Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO with P2P will not long time alive

davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458

b2p can be much better and  very successful

P2P  will not work  because alot of another good game coming soon and F2P! EQN / Archeage..

i dont think alot of ppls will be still happy with this game next year

Comments

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

Did your title say, "ESO with P2P will not long time live"?

LMAO you did mean, "ESO will not live long with P2P"?

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Allacore69

I figured he was talking like yoda.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

Originally posted by DMKano

Originally posted by Allacore69 Did your title say, "ESO with P2P will not long time live"? LMAO you did mean, "ESO will not live long with P2P"?
    Give him a break - he is Slovenian.

I went to Ljubljana once when I was a kid - super nice people there.

[mod edit]

But seriously this game does have potential.

If it did go F2P I will still play. P2P ill still play.

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    EQN / Archeage .. when do they release?
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Thanks for the prediction OP, but I'm not waiting around for something that may or may not happen in the next year or two.

The early access starts in less than 2 weeks, I'll be there playing. Now. Not at some vague time in the future.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Exactly, not everyone is natively in English..

But then this is post 916 on this topic, and everything has been said about this, its a fact none will change for now

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Was going to say the exact same thing.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AsariashaAsariasha Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Yet another fortune teller. Thx for your prophecy. o.O
  • TaneonTaneon Member UncommonPosts: 53

[mod edit]

Well jokes aside i dont realy agree with OP on his point. First of all B2P is usually not good long term option (looking at you GW2 "living story"). No real serious updates to game system, just a bunch of useless grind additions.

Where some F2P worked, like LOTRO, but was still annoying as hell. Buying quests just annoys me to no end...

Any subscription plan will fail if they dont do meaningful game updates, so we will see how much Zenimax justify sub in the next year. If they simply expect us to sub the game for the game itself than yeah i think it will fail also, but if they actualy continue to improve the game (like WoW did, even thou im not a fan of that game need to admit that) than the game wount fail. The non F2P model doeant mean default fail, not all of gamers are that self-entitled.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by Asariasha

To be fair one doesn't need to be a fortune teller to tell how a certain P2P MMO will do in current market based on examples from past.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• smokeybhasmokeybha Member UncommonPosts: 129
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

Thanks for the prediction OP, but I'm not waiting around for something that may or may not happen in the next year or two.

The early access starts in less than 2 weeks, I'll be there playing. Now. Not at some vague time in the future.

This...

I wont spend my life waiting for the next big thing heh. In the end its a game, stop putting so much thought into it heh.

• VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723

I don't get why people make posts like this. I mean seriously, what do you care, personally, about how the game does? Does it affect your life, gaming or entertainment generally if it's a huge smash, or a giant flop?

Fine, if YOU want it to end up B2P or F2P so YOU don't have to pay a sub then just say that. We get it, you don't like paying subs. Some people have no issue with it however - see FF XIV which is happily taking monthly cash from players and giving them enjoyment in return.

It sure makes no difference to me that FF XIV is a sub game that's doing pretty well, in fact I'm happy it's doing well. Because I like MMOs, I believe in the genre and want to see it have a long future with games getting progressively better and more dynamic. This needs games to be successful, even if it's games that you personally don't like, or don't want to pay for.

Originally posted by Doogiehowser
    Originally posted by Asariasha

To be fair one doesn't need to be a fortune teller to tell how a certain P2P MMO will do in current market based on examples from past.

The problem is most people don't think past arbitrary reasoning when citing said examples (the slippery slope). The others simply say stuff like that to get a rise out of people or set up an "I told you so". Very few look at it realistically or apply the possibility of chance to said examples. In short most posts like that are not meant as constructive banter, they're meant to stir the pot.

[mod edit]

• SuperNickSuperNick Member UncommonPosts: 460

I literally couldn't understand the point of this post if I tried.

Is it because you can't afford a sub? Perhaps your parents don't let you use credit cards online?

Neither you nor anyone else can make this kind of projection - it is nothing more than a random off the hat guess akin to some kinda fortune telling.

Why people feel the need to come on forums and post this trash is beyond me.

"Well hot damn, time to hit the forums and complain about the sub fee, I dunno why i'm doing it but I'm gonna complain like no one has ever seen before!"

• killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995
    [mod edit]

Oh, you mean the developers said it's going to be amazing!?!?  If we had known this earlier, it would have cleared up all the confusion.  No game developer has ever said their game was going to be awesome and totally worth every penny spent on it.  This must be the revolution the MMORPG industry has been waiting for.  Thanks for making us all aware! :)

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

9/10 mmo going free to play
    ESO wont be the exception.
    Its not the mmo it should have been.

Maybe for some who like soso mmo's, but people expect a top notch product when they need to lay down 50 euro + 13 euro a month, and ESO just aint worth it for many people.

There are equal mmo's out there for free, and the cocky decision to make Imperials collectors edition....ouch
    Zenimax better have plan B ready ! oh wait they already have !!! the cashshop is already inplace !

I give it 6 months before it goes free to play, SWTOR 2 incomming.

• GillleanGilllean Member Posts: 169
    Originally posted by killion81

Oh, you mean the developers said it's going to be amazing!?!?  If we had known this earlier, it would have cleared up all the confusion.  No game developer has ever said their game was going to be awesome and totally worth every penny spent on it.  This must be the revolution the MMORPG industry has been waiting for.  Thanks for making us all aware! :)

In comparison with other MMO I trust Zenimax they already have a good Game and with open minded gamers feedbeck in future it will get only better. Also no body even said us what they said..
    They were saying yeah we will have expansion like gw2 .... every 2 weeks but none of them sayed  it will be real content but not mindless archives farm for 10 hours and a new hat or mask like in gw2...

While Zenimax stated in a clear way NO MINDLESS CONTENT no more gw2 bull shit  new month, here’s a new sword or here’s a funny hat — but content that is real and significant and it feels like regular and consistent DLC releases!

IF there is some one to bet on it's Zenimax !  at least next 2 3 year while Black Dessert is in development and testing phase...but I'm afraid this game might be another AA fail will see more clearly later now lets enjoy TESO

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by davc123

b2p can be much better and  very successful

P2P  will not work  because alot of another good game coming soon and F2P! EQN / Archeage..

i dont think alot of ppls will be still happy with this game next year

uh damn. and if he doesn't know, who does?

let's call zenimax and tell em. they arescrewed now. mr 300 posts said so.

a little sidenote: if you don't like it, don't play it, we won't miss you.

actually we are happy we don't have the f2p horde screwing our servers :P

so... yea. keep playing rift and tera and neverwinter and archage (good thing they released in asia and then EU/russia, they can scam you twice this way. clever)... while we play ESO without you and like it :)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• PoisondwarfPoisondwarf Member UncommonPosts: 33
    I personally like the sub model and HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FTP or pay to win as it always becomes. If you can't afford the sub or don't want to pay for a game then don't play it. I hate the fact that so many people think that they are entitled to play something without paying for it !!
  • SoMuchMassSoMuchMass Member Posts: 548

Off course he is Slovenian.  I have noticed the most vocal critics of subscription fees are Eastern Europeans.  And I don't blame them, because $15 might not be a lot in Western Europe or NA but it can be a lot in Eastern Europe. 

Originally posted by Gilllean
    Not really pal I'm from One of poorest country in world )))  but I'm with both hands for P2P  simple gamers should grow up and get a job already !!

You assume too much friend. Generalisation always makes for bad arguments. it is about 'percieved' value of money which varies from person to person. Only because someone thinks that ESO is not worth 15 bucks a month doesn't mean they are jobless.

If these people can afford a good computer to run ESO well + broadband i am sure they can afford 15 bucks a month too.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Gonna enjoy not having MMO leeches in the game from the beginning personally. If it goes F2P later and they swarm like locusts I can always move games.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268
    Originally posted by Gilllean
    Not really pal I'm from One of poorest country in world )))  but I'm with both hands for P2P  simple gamers should grow up and get a job already !!

It is not because it has the sub. It is because the game is not worth the sub.

[mod edit]

-Jesse Schell

-Luke McKinney