Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Big Change to Addons

flguy147flguy147 Member UncommonPosts: 507

Addons are changed, Its on Tamriel Foundry  now. 

Edit: had to change the title.

Comments

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    What...? This release just gets stranger and stranger.
  • DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Any particular reason for this move?

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• augustgraceaugustgrace Member UncommonPosts: 628

No.

They altered the api to remove access to some information.  Before this you could see your opponents magicka/stamina and what skills/buffs they were using in real time.  They removed access to this information.

• WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    I see nothing, care to tell me were cause I don't see it?
  • flguy147flguy147 Member UncommonPosts: 507
    Originally posted by augustgrace

No.

They altered the api to remove access to some information.  Before this you could see your opponents magicka/stamina and what skills/buffs they were using in real time.  They removed access to this information.

No, I think its pretty much all of them according to Entropy Rising.

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Far as I remember....they said they would do as much before release. And NO...I won't post it....go look yourselves. I'm glad to see this.

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103
    Originally posted by flguy147

No.

Yeah they said they were going to block some features of add ons, that's probably what they are talking about.  But if they decided to pull add-ons all together for now, that would only mean they did not have time to tinker around with the add on feature and will probably do that after the quest bug fixes and launch.

No.

No.  Did not remove addons, simply altered what you have access to.

API Version Change: Version is now 100003. Update your addons with the "## APIVersion: " tag in the appropriate .txt file.

Main changes: - Removed a number of deprecated events and functions. - Locked down access to Unit information and ability cast functionality. - Locked down access to combat events so that only your own outgoing spells can be monitored with any level of detail. Incoming damage and healing from spells have been restricted to only showing the value and not the name of the spell, type of damage or healing, or who is casting it.

Global Variable Changes: - Removed CastBarType enumeration

• Added MouseDestroyItemFailedReason to help inform the user why an item couldn't be destroyed

• Removed TOOLTIP_GAME_DATA_SOCKET because much of the old item socketing API has been removed.

• Removed a number of unused, irrelevant, or private ActionResults: ACTION_RESULT_BEGIN ACTION_RESULT_BEGIN_CHANNEL ACTION_RESULT_BUFF ACTION_RESULT_COMPLETE ACTION_RESULT_DEBUFF ACTION_RESULT_EFFECT_FADED ACTION_RESULT_EFFECT_GAINED ACTION_RESULT_EFFECT_GAINED_DURATION ACTION_RESULT_LINKED_CAST

• Added ACTION_RESULT_MERCENARY_LIMIT (for errors from keep/siege messaging)

• Added CampaignReassignmentErrorReason enumeration value for CAMPAIGN_REASSIGN_ERROR_CAMPAIGNS_DISABLED

• Added QueueForCampaignResponseType enumeration values: QUEUE_FOR_CAMPAIGN_RESULT_CAMPAIGNS_DISABLED QUEUE_FOR_CAMPAIGN_RESULT_CAMPAIGN_FULL QUEUE_FOR_CAMPAIGN_RESULT_DESTINATION_NOT_UP QUEUE_FOR_CAMPAIGN_RESULT_GROUP_MEMBER_WITH_INSUFFICIENT_LEVEL QUEUE_FOR_CAMPAIGN_RESULT_INSUFFICIENT_LEVEL QUEUE_FOR_CAMPAIGN_RESULT_NOT_ONLINE

Game API Changes:

• Removed deprecated functions: DoesUnitHaveTooltip GetUnitFinesseRankInfo GetUnitXPDebt GetUnitPrimaryPowerType GetUnitPrimaryPowerIndex GetMaxPowerPools DoesUnitUsePowerType GetUnitCastingInfo GetUnitBuffSlot GetBuffEffectType GetBuffAbilityType GetBuffStatusEffectType CheckUnitBuffsForAbilityType GetPoisonEffectColorIndex GetPlayerBuffPriorities GetSynergyInfo GetNumSynergies GetSlotAbilityRank CheckSlotAbilityStatusLine HasOtherAbilityOngoingFailure GetActionSlotType IsSlotActionInRange IsSlotActionTooClose GetJournalQuestIsPushed GetQuestDailyCount SetUseInteractionCamera GetItemNumSockets GetItemSocketType GetMaxTransformPlugs GetPlugItemInfo GetPlugItemLink StartSocketingItem StartSocketingUnit ResetSocketing StopSocketing ApplySocketing ClearSocket ApplyPlugToSocket IsCurrentlySocketingItem IsCurrentlySocketingUnit CanPlayerModifySockets AreSocketingChangesPending SocketingChangesWillDestroyUpgrades CanPlugGoInSocket GetClosestKeep GetClosestKeepOfType GetAvAKeepsHeld GetKeepPvPSystem GetParentKeepForKeep GetActiveKeepId DepositBattleTokens GetBattleTokensForKeepUpgradePathLevel GetKeepInCombat RequestKeepInfoForKeep GetBattleTokens IsMapPinFilterSet SetMapPinFilter GetNumMapPinFilters GetSiegeAmmoIcon GetNumGuildReputationRanks GetGuildReputationRankInfo GetNumUsedPlayerAuras GetPlayerAuraInfo GetPlayerMaxLevel GetStatIncreasePerLevel GetNumWeaponSets GetCurrentWeaponSet GetWeaponSetInfo GetWeaponSetXPInfo GetNumWeaponSetRanks GetWeaponSetAbilityInfo RespecAbilityProgression GetNumAbilityProgressions GetNumAbilityProgressionRanks GetNumAttributePassives GetAttributePassiveInfo GetNumAttributeDerivedStats GetAttributeDerivedStatInfo GetNumActiveCombatTips GetGameCameraMinCameraDistance GetGameCameraMaxCameraDistance IsGameCameraTargetInMeleeRange IsGameCameraTargetOutOfRange IsGameCameraUnitHighlightedValid IsGameCameraPreferredTargetHighlightedByReticle IsGameCameraFirstPerson GetKeepWallInfo GetNumHookPoints GetHookPointInfo GetNumHookPointStoreEntries GetHookPointStoreInfo AddHookPointPurchase CompleteHookPointPurchase GetNumKeepPieceHealItems RepairKeepPiece PlaceInSocket IsFriendlyForwardCampAvailable

• Removed LogChatText entirely. The user can still create chat logs with the /chatlog command, however the logs are not flushed immediately. It's no longer possible to log arbitrary data to that file.

• Added new Synergy API: GetSynergyInfo: returns information about the currently available synergy. Arguments: None Returns: synergyName, iconFilename

• Added GetPendingItemPost for information about an item that is being posted to the Guild Store. Arguments: None Returns: bag, slot, quantity

• Restricted information that GetUnitBuffInfo has access to. It can now only be used to discover long term buffs about the local player. As such, the final return value "isLongTermBuff" has been removed since the API only returns long-term buffs.

• Restricted access to the following functions. They are now private functions and cannot be called by AddOns. SendChatMessage GameCameraInteractStart GameCameraMouseFreeLookStart GameCameraMouseFreeLookStop CycleGameCameraPreferredEnemyTarget ClearGameCameraPreferredTarget ReleaseGameCameraSiegeControlled

• Changed Synergy ability API to use a new function ActivateSynergy instead of the old API functions (Activate Buff, UseSynergyEffect, and UseMostRecentSynergyEffect)

• Renamed InventoryContainsEmptySoulGem to DoesInventoryContainEmptySoulGem

• The Emote API has been changed so that it no longer allows emotes that didn't have slash commands to be used by the player.

Game Event Changes:

• Removed events: EVENT_ABILITY_PROGRESSION_FULL_UPDATE EVENT_ABILITY_RANGE_CHANGED EVENT_ACTION_PAGE_UPDATED EVENT_BATTLE_TOKEN_UPDATE EVENT_BEGIN_CAST EVENT_CAMERA_DISTANCE_SETTING_CHANGED EVENT_CHAT_MESSAGE_COMBAT EVENT_CLOSE_HOOK_POINT_STORE EVENT_CONTROLLED_SIEGE_SOCKETS_CHANGED EVENT_CURRENT_WEAPON_SET_UPDATE EVENT_DELAY_CAST EVENT_DROWN_TIMER_UPDATE EVENT_END_CAST EVENT_GAME_SCORE EVENT_GAME_STATE_CHANGED EVENT_GAME_TIMER_PAUSED EVENT_GUILD_REPUTATION_ADDED EVENT_GUILD_REPUTATION_LOADED EVENT_GUILD_REPUTATION_POINTS_UPDATED EVENT_GUILD_REPUTATION_RANK_UPDATED EVENT_HOOK_POINTS_UPDATED EVENT_INTERACTION_TRANSITION_PENDING EVENT_KEEP_BATTLE_TOKENS_UPDATE EVENT_KEEP_CAPTURE_REWARDS EVENT_KEEP_COMBAT_STATE_CHANGED EVENT_KEEP_RESOURCE_LOCK_UPDATE EVENT_KILL_SPAM EVENT_LEVEL_UP_INFO_UPDATED EVENT_LOCAL_PLAYER_ABILITY_OCCURED EVENT_LOCAL_PLAYER_CHARGEUP_BEGIN EVENT_LOCAL_PLAYER_CHARGEUP_COMPLETE EVENT_LOCAL_PLAYER_KICKOFF_CAST EVENT_LOCAL_PLAYER_WEAPON_ABILITY_WAIT_BEGIN EVENT_LOCAL_PLAYER_WEAPON_ABILITY_WAIT_END EVENT_MINIMAP_FILTERS_INITIALIZED EVENT_MOUSEOVER_CHANGED EVENT_NEW_DISCOVERY_AREA EVENT_NEW_REVEAL EVENT_OPEN_HOOK_POINT_STORE EVENT_PLAYER_AURA_UPDATE EVENT_PREFERRED_TARGET_HIGHLIGHT_UPDATE EVENT_PVP_FLAG_CHANGED EVENT_QUEST_DAILY_COUNT_CHANGED EVENT_QUEST_INTERACT_DIALOG EVENT_REASSIGN_CAMPAIGN_FAILED EVENT_SET_CHEVRON EVENT_SHOW_LINKED_CAST EVENT_SHOW_SCOREBOARD EVENT_SHOW_SCOREBUTTON EVENT_SHOW_TIME EVENT_SOCKETING_ITEM_ALREADY_HAS_PROPERTY EVENT_SOCKETING_UNIT_DESTROYED EVENT_SOCKETING_UNIT_SOCKETS_CHANGED EVENT_UPDATE_GAME_STATE EVENT_WEAPON_SET_FULL_UPDATE EVENT_WEAPON_SET_RANK_UPDATE EVENT_WEAPON_SET_XP_UPDATE

• Added Event: EVENT_MOUSE_REQUEST_DESTROY_ITEM_FAILED (bagId, slotIndex, itemCount, name, reason)

• Changed Event EVENT_SKILL_POINTS_CHANGED to pass information about partial point gains: EVENT_SKILL_POINTS_CHANGED (pointsBefore, pointsNow, partialPointsBefore, partialPointsNow)

• Changed Synergy Event API replacing existing events with a single EVENT_SYNERGY_ABILITY_CHANGED that should be used to know when to query the Synergy API about changes to the current Synergy that will be used.

UI Object API Changes:

• Changed CompassDisplayControl API for GetCenterOveredPinInfo to return the draw level of the pin currently in the center of the compass. Returns: description, type, distance, drawLayer, (new field) drawLevel, suppressed

• Removed TooltipControl API: SetAttributePassive SetHookPointStoreEntry SetPlugItem SetSiegeFire SetSocketingItem SetSynergyBuff SetUnit SetWeaponSetAbility

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

Not removed - but extremely scaled back.

Great news. Was totally out of hand.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Hmm, no problems here. I did go look for API today though. 
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • RyowulfRyowulf Member UncommonPosts: 664
    Out of hand? Or just what most mmos come with as standard. But I forgot this is Skyrim with multiplayer and not an mmo.
  • DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by Ryowulf
    Out of hand? Or just what most mmos come with as standard. But I forgot this is Skyrim with multiplayer and not an mmo.

Umm ESO is not even close to Skyrim... UI is the only thing it shares with Skyrim.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• R.LimaR.Lima Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Title is misleading. Either way, I am glad for the change. Thankfully, all those discussions were not in vain!

No.

No.  Did not remove addons, simply altered what you have access to.

You maybe right, I was just going by what ER was saying and so I maybe wrong.  If not its definitely changed a lot.

• WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    Originally posted by Jyiiga

Not removed - but extremely scaled back.

Great news. Was totally out of hand.

This is great news, I was scared this game would of became WoW in terms of must have mods to be on par with others using them.

Last beta I tested out some mods and felt compelled to keep using certain mods even though deep down I really didn't like the mod and what It stood for, I tested TTC  that lets you see enemy resourse numbers and buffs, I hated the fact this mod held me at gun point to play, it felt like cheating but I knew that others were using it and if I wanted to stay competive I had to use this mod, so I am very glad that they butchered mods like Tamriel Tactical Combat and others like it : )

I changed the title to the thread to not mislead, I thought it was removed but think its a big change now.
  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

great news for me too. any addon that gives a player a competitive advantage in pvp = bad IMO

ive always hated that shit in mmo's, you are forced to install all these addons to compete.

I think they went a bit far, but some of the changes were needed, even if the information provided was pretty much standard fair for mmorpgs.

Some are saying that they've removed the ability to see an opponents health as a percentage.  If that is true it's a bit of a knee jerk reaction, and a bit annoying when slotting execution skills on your bar.

• GiffenGiffen Member UncommonPosts: 276
    This is an absolutely horrible change.  The default UI is one of the worst ever seen in MMO history, addons were the only thing making it bearable.
  • sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    Originally posted by Giffen

This is an absolutely horrible change.  The default UI is one of the worst ever seen in MMO history, addons were the only thing making it bearable.

I feel the exact opposite about it. This was a wonderful change, the default UI is refreshingly uncluttered and I would have hated to have to fill up my screen with crap just to stay on an equal footing with others.
  • AzothAzoth Member UncommonPosts: 840

Yea cause being able to tell who's a ww and who's a vampire or exactly what is being cast against you, auto target low life player, auto block and auto interrupt.. That was all really essential to your success right ?

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892

don't really agree, thought it was one of the best.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • indefindef Member UncommonPosts: 344

This Erlexx guys' stream is completely 100% false.  Addons are NOT being removed entirely from the game which is what they are discussing.  The API was scaled back in order to allow players to only gain slightly more information with addons than what the default UI provides.  

ZOS had 2 options here:

1.  Upgrade the default user interface to include all information that was available through the API and therefore addons.

2.  Scale back the API in order to limit addons to either the same or slightly more information than the default UI.

They went with option 2 which is an extremely SMART decision.  Option 1 would require time they don't have since release is in less than 2 weeks.  By taking option 2, it allows them to slowly expand the default UI based on user feedback and then make these same functions available through the API for addons.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by Sovrath

don't really agree, thought it was one of the best.

yep, totaly agreed.

also seen people whining about missing minimap and enemies on it... seriously. wrong game.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

Oh no, you mean people are going to have to pay attention to visual cues, and make reads and have reactions? The horror.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯