Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The bottom line Elders Scrolls or Wildstar ? ( poll )

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Ok, Lets just say release of both were at the same time.

I'm on the fence on both. I may play both but I'm not sure. I only had limited bata time. I have equal amounts of pros and cons. To be honest I'm not extremely crazy about either one, but there all were fed as of late.

Here is my opinion

Elders Scrolls online :

- many bugs.

- mega servers zoning and phasing are killing my playing with friends. I think this is a large part of the bug problem. I took an invite from my friends yet I was doing a solo quest that was not allowing me to complete. Later I was un grouped and worked fine. Also When I was grouped I could not find my friends on the screen, we decided that it could have been that I had a chain quest un done in my log even when I was in the open world.

+ Classes are deep, Graphics are nice, and crafting is fun.

Wildstar :

- Stater area sucked.

- Some zones make your eyes bleed with red ( kind of like Hellfire in WoW ).

- Th world and quest are somewhat too action packed and OBNOXIOUS at times, mostly when your not in the mood.

- Quest hubs are condensed and crowed with a lot of Pow and zommmm going on all the time, again Obnoxious. 

- Telegraphs on the ground could suck at times, its like shining a flashlight on the ground.

+They say the world is open and not much zoning, and quest seem to not be so much chain quest. this would make grouping easer if true.

Comments

• Fenrisl1234Fenrisl1234 Member Posts: 39
    I don't know if I'm lucky or they already fixed the phasing issues but I (lvl 15) helped my friend from 1 to 10 at Stonefalls (did all the "story" quest) and didn't encounter a phasing issue once (only i couldn't see some npc that I completed quest with).
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878

I just said "let me see the poll."

I'm playing ESO and I have no intention of playing WildStar. That's not because WS sucks. It's because I've played both in beta and I liked ESO better. That's it.

The thing is, the games are supposed to be different. If you are into pvp as an endgame (and Elder Scrolls) the choice is obvious between the two. If you want pve and raiding as an endgame (and maybe you like SF), again, obvious. They are really pretty different games and should cater to players who want different things.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Having tested ESO i find it a really boring quest grind so I shall not be playing that.

I have not tried Wildstar but I am not a fan of the super catroon graphics they have gone with so that has put me off before I have even tried it...

So for now I voted none.. but i will give wildstar a go if i can get into a beta test for it.

• CalvenCalven Member Posts: 151

None. I'm sure that WS is good game and I hope people will enjoy it.. But I'm fed up with cartoony games and 'sillyness'. I want a more mature setting. I was hoping ESO could provide that but I cannot support the cash shop model and Collector's edition exclusives. So I let my wallet my speak for me.. That's the only language that will bring about any change.

I do hope that people, no matter what game, will have a good time! :)

• Fenrisl1234Fenrisl1234 Member Posts: 39
    Well Wildstar is a questhub game type so you'll also find a go kill 10 rats king of quest.
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Fenrisl1234
    Well Wildstar is a questhub game type so you'll also find a go kill 10 rats king of quest.

Well in that case I will be giving it a miss as well.. bored of those type of games myself.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by delete5230

- Telegraphs on the ground could suck at times, its like shining a flashlight on the ground.

Both games are hub hoppers with a few quests thrown out in the wilderness.  Both starter areas sucked.  Neither have interesting quest dialogue, although the activities you do for the quest in Wildstar are more interesting.  Also ESO in the latest patch nerfed pretty much all experience aside from questing, while in Wildstar you can level at a reasonable rate through PvP and dungeons (which is what I will be doing).

I would say both class systems are deep.  The amount of customisation available in both is nice.

ESO has terrible animations, especially in combat. 

Wildstar looks bad if you have blue telegraphs turned on - you don't actually need them.  Once you have seen the spread / range of your skills once, youll never need to have them on again.  Also the combat animations make it VERY clear where your spells are going.  Turn them off and enjoy the superior animations. 

In PvE, if you have blue telegraphs turned off you probably get the same amount of red markers that ESO gives. There is very little difference.

In PvP the red markers can get a bit out of hand. You can tone it down, but I agree that it can be a bit annoying if you just want to enjoy the scene.

Generally speaking, if cartoon graphics or traditional themepark gameplay are a deal breaker for you, then Wildstar will never appeal to you.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    It Seems like Elders Scrolls Online has it over Wildstar......Like I say I don't hate them but there just not great !
  • Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

TESO will obviously see a lot more sales then Wildstar, being a much bugger IP.

But like many I don't have much faith in any of them being that great, I wont be playing TESO due to the fact that I really dislike the combat, and the lack of endgame, im not a fan of PVP  and it seems like almost everyone playing this game will be playing it solo.

Might play Wildstar cause unlike some , I do enjoy raiding and grouping, since to me the point of MMO's is to play with friends and guild members.

I am looking forward to the sandbox games coming out such as The Repopulation, Life if Feudal, EQ:Next , some of these new sandbox games will be a nice change from the fantasy theme , and lots of them you build the world around you instead of it being built for you, which to me is the most exciting part of an MMO.

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

I'm not buying either at launch (unless I change my mind :p ). Wildstar managed to bore me faster even than Rift did. I hate end game raiding so there's no incentive for me to pay the box price + monthly sub then force myself to grind through its PvE. In a year or two when it's F2P maybe I'll give it another shot but more likely not.

The only reason I'd consider playing TESO is for AvA but as of now my expectation is it will turn out to be a slightly better version of GW 2 WvW (i.e. not what I'm interested in). I'm keeping on eye on it though and if reviews of AvA are much more positive than that a month or three after launch then I might pick it up to play until Camelot Unchained reaches later testing stages.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    I'm probably going to wait till ArcheAge.

• FoobarxFoobarx Member Posts: 451

Poll should go a little more like this:

<Insert release date>, buy the game (<insert game>), play it for 30 days, then don't sub like most everyone else.

Example:

April 4th, buy the game (ESO), play if for 30 days, then don't sub like most everyone else.

June 3rd, buy the game (Wildstar), play it for 30 days, then don't sub like most everyone else.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    ESO, but I haven't played Wildstar.  From what I've seen, it looks like a good time, but I don't think there's as much to do as ESO.
  • Sigurd57Sigurd57 Member UncommonPosts: 347

Both, Neither, etc..  

I think they are too very very very different games with 2 distinct target audiences.

To me, ESO seems to be the "Buy, Playthrough, Put Down"  type of game.   I know they are talking of all the end-game PvP and things to do, but it seems they're selling a journey, not a destination.   Assuming they can keep that journey fresh with tons of new content on a very aggressive schedule, it could work out!

WildStar appears to be the exact opposite, pushing the "Game Begins At 50" which usually includes the typical instance / gear grinds and mechanics designed to keep you logging in.   It (imo) looks to be designed to appeal to the insanely bored WoW (or similar-type-game) population.  This isn't a bad thing!  Even if it is 'more of the same' - a fresh bit of scenery never hurts.  But will it have staying power?  Who knows. 

I think they both have potential to be great, and both equally have potential to be disasters.   Nobody will know till about 60-90 days after release of each.   I'll likely get both due to both curiosity and a short attention span.   I think a lot of others will do the same.

Hey TSW Players http://www.unfair.co/ for Mission guides, Lore Locations and stuff....

• WabbaWayWabbaWay Member Posts: 101

Gonna buy Wildstar just because i like the setting and how they're going back to the roots of the core themepark MMO but with a nice few twists - I'm actually pretty bored with themeparks, so I just hope it's going to entertain me long enough for the alpha release of CU.

Would probably buy ESO as well if it wasn't for all the greedy nonsense they're going to include at release. Have to set a line somewhere, digital deluxe benefits and cash shop with a subscription crossed my line a while ago.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,855

Zenimax seems to be very clumsy.

Like they dont know what they are doing and dont have a solid plan forward.

They react quickly but its mostly to problems that should not have existed in the first place.

Carbine on the other hand has shown that they are very confident in their product. Look at the distinct and completely opposite handling of the NDAs.

Their plan forward may be "game begins at level 50" but atleast they have plans for max level at launch.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

Neither game really interested me (for the cost + sub + cashshop).  ESO was just a WoW themepark ripoff.   Yet Wildstar did hook me for a little bit.

Remember that awesome housing trailer for WildStar? No?  Here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQm7eOjyQSY

But that was when housing wasn't advertised as instanced.  Each player occupied their own island in the sky.  Everyone owned a piece of virtual "physical" reality.

Wildstar later announced that all housing would be instanced, and they would do telegraphing.  No thank you

So neither game grabs me currently, until they go F2P soon, at which point I have nothing to lose.  Game on!

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Wildstar is what I am going to be playing. Even if they were both launched at the same time I already have wildstar pre ordered and enjoy that type of game a bit more. I like the feel of it more than ESO.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

I said none.

Also ESO may be winning here but massively had a poll and wildstar won by a gigantic majority and there were way more votes.

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Originally posted by Karteli

Neither game really interested me (for the cost + sub + cashshop).  ESO was just a WoW themepark ripoff.   Yet Wildstar did hook me for a little bit.

Remember that awesome housing trailer for WildStar? No?  Here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQm7eOjyQSY

But that was when housing wasn't advertised as instanced.  Each player occupied their own island in the sky.  Everyone owned a piece of virtual "physical" reality.

Wildstar later announced that all housing would be instanced, and they would do telegraphing.  No thank you

So neither game grabs me currently, until they go F2P soon, at which point I have nothing to lose.  Game on!

Get a job, pay for subs. F2P crowd are so selfish, " Waa, mommy! I want to play for FREE, but I dont want people with money ruin my FREE game....waaa". You go make your own game then.

OT: Both games are different from each other. If any Wildstar is a sci-fi version of WoW (that doesnt make it bad). I just didnt like WS combat mechanics (from beta). Too much twitching for me.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I always give it straight up,no candy coating.

WS  team has the best marketing videos ever,i think we all had fun watching them,they are funny and witty.As for the game,a pile of cheap looking rubbish.

TESO: Poor marketing,not a very good community team,reminds me of Trion's work on AA.Game is imo a decent effort not good enough to get me to buy it but a decent game,definitely not as bad as i have seen since Wow came out.

If i was rating on MY choice WS= 2/10.....TESO a 6/10.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Have no idea about wildstar haven't paid it much mind TBH, if I hear good things I'll try it out. I hear they have an OB coming up so I may give it a shot then, don't knock em til you try em IMO... I'll be playing ESO at some point.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796
    Originally posted by Karteli

Neither game really interested me (for the cost + sub + cashshop).  ESO was just a WoW themepark ripoff. 

Yet Wildstar did hook me for a little bit.

I can't believe some people are still trying to spin ESO off as a WoW clone..  You usually seem much more informed in your posts.

And then in the same breath you state that WS hooked you for a bit.. If either is modeling itself after WoW it is most certainly WS - and that's not even touching on the visual similarities.

I don't even believe this can even be up for debate for anyone who has actually played ESO level 10+.

*sigh*

I still come to this site because it's the most legitimate online gaming news site left online.. But the forums (member posts) have really gone to shit exponentially during the past 3 or 4 years.  I blame Generation ELS™.

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844

If i compare combat ,i still hope that ESO combat is just placeholder beta combat,I have not tried WS yet.

if i compare PvP ,WS seems to have some,ES only mass duel instance and world is in peace.

But this tiny feeling that ESO  feels a little like Morrowind > all.

Will try both but really hard to see playing more than few months at this point.

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **