Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Feature Packs Set to Update & Enhance Existing Systems

2»

Comments

• OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616
    Originally posted by DeniZg
    Originally posted by VeryDusty
    Originally posted by GregorMcgregor
    Think they'll add a Trinity trait line? People would maybe return then.

I hope they NEVER do that - period.  If they put that in I know many current players would leave.

The way I read it from Dev blog, new master traits will allow your Elementalist to heal a lot more, your Guardian to have more health etc. Maybe it's not trinity that we know from other MMO games like WoW, but it's pretty damn close.

Also, I'm not sure why would these changes bring people back? It's not like people left because they had to buy books to respec traits, while everything else was just perfect.

Give us Xpac with new zones/continents and classes and I will come back for sure.

Yeah I agree.

Also the way these changes are being sold is very WoWish when they shrunk the talent trees in Cata, ('hey we want these changes to be significant!!! Rather then you feeling empowered!!'), basically there saying players are too dumb to experiment and are really making these changes for their own balancing needs. Seen it before, although being able to change trait choices free is a welcome change.

We'll have to see how the guides work, I have a feeling they'll be expensive, (with the vendor option), enough for some players to consider cashing in gems...there not making these changes without some angle on monetary gain, it's how they make their money.

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359
    Originally posted by DeniZg
    Originally posted by VeryDusty
    Originally posted by GregorMcgregor
    Think they'll add a Trinity trait line? People would maybe return then.

I hope they NEVER do that - period.  If they put that in I know many current players would leave.

The way I read it from Dev blog, new master traits will allow your Elementalist to heal a lot more, your Guardian to have more health etc. Maybe it's not trinity that we know from other MMO games like WoW, but it's pretty damn close.

Also, I'm not sure why would these changes bring people back? It's not like people left because they had to buy books to respec traits, while everything else was just perfect.

Give us Xpac with new zones/continents and classes and I will come back for sure.

I think that the trinity is far more dependent on MOB behavior (aggro mechanics) than it is on class abilities.  You could have the best healer and tank in the world, but if the aggro mechanics don't allow the tank to keep aggro, it won't matter because the MOBs will just crush your squishy DPS.

So basically, I don't think that any changes to the classes will make GW2 into a trinity game.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716
    Originally posted by Xssiv

I do like getting a little reward for each level in the form of a trait point and skill point, however I can certainly deal with the new system since most of my chars are at or close to level cap.

What bothers is me is fact that ANet is taking away build options in favor of making idiots more effective:

With this system, spending traits will be much easier for new players to understand. Right now, there is the possibility for someone who doesn’t really know the system to spend 11 trait points in one line and 14 in another and wind up with a less effective build. As an added benefit, the trait panel will be much easier to understand and navigate.

And if I want to run 11 points in one line and 14 in another, I should be able to regardless of what's thought to be most effective.

This is a case of getting rid of fake complexity, and trading it in for more build options.  40 new grandmaster traits actually creates more build diversity.

The ONLY build diversity they removed is the ability to actually specifically be bad.  There is 0 benefit to having 11 points in one line and 14 in another.  It is, in fact, not a real choice, it's just fake complexity.  It's not like you're sacrificing something good for something not quite as good but benefiting you in a different way, having an unusual amount of points in your trait lines is just silly.  It's like pennies.  Pennies are silly.

I'd rather have the extra traits being added any time.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    Loving the changes! Glad to see the return of some familiar skills from GW1 in the form of traits.
  • tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Originally posted by Xssiv

And if I want to run 11 points in one line and 14 in another, I should be able to regardless of what's thought to be most effective.

No you shouldn't, because then the other players will need to pick up your slack in dungeons/events/bosses, etc.

Although it's given that a competent player (with the Dodge key actually bound) will still trump an autoattacking ranger any day, with or without optimal builds. This change won't make bad players good players, but it will give them less opportunity to be bad players with gimped builds.

My point is, purposefully building suboptimal builds is stupid and when talking about group content, also selfish. I don't think many players would do that anyhow, but since you brought it up...

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944
    Originally posted by cinos

It's a good step, no question about that, but I have to admit I was hoping for some way to save our builds like in GW1.

me too, i dont care about 3 silver, but i play my main for one and half year and i created so many builds i would like to be able to save them ...