Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapest place to preorder from EU?

caz777caz777 Member UncommonPosts: 7

Hey,

Due to being located in the EU (denmark to be specific) I am charged in british pounds when using GreenManGaming, which basically makes the games enormously more expensive for me.

So I am wondering if anyone have an overview of places to preorder the digital imperial edition from, with similar discounts as GreenManGaming, but where you are not forces into paying excess prices due to not being american?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• sairuscosairusco Member Posts: 133
    Originally posted by caz777

Hey,

Due to being located in the EU (denmark to be specific) I am charged in british pounds when using GreenManGaming, which basically makes the games enormously more expensive for me.

So I am wondering if anyone have an overview of places to preorder the digital imperial edition from, with similar discounts as GreenManGaming, but where you are not forces into paying excess prices due to not being american?

Thanks in advance

I'm not sure why you're being charged in gbp, I bought my copy there aswell and paid in euro's. (Still the euro price -20% is cheaper than other eu shops)

Its still more expensive than buying the game in dollars, but alas there are no legal ways to do that. (and  the illegal ways are far from safe, so I wouldn't recommend trying ;-))

• caz777caz777 Member UncommonPosts: 7

I assume I am charged in british pounds due to Denmark not participating in the Euro.

Anyway there should be nothing preventing sellers from charging me in USD if they chose to (or not set 1 USD=1EUR=1GPD)...except attempting to get people to play additional money :)

• 5ubzer05ubzer0 Member UncommonPosts: 72
    Contact customer service. My brother who lives in the EU was allowed to pay in USD, after he complained very politely.
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Greenmangaming seems to have the best deal. It is £35 for the game. Just make sure you buy the DVD copy and not the online rip off £35 works out cheaper than the US price of $59.99 and that's considering that the dollar is very weak against the pound.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

@Fivoroth

Not sure where you are finding those GreenManGaming prices. I am charged 69£ for the Digital Imperial Edition, which is around almost 115 USD. After subtracted the 20% discount that will still be around 91 USD. As far as I know the US price is 64 USD for discounted digi imperial.

@Skyline385

Sadly gamefly also charges me in £ :(

If you are looking to buy the Imperial Edition, you are correct. It is £69.99. I bought the standard edition which is £34.99. I don't think it's worth it to pay almost double for it imo. 

I don't think the Imperial edition is only $64 USD. At least it wasn't that much the last time I checked Bethesda official website.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

Originally posted by skyline385
    Originally posted by fivoroth

If you are looking to buy the Imperial Edition, you are correct. It is £69.99. I bought the standard edition which is £34.99. I don't think it's worth it to pay almost double for it imo. 

I don't think the Imperial edition is only $64 USD. At least it wasn't that much the last time I checked Bethesda official website.

Sites like GreenManGaming and GameFly have 20-25% discount coupons. I bought the Imperial Edition for $64 from GMG. And yes, they are legit retailers not key-sellers.

@OP,

sucks that GameFly also shows in Pounds for you. I am out of ideas for now. Looked at dealzon.com but they have only GMG and GF listed for discounts :

Doesn't work for the UK version of the website. Still too expensive. I am not paying that much for a game. 

But yeah, I am not sure why the OP is getting the UK version of the website. He should contact them to ask them if he can pay in $. Don't see a reason why he wouldn't be able to. This won't work for me as I am based in the UK. All this TESO business strikes me as a rip off as we are not used to paying this much for new game releases in the UK. Ironically new games can often be much cheaper in the UK compared to the US and EU. I still remember getting Diablo 3 on release date for £24 which is $40 :D

Yeah it kinda sucks :) Paying 40% more for the exact same digital product just seems stupid...particularly when purchasing multiple copies...

I tried writing GMG as suggested...no idea if they can/will indulge my wish to pay in USD.

I guess the last resort would be to find colleagues that are in the US within the next month, and let them buy it for me while there :)

Yeah it kinda sucks :) Paying 40% more for the exact same digital product just seems stupid...particularly when purchasing multiple copies...

I tried writing GMG as suggested...no idea if they can/will indulge my wish to pay in USD.

I guess the last resort would be to find colleagues that are in the US within the next month, and let them buy it for me while there :)

Btw, there is one thing to consider. If you buy it from the US website or from GMG in $, I am not sure if you won't get a US version of the game. You might also want to consider if there aren't any regional restrictions. For example, in WOW I remember that you couldn't create an EU account and play on the EU servers with a US copy of the game. 

I am not sure if this is the case with TESO as I haven't been following the game at all. I just bought it because it is a TES game. But bear this in mind as you don't want to spend a lot of money on a game which you can't play in your region. That might be a reason why you are getting the UK version.

Also you can later upgrade to the Imperial Edition by paying the difference. This has been confirmed I think. I will see if the extra $$ for the IMperial is worth it, once I spent more time on the game :)

• skyline385skyline385 Member Posts: 564

They might do it. Just yesterday, they refunded my Standard edition even though i had already used up the early access code. I told them i wanted to get the Imperial Edition and they refunded it within just 5 hours from when i sent the email. Funny thing is that when i purchased the Stardard Edition, i got $2.10 as store credit which i used to get the Imp Edition for $61.90 after using the 20% discount as well image

Btw, there is one thing to consider. If you buy it from the US website or from GMG in $, I am not sure if you won't get a US version of the game. You might also want to consider if there aren't any regional restrictions. For example, in WOW I remember that you couldn't create an EU account and play on the EU servers with a US copy of the game. 

I am not sure if this is the case with TESO as I haven't been following the game at all. I just bought it because it is a TES game. But bear this in mind as you don't want to spend a lot of money on a game which you can't play in your region. That might be a reason why you are getting the UK version.

Nothing like that. I have ESO for me in Euros so i bought it from GMG as well. I also asked ESO support and they said it's fine.

As for your earlier post, these days every AAA game seems to be sold in UK / Europe for 60 pounds / Euros (including that on Steam) so i don't see why you are complaining as if this is something exclusive for ESO only. People have been complaining for years over all the game devs' pricing in UK / EU. So, i dunno if you never buy your games and just pirate it or are just plainly ignoring this fact just for the sake of hating ESO.

Nothing like that. I have ESO for me in Euros so i bought it from GMG as well. I also asked ESO support and they said it's fine.

As for your earlier post, these days every AAA game seems to be sold in UK / Europe for 60 pounds / Euros (including that on Steam) so i don't see why you are complaining as if this is something exclusive for ESO only. People have been complaining for years over all the game devs' pricing in UK / EU. So, i dunno if you never buy your games and just pirate it or are just plainly ignoring this fact just for the sake of hating ESO.

You clearly don't live in the UK. There is not a single game I have ever seen in the UK that costs 60 pounds. I am constantly buying new games on steam and from amazon and they average about 30-35 pounds for AAA release. I bought TESO for £35. True it is standard but I don't buy Collector's Edition of games. 

So please don't talk bullshit as you don't know what we pay in the UK. Check steam and you will see that the most expensive AAA games are £30-40 which is roughly $50-60. People in the euro zone play completely different prices to what we pay in the UK. Hell, we pay the cheapest MMO subscription in the world. We only pay £8.99 for our MMOs. ESO will also charge £8.99

• twitch242twitch242 Member UncommonPosts: 177

Caz prøv http://www.playgames.dk/elder-scrolls-online-p-1146.html

Det er dog uden box, men hva pokker !

You clearly don't live in the UK. There is not a single game I have ever seen in the UK that costs 60 pounds. I am constantly buying new games on steam and from amazon and they average about 30-35 pounds for AAA release. I bought TESO for £35. True it is standard but I don't buy Collector's Edition of games. 

So please don't talk bullshit as you don't know what we pay in the UK. Check steam and you will see that the most expensive AAA games are £30-40 which is roughly $50-60. People in the euro zone play completely different prices to what we pay in the UK. Hell, we pay the cheapest MMO subscription in the world. We only pay £8.99 for our MMOs. ESO will also charge £8.99

I went and checked and turns out you were right. I apologise then as I thought UK shared the same game pricing problem as EU.

• gorgonagorgona Member UncommonPosts: 49

Try this website, sells the standard preorder version for 37 EUROS

https://www.g2a.com/the-elder-scrolls-online-cd-key-preorder-global.html

I went and checked and turns out you were right. I apologise then as I thought UK shared the same game pricing problem as EU.

That's alright. Now that I re-read my reply, it sounded way harsher than I intended. Sorry.

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    I bought the CE digital for €47,- but with proxy. Just paid the dollar price, paypal did the rembours, it was 64 dollar what in eu is €47!! Smart shopper xD

Edit:

From greenmangaming

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

Greenmangaming.com

$12 off Imperial $12 off Imperial: CE1WXQ-2PQZSH-UDJEQS

Yeah i agree. It is not exclusively an ESO issue. It is becoming more and more prevalent. In the old days, where games were physical it did make some sense due to added cost etc. But digital goods are different.

I actually do buy all my games, but typically I either manage to find ok deals,  pay in dollars (GMG used to allow this, but changed it), or the difference are too small to care.

That you see it as hating on ESO is just ridiculous, and very far from the truth. If anything I am blaming retailers these days :). So basically I am just trying to find if any place exist where I do not end up paying 40% more for the same product (without having to resort to proxys/VPN)

Yeah i agree. It is not exclusively an ESO issue. It is becoming more and more prevalent. In the old days, where games were physical it did make some sense due to added cost etc. But digital goods are different.

I actually do buy all my games, but typically I either manage to find ok deals,  pay in dollars (GMG used to allow this, but changed it), or the difference are too small to care.

That you see it as hating on ESO is just ridiculous, and very far from the truth. If anything I am blaming retailers these days :). So basically I am just trying to find if any place exist where I do not end up paying 40% more for the same product (without having to resort to proxys/VPN)

Uhm, i wasn't talking about you in those posts. I know that the pricing is bad and i understand with you guys on it. I was talking to the other guy who said that only ESO is using these prices which i misunderstood as i explained later.

• Lucid108Lucid108 Member Posts: 36

Game I respect.

I had a reply from GMG, and sadly they have no intention of doing anything about it. As far as I could see from their playfire forum though it looks like they are loosing a good amount of customers on their change to regional currencies...though one would assume they have made a business case on it :)

Originally posted by MikeJezZ

http://www.kinguin.net/category/4451/the-elder-scrolls-online-headstart-explorer-pack-digital-download-30-days/

34 euro

This is dirt cheap. £28 for the standard edition. Too bad I already pre-ordered :D