Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The bottom line Elders Scrolls or Wildstar ? ( poll )

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    Originally posted by yaminsux

Get a job, pay for subs. F2P crowd are so selfish, " Waa, mommy! I want to play for FREE, but I dont want people with money ruin my FREE game....waaa". You go make your own game then.

OT: Both games are different from each other. If any Wildstar is a sci-fi version of WoW (that doesnt make it bad). I just didnt like WS combat mechanics (from beta). Too much twitching for me.

There is a difference between declaring that a game "should" go F2P, and simply stating that you aren't interested enough in it to pay a sub, but would spend some time in it if there were a free option.  I will be getting both games, but have a feeling (based on trying the beta) that after my initial month with Wildstar I won't actually sub, because I have to compare the value I would receive from it to all the other things I could do with the same $15, and I honestly don't think it will make the grade.  I limit myself to a maximum of two MMO subs at any given point in time, and I predict it will be TOR and ESO getting my money for the forseeable future.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    would rather stab myself in the eye with a pen than play either of these wow clones.
  • DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    Originally posted by Pivotelite

I said none.

Also ESO may be winning here but massively had a poll and wildstar won by a gigantic majority and there were way more votes.

That's because Wildstar's official twitter linked the contest

• MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Destiny, The Division and ArchAge this year for me.  WS and TESO? No thanks

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• Cephus404Cephus404 Member CommonPosts: 3,675
    Originally posted by d_20

The thing is, the games are supposed to be different. If you are into pvp as an endgame (and Elder Scrolls) the choice is obvious between the two. If you want pve and raiding as an endgame (and maybe you like SF), again, obvious. They are really pretty different games and should cater to players who want different things.

And what about people who don't want any kind of endgame whatsoever?  Skip 'em both like I'm doing.

Played: UO, EQ, WoW, DDO, SWG, AO, CoH, EvE, TR, AoC, GW, GA, Aion, Allods, lots more
    Relatively Recently (Re)Played: HL2 (all), Halo (PC, all), Batman:AA; AC, ME, BS, DA, FO3, DS, Doom (all), LFD1&2, KOTOR, Portal 1&2, Blink, Elder Scrolls (all), lots more
    Now Playing: None
    Hope: None

• Cephus404Cephus404 Member CommonPosts: 3,675
    Originally posted by yaminsux

Get a job, pay for subs. F2P crowd are so selfish, " Waa, mommy! I want to play for FREE, but I dont want people with money ruin my FREE game....waaa". You go make your own game then.

OT: Both games are different from each other. If any Wildstar is a sci-fi version of WoW (that doesnt make it bad). I just didnt like WS combat mechanics (from beta). Too much twitching for me.

I have a job, thanks.  I could buy these games if I wanted, I could play every MMO on the market if I wanted.  The point is, I don't want to play these games, they are not games I enjoy and frankly, the amount of fun I might have with them isn't worth the asking price.  I might check them out when they have a free trial to see if it's something worth wasting my time on but for both, I really have no interest.  Maybe by the time these games roll over to F2P, they'll have fixed all the inevitable release bugs and balanced the game.  I don't know, I don't really care.

There's nothing selfish about it and nothing wrong with being selfish if there was.  I play games for my own amusement, just as you play games for yours.

Played: UO, EQ, WoW, DDO, SWG, AO, CoH, EvE, TR, AoC, GW, GA, Aion, Allods, lots more
    Relatively Recently (Re)Played: HL2 (all), Halo (PC, all), Batman:AA; AC, ME, BS, DA, FO3, DS, Doom (all), LFD1&2, KOTOR, Portal 1&2, Blink, Elder Scrolls (all), lots more
    Now Playing: None
    Hope: None

• AroukosAroukos Member Posts: 571
    I played a bit of both. I dont like much any of those. If it wasnt p2p but b2p i would get Wildstar. I find it closer to my taste. If i m to pay a sub, i ll get back to WoW, when WoD gets out. Until then, PoE, RIFT, EvE and D3 :)
  • MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Originally posted by Maquiame

Yes my choices to !!! but Destiny is PS4 and i wont buy anymore consoles.
    So if they dont release a PC version then that would REALY sucks :(

yet there are so many good pc games comming out that it realy doesnt matter that much.
    But Bungie is missing out on one big pile of cash by not releasing a PC version, but maybe they dont care ? :P

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    I gave both a fair try, was in a couple betas for both and did my best to fully delve in to the system and the game itself. all in all i did not like Wildstar it seemed to cartoonish for me. It is not a bad game just not the one for me. I enjoyed ESO though the bugs were annoying. Last beta was much better though. So i vote ESO for me. Those of you who like wildstar i hope you enjoy it when its out as much as i do ESO!

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• umie214umie214 Member Posts: 123

after getting burned by a game that looked and played much better initially than either of these two (GW2), im gonna go with NONE. not until reviews, impressions, trial, etc. thing is, it's really hard to know if devs are gonna be a bunch of flakes (like ANet ended up being). but quality of devs is what should affect one's decision. 

how responsive are they to feedback? how fast are they to implement significant changes/reworks? are there enough for both PVE and PVP sections of the game? 

so far, my vote goes to WS because devs are extremely transparent, responsive and seem to know (generally) what theyre doing based on how theyve designed the content. but ESO's RvR looks quite well done as well. issue here is way too many people got burned by WvW, and im burned out on 3-faction pvp personally. PVE? WS hands down. 

• LisaFlexy22LisaFlexy22 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    Played both a good bit in beta - definitely ESO.  A year ago I would have guessed the total opposite would be true.
  • bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

TESO.

Wildstar is a good game, but a couple of things irritated me enough about it, to consider not getting it on launch. The combat is fun, but there are too many "stationary" skills. What is the point of mobile combat if you have skills that force you to stand still?

Plus, the questing in Wildstar is almost as boring as TERA, not quite, but definitely the most boring questing I've seen from a western made MMO.... ever.

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158

The Division won't be this year.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Only reason I will not even touch TESO is enforced terribly outdated WASD for movement instead of mouse. Once I have experienced game play with mouse for moving avatar .... games that uses WASD were definitively thing of past. Never ever will again torture myself to play using WASD. Simple as that. If this would not be the case I guess would try both, maybe would give slight preference to TESO. Wildstar has humour to sell, looks incredibly fun ....anyway differences and preferences are minor. Now i can bare wait WS release. And EQN. TESO? What is TESO? :-)
  • ZenIrishChaiZenIrishChai Member UncommonPosts: 527
    Neither until I see a lot more progress with both, but I want to come back and check them out again around 6 months after release.
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    ESO, definitely, but as it turns out I won't be getting either as a result of things beyond my control, ie: nice weather.  Maybe later in the year when they've gone down in price.
  • TbauTbau Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 401

I went with NONE.

Wildstar never caught my interest as its too standard themepark for me. ESO lost me with its betrayal of the race/faction locks and pre-order race, I will wait on it 3-6 months to see what happens and perhaps check it out if it shows no sign of losing people in mass with a F2P future. if F2P is its future, that's when I will join just for the story, otherwise I will pass completely for betraying its design intent to convince more people its worth playing.

Originally posted by Mothanos

Yes my choices to !!! but Destiny is PS4 and i wont buy anymore consoles.
    So if they dont release a PC version then that would REALY sucks :(

yet there are so many good pc games comming out that it realy doesnt matter that much.
    But Bungie is missing out on one big pile of cash by not releasing a PC version, but maybe they dont care ? :P

I skipped the last console generation I think the PS4 is going to be something special, besides its Halo the friggin mmo. Sorry but I have to be there for that day one and I don't have the patience to wait on a PC version. I will be playing on a mouse and keyboard for the PS4 like I would any PC game. Besides PC mmo makers right now are downright pissing me off. While I am interested in playing ArchAge I know it won't hold my interest like Destiny will. I'll get back into PC mmos with EQN and Pantheon after that.

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

Originally posted by Jimmy562

The Division won't be this year.

On PS4 or on PC? I'll be buying it on PS4 along with Destiny and I'm sure the PS4 version will probably drop first.  Oh and I forgot about The Club, that racing mmo that Ubisoft is dropping. Yep want that one too. 

Honestly though folks the best PC mmos this year will be Elite 's mmo - mode and ArchAge if it drops this year.  TESO and WS are terrible terrible games and honestly have brought the genre back and neither are as good as last years A Realm Reborn sadly, that game is getting better with every new update and is going to be something beautiful once its  first expansion hits and SE starts adding more sandbox elements to the game which they are starting with update 2.2's gardening system.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Well it's still too early to tell about Wildstar.  Messing around in the beta this weekend and having fun somewhat.  By no means is it a mind blowing experience, but I'm enjoying it more than ESO.  ESO,..well all I can really say is that I would rather play Skyrim instead (which I still do), so that's already a "No".

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    I didn't vote, but let's put it this way - I would rather jump head first into a 1000 gallon tank of cow manure than play ESO.
  • MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    Originally posted by daltanious
    Only reason I will not even touch TESO is enforced terribly outdated WASD for movement instead of mouse. Once I have experienced game play with mouse for moving avatar .... games that uses WASD were definitively thing of past. Never ever will again torture myself to play using WASD. Simple as that. If this would not be the case I guess would try both, maybe would give slight preference to TESO. Wildstar has humour to sell, looks incredibly fun ....anyway differences and preferences are minor. Now i can bare wait WS release. And EQN. TESO? What is TESO? :-)

Eather worst troll attempt or you are SERIOUS about this...moving with mouse=point and click. that game play was out before WASD movements and limited you more then WASD. Thought some games do have a clunky WASD system one of my top faves would be tera online for it.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• cyriciancyrician Member UncommonPosts: 189

Simple choice elderscrolls online.

Mabyee I have just played too many cheaply made f2p mmos but wildstar was much worse....

Elderscrolls might be a little buggy but atleaste it's not f2p copier..

Current games;
    Star treck online
    Rift
    Eve online
    Firefall

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    None because neither will be worth a monthly fee nor will they have any staying power.  There will be better non mmos games to play this year.