Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Story aside, what class has been the most fun to play?

Just like the title says, I am looking for the class that has delivered the most overall enjoyable experience to play for itself without taking the story into account. The pole does not allow me enough to poll advanced classes, so tell me what you picked also.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to add a "Show results" option.

Comments

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697

I've tried all the class combinations at least up to lvl30 and some of them up to level 50.

The classes I've enjoyed the most were:

• Imp.Agent Operative - either playing as Concealment rogue style ganker or Lethality mobile dotter
    • Jedi Consular Shadow - playing as kinetic tank PVP. I felt indestructible.
    • Bounty Hunter Powertech was also cool, both in PVE and PVP.
    • Jedi Knight Sentinel was a difficult journey, but very rewarding later, when my gear and skill were at high level
    Other class/combos were not bad, but not nearly as fun as the ones mentioned above.
  • LoverNoFighterLoverNoFighter Member Posts: 294
    The answer is all relative. Why don't you pick the class that YOU think will be the most fun to play? ;-)
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by LoverNoFighter
    The answer is all relative. Why don't you pick the class that YOU think will be the most fun to play? ;-)

I think I already have. But I also want to know what others think.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067

This is a difficult question although I have played/tried every class at some point. For me it depends on a few factors. I sometimes enjoy doing heroic 4's on my own or be able to duo it with another. The only way I can do that is if I can stealth and heal so operative and scoundrel is the most fun for that. The ability to vanish when things go south is also so useful.

On the other hand I simply adore my two blaster mercenary or my gunslinger simply for the fun of shooting things up. The gunslinger cannot pull off even half of what the operative and scoundrel can but the fun factor is there.

The commando I can tell you the cannon is simply fantastic to behold and the crowd control plus heals is a great addition to both groups and simply fabulous aoe mechanic that is both a blast to watch and execute.

On the other hand I simply love to stealth up and stab my enemy with my shadow and leave a gaping hole that is visible for awhile. Love the mechanic and the rock tossing. This plus the stealth crowd control makes for another fun class. Plus Theran is a hoot. I am also similarly enjoying the overpowered sorcerer with its heals and cc although I find that class more boring in comparison to my operative though.

Last but not least I think the animations of the Jedi Guardian is very well done. Master Stroke is so beautiful to execute plus sentinel is a very very nice class to DPS with. The marauder has different animations and so does the juggernaut but I think the Jedi Guardian has by far the best.

To be honest I cannot choose one above the others cos they all have merits.

Chamber of Chains
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    The sith warrior story was by far my favorite class story in an mmo, but the inquisitor was a more enjoyable class for me. If I kept playing I don't think either one would have been a bad first choice though.
  • Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    If we are talking about which class was for me the most fun to play aside of class story it got to be Sith Assassin - Darkness build (tank). The second class I enjoy is Sith Marauder. If we are talking about class story IA hands down.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

I made this poll after starting with a Smuggler, then moving to a Marauder. I enjoyed the Marauder more. Then I chose to try something else to make sure I was playing the class I wanted to. I rolled an Inquis. OK, so my thought was 2 fold. I had been keeping my weapons modded and updated on my Marauder. But I wanted a complete set of moddable armor too. So I rolled an Inquis planning on taking up Synth as a crew skill. And while only up to 10, I actually think I enjoy it more than the Marauder. Both stories are good.
  • Fenrir767Fenrir767 Member Posts: 595
    Inquisitor is my main and really fun to level with the damage and heals. You can still do solid damage in heal spec.
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Sevenstar61
    If we are talking about which class was for me the most fun to play aside of class story it got to be Sith Assassin - Darkness build (tank). The second class I enjoy is Sith Marauder. If we are talking about class story IA hands down.
    Sith Assassin - Darkness build is the funnest tank class I have played in any mmo. Knock backs, pulls, stealth, multiple aoes, sprint, backstabs, choke, and all instant so no standing still. So much fun.
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Originally posted by Sevenstar61

Sith Assassin - Darkness build is the funnest tank class I have played in any mmo. Knock backs, pulls, stealth, multiple aoes, sprint, backstabs, choke, and all instant so no standing still. So much fun.

Hehe, For me, the honor of the class most fun to level in an MMORPG falls on the leveling of my Enhancement Shaman back in the earlier days of TBC WoW.

You just never forget your 1st Triple Windfury Crit.

That said, Even though I am more burned out on MMORPG leveling, This system BW implemented, isn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by GeezerGamer
    Originally posted by Foomerang   Originally posted by Sevenstar61 If we are talking about which class was for me the most fun to play aside of class story it got to be Sith Assassin - Darkness build (tank). The second class I enjoy is Sith Marauder. If we are talking about class story IA hands down.
    Hehe, For me, the honor of the class most fun to level in an MMORPG falls on the leveling of my Enhancement Shaman back in the earlier days of TBC WoW.

You just never forget your 1st Triple Windfury Crit.

That said, Even though I am more burned out on MMORPG leveling, This system BW implemented, isn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be.

Ah good ol wow hehe. Disc priest is probably my favorite combat class ever. Close second was the amazing 40/21/0 affliction lock from the burning crusade days.
  • CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198

I have to say Sith Sorcerer.  Purple Lightning > All.  It's amazing how much the cosmetic implementation of abilities affects how fun the classes feel, because the Sorcerer is awesome, and the experience of playing the Jedi Sage is about as far from awesome as anything in the game gets, despite being mechanically identical.  Strong second place goes to Sniper.

Fortunately, Sorcerer is also (for my tastes) the second most interesting story.  But on the narrative end (digressing, I know) I would say both Sith classes and the Agent are leaps and bounds above any of the stories on the Pub side. (Though most of the Pub stories do manage to be better than Bounty Hunter, at least after Chapter 1.)

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547

for me it was the Imperial Agent. Loved the storyline

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• Not_Too_BrightNot_Too_Bright Member Posts: 18

Fighting wise, I much prefer the ranged classes with a healer build. Send in companion pet to tank, keep em healed, and add in DPS. My trooper is 40 ish, and although the story isn't great(I even went female build to get Jennifer Hales voice), the actual combat is IMO.

My absolute favorite though is the Bounty Hunter with a healer build.  It is the only class I have finished the original story with. Jedi Knight, Scoundrel, Sith Inquisitor, and Agent are getting close.

If a person wants to go Sith, I say stick with the tank roles. Same for Jedi Knight. It takes longer to cut mobs down, but you don't drop faster than Paris Hilton's panties.

Jedi Sentinel seems to be survivable as a healing class. Roughly 40 lvl ATM.

Anyways only play the game as a single player. This has been my impressions. Hope it helps out OP.

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

The Sith Inquisitor and Jedi Sage are pretty much identical in how they play (Sith you shoot lightning, Jedi you throw rocks), and both are my favorite to play.

In both you can play as a DPS/Healer, with your companion being a tank.  Makes combat pretty easy, especially against Elites. I have trouble with those on every other class, especially Jedi melee guy as I don't have a healer yet (Only in my 20s)

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

I had loads of fun with my Guardian.

The combat was - once it worked - superb fun to me :)

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Imperial Agent for me.  Nothing was more fun to me then, popping out of stealth. While stabbing my target with enough knives to make a butcher blush. Pre-nerf I enjoyed using it on people in pvp. Could drop anyone not in heavy armor before they even finished the get up animation.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

Originally posted by Gorwe
    And btw my fav classes:

Vanguard/Powertech: It's simply awesome! A tanky DPS with DoTs(single target or AoE) + a tank. I REALLY love those two. They are the only class which I have on both sides. Ending epic storyline moments with, basically, shoryuken never gets old.

Shadow/Assassin: I don't like the positional build so much(backstabber), but the other two are SO FKKIN AWESOME! Especially the tank!!! Mobility + survivability + interrupts + DoTs = OH MY!

Sentinel/Marauder: It's simply beautiful to watch them while fighting. Not only that, but if you master them you'll have one of the highest damages AND some serious Defense as well(in the Shi-Cho form you can have up to +10% DR vs EVERYTHING in addition to rebuke etc). Simply awesome.

Sniper(not so much Gunslinger): Two shot strong mobs of equal level eh? Offensive rotations that NEVER fail? An awesome sniper rifle to boot? You got it!

Classes which I don't like:

Mando/Merc: Idk. They didn't have a good impression on me. Too static(while lacking the stopping power of sniper), big resource problems until at least 30 etc. Not to mention that as a merc you get your first good companion at the level 28! Mando is kinda ok-ish tho.

Sage/Sorc: I have my Sage because of story purposes(I just can't see the JC storyline through the Shadow glasses), but I still don't get it. Again, too static without any Real sniper-ish stopping power. Nice DoT + Heal class tho.

Guard/Jugger(outside of the tank specs): Idk, they just feel too brutish and too simplistic. Imo, it feels like clubbing your foes to death with a baseball bat. It's not about the animations-they are more than fine. It's about the whole package. Overusing the single abilities = drab. It lacks the elegance of a sent and the toughness of a jugg.

This is the one I am currently working on. Yeah. Fun.

But the story doesn't match. I rolled a Sith for a race and the story revolves around me being a non pure blooded slave.

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

This is the one I am currently working on. Yeah. Fun.

But the story doesn't match. I rolled a Sith for a race and the story revolves around me being a non pure blooded slave.

Originally (in beta) the devs recognized that Pureblood doesn't work for the Inquisitor class, and the combination wasn't allowed, but a large enough number of people whined that they decided to allow it, even though it blatantly contradicts the narrative.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• tyfontyfon Member UncommonPosts: 240

Sith Assasin is by far the class I found most fun.

I mean, how can you beat going haywire with a dual lightsaber while laughing manically?

• LoverNoFighterLoverNoFighter Member Posts: 294
    Originally posted by tyfon

I mean, how can you beat going haywire with a dual lightsaber while laughing manically?

Assasins can dual wield?

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020

Can't quote this enough for these types of threads. It's one thing to ask for cookie cutter build for a class you pick, but to ask someone else what class is the most fun...unless its for pure discussion, just...why?

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• tyfontyfon Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Originally posted by tyfon

Assasins can dual wield?

Sorry, double bladed lightsaber.

I'm playing eve and landmark now

This poll shows the Inquisitor by an overwhelming margin.

But the Consular is a fraction of that. 

aren't these classes basically mirrors of each other?

• ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594
    Healer Operative and Marauder (and their mirrors) were the most fun for me.