Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

March Madness sale Should I jump on this

EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/March_Madness_Special_IV/  Wondering if I should jump on this deal today.

Comments

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813
    No, you should buy the components yourself and build your own.
  • udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

I was thinking it looked like a ok deal for a prebuilt than I noticed that it doesn't include a monitor.  There are worse deals out there but if you can get past the mental block of building your own I think you can do better at that price point. 

After replacing my HD's in both my laptop and desktop with SSD's I wouldn't buy another computer without one with at least enough space for the OS plus a few games.  The difference is huge.

• EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Originally posted by udon

I was thinking it looked like a ok deal for a prebuilt than I noticed that it doesn't include a monitor.  There are worse deals out there but if you can get past the mental block of building your own I think you can do better at that price point. 

After replacing my HD's in both my laptop and desktop with SSD's I wouldn't buy another computer without one with at least enough space for the OS plus a few games.  The difference is huge.

Dont need a monitor. Getting the rift.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348

They always have specials going.  As soon as one special offer ends, another starts.  So don't feel like you need to hurry before it disappears.

Your link just goes to a base configurator, not a specific build unless you were planning on buying the default on their configurator.

• WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Originally posted by Epicent

I was looking into the rift until I realized I am slightly retarded and have to look at my keyboard to type... :P

As a side note, I have a Cyberpower machine and yeah you'll have people say to build your own and I considered it myself... but for the build costs they were advertising at the time I figured it was worth it just to have the warranty and not have the hassle...

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    Originally posted by Epicent

All the more reason to pick and choose your components in a custom machine.  Although I can't imagine using that thing all the time so I would still need a monitor or three.

It's really not that hard to build your own as long as your patient and follow directions.  I think the hardest parts are routing the cables to keep them clean with good airflow and mounting the CPU heatsink.