in a series of  World of Tanks developer diaries that shed more light on the upcoming changes to World of Tanks. This episode  takes a look at the much more destructible environments and other physics changes that will be forthcoming in the overhaul of the game's graphics. Check it out and let us know what you think.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    shitting themselves due to warthunder <3

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

thats pretty cool.. though i wonder what the point is, i mean when i used to play alot. the last thing i cared about was smoke effects or fires from wrecks.. or how sexy a tree or shrub looked.. i was more focused on sniping that IS7 before it popped me like a ripe zit.

• unclemounclemo Member UncommonPosts: 462
    Update 9 will make or break the PCA version of WOT. As of right now the client does not even support multi-core processors. I am tired of owning a high end rig and getting lousy FPS.
  • bulnarbulnar Member UncommonPosts: 3
    They have to do something to be competitive weather effects would be nice. Really what they need to do is fix there Match Making system .  I have 14+k Battles so I have some experience playing the game . Outside mods are allowed in WoT I use one Called XVM . XVM does a lot of things one of which shows everyone's win rate and win8 score . XVM also calculates a win chance for your Team  which is expressed in a percentile % format . Almost every Battle is very lopsided  I'm talking 70 - 80 or better win chance for one side or the other, I have seen countless times 5 Hvy tanks on one side and 2 on the other . 6 Guys on one side with 55% or better win rates . I guess my point is if a Mod like XVM can point out the higher win rates ect how hard would it be for WOT to recognize the same info and have Match Maker even out the battles . Personally I think WoT is a great game I play it almost everyday and am involved in Clan Wars . That said I would not mind Having a longer queue time it almost never longer then 45 sec or so anyway if it meant more balanced matches .
  • IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

win rate really doesnt mean for squat. my win % is around 60% or something and i wind up on horrible teams  that just dont work together and lemming in to TDs 

even using XVM iv killed higher % players with my stug3 and jadgpanzer. so really the % isnt a sure sign that the team will win/lose. you can get really lucky and find some soloer's or plats that mesh really well and actually turn a total wipe in to a win.

i havent had any real problems with MM since they did the huge overhaul last year when i actively played. i just wish XVM was included in the client lol

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

I'm sure the MM algorithms (in both WoT and War Thunder) could be tuned to "perfection" with relative ease, but neither company will optimise their cashflow that way.

By dropping higher level opponents into lower-tier matches, it incentivises the lower-tier players to progress faster. And progressing faster can always be linked to RL money transactions.

It's also good policy to push skilled players into higher tier matches from time to time. It stops them from utterly dominating their tier and demoralising other players on their tier. Demoralised players may just give up completely.

I suspect that the MM algorithms are more about manipulating human psychology than about arranging "fair matches", lol

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by Dihoru
    shitting themselves due to warthunder <3

Was thinking the same thing when I read the headline here on MMORPG.com.  So much stuff has been suggested by the playerbase and all of a sudden it's now workable with the new game engine etc etc.

WG.net has gotten lazy counting their $.