Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: New Trailer Shows Act 5, Malthael Battle Spotted Momentarily

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Blizzard has released a brand new video for Diablo III: Reaper of Souls. The expansion will hit live service on March 25th and this video gets players excited about what Act V and the expansion will bring to the game: Adventure Mode, Bounties, the Crusader, a new story for Act V and more. Included in the video is a momentary peek at the final face off against Malthael, the Angel of Death himself.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• LegereLegere Member UncommonPosts: 123

make it $15 or $20 bucks and I'll give it a go.

I've already paid $60 for D3 core game

• the420kidthe420kid Member UncommonPosts: 440
    I have already bought this just to play it for 4 days before ESO comes out.  I will likely return to play it more in the future though when I get done with ESO its a great little multiplayer game but theres no rush to play it right away as other ppls success doesnt impact you in any way.
  • nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Yeah I'm kinda turned off by the $40 price tag as well.  Sadly I don't think it's going to see a price drop anytime soon.  See: Heart of the Swarm.
  • Darknessguy64Darknessguy64 Member Posts: 233
    Originally posted by Legere

Why should they reduce the price? Just because you are too cheap to buy it? I'm sure there will be sales in the future, so if coming up with $40 is too much for you, you will probably have a chance to grab it in the future. Save your pennies!!

I already pre-ordered. Can't wait!!

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

$40 is the going rate for a AAA game expansion.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
    Originally posted by expresso

While true, I can see why some do not feel the value is there considering they are only adding one new class, one act, and a design decision that finally addresses the randomness problem with the game. I am pretty critical of Actiblizzard and feel the expansion is a sham, but my wife and a couple of RL friends have really been enjoying the changes thus far so I already know I will be buying a copy for her. The game is easy enough for her to play so I am happy shes happy..

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• AroukosAroukos Member Posts: 571
    Looks great but 40$ ? No thank you
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I just can't wait for adventure mode.

Does anyone know if you have to level to 70 before you unlock adventure mode or 60 or is it available right away? etc.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Originally posted by BadSpock

Does anyone know if you have to level to 70 before you unlock adventure mode or 60 or is it available right away? etc.

The new class and adventure mode are what sells it for me.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Excalaber2Excalaber2 Member UncommonPosts: 360
    BadSpock - Adventure mode is available at level 1.  In beta, I played Crusader and level him only on Adventure mode without touching the story :)

Disclaimer: This is not a troll post and is not here to promote any negative energy. Although this may be a criticism, it is not meant to offend anyone. If a moderator feels the post is inappropriate, please remove it immediately before it is subject to consideration for a warning. Thank you.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by Sovrath

*thanks Excalaber!

I don't know if I want to start leveling a Crusader in Adventure Mode or just through the Campaign Act I-V and THEN hit Adventure Mode.

Feels more like end-game to me, ya know?

But, I've run through I-IV soooo many times now. Maybe I'll just play I-V on Normal and just roflstomp everything very quickly.

• naZchoconaZchoco Member Posts: 82
    maaaaan! i can not wait. after they released the patch recently i haven't put d3 down. it's almost on the d2 addiction level. only reason i've stopped as of yesterday is realizing all my gear and levels are probably pointless after expansion lol
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Originally posted by Darknessguy64

Why should they reduce the price? Just because you are too cheap to buy it? I'm sure there will be sales in the future, so if coming up with $40 is too much for you, you will probably have a chance to grab it in the future. Save your pennies!!

Funny how people defend price gouging. Kind of reminds me of that L'oreal commercial "Because Your Worth It" LMAO

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

It is now, thanx to consumer's who will pay anything.

• Darknessguy64Darknessguy64 Member Posts: 233
    Originally posted by laserit

Funny how people defend price gouging. Kind of reminds me of that L'oreal commercial "Because Your Worth It" LMAO

Funny how people complain about the price...when it's had barely changed in the past 30 years. Who is the greedy one?

Originally posted by laserit

Funny how people complain about the price...when it's had barely changed in the past 30 years. Who is the greedy one?

Barely changed in 30 years.... Interesting. Maybe i'm getting kind of old but I remember things a little differently.

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/diablo-ii-lord-of-destruction-review/1900-2782000/

"Though it's a fully featured expansion, Diablo II: Lord of Destruction does pack a hefty retail price of more than $30. So, the question with Lord of Destruction, as with any expansion pack, is whether or not the price suitably justifies the enhancements included."

• TsuruTsuru Member UncommonPosts: 297
    @laserit, you have to account for inflation. The price of money has changed since then.
  • BearKnightBearKnight Member CommonPosts: 461

Still looks too easy, too cartoony, texture quality still looks really low, and i'm told 4-player coop is still the max.

No thanks

ps: Is it still forced online play? If i cannot play the whole game while offline anywhere I go then that's an insant no still.

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    Originally posted by BearKnight

Still looks too easy, too cartoony, texture quality still looks really low, and i'm told 4-player coop is still the max.

No thanks

ps: Is it still forced online play? If i cannot play the whole game while offline anywhere I go then that's an insant no still.

It wasn't easy at release unless you were gifted gear or I suppose farmed the right ways (Which Blizzard apparently did not think was the right way).

I swore I would not buy it, especially at $40 for such little content. I have the week off work now though so I figured I might as well splurge a little bit =)

• husscoolhusscool Member UncommonPosts: 77

No thanks

Are you apart of the group that insists glorified browser games like TL2 and PoE are better than D3 2.0? 

Unless your playing on a garbage machine with the graphics turned to max the game looks incredible. It is smooth, dark, gothic and loaded with gruesome and ALIVE details everywhere. 

When exactly did it get too easy for you? At release, inferno mode elites were next to impossible to kill and if you play on torment 5 or 6 without the proper gear you are in for a rude awakening. 

The RoS patch has saved d3.

They didn't include an offline mode to combat piracy. That is the day and age that we live in. Deal with it. Releasing an offline game in 2014 is an invitation to steal it and the industry loses millions because of piracy. It's a small part of the reason why we haven't seen as many AA titles in the past 2 years. 

• EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648

*thanks Excalaber!

I don't know if I want to start leveling a Crusader in Adventure Mode or just through the Campaign Act I-V and THEN hit Adventure Mode.

But, I've run through I-IV soooo many times now. Maybe I'll just play I-V on Normal and just roflstomp everything very quickly.

You have to beat act 5 with one character before unlocking it. but then its unlocked on all characters if im not mistaken.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by Epicent

*thanks Excalaber!

You have to beat act 5 with one character before unlocking it. but then its unlocked on all characters if im not mistaken.

I've been trying to find proper details on adventure mode for a while now and all I've managed to confirm so far is that a character has access to them once they complete the campaign. The wording that is used, in game and when talked about by officials.. doesn't mention anything about only having to unlock it once with one character. They haven't said either way... just things along the line of "Adventure Mode is unlocked when you complete the campaign".

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Originally posted by FlawSGI

While true, I can see why some do not feel the value is there considering they are only adding one new class, one act, and a design decision that finally addresses the randomness problem with the game. I am pretty critical of Actiblizzard and feel the expansion is a sham, but my wife and a couple of RL friends have really been enjoying the changes thus far so I already know I will be buying a copy for her. The game is easy enough for her to play so I am happy shes happy..

So? LoD added two classes, one act, a few UI improvements, new items, new monsters, increased stash space, revamped hirelings, and the ability to play at 800x600. The price ranged between $30-40.

RoS is adding one new act, one new class, new skills for existing classes, new items, new monsters, several entirely new game play modes, a new crafter, a level cap increase, new recipes for existing crafters, and runs between $30-40.

The 'design decision' you disagreed with was corrected with vanilla patch 2.0 free of charge, as well as several graphical enhancements. Clan support was added as well.

I don't see the problem here. Looks to me as if both expansions are roughly equal in content, with LoS just slightly ahead. While I will grant you that LoD did tend to range closer to the $30 mark, if you take into account inflation & increased development costs, a ~$10 higher price is actually pretty reasonable.

Hooray for hypocrisy, I guess.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

No thanks

So blood, body parts, offal, and all kinds of other twisted stuff strewn about is 'too cartoony' for you? The heck kind of cartoons are you watching? The aesthetics are such that OMGWTFBBQ incredible graphics aren't necessary. The game absolutely oozes atmosphere, and while the textures can look a little iffy up close, they're not meant to be seen that way. Zoomed out in normal game play view, they look great.

Torment 6 isn't easy at all unless you've got absolutely near top of the line equipment.

4 players is fine. 8 would be far too hectic and disorganized (such as in D2), and even 4 can get pretty crazy during some battles. Furthermore most people I knew in D2 set max players to 4 or 5, myself included.

I will never understand hating online DRM. The vast majority of D2 players played on battle.net, which (wait for it!) requires an online connection. The only thing SP was good for was to get your 'fix' if Bnet happened to be laggy or down that day, or your own internet connection went kablooey. That's why D3 was designed with online play being a priority, because Blizzard saw how most people were playing.

I find it funny that people on an MMO site are complaining about having to be online all the time to play...

Sounds to me that you're still just angry because D3 isn't a carbon copy of D2. And thank God (or nature, deity of choice, Darwin, or the rock near your doormat) for that. If I want D2 I go play D2.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• EndoRobotoEndoRoboto Member Posts: 275
    Well sounds like you got it all figured out man pat yourself on the back.

As for me: no thanks I'd rather play Simcity at this point instead because i own it and offline patch just released. The good old Diablo days are over for me at least.