Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

best sandbox mmorpg of 2014.

archeagekingarcheageking Member Posts: 88

this is going to be the biggest best badass sandbox mmorpg in 2014. LOL

Can you beleive those AAA mmorpg here in the USA still use phasing technology  in their whole world? instead of seamless world. its sooo 2008 phasing.

lol hilarious.

Comments

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Originally posted by archeageking

Can you beleive those AAA mmorpg here in the USA still use phasing technology  in their whole world? instead of seamless world. its sooo 2008 phasing.

lol hilarious.

I guess I am one of the few that has zero interest in Archeage. But, I won't completely write it off until I try it out at some point.

• kalimar42kalimar42 Member Posts: 19
    I hope it comes out on the ps 4 :)
  • evilizedevilized Member UncommonPosts: 576
    Sandpark, not sandbox. Trion has stated there will be an item mall with items that will affect your character directly (p2w).

Also this is about 2 years too late. No thx.
  • ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Did you already play the game for some time or are you just going by what you have read/seen?

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by evilized
    Sandpark, not sandbox. Trion has stated there will be an item mall with items that will affect your character directly (p2w). Also this is about 2 years too late. No thx.

No, they didn't.  You are confusing Trion with publishers in other countries.

Trions last interview stated that the (objectively) best stuff including mounts will be earned in-game, never bought.  They said nothing directly with regard to labor points, only that the eastern monetization model will not fit in the west, and it is being worked out.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• XssivXssiv Member UncommonPosts: 359
    Sandpark, not sandbox. Trion has stated there will be an item mall with items that will affect your character directly (p2w). Also this is about 2 years too late. No thx.

Trion is already selling Tier 1 raid gear in Rift's cash shop, can't imagine that AA would be any different. 

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Umm... not to rain on your parade. But I think it's going to be the only sandbox in 2014.

• evilizedevilized Member UncommonPosts: 576
    Best and slightly less than best can be a very small divide.
  • DrannyDranny Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Originally posted by Xssiv

Trion is already selling Tier 1 raid gear in Rift's cash shop, can't imagine that AA would be any different. 

And what Tier gear are they up to now.?

Originally posted by Dranny
    Originally posted by Xssiv

And what Tier gear are they up to now.?

I lost count.  Relate it to selling WoW's Molten Core gear, Tear 1 in WoW, in 2014.

Hey anyone wanna buy these sweet purples in the cash-shop?  Level 60 purples!  If you pay enough the item level is 68!

.. Or someone can just get their own low level crap. =D

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    If i log into AA and i see NPCs with shinys above their heads for quest to deliver mail im going to log out right away and consider it NOT a sandbox.
  • LisaFlexy22LisaFlexy22 Member UncommonPosts: 450

I guess you haven't heard about the recent changes to ArcheAge huh?  Calling it a sandbox currently is a bit of a stretch.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/572/view/forums/thread/403547/page/1

Originally posted by LisaFlexy22

I guess you haven't heard about the recent changes to ArcheAge huh?  Calling it a sandbox currently is a bit of a stretch.

Trion addressed that.  Linking old info isn't cool.

Trion also acknowledged that there are issues with the Korean 1.0 with levels 50-55, which are considered themepark'ish.

And .. Trion said they didn't like what they saw and are working with XLGames to modify the game for the West, to ratain the original sandbox flavor.

• An4thorAn4thor Member Posts: 524
    Originally posted by DrunkWolf
    If i log into AA and i see NPCs with shinys above their heads for quest to deliver mail im going to log out right away and consider it NOT a sandbox.

Considering you don't necessarily need quests to lvl up, be my guest :D i'll enjoy leveling by using the sandbox features.

• JorendoJorendo Member UncommonPosts: 275
    Originally posted by archeageking

lol hilarious.

So AA is going to be released in 2014?

Might want to wait with claims like these until the game is released :P I mean its going on for years now and you never know when it really gets released. MMO's get pushed back every time with months.

Unless they have a set release date already. I don't know nearly enough about this game. But seeing Trion is on it i suppose it will be a okay game...as long as they don't tie it in to a tv show :P

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

I think the best Sandbox of 2014 will be The Repopulation.. Have already played AA and sure its better than the normal themeparks out there but I think The Repopulation will be a lot better.

Thats if any of them get released this year haha

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by Karteli
    Originally posted by LisaFlexy22

Trion addressed that.  Linking old info isn't cool.

Trion also acknowledged that there are issues with the Korean 1.0 with levels 50-55, which are considered themepark'ish.

And .. Trion said they didn't like what they saw and are working with XLGames to modify the game for the West, to ratain the original sandbox flavor.

Yeah, it sounds like Trion are trying very hard to re-model the game to western tastes. According to their new community manager:

"Some other information touched upon is “pre-launch packages” similar to founder packs we've seen in the past for other titles. Berman is also aware of the 1.0 patch situation, but can't say too much on the decisions of XLGames for their regions. Although he did state that Trion Worlds and XLGames will continue to aim for, “No Tricks, No Traps” regarding development as a whole. Regarding that, XlGames has already agreed to have racial quests grant experience and gear from the cash shop be less superior to crafted items."

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/572/feature/8322/IP-Blocking-a-Promising-New-Trion-Community-Manager.html/page/1

So it sounds like the P2W stuff in the Cash Shop will still be the best in the game, just not as totally OP compared to crafted gear...

Who knows, given enough time, perhaps Trion can persuade XLGames to completely change their monetization scheme for AA in western markets ?

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Best sandbox of 2014 will still be EVE, this may just be a decent fantasy alternative.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585

Rust, Repopulation, DayZ, EQ:Landmark, AA (although not a sandbox)

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

Not in NA and EU, i dont see that game here.

How can a game be "rated" (by your opinion)  if it doesnt exist yet?

Unless you live in a country where the game is allready release, if its the case ignore my above sentence.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Jabas

Not in NA and EU, i dont see that game here.

How can a game be "rated" (by your opinion)  if it doesnt exist yet?

Unless you live in a country where the game is allready release, if its the case ignore my above sentence.

Up until very recently you could sign up and play no the Russian servers.

They stopped new sign ups but currently people who have already signed up can still play. There is also an english patch changing most of the game into some form of english haha.. well it makes more sense than it being in russian anyway.

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

I disagree with the OP. I think the best sandbox MMORPG this year should be Elite: Dangerous (providing David Braben gets the proceedural generation right and there is plenty of variety in that game's universe).

The main reason why Elite: Dangerous should beat ArcheAge is that ArcheAge is 3rd person perspective and seems too WoW-like. Elite: Dangerous is more high-tech: it's 1st person perspective and is 100% Oculus Rift compatible.

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Best sandbox of 2014 will still be EVE, this may just be a decent fantasy alternative.

Eve may be the best sandbox of 2014 IF someone is willing to spend a huge amount of time playing the game (you must build up relationships with people in a corp). However, I think Eve will be superceded this year by Elite: Dangerous for the following reasons:

• Elite: Dangerous will be enjoyable with casual play. Eve most certainly is not.
    • Elite: Dangerous will reward you in-game if you focus on the most enjoyable activities. Eve rewards you most if you focus on activities that are not enjoyable (spreadsheet trading and player-owned station destroying).
    • The cost of Eve Online has become too expensive for what you get.

The only reason to stick with Eve is if you really enjoy massive battles and don't mind the lag. However, I think this advantage will be too small.
  • StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987
    I don't consider AA a sandbox, plays too much like a themepark but with a lot of fluff.
  • GillleanGilllean Member Posts: 169
    Waited for this game for few years when it released couldn't  play more than 30 min... in witch I got lvl 9 out of 50 .....