Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rings of Mara

MongooseMongoose Member UncommonPosts: 86

Do these rings only work with 1 individual that I use the shrine with? Or is it repeatable so if that one person logs off, I can use the shrine with someone else.

-Mongoose

Comments

• NatjurNatjur Member UncommonPosts: 125

It triggers a once off quest, use the shrine with someone else with the ring, they are now linked and you can not redo the quest.

Designed for players who always group up with the same person, for everyone else, they are just pretty looking.

• nytkinnytkin Member CommonPosts: 14

That's not totally accurate, I don't think....

Each player that gets the Imperial Edition gets a Pledge of Mara.

Each player can use the Pledge of Mara once (this is the "one off quest" trigger you are talking about, I think.)

Thus, if each player can use the Pledge once, and using the Pledge once only uses up the Pledge of the pledging player and not the target player of the Pledge, then the target player of the Pledge can use his or her Pledge on another target player.

Right??

Devil bunny needs a ham, and he's pretty sure knocking you off a building will get him one.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by nytkin

That's not totally accurate, I don't think....

Each player that gets the Imperial Edition gets a Pledge of Mara.

Each player can use the Pledge of Mara once (this is the "one off quest" trigger you are talking about, I think.)

Thus, if each player can use the Pledge once, and using the Pledge once only uses up the Pledge of the pledging player and not the target player of the Pledge, then the target player of the Pledge can use his or her Pledge on another target player.

Right??

Nah, I don't think it'll work like that - think of it as a slot or some box that everyone has but only those with a ring of Mara and their partner can fill in the info.

So once there's a name/character linked to you in that way you're off the market. image

(Just like the leveling pacts that City of Heroes used to have)

I'm guessing that if you try to use the ring after you've already bonded with someone it'll tell you that you're already bound to someone, no matter who originally used the ring.

They won't let people do the conga. 

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• nytkinnytkin Member CommonPosts: 14

Here,

This confirms that the each player can have multiple rings:

at 3:26

Devil bunny needs a ham, and he's pretty sure knocking you off a building will get him one.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

Personally I think the Rings aren't going to amount to much unless they can be enchanted.

10% of the current reduced XP isn't going to amount to much.

Think in terms of time. Grind kill for 10 hours and earn (more or less) 1 bonus hour of XP.

If they can be enchanted that would be one thing but I would tend to think that the stats on drops/quest items would outweigh the minimal XP.

On the other hand, I suppose if they apply to quests as well, leave them off for the minimal XP during the 'doing' and put them on for the cashing in of the quests. That might work out alright.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Natjur

It triggers a once off quest, use the shrine with someone else with the ring, they are now linked and you can not redo the quest.

Designed for players who always group up with the same person, for everyone else, they are just pretty looking.

I dont care for extra xp, i am pretty sure they are just going to use some pretty expensive bagspace

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by nytkin

Here,

This confirms that the each player can have multiple rings:

at 3:26

Looks like it's possible after all.

Now the question remains whether that's intentional or a bug. 

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Lucid108Lucid108 Member Posts: 36

Can I marry my US babe if she

can I kill all of then if she say no ?

is that a bad question that scares her

me no know just do find her.

cunningly make the usa invade eu , cause

1 world I see her.

babe lead an army I got people to kill.

• ReticulataReticulata Member UncommonPosts: 98

I see no one has mentioned how the rings of Mara will affect the generic bonus group xp.

Grouping with other players (no rings) already provides a 10% xp bonus.

So this 10% group xp either stacks with the rings xp, or it does not. In the latter case, I would think it makes the rings virtually useless.

SOE changes name to Daybreak games, cause dey break games.