Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online (beta), the complains

IndhyIndhy Member UncommonPosts: 4

http://thisisindhy.tumblr.com/post/79948372825/elder-scrolls-online-beta-the-complains

Bugs. I love Elder Scrolls Online, very much, bugged quests and all. When I found myself staring at my computer, a bit frustrated, unsure of what to do next, I thought… I guess I can go to bed, rest for a while… my health could surely benefit from one less Red Bull and perhaps the quests would be fixed the next day. (They weren’t). So I went to bed… that lasted for about ten minutes, then went back to Tamriel. What I thought was, as fun as the quests are, they are not the main purpose why I love Elder Scrolls, my purpose it’s the world and all the hidden (well, not so hidden) notes, letters, lore books and mysteries. In Skyrim, I created ‘Samehere Kynethra’, a girl that tried to escape her dragonborn fate and hid herself in a much darker destiny, first stealing, and then killing for the Dark Brotherhood. Unable to live with her actions, she started to live other lives of people that she found in stories, she went around collecting all the books she could find because she found salvation in each one of its pages. So whoever I will be in this Tamriel, surely I’ll look for more books and I don’t need quests for it. Elder Scrolls Online is my story and even if they took out all the quests, I would love it the same. I would go and talk to NPC’s that think I’m going to get offended because I don’t smell like a sailor. And I’ll visit all the taverns and have a drink or two, surrounded by other’s that might just feel the same way I do.

The truth? I do not think that all the quests will be fixed by launch. I hope so. I would be happy if they are because I know people is counting on it, and they’ll get mad if they aren’t, and even though those people have a tendency to sometimes, just sometimes… :) be a bit annoying, I want them to be part of it, because… the more, the merrier.

It’s not WoW. It’s not GW2. It’s not… other games. For me, there’s two types of games. The ones that I love and play, and the ones that I don’t play. There are no games at all that I hate, or even dislike. Shooters are not my type of game, but thanks to my brother I got hooked on Call of Duty and it’s the one shooter I play. I play WoW. I don’t see any reason why ESO needs to replace it. I played GW2 and loved it, my character was so pretty… she was taking selfies all the time. But one day I simply logged out and I never went back. :) I played DC Universe Online. Will play again soon, I think. I mean, Superheroes!!! And ESO, well… it’s another world to explore, one that I get to start from the beginning. And that’s exciting, and there’s so much lore.

It’s too easy. It’s too hard. (ashamed) I am that person for whom the Easy Mode in games is created. If it is an option, I take it. I’m going to say that it is because mostly I am interested in the story and very hard combat would just get in the way. (But truly, I just suck.) I love playing games, and there’s some theory that if you spend 10,000 hours doing anything you will become an expert. I have the fear that at some point I’ll prove that theory wrong. But I didn’t found it too difficult. Nor too easy. Snapjaw killed me but I probably shouldn’t have tried to solo him. Some guys in a dungeon killed me too, this one wasn’t due to me being bad, they all came after me, all of them! They could sense me or something. Anyways, the good thing about this game is that if you find it too difficult, over leveling the content by a level or two, should be pretty easy and if you find it too easy, I’m sure you can find a challenge. Be with me in a dungeon, :D it doesn’t get any more challenging than that.

Boring quests. Non-immersive world. There’s different colors for different tastes. I am completely immersed and I care about what I’m doing because I know why. The one thing that helps is reading the quest text. Hear them out! There’s a story. You do not just go and retrieve some skooma because you are going to get certain amount of XP. You want to do it because you care and understand, they just lost their father and so you lie to soldiers for them. They deserve some peace and a second chance. You don’t get experience. YOU SAVE PEOPLE! YOU ARE A HERO!!!

Cash shop. I don’t really have a problem with a company trying to make money. I don’t see selling a horse as such a bad thing. I bought the imperial edition, but I don’t think I’ll ever use the imperial race. I probably won’t use the horse too much at the beginning as searching for crafting material and chests and wandering about it’s much better in a slower pace. But I do like having my horse, it’s white and imperial!! I don’t really like the crab pet, and I don’t have anyone to share the rings of mara so I guess I really should have ordered the standard edition and buy the horse, lol. Oh well!!

It’s not FTP or BTP. I’m not against either. As I mentioned before, I played GW2 and DCUO. Both good games. But neither fulfilled me. There’s a reason why I’m not in their world right now, and I’m still in Azeroth. Not every game needs to cater to the same population. But if a subscription model will make for a better Tamriel, I’m all up for it. You don’t have to be. I understand not playing this game. I just don’t understand the hate. Unless it’s actually love and people is acting out because they can’t afford it. Which is sad. :’(

I am overly excited, waiting for March 30th to start roleplaying and live yet another life. George R. R. Martin wrote “A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, … The man who never reads lives only one.” Just imagine how many lives can a reader and gamer live. They are all stories, different stories and we make them ours.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone in Tamriel! 

Join the Aldmeri Dominion!!!

We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us.”

Bright Moons guide your steps! 

Comments

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Mr.SeriousGuy

all the quest are broken ! and it looks like oblivion with light rays ! and alot of the gear looks bad and not even as good looking as TESV !

only buy it if you cant wait for it to go F2P and care more about the story than game play because gameplay is kind of busted

Cancelled my preorder and am going to wait for it to go F2P.  And it will go F2P very soon after launch, mark my words.  In the mean time I'll enjoy playing Path of Exile, Hearthstone and Diablo 3 expansion.  This will also give the game time to mature with decent content.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• IndhyIndhy Member UncommonPosts: 4
    My point was simply to share my opinion. Yes, because I am a fan. Not sure why that would make you angry or the need to be mean. I guess I won't see you in Tamriel. 
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Megilindir
    [mod edit]

There's no need to be that mean.  The game might not suit me or you, but the OP is free to say that they enjoyed it. This is a forum after all, we are allowed to have positive or negative opinions.  It seemed like a balanced post, weighing up the criticism but saying they liked it regardless.

OP: I totally disagree about the immersion, but I am glad that you are enjoying the game. 

• IndhyIndhy Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Originally posted by evilastro
    Originally posted by Megilindir
    [mod edit]

There's no need to be that mean.  The game might not suit me or you, but the OP is free to say that they enjoyed it. This is a forum after all, we are allowed to have positive or negative opinions.  It seemed like a balanced post, weighing up the criticism but saying they liked it regardless.

OP: I totally disagree about the immersion, but I am glad that you are enjoying the game. 

Thanks. :)

• Doriangray1Doriangray1 Member Posts: 53
    If you like something, then play it. If not, don't. It's really simple as that. I understand that there are things that can be improved within a game... But so many people want to change fundamentals of the game at this point...which is really illogical. Personally, If I don't like a game , I don't even talk about it.

Rubber duck is incapable of hate.

" The extinction of Rubber Ducks will bring forth the end of our days. "

• MegilindirMegilindir Member UncommonPosts: 223

Yeah.Sorry for being mean in this thread.Didn't mean to sound that rough.It's just so many people out there stating that the game is actually good and how they felt.I'm a hardcore elder Scrolls fan and i hatefully watch the game how it corrupts the base feel.

Again, sorry.You can of course say what you want to say.It's just.. i have a complicated relationship between ESO and ES and how they became a marketing toy.

beLIEve

• MpfiveMpfive Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    Originally posted by Mr.SeriousGuy

all the quest are broken ! and it looks like oblivion with light rays ! and alot of the gear looks bad and not even as good looking as TESV !

only buy it if you cant wait for it to go F2P and care more about the story than game play because gameplay is kind of busted

Cancelled my preorder and am going to wait for it to go F2P.  And it will go F2P very soon after launch, mark my words.  In the mean time I'll enjoy playing Path of Exile, Hearthstone and Diablo 3 expansion.  This will also give the game time to mature with decent content.

Put your crystal ball away please, cheers.